The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Yep.  I’ve found that mostly , it also weeds out the ones who complain the most.  Mostly.  You’ll get a few McMansion dwellers that are the exception…. You put them on “ the list “ and never touch anything they own again.  And you tell their friends they’re on the list.  And why.  It builds exclusivity inside their own clique. Nothing they love more than one upping their frenemy. 

If you don’t value yourself. Nobody else will either.  And I said this to an a** recently.  “ if I’m going to work hard in the heat ; I’m going to get paid.  If I’m not going to get paid. I’m not working on your stuff. I’ll work on my own.  Free to your benefit doesn’t work. At least free to my benefit builds equity “. Then I asked him when he’d like to build my barn.  For free ( he’s a builder ).  The stutters that came next were epic. He was simply incensed that I’d suggest he work for me , for free.  Or even cheap.  Then he says “ you’re not trying to earn my business “.  🤣. You're slow hoss -I’ve been dismissing you from it for 20 min now …. Now I didn’t say that I just used the old stand by “ I’m covered up.  Couldn’t do anything else to it  if I wanted to …. When do you want to pick it up “?    This was after he refused to pay for issues found after a car was stripped to metal.  As if I’m going to be on the hook for his cars issues.  Bbye.

Humans.  Weird sorts.  🥸

Fill a spray bottle with Preparation H and keep spraying these hemorrhoids until they disappear.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Speaking of online fashion platforms ... just got the email I been working like hell all year to get.

Your pal aenemated got promoted. Hell yeah. 

Congrats, did you secure the contract for Gary Players line of clothing?  Just kidding, congratulations, that is fantastic.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Years and years ago I worked at a high end hobby store, pretty much structured exactly like professional golf stores with vertical pricing for the retailers like you see in electronics and golf clubs.  We can't put items on sale or we would have lost the ability to sell those higher priced items.  Think Titleist irons, they have a minimum you as a retailer can sell them for brand new.  We would have people come in and test the equipment and then we wouldn't see them again.

...  If a golf store is gonna stock clubs for me to demo, I will do so without guilt. If they wanna turn on their LM and walk away, that's cool too. I will still have no incentive to buy from them if I can find the same item for substantially less elsewhere. However, given a similar price I will always support them. $1399 for some irons I could buy elsewhere for $1359 I will support the B&M store. But someone else selling them for $1299 I am not giving away $100. 

... To me, that is a different scenario from asking to use their LM and excepting their help. I needed some numbers before ordering all my free Cobra gear from another forum and went to the PGA SS and asked them to turn on their LM and told them my situation. I already had free clubs coming and needed to see what kind of driver spin each head produced. The store was empty and the guy was bored, said that was cool and he actually wanted to watch. The Aerojet LS was around 1700-1800 and we both got a kick out of me swinging at 96mph and watching it carry under 200yds because I couldn't keep the ball in the air. Without a word he took the club and put in the Aerojet head and the spin jumped to 2300-2400 and after about 5 swings he says "give me that" and then puts in the Aerojet Max and bingo, we were at 2600-2700 and he asked if I wanted to try different shafts than the tock Kai'Li Blue and I said thanks, but I can only order the stock shaft. 

... Now the interesting part is he thanked me for both entertaining him and solidifying that the Aerojet heads were pretty radically different for spin with a repeatable wing and it would help his fittings in the future. He admittedly sucked at golf and was dealing with some arthritis so had never even hit them. So few people even look at Cobra clubs so this actually helped him. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

aen be all

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

🤣 🍻 

So long Mel - have a good trip! 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

...  If a golf store is gonna stock clubs for me to demo, I will do so without guilt. If they wanna turn on their LM and walk away, that's cool too. I will still have no incentive to buy from them if I can find the same item for substantially less elsewhere. However, given a similar price I will always support them. $1399 for some irons I could buy elsewhere for $1359 I will support the B&M store. But someone else selling them for $1299 I am not giving away $100. 

