2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

OK. I can’t visualize it, but I don’t have my glasses on.

Never used anything like that. After using a syringe to inject solvent around the inside of the grip from top to bottom, I can twist them off while it’s in the vise.

... Here's a visual for you. I have used this one for years and it works great. The solvent gets in-between the wire and easy to slide down inside the grip, twist around the circumference, and then just slide it off the shaft. 

GripRemover.JPG.497873c7c170672576df242f348b4464.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

5 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Funny - I actually found my first Scotty in the used section of an Edwin Watts (remember those?!) golf shop in LA for $99. No clue why it was so cheap; it was a decent condition Newport 2; forget the year of it. I'd just gone in to pick up a dozen balls and, as usual, checked out the putter section. Saw it and was like "Oh, wonder how much they want for ... wait, no way." 

The used putter market is nuts. I was in a 2nd Swing the other day and every putter I picked up was $300+. I can 3 putt with my Odyssey just fine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

The used putter market is nuts. I was in a 2nd Swing the other day and every putter I picked up was $300+. I can 3 putt with my Odyssey just fine.

Yeah - that happened when I'd first moved to LA in 2007. Was living in Hermosa Beach, just down the road from The Lakes at El Segundo; little executive course with a pretty decent range. 

Think they turned it into a Top Golf a couple years ago. 

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

Don’t know if any of you are Maui fans or not, but the fires there seem to be devastating. From what’s been reported, the town of Lahaina has been destroyed, which is tragic if accurate. It’s such a cool harbor town with a great Hawaiian vibe.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/08/09/coast-guard-joins-brush-fire-response-lahaina-where-crews-continue-battle-wind-whipped-flames/

• Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Don’t know if any of you are Maui fans or not, but the fires there seem to be devastating. From what’s been reported, the town of Lahaina has been destroyed, which is tragic if accurate. It’s such a cool harbor town with a great Hawaiian vibe.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/08/09/coast-guard-joins-brush-fire-response-lahaina-where-crews-continue-battle-wind-whipped-flames/

A friend of mine has been there on vacation for the last week and I saw her post about it this AM. She and her friends are OK - but yeah, it's absolutely terrible. Such a beautiful place. 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

@TiScape   Etc.  

on the car front.  I figured I’m the biggest geek here. But that some might appreciate what just happened to me. 

while I was on the phone with one customer reading off info to his car that I’m going to start on in November , I get another call. So after I’m finished I redial that number. And it’s a man I met  once while in the loft of a barn. 😂.  We were both privy to an estate sale before the sale. We struck up a conversation then and he remembered my name.  

fast forward to today.  He finds my number from a mutual acquaintance and Calls me up.  And says “ I’m looking at this mustang in a lady’s basement.  Where are the usual rust spots “. Asking me because that’s what I do mainly.  So I began to describe where to look. This went on for 20 minutes before I said “ is it a fastback or a coupe”.  He says fastback.  So I perk up.  And another 20 minutes in I said “ what engine is in it. If any “. And I heard the pause that all of us in the underworld or cars knows. That pause of “ do I trust this guy or not … do I say.  Or not “.   And after that pause he says “ cobra jet “.  And I immediately started trying too squash my excitement 😂.   And hold back questions to a one at a time level.  I asked all the questions and got perfect answers …. This is a 68 R code 428 CJ fastback. White . With a C6 automatic.  430 rear axle gears.  And it’s perfect head to toe.  Even the right tag on the factory Holley carb. And the lady says her husband bought it new after Vietnam.  And she’s holding the yellow Sc title.  Which is how the old ones are from the dealer. I mean this is unobtanium stuff. 

my advice was anything under $50k was a felony.  I’d bet he gets it under 30.  This is the car that was built to legalize that engine for certain nhra drag series.  Because it needed to be a production engine to be legal.  Very few made and it’s been in a basement 3 minutes from my shop the whole time.  I still don’t know where 🤣.  He just said “ it’s close by …3-4 minutes “.  Crazy. Potential half million dollar car.  

That is an incredible find. Based on the auctions I've been to 50K is low if it truly is perfect. I'm not a Ford aficionado so I don't know how many were produced. I'm pretty sure there are not a lot of them left, especially in great original condition. I've got four cars and certainly don't need another, but, this one would tempt me if I knew where it was. Your Spidey senses must be slipping. Should have gotten a vibe from it being that close to your house.

