2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Did I get scammed?

sdot

geez. I'd go to PP with these messages and ask for them to cancel. I hope Wrx bans this guy once you get a resolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

17 minutes ago, sdot said:

Yea I think you’re right.  Something tells me it’s not going to go smooth getting a refund 🤞.  I just offered him if he ships clubs today once I am in possession of clubs I will 100% send him $25.  We shall see 

Are you serious? Why are you giving in to his coercive tactics? Now this guy will think this is the appropriate (and successful) way to conduct a deal on the BST. 

Post his username. Tell him to ship as agreed or cancel the deal. Post feedback so others know how he operates. 

Come on, OP! You know the right course. Don't stray from it out of desperation. 

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, sdot said:

Yea I think you’re right.  Something tells me it’s not going to go smooth getting a refund 🤞.  I just offered him if he ships clubs today once I am in possession of clubs I will 100% send him $25.  We shall see 

Why on earth would you not just get your money back when you have the opportunity?

Did you even see pictures of these clubs?

• Like 1

He is just trying to get more money from you.  Hopefully that is not the case.  Take the refund!!!

Ping G430 LST 10.5* - Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 6X

Ping G430 Max 15* - Tour AD TSG Blue 75X

Ping G430 Max 21* - Tour AD TSG Silver 75X

Ping G425 Max 23.5* - Attas T2 8X

Taylormade 790Ti 6 - Dart V 105X

Srixon ZX7 6-9 - Modus 115X

Titleist SM9 46F - Modus 125X

Titleist SM9 50F, 55S & 60T - X7 "Spinners"

L.A.B. Link.1 - TPT - XL Tour 2.0 

Srixon Z-Star 💎

27 minutes ago, sdot said:

dude. cut and run. get your money back now. 

and please post his username in this thread. 

Edited by ChipStrokes
  • Like 4

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

Shipping tactic is an age old scam after the initial scam...next he will have shipped to the wrong address and need more shipping money etc. etc. If you want me to help track this guy down shoot me $20 PP FF and I will see what I can do...in all seriousness, take all recourse you can getting your money back ASAP. You also have his cell number, I would start by calling him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, endy said:

I would start by calling him. 

not a bad approach. 

i got my money back from a craigslist scammer once by looking up his phone number, which led me to his parents’ phone numbers, and after a 5 minute phone call with his father, i had money back in my paypal account. 

that was the last time i ever paid friends and family. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

45 minutes ago, sdot said:

I can’t believe I’m going to ask this here.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Should I split the cost but not use F&F.  Use goods & services this time?   Prob should just ask for refund huh?

NO! At this point I'm starting to think you're trolling us

• Like 4

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

19 minutes ago, Olde Maroon said:

Are you serious? Why are you giving in to his coercive tactics? Now this guy will think this is the appropriate (and successful) way to conduct a deal on the BST. 

Post his username. Tell him to ship as agreed or cancel the deal. Post feedback so others know how he operates. 

Come on, OP! You know the right course. Don't stray from it out of desperation. 

I think the OP is trolling us at this point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sdot said:

Sure are some cynical people on here. I’m glad I don’t see life through the lens you do.   Take care fellas 

I would’t ask for help next time. Remember , you opened this and payed f&f asking what to do. Looks like you might get lucky with your bonehead mistake, so please close this waste of everyone’s time. 

Edited by golffeen007
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, endy said:

Please post updates and the person's username. I wish it weren't the case for you but he is 100% not refunding you on his own accord. You will need to take action. 

I expect we won't get the sellers name. I wouldn't be surprised if there were "technical issues" getting that refund.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

I would’t ask for help next time. Remember , you opened this and payed f&f asking what to do. Looks like you might get lucky with your bonehead mistake, so please close this waste of everyone’s time. 

Geez.  Wow, I made a mistake came to a message board asking for help.  My bad.  I guess you are perfect and never will need to ask for help.  Thanks again to all the helpful responses 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, Olde Maroon said:

YOU started this by asking what to do. YOU expressed concern that you were scammed after a day of silence. YOU brought this drama to the forums, and now you are calling us cynical!? 

You had an unknown buyer try to squeeze you for $50. You tried to give in to his tactics. And yet somehow the multitude of reasonable responses are cynical!? 

Please don't post asking for help again. I can't believe you chose to ignore it all while insulting the people trying to help. I'm actually stunned by your response to this situation. 

To be CLEAR  what I’m calling cynical are ONLY to the ones saying I’m trolling.  How hard is that to understand?   Jesus some people are just….  I’ve thanked every person who was actually helpful and not calling me a troll.  I REALLY only posted my situation as it may help someone else down the line learn from my mistake.  Have a nice day 

13 minutes ago, sdot said:

To be CLEAR  what I’m calling cynical are ONLY to the ones saying I’m trolling.  How hard is that to understand?   Jesus some people are just….  I’ve thanked every person who was actually helpful and not calling me a troll.  I REALLY only posted my situation as it may help someone else down the line learn from my mistake.  Have a nice day 

Since I'm probably the only one who said they thought you might be trolling us, I will feely accept being a cynic in this case given your responses to mine and everyone else's reasonable suggestions which you were more than willing to ignore and send the guy MORE money after even you came to believe you were scammed.