... To me, that is a different scenario from asking to use their LM and excepting their help. I needed some numbers before ordering all my free Cobra gear from another forum and went to the PGA SS and asked them to turn on their LM and told them my situation. I already had free clubs coming and needed to see what kind of driver spin each head produced. The store was empty and the guy was bored, said that was cool and he actually wanted to watch. The Aerojet LS was around 1700-1800 and we both got a kick out of me swinging at 96mph and watching it carry under 200yds because I couldn't keep the ball in the air. Without a word he took the club and put in the Aerojet head and the spin jumped to 2300-2400 and after about 5 swings he says "give me that" and then puts in the Aerojet Max and bingo, we were at 2600-2700 and he asked if I wanted to try different shafts than the tock Kai'Li Blue and I said thanks, but I can only order the stock shaft. 

... Now the interesting part is he thanked me for both entertaining him and solidifying that the Aerojet heads were pretty radically different for spin with a repeatable wing and it would help his fittings in the future. He admittedly sucked at golf and was dealing with some arthritis so had never even hit them. So few people even look at Cobra clubs so this actually helped him. 

I would disagree with this and your example is good for what it is, but let's say a store has $70,000 in inventory, then factor in the fixed costs to present you a place to come and compare, and then factor in it isn't a Dick's sporting goods or equivalent, but a specialty shop.  One of the reasons it is so difficult to find those types of places anymore is because of the folks who don't know what they want, use the store and then order from somewhere else.

There should be no difference in price for the same product because the manufacturer dictates the price permitted.  They do this to protect that small retailer who can't get the beneficial terms because they aren't buying $50,000 of merchandise at a time.  I buy Kirkland gloves, I could go to my retailer and buy a $24 FJ glove, but I can get 4 for $18, but I never have to go into the shop and try them on or compare them side by side to see which one I want.  I do it because I don't really value gloves and I see them as a commodity as a golfer, but it is an example of me choosing a less expensive product but I never bother my retailer.

I would think of it more like this.  You go to the fitter, not a PGA SS because that is a retail chain and the general customer care would be presumably less for an individual, and they go through all the machinations to find you that driver and you ask if he/she will write down the information.  Then you go online and find that club from another retailer, that isn't fair to the person who gave you the fitting with the expectation the $300 extra dollars (the margins on clubs is about 30% not 50% like apparel) to get a paycheck, pay for the lights, and/or the LM, etc.  I just don't think it is a fair way of consuming or doing business.  And I can't change the world, but it's already tough enough to be a B&M store in today's climate that I am committed to helping those who helped me make a decision.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

would disagree with this and your example is good for what it is, but let's say a store has $70,000 in inventory, then factor in the fixed costs to present you a place to come and compare, and then factor in it isn't a Dick's sporting goods or equivalent, but a specialty shop.

... Preaching' to the choir and I wish they were still around! I frequented and bought exclusively from 2 independent golf stores in the Chicago burbs. I bought all my supplies and components from Golfsmith. I will always support independent small businesses. So I should have been more accurate because we only have PGA SS and GG around here. There are a few other chains but farther away and basically the same. They have squeezed out the independent stores. 

... And even just dealing with the SS and GG, I realize if I don't buy from them, one day I won't have a store to look at any new clubs. Can't set them down and see how they sit at address or their relative size along with other attributes. So I do support them. I just pre ordered a MG4 with the new C Grind from GG Sunday. I did have an opportunity to buy a brand new Stealth2 HD with a Ventus Red Velo shaft that retailed for $900 from someone on Ebay that "won one but doesn't play golf" that may or may not have been a sales tactic but I put in a bid for $579 when it sells with the stock shaft for $599 and never expected to win, but somehow it did. The guy that "didn't play golf" was upset it wasn't a higher winning bid LOL. All the other clubs in my bag the last 4 years that I didn't receive free for reviews have come from GG or the SS, other than a 46* MG3 wedge that wasn't available in stores. 

• Like 4

On this discussion ... a great example is my beloved 2112 Percussion in Raleigh, NC. 

