2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2024 Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions (Jan 18 - 21)

5 hours ago, woahnelly said:

This tournament has turned into the Lydia Ko redemption arc, maybe Pano can challenge her but I doubt it. 

They noted Lydia is teeing the ball lower and it's making her ball straighter, which was her bugaboo last year. Shes had several putts throughout this tournament miss by an inch, so a 2 shot lead is generous for how well shes been playing.  

Well Lydia does play this course like every day so if she doesn't win I would be concerned.

Then again so does Annika.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

4 hours ago, Shilgy said:

They’re professional golfers! You expect them to miss by feet? 
In all seriousness I’m guessing every player has burned the edge on multiple holes so far in this event.

edit…that reads more harsh than intended….but the point stands.

Ive watched a majority of the coverage, at least 3 or 4 putts were a literal inch, or extra roll, from going in. Shes had the most consistent speeds of anyone in the field... Then again this is LPGA coverage we are talking here! the only show 4 golfers throughout the entire broadcast 😂

Id like to see AP2 get some more consistent coverage moving fwd if she keeps it up since beloved Rose will be MIA until after the Asian swing due to her studies at Stanford.

10 hours ago, 8602081 said:

I think it's little weird for Annika to be playing in a celebrity tournament, which is golf..

I don't think any other celebrities are former all time great Professional Golfer...

She played professional golf all her life..

I don't mind. It's fun getting to see the "a scratch WRXer could take an LPGA pro" chatter play out from the same tees. In this case a former LPGA pro vs scratch men, one of whom went out for The Champions Tour last year. Guess the ladies are a liiittle tougher than many think despite any distance gaps or being retired.

Kind of unexpected to see the celeb aspect getting so much hate given that non-celebs are part of the rounds in some of the early season PGA play as well and get highlighted on occasion and, two, that the men's tournaments featuring celebs seem to get a lot of fanfare and generally positive response. Heck, there's an entire men's celebrity tourney every year.

Half the time posts on here lament how little attention Women's Pro Golf gets and how they don't get big enough purses but then there seems to be a very rigid expectation about what's proper for the related tours & events as well as a bemoaning of crowds that get too big or boisterous. Weird to me to be so down on something that likely draws eyes that would otherwise not give women's golf much thought and that likely helps keep the event viable for the sponsors.

Can't have everything, but even for those who aren't a fan of the format I don't get the outspoken negativity around it.

• Like 2

I don’t know about the really important season for Nelly but it is getting to be time to figure some things out if she wants to be the best. I don’t see her falling out of the top 15-20 for the next decade or 2. That said I’m not sure if it’s just her putter or what but she is struggling for her. -1 (with 1 left to play) through the par 5’s this week is never going to get anything done. 17/18 GIR’s in round 1 and only -1 for the day is rough. I honestly think she hasn’t been the same since the equipment change. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, mallrat said:

That said I’m not sure if it’s just her putter or what but she is struggling for her. -1 (with 1 left to play) through the par 5’s this week is never going to get anything done. 17/18 GIR’s in round 1 and only -1 for the day is rough. I honestly think she hasn’t been the same since the equipment change. 

Surely she must be hiding an injury again? Wasn't that the common excuse for the last two years even though she herself stated she was 100% healthy.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jt2gt said:

Been impressed with Pano from what they showed so far. After reading the thread about her turning pro young not sure what I expected, but she seems like she is on top of it out there. Would love to see her and RZ battle it out someday. 

Yes they should have some battles for years to come, hopefully Yealimi can join the party too. 

Trying to watch this tournament and I see little has changed in this new season.  If the name isn’t Ko, Korda, Henderson, or the new “it” prospect Zhang, you’d better be in contention to get any airtime.  

With the exception of a few fleeting moments on Day 1, would’ve never known Lilia Vu was participating.  Don’t believe I ever saw Ronin Yin or Charley Hull.

