2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Spider Tour X Proto

R5Two

On 11/14/2023 at 10:23 AM, coreyhr said:

I'm talking strictly about the retail price.  You never once mentioned secondary market prices when you were referring to the Proto. So no, $420 versus $500 isn't an abundance of savings. Of course $420 is is much cheaper than $800. But if somebody pays that much for one of these, they're really dumb or they have lots of disposable income and have their heart set on a milled version. Those folks have no interest in a cheaper version with an insert anyway. But those were kneejerk prices that we always see on releases like this anyway. It's not like these were some rare Scotty release that sold out in seconds. They were available for an entire day. There are many of these being listed now at $700 that aren't selling, and will not sell at that price. There's one right now on eBay for $550. So get out of here with that $800 nonsense. 

UPDATE: There's one on the BST right now that's been up for 12 hours for $525. So no, nobody is being required to pay $800 for these.

This comment didn’t age too well! lol. Going for $1k+ on eBay now. 

12 hours ago, toastinato said:

This comment didn’t age too well! lol. Going for $1k+ on eBay now. 

I'd say it aged very well. They're literally available right now on the Taylormade website for $500 (and have been available for 3 or 4 days straight now). Once again, if you pay those kind of prices on eBay, you're either lazy or you have more money than sense.

You having trouble letting this one go? 

Edited by coreyhr
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

2 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I'd say it aged very well. They're literally available right now on the Taylormade website for $500 (and have been available for 3 or 4 days straight now). Once again, if you pay those kind of prices on eBay, you're either lazy or you have more money than sense.

You having trouble letting this one go? 

Not at all my friend! I was in the market for one and noticed prices shot up. Was going through this thread and saw our conversation! Crazy prices. People are wild. Out of stock on TM and $1k+ is bonkers🤯 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, toastinato said:

Not at all my friend! I was in the market for one and noticed prices shot up. Was going through this thread and saw our conversation! Crazy prices. People are wild. Out of stock on TM and $1k+ is bonkers🤯 

Delete. Moving on from discussing eBay pricing on these. 

Edited by coreyhr
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, coreyhr said:

I bought one for $400 on 2/9/24. So Scotty later puts one in the bag (not even the same model), wins, and price go up. Congrats on being a sheep, I guess? They were selling for months under retail after he went back to a blade. I'm going to do us both a favor and add you to my ignore list. Best of luck in your search. 

Strange lol was just bringing up convo on seeing prices shoot up again since I wanted one again. Whatever makes you feel good man. No reason to get so bothered by me mentioning prices shooting up. Thanks for the conversation. 

Edited by toastinato

22 minutes ago, toastinato said:

Strange lol was just bringing up convo on seeing prices shoot up again since I wanted one again. Whatever makes you feel good man. No reason to get so bothered by me mentioning prices shooting up. Thanks for the conversation. 

It's my bad. Having a bad morning and reacted poorly. The "aging poorly" comment just felt like you were trying to bring it up again solely to try and prove me wrong or something. Sorry I misinterpreted and reacted emotionally. Hope you find one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

It's my bad. Having a bad morning and reacted poorly. The "aging poorly" comment just felt like you were trying to bring it up again solely to try and prove me wrong or something. Sorry I misinterpreted and reacted emotionally. Hope you find one.

My apologies as well. Not my first time my comment came across as sassy. This wasn’t one of them lol I hope all is well with your day. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 3:13 PM, LeftyCanuck11 said:

I’ve given up on the spider!  After seeing numerous photos of spider paint chips.  That was a major turnoff.  To spend that kind of money and have it chip wasn’t worth it.  I went the Odyssey route.  

Taylormade should've been ashamed to put products on the market that chipped so easily (and especially for those golfers that for some reason don't use headcovers to protect them). That said, and that has been repeated often, the chipping issue really went away with Spider X in around 2019, and is complete history with the 'Hydro Blast' versions and the new highly durable PVD treatment...

So, we're talking 5 years removed now, yet they will still be dogged by comments like this because they allowed products in the marketplace in the previous 10 years that could not stand up to regular useage, so I guess it's on them when all is said and done.

But I emphasize this once and for all, they have solved this issue. 

(PS: Wouldn't it be cool if they offerred a substantive trade-in allowance for all used and battered Spiders to move in to new ones? Kind of getting in front of this, when they've been so behind on it if that makes any sense LOL!)