That shop holds an incredibly special place in my little black heart. Bought my very first drum kit there. And I didn't know the first damn thing about drums but one of the guys working that day went above and beyond to help out this dumb 16 y/o. Gave me advice I still use to this day and pass one when folks ask me about their kid wanting to play. The way the founder - who we sadly lost to cancer several years back - set the shop up is it wasn't just a STORE but a community. There were literally bar stools at the counter where the register lived. 

So I just started hanging out. Got to be friends with everyone there and met some incredible folks. Started taking lessons from one of the teachers there - a fella who's still one of my best friends. Hell, MOST of the guys are. When my dad passed away, every single person from that shop came to his funeral. When I moved west, I didn't even bring my drums. When I got into the Double Down scene early on and wanted to play again; I had no idea how to get a drumkit from NC to NV. Called up the shop and was like "Dudes, can someone help this happen?"

My buddy Tony - who's run the shop for years now after Steve passed - was like "I got ya, dude." He drove from Raleigh to Lillington, met up with mom to get to my kit, boxed it up and shipped it out. "Just cover the shipping costs." 

There used to be a bunch of cool little music shops in Raleigh. Guitar Center and Sam Ash moved in and pretty much shut all of them down. Except 2112.

I'll always prefer a local shop. Bummer there aren't more left. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Right there with you and I am going to add to capitalism run amok that was once about providing a quality item/service while giving the middle class an opportunity to make a good living. Now it is about CEO's, board members and stock holders over employees and products. If you can cut a corner and save on costs while charging the same price it's viewed as a win! Costco is a throwback to that era and it is no surprise to see employees happy and always willing to help with a smile. They don't hate their job that pays them less than they are worth with bosses equally unhappy in a toxic work environment. 

... But thankfully Artisans like Mr Green can and should charge whatever they want because they are producing a superior product that is worth whatever you can afford to pay. There is no such thing as "too expensive", just too expensive for you. Thankfully I am at a point in my life that I don't have to bargin shop, although I still do with some products 😜 but I will not hesitate to pay an Artisan whatever they are charging if I need their service. I will be doing some landscaping in the next few months and will not be doing any comparison shopping, I will be using who I think will do the best job and provide superior service. My handyman is gonna install a new shower door and replace my 2 toilets and I don't ask what he is gonna charge, I just pay it when he has completed the project because he does great work and while I know he is higher than most he is fair and worth every penny.  

*Edit. Posted earlier but I made the mistake of buying the Emotiva 5 channel amp for $1700 because it had good reviews and seemed "good enough". Problem is and I should have known better because I know I demand excellence from my sound system and "good enough" has never been a criteria for me. So now I am spending an additional $2800 for the D-Sonic 5 channel amp I am sure has the quality I am looking for. Maybe I can sell the Emotiva for half the price I paid. I also have no doubt the $7000 Legacy 5 channel amp that is too expensive for me would be an improvement but again not anywhere near twice the price improvement. Yet if my yearly income were $1,000,000 I would not hesitate to buy the Legacy. It is a cliche' for a reason because you always get what you pay for. 

When I originally read that I was thinking, chi’s picky butt ain’t gonna be happy w/that $1,700 unit! The man’s a flippin’ music connoisseur! But I kept my mouth shut 🤐 😇 

When it comes to substantial purchases (Esp if it’s something I’m passionate about) I never skimp. I know I’ll end up regretting it. 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, TiScape said:

When I originally read that I was thinking, chi’s picky butt ain’t gonna be happy w/that $1,700 unit! The man’s a flippin’ music connoisseur! But I kept my mouth shut 🤐 😇 

... Haha where were you in 2020 when I ordered it! The audiophile industry has changed so much. Like our discussion of independent stores, many high end OEM's made one thing and were very good at it. It was their company. Vandersteen, Thiel, Hales were the names of the speakers because that was the name of their designer. Any of those guys still left sell speakers for $15,000. Now they make mid priced that used to be high end, for the digital customer that wants convenience. Reading the absolute glowing reviews for the Emotiva 5 channel amp that I was more interested in for film than music, I still should have remembered you get what you pay for. It's a decent amp for film because you don't listen at a high lever constantly, there are obviously peaks and valley's so no wonder it got such solid reviews. But it was more like comparing the Accord to the Sonata, not an Audi A8 to a BMW 7 Series. 

