2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Maltby KE4 TC Pro Driver

03trdblack

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

Here are some comparison pictures with some various other drivers. 

Cobra Aerojet LS vs. Maltby 

20231228_192716.jpg.11b160e4c7b52cb3764968f724ffcbe8.jpg20231228_192648.jpg.ee23f56326cfd43fbc3a94bcfc61b19b.jpg

Srixon Zx5 MKII LS vs. Maltby 

20231228_192557.jpg.9586055c08a73ca3c056daa16f6d79e4.jpg20231228_192528.jpg.7c609af80d174e357c82c3c089e52176.jpg

Titleist TSR3 vs. Maltby 

20231228_192227.jpg.514a050bca580e794a919f44236f2235.jpg20231228_192046.jpg.b100dafd09e7092e4e848c59cf080d29.jpg

It's so hard to differentiate based of pics but the top line of the Maltby looks straight vs. rounded like all of the others, otherwise re: the total size I am not able to see much difference. 

When I look at the face length stats on the Maltby site it is an inch less than the TC and TC Max......that is significant IMO.  Can you comment on the heel to toe length vs. the other offerings?

Edited by ode
  • Like 1

Just received my TC Pro today.  Head looks great in person!  Nice and compact shape.  Hopefully will get to test it out tomorrow on the sim.  Epoxy is currently drying.

On a side note, Maltby has the slickest shaft adapter I've ever seen.  Has a really neat 2 piece design, one small sleeve that rotates around the main adapter.  Lets you keep the shaft oriented in the same position regardless of the setting, similar to Callaway, but in a much more compact package.

• Like 3

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

29 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

Got some time to test this thing out today (screenshots below).  Very impressed with what I was seeing.  The feel is like no other driver I’ve ever hit before.  The only way I can explain it is very dense but powerful, think forged muscleback iron.  Ball flight was very flat/penetrating.  Spin was very consistent in the low 2000’s.  Spin spiked up on extremely low strikes but ball speed stayed pretty consistent across the face.  Ball flight was straight or a tight draw as long as I did my part.  Trajectory was very consistent.  Dispersion was really tight, especially if you take out the one I pulled left.

The sim range was setup with a 40yrd wide fairway, hit 9 of 10 and the one miss left was just barely off.  

IMG_0351.png.b2eae5f8f55de5c18e7f60ecf838cc6c.png

IMG_0352.png.42d0eea175995f3f684d686c1964131c.png

Great numbers and info. Interesting about what you’re feeling at impact. Definitely looking at picking one up next year! 

Edited by Colej

On 12/28/2023 at 3:05 PM, mustang said:

We need to hear more on this head?   Someone send it to the guy reviewing irons!!

I might just be arranging such a scenario. 😁

I've got some TS1-IM's headed his way from Golfworks that he'll then be sending back to me. I'm gonna see what he thinks about testing the new driver and I can do the same. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AZstu324 said:

I might just be arranging such a scenario. 😁

I've got some TS1-IM's headed his way from Golfworks that he'll then be sending back to me. I'm gonna see what he thinks about testing the new driver and I can do the same. 

He name-dropped you in his leaked photo's vid Stu 😏

TS4 8.5* - RogueElite65-X

913F 15* - RogueBlack80-S

913HD 20* - GS95-S

FGTour 4-9 - Rifle5.5

Cleveland 50,56* - TTDG-W

Slotline ss385

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, I posted the same question in the other forum and figured I'd post the same one here. After playing the driver for as long as some of you have had it, are there any new updates on anything? I'm really leaning towards pulling the trigger on this and just need some extra encouragement. I'm anticipating ordering this for myself and eventually sending this driver along with my own TS4 irons out to Gabe to do a combo review. Gabe's schedule is pretty busy for the next month or so, so I figured instead of waiting for him, I'll order it for myself and sent it when he's open. 

Currently I'm playing the PXG Gen 6 XF, previously played the Cobra Aerojet LS, Callaway Paradym TD, PXG Gen 5 Standard,  and was considering the Titleist TSR3 or Ping G430 LST (yes I'm a driver ho). I'm really curious how this head stacks up to the other LS models and what your experiences are after more than a few rounds. I plan to build it with some variation of Otto Phlex shaft. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AZstu324 said:

Hey folks, I posted the same question in the other forum and figured I'd post the same one here. After playing the driver for as long as some of you have had it, are there any new updates on anything? I'm really leaning towards pulling the trigger on this and just need some extra encouragement. I'm anticipating ordering this for myself and eventually sending this driver along with my own TS4 irons out to Gabe to do a combo review. Gabe's schedule is pretty busy for the next month or so, so I figured instead of waiting for him, I'll order it for myself and sent it when he's open. 

Currently I'm playing the PXG Gen 6 XF, previously played the Cobra Aerojet LS, Callaway Paradym TD, PXG Gen 5 Standard,  and was considering the Titleist TSR3 or Ping G430 LST (yes I'm a driver ho). I'm really curious how this head stacks up to the other LS models and what your experiences are after more than a few rounds. I plan to build it with some variation of Otto Phlex shaft. 