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

21 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I was told the reason these come in and out of stock is because of people returning them.  Once they return them to TM, they become available to purchase again on their site.  Who knows if that is accurate or not🤷

BS.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

39 minutes ago, Bhughes1335 said:

TM site has switched almost all the photos of the Tour X Proto over to slant neck model.  Also say Micah Morris (TM staffer) post pictures of a slant neck one on Instagram yesterday. Thinking this means a slant neck version is dropping soon, anyone hear anything out in the ether?!?

Screenshot2024-04-03at10_55_07AM.png.9f5c6fedef926bf7b982004594531c6d.pngScreenshot2024-04-03at10_55_15AM.png.63b9677b16a28b1d7a78ae9a5c322c47.pngScreenshot2024-04-03at10_55_20AM.png.4821d4b213b1220080ddf9c2a2c7d443.png

Maybe they had already put these on the market and people had just returned them cuz they're crap... 🙄

Seriously, some of the dumb comments on this forum.

These look AWESOME by the way!!

3 minutes ago, tarrantian said:

Maybe they had already put these on the market and people had just returned them cuz they're crap... 🙄

Seriously, some of the dumb comments on this forum.

These look AWESOME by the way!!

Yeah I'm excited about the slant neck. Been gaming a red spider tour with slant neck for years and due for an upgrade!

• Like 1

Me too, lol.  In the L Neck.  I'm not going to lie, the word "Proto" contributed to pulling the trigger.  I rolled the Tour X and really liked it but I didn't like the double bend or the slant neck.  So this happens to pop up and at the same time Grant Horvat has it in his last video.  They got me, but I'm still excited to roll this thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robb_chase13 said:

Me too, lol.  In the L Neck.  I'm not going to lie, the word "Proto" contributed to pulling the trigger.  I rolled the Tour X and really liked it but I didn't like the double bend or the slant neck.  So this happens to pop up and at the same time Grant Horvat has it in his last video.  They got me, but I'm still excited to roll this thing.

You’ll love it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robb_chase13 said:

Grant had the milled version in his bag?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robb_chase13 said:

Yup, here's the video:  skip to 7:13

Nice!! Hadn’t seen than one yet. Putter sounds clicky/firm. Curious to see what it feels like in hand. I play the TP5X. Don’t mind a firmer feel with the putter. Currently playing the Tour X with the insert. Feels pretty good, but not very lively. Great roll, but pretty muted compared to my milled blade. 

On 4/3/2024 at 12:41 PM, Bhughes1335 said:

Yeah I'm excited about the slant neck. Been gaming a red spider tour with slant neck for years and due for an upgrade!

Love the look of the slant neck. Very sleek. It appears the milled model has quite a bit more toe hang with the slant neck, though. 46 degree, I think. Should feel more similar to a blade but with added stability. I hope so!

On 3/28/2024 at 1:13 PM, LeftyCanuck11 said:

I’ve given up on the spider!  After seeing numerous photos of spider paint chips.  That was a major turnoff.  To spend that kind of money and have it chip wasn’t worth it.  I went the Odyssey route.  

TM hasn't painted their putters in probably 3 years once they released the "hydroblast" finish. They're PVD now, both retail and the "MySpider" options. Also, I have no idea what those clowns were doing to their putters. I had the Copper Spider X for 4 years, and it was probably 2 years before I got my first chip, and by the time I sold it, it maybe had 4 total, all in places invisible at address. They must have been not using a head cover in the bag, or carrying it to/from the green in the same hand as their wedges letting the heads clank together. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cooper408 said:

TM hasn't painted their putters in probably 3 years once they released the "hydroblast" finish. They're PVD now, both retail and the "MySpider" options. Also, I have no idea what those clowns were doing to their putters. I had the Copper Spider X for 4 years, and it was probably 2 years before I got my first chip, and by the time I sold it, it maybe had 4 total, all in places invisible at address. They must have been not using a head cover in the bag, or carrying it to/from the green in the same hand as their wedges letting the heads clank together. 

i cringe just thinking about this...like nails on a chalkboard.  i die a little inside when i see a post in the classifieds where they have the clubs sitting on their concrete driveway.  anyway, never liked the look of the spider putters, but for some reason this milled face slant neck got me and i pulled the trigger today.  we'll see 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dkoeller88 said:

i cringe just thinking about this...like nails on a chalkboard.  i die a little inside when i see a post in the classifieds where they have the clubs sitting on their concrete driveway.  anyway, never liked the look of the spider putters, but for some reason this milled face slant neck got me and i pulled the trigger today.  we'll see 

Same here! Excited to get it. Says backordered until 4/20.