... But once I started listening to more music, the deficiencies were pretty apparent. It sounded perfectly acceptable in my apartment with shared walls on both sides so never anything above a mid volume. But once I moved into my home and was able to play at higher volumes it was only a matter of time. Then when I went down the review rabbit hole for more expensive 5 channel amps, every now and then I would read something like "I had an Emotiva and was happy with it, but after hearing X Amp I couldn't go back to listening to my Emotiva because in comparison it was shrill sounding". 

... When I talked to the owner at D-Sonic he was surprised I bought an Emotiva to go with my other components. He went on to say he is of course partial to his amp when compared to similar priced and others more expensive amps and thinks his sound better, but there really is no comparison to the Emotiva and I would find it a completely different experience. I was pleased to hear it would sound much better with music but he said I will be shocked how much better it sounds with film.

... It was shipped today and arrives Friday so after a few days of breaking it in and listening, I'll let you guys know if the owner is right or full of 💩.   

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

There’s a never ending supply unfortunately.  And it’s getting worse.  I used to joke 10 years ago that I fought people wanting to pay 1955 prices….., now I am serious when I say.  I fight people wanting to pay 2016 prices.    Each quarter is worse.  And with every mom and pop supplier that’s killed , the big boys gain profit Margin.   And service goes down down down.  

And I’m a student of my market.  I’m seeing a trend that’s 07-08s mirror.  . My used and rare parts business has gone down to nearly nothing.  Only thing selling is whole drivable cars .  Why ?  Instant gratification.  They’re spending for short term only.  As if the ship is going under and they want one last ride. And any projects all seem to carry some sort of rushed deadline.   This is a 45 billion dollar market annually. I’ve seen many peaks and valleys.  08 was different ….bad. . I hope this reverses soon.  Sounds dumb. But toys of all kinds are very much the canary in the coal mine …. When the average guys stop buying/building  toys.  I pay attention.  

I’m not sure if there’s a direct correlation to your business, but I recall a documentary on the rare book business

Really fascinating, I’m sure we are recall how many bookstores there used to be before the event of the huge book retailers and then of course e-readers

And back for decades, physical books with any degree of unique qualities, out of print, small runs, etc. became even more rare because they would just disappear until someone tracked them down, stored them, and made them visible in some type of market, store, or book show. 

You had literally thousands of independent book dealers and traders, making a good living just going to book shops book shows, small auctions, estate ales, buying inventory and trading it. 

And then the Internet happened 😱

And really nothing was hard to find anymore , because in order to find anything all you needed to do, was type of few words into the computer

Prices for rare and unique books, absolutely plummeted, except for the most rare items, and many thousands of bookstores closed downs 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I’m not sure if there’s a direct correlation to your business, but I recall a documentary on the rare book business

Really fascinating, I’m sure we are recall how many bookstores there used to be before the event of the huge book retailers and then of course e-readers

And back for decades, physical books with any degree of unique qualities, out of print, small runs, etc. became even more rare because they would just disappear until someone tracked them down, stored them, and made them visible in some type of market, store, or book show. 

You had literally thousands of independent book dealers and traders, making a good living just going to book shops book shows, small auctions, estate ales, buying inventory and trading it. 

And really nothing was hard to find anymore , because in order to find anything all you needed to do, was type of few words into the computer

Prices for rare and unique books, absolutely plummeted, except for the most rare items, and many thousands of bookstores closed downs 

Here is to hoping Rebecca isn’t negatively affected! 

IMG_4305.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Are you saying people that type things like this aren't interested in rare and classic books?