Media favorite or not, while I get she was never really near the lead, being #1 in the world should’ve been worth more airtime than what Vu appeared to get this weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blending a bit of the old with the new going into 2024

PXG 0311 Black OPS Driver 10.5* 

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway 3W 15*

Tour Edge Hot Launch C524 Hybrid 3H 19* / 4H 22* 

PXG 0311 XP Gen6 Double Black Irons 5i - GW 

Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black Wedge 54* / 58*

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 702 Putter

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver 10.5* (alt)

5 minutes ago, NikeGolfer76 said:

Trying to watch this tournament and I see little has changed in this new season.  If the name isn’t Ko, Korda, Henderson, or the new “it” prospect Zhang, you’d better be in contention to get any airtime.  

With the exception of a few fleeting moments on Day 1, would’ve never known Lilia Vu was participating.  Don’t believe I ever saw Ronin Yin or Charley Hull.

Media favorite or not, while I get she was never really near the lead, being #1 in the world should’ve been worth more airtime than what Vu appeared to get this weekend. 

New year, same lame LPGA coverage. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, woahnelly said:

Ive watched a majority of the coverage, at least 3 or 4 putts were a literal inch, or extra roll, from going in. Shes had the most consistent speeds of anyone in the field... Then again this is LPGA coverage we are talking here! the only show 4 golfers throughout the entire broadcast 😂

Id like to see AP2 get some more consistent coverage moving fwd if she keeps it up since beloved Rose will be MIA until after the Asian swing due to her studies at Stanford.

So you’re not talking burning the edge? But instead she’s left them an inch short?

That is not good speed control unless they were exceptionally long putts.

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

5 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Surely she must be hiding an injury again? Wasn't that the common excuse for the last two years even though she herself stated she was 100% healthy.

Wouldn't be the first time an athlete said he/she was "fine," but really wasn't.  Many adopt the approach that if you are playing, you are "fine."  No reason to go out there with any other mindset.  She may have truly been fine for most of the season, but an injury is still a disruption to the flow of practicing and playing.

Anyways, you think you know it all.  Remember when you thought drivers don't matter?  That one ended well for you; someone that actually knows pretty much told you what you don't know.  The arrogance is amazing.

Have a nice evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not a huge fan of the Grant Thorton or this tournament, but everyone's favourite L.KO gets another HOF point.  She had some better finishes in Asia late last year as well, so it looks like she's picked herself up off the post-marriage bottom.

Winning is hard, but it looks like she should have some chances this year.  Let's all hope for (at least) one more win and an accomplishment that not many others will even have a sniff at.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Titleist_PT23 said:

I'm not a huge fan of the Grant Thorton or this tournament, but everyone's favourite L.KO gets another HOF point.  She had some better finishes in Asia late last year as well, so it looks like she's picked herself up off the post-marriage bottom.

Winning is hard, but it looks like she should have some chances this year.  Let's all hope for (at least) one more win and an accomplishment that not many others will even have a sniff at.

One of the only valid talking points Pretzel was able to spew during the broadcast was Inbee was the last do it in 2016, and nobody besides Lyds is remotely close. Jin Young would be next closest, but she has been battling the injury bug of late even to this present day. Vu had a historic season, but she's the same age as Lydia is now. Truly the hardest HOF to enter in all of pro sports! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

One of the only valid talking points Pretzel was able to spew during the broadcast was Inbee was the last do it in 2016, and nobody besides Lyds is remotely close. Jin Young would be next closest, but she has been battling the injury bug of late even to this present day. Vu had a historic season, but she's the same age as Lydia is now. Truly the hardest HOF to enter in all of pro sports! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Well, even though I watched roughly 6 minutes of this whole thing, it's good to hear Lyds is playing well. 

Pfft, I watched 20 times the minutes you did.

I must be an uberfan.

• Haha 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

After a good start, Danielle came off the rails with a 79, 75, and 82 in her final three rounds. Ouch. It has to be something besides injury, no? Would a pro risk further injury struggling through four rounds for a small payout?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0