Thanks! 

It's going to be similar in performance to a TSR4 or maybe a TSR3.  The Ping G430LST will be substantially more forgiving as it has almost 1K more MOI.  I've been enjoying the Maltby w/ the Autoflex shaft and find it hits nice medium low trajectory shots with low spin.  Mis hits don't really get punished much and I'm hitting it in all the same places that I have hit every other driver on my home course.  The feel/sound is excellent w/ the Maltby and is really enjoyable.  The only real difference I've made is teeing the ball just a little bit lower as the face is more shallow than a lot of other drivers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

It's going to be similar in performance to a TSR4 or maybe a TSR3.  The Ping G430LST will be substantially more forgiving as it has almost 1K more MOI.  I've been enjoying the Maltby w/ the Autoflex shaft and find it hits nice medium low trajectory shots with low spin.  Mis hits don't really get punished much and I'm hitting it in all the same places that I have hit every other driver on my home course.  The feel/sound is excellent w/ the Maltby and is really enjoyable.  The only real difference I've made is teeing the ball just a little bit lower as the face is more shallow than a lot of other drivers.

Awesome thanks for that! Do you naturally find yourself teeing down lower? I had to do that with my Aerojet. I personally like a smaller top profile head and hit my 3 wood better and almost as long as my driver so this design really appeals to me

1 minute ago, AZstu324 said:

Awesome thanks for that! Do you naturally find yourself teeing down lower? I had to do that with my Aerojet. I personally like a smaller top profile head and hit my 3 wood better and almost as long as my driver so this design really appeals to me

I have been usually teeing the ball up as high as I can which forces me to hit up on it to get a much more positive angle of attack and try to come from a more neutral club path.  With the deep face drivers, this is no issue but w/ the Maltby the ball sits almost entirely above the crown which I didn't love.  I teed it down about 1/2 lower than I normally would and just gave it my normal swing and results were good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dtaylo3 said:

So for a 14-index player who drives the ball 250 yards, sometimes erratically, and is looking for distance and some forgiveness, do you go with the TC, Max or Pro?

Have an older KE4 second generation adjustable driver.  Don't like the sound at all.

If spin isn't a problem, go with the Max. The TC isn't far behind the Max in forgiveness though. 

The Pro is small and very low spin so I'd probably not pick that one first unless spin is your biggest concern which it sounds like you're more concerned about forgiveness. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 4:50 PM, jblough99 said:

Just received my TC Pro today.  Head looks great in person!  Nice and compact shape.  Hopefully will get to test it out tomorrow on the sim.  Epoxy is currently drying.

On a side note, Maltby has the slickest shaft adapter I've ever seen.  Has a really neat 2 piece design, one small sleeve that rotates around the main adapter.  Lets you keep the shaft oriented in the same position regardless of the setting, similar to Callaway, but in a much more compact package.

Reviving this thread...  How is the Pro doing?  Anyone else playing this with some more feedback?

• Like 1

I am gaming it.  Still trying out a few shafts/lengths to see what works best for me.  

so far I like it more than the TC tour.  Mostly because I much prefer the look at address and the sound at impact.  No numbers to share for comparison just look and feel.  I will say it seems a bit lower flight and seems to run out more for me but it’s negligible.  

I’ve found I’m more of a ’vibes’ guy with driver.  It gives me titleist 975/983 (probably my best drivers) vibes…  seems to translate to better swings. 

• Like 1

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @9.5* w/Maltby MPF DR (S) 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @14.5* w/UST ProForce V2 75R 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @19* w/UST ProForce V2 75R

PXG 0317X Proto @22* w/MMT 80S

Maltby TE+ 5-6  w/Recoil Prototype 125f4

Maltby TS4 7-G w/Recoil Prototype 125f4

Mizuno T24 56/60 DG S400

*The putter committee*

19 hours ago, mustang said:

I thought I would revive this thread on the KE-4 Pro--    

Anyone playing it? 

Anyone testing or comparing it?

More feedback on performance?

Thanks in advance.

I have one waiting in line for more shaft testing, initial results were pretty good with an NV Blue 60X though. Noticeably strong ball flight even in the higher loft setting and had good roll out that you'd expect to see. The weight port is easy access which I appreciate!

For size and appearance, it reminds me of my TS4 which I enjoy a lot, but I do wish the face was a bit taller on the KE4 TC Pro. Between those two I feel like the Maltby probably has fewer foul balls in it that the TS4 all things being equal. 

The sound is one of the separating points for me though. I could work with the slightly loud Maltby crack but given the similarities and the fact that I love love the sound of the TS4, the Matlby has been put back on the workbench for now.

I don't think I have much more info but ask away if you wish.

TS4 8.5* - RogueElite65-X

913F 15* - RogueBlack80-S

913HD 20* - GS95-S

FGTour 4-9 - Rifle5.5

Cleveland 50,56* - TTDG-W

Slotline ss385