"The traffic's delayed me, IDK what time I'll get there! I've got to run, TTYL. I've just left, OMW now! I can't believe you just said that, SMH."

This was a gift from my Ex. Not a First Edition of course but a 35th Anniversary Edition signed by Harper Lee in person:

Mockingbird Haper Lee.JPG

I make a joke. Chi drops this!

Pretty much sums things here up!! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I absolutely get what you’re saying.  The bicycle and album collectors were effected the same. 

and for some part car parts too with the more common stuff. But the truly hard to find things actually went up.  Because you could then name your price in anonymity. The rare parts I speak of are usually 1 in less than 1500 made type things.  Or maybe 1 in 300 or so on earth.   Or the other side is condition.  Maybe you have something that’s moderately hard to find , but it was pullled and stored inside 50 years ago and you find it as new as possible.  And then there’s date codes.  Each part is coded with a production date.  And real collectors restoring  for points shows want date codes that coincide with their cars build date. .   Once I had a 70 model boss 302 engine that came from a Charlotte sale off of bud moores left over stuff.  This engine had no Vin designation and carried a date code that was after 1970 production for the cars themselves. Meaning it was an over the counter replacement.  This means it can be used in any 70 boss 302 and be points correct as a replacement block.  This makes it way more valuable.    I listed it for sale and had 3 guys fighting  over it inside of .  An hour.  The internet did that.  In the old days you’d go to a swap meet and get lucky if one guy told another guy who might call you in a month or two.  But you could sell things like wheels and tires or used transmissions all day long at the swap meet.  

I have a Shelby hood right now that I know for a fact is the only one in existence.  But it belongs to the car that’s here. It was put on by the dealer after damage diring transport from AO smith planet ( where 68 Shelby’s were produced ) and the dealer in New Jersey.  It’s a KR 500 hood by the underneath air ducting for ram air. But. It doesn’t have the twist lock hood pin holes.  I have paperwork that proves this happened then . Both from dealer and the invoice for the hood from AO smith.   Apparently they drilled the holes after it’s put  on the car for perfect alignment….. so this maybe the only “ blank “ one on earth.  I know a guy with a KR 500 that wants to buy it. But he hasn’t found me a good to replace it. Or offered enough cash. He said to me “ you have the only one on earth ….. I’ve looked for 10 years and haven’t seen a hood  at any price “.  

anyways I get what you mean.  It’s crazy how these little cottage industry’s work.  I’ll tell you one right now. 5.0 mustangs. I wish to heaven I had bought 500 of those cars in any condition 15 years ago. Even the 4 cylinder coupes.    They’re up  right now about 300 % and climbing.  I own two very original 89 5.0s .  But I don’t want to sell either as I know if I do I’ll never afford another.  Anyway.  Time to eat something.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

48 minutes ago, chisag said:

But it was more like comparing the Accord to the Sonata, not an Audi A8 to a BMW 7 Series. 

I traded my Mercedes for a Sonata. Much better car.

I know a Euro guy who raves about his Audi’s. He’s had 7 of them and he’s not even 45 years old, He just forked over $5 grand to fix his current one.

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

There’s a never ending supply unfortunately.  And it’s getting worse.  I used to joke 10 years ago that I fought people wanting to pay 1955 prices….., now I am serious when I say.  I fight people wanting to pay 2016 prices.    Each quarter is worse.  And with every mom and pop supplier that’s killed , the big boys gain profit Margin.   And service goes down down down.  

And I’m a student of my market.  I’m seeing a trend that’s 07-08s mirror.  . My used and rare parts business has gone down to nearly nothing.  Only thing selling is whole drivable cars .  Why ?  Instant gratification.  They’re spending for short term only.  As if the ship is going under and they want one last ride. And any projects all seem to carry some sort of rushed deadline.   This is a 45 billion dollar market annually. I’ve seen many peaks and valleys.  08 was different ….bad. . I hope this reverses soon.  Sounds dumb. But toys of all kinds are very much the canary in the coal mine …. When the average guys stop buying/building  toys.  I pay attention.  