Edited by sunbeltgolfer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Not so fast. I have re-channeled my Bears man card negative energy to Jordan Love, where it can actually do some good. 

All is forgiven. 😂

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

@TiScape   Etc.  

on the car front.  I figured I’m the biggest geek here. But that some might appreciate what just happened to me. 

while I was on the phone with one customer reading off info to his car that I’m going to start on in November , I get another call. So after I’m finished I redial that number. And it’s a man I met  once while in the loft of a barn. 😂.  We were both privy to an estate sale before the sale. We struck up a conversation then and he remembered my name.  

fast forward to today.  He finds my number from a mutual acquaintance and Calls me up.  And says “ I’m looking at this mustang in a lady’s basement.  Where are the usual rust spots “. Asking me because that’s what I do mainly.  So I began to describe where to look. This went on for 20 minutes before I said “ is it a fastback or a coupe”.  He says fastback.  So I perk up.  And another 20 minutes in I said “ what engine is in it. If any “. And I heard the pause that all of us in the underworld or cars knows. That pause of “ do I trust this guy or not … do I say.  Or not “.   And after that pause he says “ cobra jet “.  And I immediately started trying too squash my excitement 😂.   And hold back questions to a one at a time level.  I asked all the questions and got perfect answers …. This is a 68 R code 428 CJ fastback. White . With a C6 automatic.  430 rear axle gears.  And it’s perfect head to toe.  Even the right tag on the factory Holley carb. And the lady says her husband bought it new after Vietnam.  And she’s holding the yellow Sc title.  Which is how the old ones are from the dealer. I mean this is unobtanium stuff. 

my advice was anything under $50k was a felony.  I’d bet he gets it under 30.  This is the car that was built to legalize that engine for certain nhra drag series.  Because it needed to be a production engine to be legal.  Very few made and it’s been in a basement 3 minutes from my shop the whole time.  I still don’t know where 🤣.  He just said “ it’s close by …3-4 minutes “.  Crazy. Potential half million dollar car.  

For that car,  I would have started going door to door .I would have found the guy, kidnapped him, and then go back and buy the car. You just don't find a car like that!😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

The beer has arrived for our Member-Guest tournament that starts Friday. This is the beer that will be placed on random tee boxes in coolers. There will be 60 teams.

Heck P3P could knock back the blue boxes in the second photo by himself in two rounds. 😆

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

Man, I put down a respectable (in some circles) amount of Yuengling for a couple weeks back in April 😂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, touch said:

The beer has arrived for our Member-Guest tournament that starts Friday. This is the beer that will be placed on random tee boxes in coolers. There will be 60 teams.

Heck P3P could knock back the blue boxes in the second photo by himself in two rounds. 😆

PXL_20230809_122118629.jpg

PXL_20230809_122129469.jpg

Wanna do a over under on how much Bud Light will be left??? Of course from what I have been reading your Bud distributor probably gave it to the event free. But then again like the wedding feast in the Bible once people are drunk they will drink anything especially if it is free. 

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

41 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

For that car,  I would have started going door to door .I would have found the guy, kidnapped him, and then go back and buy the car. You just don't find a car like that!😮

Yep 3 key things--- Original rare and rust free. Yep a Grand Slam there

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

1 hour ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

That is an incredible find. Based on the auctions I've been to 50K is low if it truly is perfect. I'm not a Ford aficionado so I don't know how many were produced. I'm pretty sure there are not a lot of them left, especially in great original condition. I've got four cars and certainly don't need another, but, this one would tempt me if I knew where it was. Your Spidey senses must be slipping. Should have gotten a vibe from it being that close to your house.

I know right !  I would think that I’d hear it calling  to me in the wee hours of the night !!  I might need to go see the doc for some blood work or something!? 😂

• Haha 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, Triple Lindy said:

Very bad situation.  My mom was born and raised in Lahaina, went to Lahainaluna, etc.  Our family spent quite a few summers there, staying at the grandparents house, back when Lahaina had only 1 blinking stop light and the sugar mill was in full production mode.  One of her sisters still lives in that house and the other sisters have been trying to contact her, but there's no landline or cell service.  The house is about one-third up Lahainaluna from Front Street, so we're all hoping for the best.  There was already a close call when I was on Maui with my mom last November, but the fire was much farther up the hill.  Drought conditions were already bad.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 6

Callaway Paradym 10.5* / Autoflex Dumina SF505

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

TM M1 5W 19* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Takomo 201 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 105X

Titleist SM8 50* / New Level SPN VS 56* 60* / PX IO 6.5 "8i Spinner"

Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Snell MTB Black or Prime 4.0

6 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

I’m confused, as usual…

What are you doing with these metal, bamboo, fork things?

