2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2024 Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions (Jan 18 - 21)

21 hours ago, Titleist_PT23 said:

Anyways, you think you know it all.  Remember when you thought drivers don't matter?  That one ended well for you; someone that actually knows pretty much told you what you don't know.  The arrogance is amazing.

Have a nice evening.

Hello friend 👋

I hope you're having a better day today. For starters, I certainly don't think I know it all, although I wish I did. I only have opinions, and in my opinion Nelly was fine after her back pain issues. As for getting schooled on drivers, thats a matter of opinion as well. Some can transition with no issues, some can't. Speaking of that, looks like she was giving the new TM Qi10 a go late last month, maybe still? ( I'm sorry, I really don't know it all)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

I took a look at the weather at Bradenton, Florida, where Drive On Championship is playing this week.  I guarantee Nelly will have a better week because the temperature will be high seventies and low eighties.

Ahh, you've finally taken notice she has a rough time when the weather is less than perfect.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

After a good start, Danielle came off the rails with a 79, 75, and 82 in her final three rounds. Ouch. It has to be something besides injury, no? Would a pro risk further injury struggling through four rounds for a small payout?

You went and jinxed her after the first round as I recall..😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

After a good start, Danielle came off the rails with a 79, 75, and 82 in her final three rounds. Ouch. It has to be something besides injury, no? Would a pro risk further injury struggling through four rounds for a small payout?

After Saturdays round she probably said "F it" and hit up all the bars around Disney springs with her celebrity friends 😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Not to mention that 2021 US Open at Olympic Club..

For a player who's supposed to excel at Florida courses, she seems to have her good and bad tournaments. It's not like Florida has perfect weather all year. I've played over 100 rounds in the state, and the winter rounds are often iffy weatherwise. 

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

7 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Hello friend 👋

I hope you're having a better day today. For starters, I certainly don't think I know it all, although I wish I did. I only have opinions, and in my opinion Nelly was fine after her back pain issues. As for getting schooled on drivers, thats a matter of opinion as well. Some can transition with no issues, some can't. Speaking of that, looks like she was giving the new TM Qi10 a go late last month, maybe still? ( I'm sorry, I really don't know it all)

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

I'll let these two topics die.

Hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!

It was nice to see them play a tough course in somewhat tough conditions. I really like the green and how they repel less than ideal shots with their false fronts and sides.

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

On 1/21/2024 at 2:02 PM, jt2gt said:

Been impressed with Pano from what they showed so far. After reading the thread about her turning pro young not sure what I expected, but she seems like she is on top of it out there. Would love to see her and RZ battle it out someday. 

I met several of her family members and followed Pano the final two days of that Lake Nona event. I have to say that family is extremely ambitious. They were already talking about Solheim Cup and the Olympics. They knew exactly what her Rolex Ranking was. So we spent most of the final day rooting for and talking about as high a finish as possible, to boost all of the above. They were very enthused and all smiles with the late birdies and outright second place. 

Her game is fairly one dimensional, always playing a draw. Consequently I wasn't overly surprised when she had some trouble a week later at Bradenton. Some of those pin positions and sloped greens didn't favor a draw.

When Alex gets upset on the course she immediately puts on her sunglasses before walking to the next tee. I learned that over two weeks. They call her Alex, BTW. This is Pano I'm referring to, not Marina.

Normally I ask questions. This time I didn't have to. Very opinionated family. Let me emphasize this sources from family members, not from Alex herself. They aren't a fan of Jin Young Ko, at least in regard to how she conducts herself. Lack of warmth, although a more specific term was used. Jessica receives much higher marks than Nelly. 

Alex's father plans to caddy one more year before surrendering that role.

Also, beyond anything you guys are nuts for knocking the celebrity aspect. Talk about the world in reverse. I spoke to numerous family members of various players that week, some who I had met previously and others for the first time. The overwhelming commonality is raving about the celebrities and how much fun everyone is having. I wasn't surprised to see Alex's video regarding Ray Allen because that's exactly who her family members gushed about, while speaking to me for the first time. I told them it was the same thing in Miami, that Ray Allen quickly became a huge fan and community favorite while playing for the Heat at the end of his career. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 1:58 PM, 18majors said:

Breaking news:

This is very interesting to me because early in the week I overheard one of the Lake Nona brats insisting that the tournament would not return, because the members were fed up with their course being chewed up. But one of Annika's kids interjected and said it hadn't been decided yet.

I call them Lake Nona brats because it's the first thing that came to mind that week. They were primarily teenagers, kids who obviously lived at Lake Nona and were roaming the property during the event, often in carts and doing mostly whatever they wanted. 

Annika has a massive home alongside the 16th tee. Ian Poulter has two homes side by side along early 18th fairway. Supposedly he bought the second one to house his cars. On Saturday he was sitting out back with one of his dogs during the event. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I met several of her family members and followed Pano the final two days of that Lake Nona event. I have to say that family is extremely ambitious. They were already talking about Solheim Cup and the Olympics. They knew exactly what her Rolex Ranking was. So we spent most of the final day rooting for and talking about as high a finish as possible, to boost all of the above. They were very enthused and all smiles with the late birdies and outright second place. 

Her game is fairly one dimensional, always playing a draw. Consequently I wasn't overly surprised when she had some trouble a week later at Bradenton. Some of those pin positions and sloped greens didn't favor a draw.

When Alex gets upset on the course she immediately puts on her sunglasses before walking to the next tee. I learned that over two weeks. They call her Alex, BTW. This is Pano I'm referring to, not Marina.

Normally I ask questions. This time I didn't have to. Very opinionated family. Let me emphasize this sources from family members, not from Alex herself. They aren't a fan of Jin Young Ko, at least in regard to how she conducts herself. Lack of warmth, although a more specific term was used. Jessica receives much higher marks than Nelly. 

Alex's father plans to caddy one more year before surrendering that role.

Also, beyond anything you guys are nuts for knocking the celebrity aspect. Talk about the world in reverse. I spoke to numerous family members of various players that week, some who I had met previously and others for the first time. The overwhelming commonality is raving about the celebrities and how much fun everyone is having. I wasn't surprised to see Alex's video regarding Ray Allen because that's exactly who her family members gushed about, while speaking to me for the first time. I told them it was the same thing in Miami, that Ray Allen quickly became a huge fan and community favorite while playing for the Heat at the end of his career. 

Pano played a couple of WAPT events at my home course. 

Her father made less than a great impression with pretty much anyone that was around him. 

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 8:58 AM, Argonne69 said:

I wasn't surprised. She was the only player who looked totally out of sorts that week.

I have no idea how Danielle managed such a good score on Thursday. I didn't follow her that day. On Friday she was teeing it too high and hitting erratic blooping shots with nothing on them.

I swear, I was tempted to tell her to tee the ball 3/4 of an inch lower. It was like somebody felt like they had to make up for the tee height that Lydia was surrendering.

Danielle was not partying. I saw her on the range late Friday afternoon. Only one other player was out there. Danielle was far right of the range, hitting drivers but still out of sorts. They looked the same as from the course. Her caddy was demonstrating what he wanted her to work on. It was a more layed off backswing. Danielle would attempt to emulate it but if obviously didn't feel comfortable. When she'd take an actual swing it didn't resemble anything he wanted her to do.

Consequently I expected a poor weekend and it played out that way. I really should have reverted to my former life as a golf matchup bettor. If available, those would have been easy pickings.

To her credit, Danielle never was outwardly negative or emotional. On Sunday she was greenside to help with the ceremony after Lydia's victory.

• Like 1