I feel fortunate to be retired and able to decide whether to stay at home, or venture out into the sea a-holes that seem to be everywhere. When I do go out it usually doesn't take long to realize I made a mistake, and wish I'd stayed at the house. You're correct about instant gratification being the order of the day.

You and people like you are becoming a dying breed. I always loved working on cars, building powerful engines, and drag racing. Age and poor up close eye sight put the damper on the fun part of building quite a long time ago. I have to live vicariously through people like yourself that have the ability and passion for the craft. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I absolutely get what you’re saying.  The bicycle and album collectors were effected the same. 

and for some part car parts too with the more common stuff. But the truly hard to find things actually went up.  Because you could then name your price in anonymity. The rare parts I speak of are usually 1 in less than 1500 made type things.  Or maybe 1 in 300 or so on earth.   Or the other side is condition.  Maybe you have something that’s moderately hard to find , but it was pullled and stored inside 50 years ago and you find it as new as possible.  And then there’s date codes.  Each part is coded with a production date.  And real collectors restoring  for points shows want date codes that coincide with their cars build date. .   Once I had a 70 model boss 302 engine that came from a Charlotte sale off of bud moores left over stuff.  This engine had no Vin designation and carried a date code that was after 1970 production for the cars themselves. Meaning it was an over the counter replacement.  This means it can be used in any 70 boss 302 and be points correct as a replacement block.  This makes it way more valuable.    I listed it for sale and had 3 guys fighting  over it inside of .  An hour.  The internet did that.  In the old days you’d go to a swap meet and get lucky if one guy told another guy who might call you in a month or two.  But you could sell things like wheels and tires or used transmissions all day long at the swap meet.  

I have a Shelby hood right now that I know for a fact is the only one in existence.  But it belongs to the car that’s here. It was put on by the dealer after damage diring transport from AO smith planet ( where 68 Shelby’s were produced ) and the dealer in New Jersey.  It’s a KR 500 hood by the underneath air ducting for ram air. But. It doesn’t have the twist lock hood pin holes.  I have paperwork that proves this happened then . Both from dealer and the invoice for the hood from AO smith.   Apparently they drilled the holes after it’s put  on the car for perfect alignment….. so this maybe the only “ blank “ one on earth.  I know a guy with a KR 500 that wants to buy it. But he hasn’t found me a good to replace it. Or offered enough cash. He said to me “ you have the only one on earth ….. I’ve looked for 10 years and haven’t seen a hood  at any price “.  

anyways I get what you mean.  It’s crazy how these little cottage industry’s work.  I’ll tell you one right now. 5.0 mustangs. I wish to heaven I had bought 500 of those cars in any condition 15 years ago. Even the 4 cylinder coupes.    They’re up  right now about 300 % and climbing.  I own two very original 89 5.0s .  But I don’t want to sell either as I know if I do I’ll never afford another.  Anyway.  Time to eat something.  

I think it’s great that you’re a dedicated Mustang guy, and I’m sure you’re dedicated to doing things right.

Kudos to people doing things right. At the end of our lives, all we have is our integrity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

11 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

I traded my Mercedes for a Sonata. Much better car.

... Crazy true as my E320 might be the worst car I ever owned. Our Sonata was crazy reliable and after I bought the ex a Genesis Coupe, our son took the Sonata and had it all through college. He now drives my original Genesis Sedan. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Crazy true as my E320 might be the worst car I ever owned. Our Sonata was crazy reliable and after I bought the ex a Genesis Coupe, our son took the Sonata and had it all through college. He now drives my original Genesis Sedan. 

I had two E320's and had very few problems.  Though the serpentine belt breaking on a road trip down the Oregon/California coast was no fun.  But it did give my young son and I a one day layover with more time to explore seafood restaurants.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Guess I shouldn't have sold my 91 Mustang GT convertible.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)