Used to remove grips. 

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

3 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

OK. I can’t visualize it, but I don’t have my glasses on.

Never used anything like that. After using a syringe to inject solvent around the inside of the grip from top to bottom, I can twist them off while it’s in the vise.

Definitely probably a better solution, but I don’t have the right vise jaws to hold a club.  If I was going to do this more often, I would probably follow this method.  However it’s basically the same, I putt the rod in top of grip squirt solvent, and repeat until I can twist off.

• Like 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

I just bought a like $30 air compressor from Home Depot and do all my grip installs/removals with air. Use plain ol' masking tape as a base and never had any problem with slippage or anything. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

I have bought a bunch of very good condition used golf equipment online. I have found 2nd swing to have the highest prices and I avoid them because of this. They have big overhead with their advertising and YouTube channels. Global Golf is similar. I choose to instead patronize established sellers on eBay. When I get home I'll look at my account and post the names of the two who I use. I know you were just checking the market TL, but if you are possibly going to purchase a putter in the future I recommend looking at their inventory. I searched for my  Spider and found a seller who had the make offer feature on his auction. I didn't low ball him, I just made a fair offer. Though my putter was shop wear only (almost mint) I knew because it was 10 years old he was more than sick of looking at it. We agreed on $170.00 incl. shipping from the San Fran burbs all the way across country to NC. If you hunt around for a few days on eBay you will find something you want to try for far less than the 2nd Swing price, and most likely in better condition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

1 hour ago, touch said:

PXL_20230809_122118629.jpg

PXL_20230809_122129469.jpg

These photos just illustrate the difference between the guy in the BMW and the guy in the Prius.  And I will say this, people used to make fun of my proclivity for BL when I played hockey and soccer, but the first beer gone was the BL.  The usual caveats, "I don't really drink this but I am (you name the mood)"

The Silver Bullets, BLs, Ultras and Lites will be the first gone even though there are only 48 Heinekens.  Who ever says they like the taste of Heineken is lying, they just want you to think they have that much money to spend on a mass produced beer but still want to be a beer snob.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, imkirby34 said:

Very bad situation.  My mom was born and raised in Lahaina, went to Lahainaluna, etc.  Our family spent quite a few summers there, staying at the grandparents house, back when Lahaina had only 1 blinking stop light and the sugar mill was in full production mode.  One of her sisters still lives in that house and the other sisters have been trying to contact her, but there's no landline or cell service.  The house is about one-third up Lahainaluna from Front Street, so we're all hoping for the best.  There was already a close call when I was on Maui with my mom last November, but the fire was much farther up the hill.  Drought conditions were already bad.

... This song will never sound the same. 😟

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

I buddy of mine owned the Play It Again years ago.  When he would get in a 35" Cameron he would call me and I would go get it.  I have a bullseye, studio select, circa 62, california, TEI, another one but not sure what it is, a Kombi which I bought, a Futura I bought, and the newest member is the PhantomX 11.5.

They are all used and not pristine so they aren't worth much, but I still keep em figuring maybe some day.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, touch said:

When I get home I'll look at my account and post the names of the two who I use.

Please do! You’re right, I wasn’t in the market for a putter. I was in hitting a few drivers and headed over to the putting green. I bought my Odyssey used at a Golf Galaxy a long time ago. I think I paid $35 for it and was expecting to find used putters in the $100 range. Man, I was shocked at the prices. They had a Spider similar to yours for $250.

• Like 1

Hey TS, your girl's kickin it with Rick Shiels!

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Please do! You’re right, I wasn’t in the market for a putter. I was in hitting a few drivers and headed over to the putting green. I bought my Odyssey used at a Golf Galaxy a long time ago. I think I paid $35 for it and was expecting to find used putters in the $100 range. Man, I was shocked at the prices. They had a Spider similar to yours for $250.

I like Global Golf and a place called Mikes Golf Outlet on Ebay. Great places to deal with.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

10 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I mentioned that on Sunday  I had an iron fitting with Titleist, well today I ordered 5-GW.  Wallet will be lighter, but hopefully results from the fitting translate to the course.  

That's all we get? 5-GW?! 

• Haha 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)