JHR's Bag- 10/31/2018 Update

W O W. I am new to this site & I have been told that I have a club replacement problem, but I was/am blown away. I have never bought a club & not used it. How do you do it? Not even to remove the plastic would drive me bonkers. I recently got a new old cameron with the shrink wrap on the grip from some collector. first thing I did after getting it out of the box was put it down, knock a putt with it & rip off the plastic. It is now a gamer. Collectors are like wild animal shelters, you have got to set them free.

You are new to this site, so I'll be nice. Most people here take pictures of their clubs just after they get them before jacking them up on the course. Makes for perdier pictures, I'd like to think.

So, welcome to Golfwrx :friends: , and feel free to read a thread in it's entirety before adding your two-bits. Thanks.

beruo

All 7 pages? But my ritalin will wear off.

Or we can just suspend your posting abilities. That way you'll have plenty of time to read and get to know how this site is run. You might even learn that Marshal is a happy term for moderator and that you insulted one of the more respected club guys with your first post in this thread. :idhitit:

Your choice on the easy vs hard way.

beruo

:hi:

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W O W. I am new to this site & I have been told that I have a club replacement problem, but I was/am blown away. I have never bought a club & not used it. How do you do it? Not even to remove the plastic would drive me bonkers. I recently got a new old cameron with the shrink wrap on the grip from some collector. first thing I did after getting it out of the box was put it down, knock a putt with it & rip off the plastic. It is now a gamer. Collectors are like wild animal shelters, you have got to set them free.

You are new to this site, so I'll be nice. Most people here take pictures of their clubs just after they get them before jacking them up on the course. Makes for perdier pictures, I'd like to think.

So, welcome to Golfwrx :friends: , and feel free to read a thread in it's entirety before adding your two-bits. Thanks.

beruo

All 7 pages? But my ritalin will wear off.

Or we can just suspend your posting abilities. That way you'll have plenty of time to read and get to know how this site is run. You might even learn that Marshal is a happy term for moderator and that you insulted one of the more respected club guys with your first post in this thread. :idhitit:

Your choice on the easy vs hard way.

beruo

Sorry if any one took it that way, especially JHR. Please PM me what you saw as as insulting. I sure didn't say anything to be cruel or hurtfull. I just like to use my clubs right out of the shop.

What the difference between the f2...f3....906 fairways?

:yahoo: to Golfwrx.

The answer to your question is a scant 4 posts above yours (one more post up and you have someone asking the same question). But for the easy answer click HERE (the thread to which JHR referred).

can you possibly post some pics of the face depths of the titleist 905 f2 and f3 and maybe some pics as to address position from above thanks a lot.

Thanks Drew123,

If you look in the Tour section i have comparison pictures of the 2 clubs.

:hi:

What the difference between the f2...f3....906 fairways?

:yahoo: to Golfwrx.

The answer to your question is a scant 4 posts above yours (one more post up and you have someone asking the same question). But for the easy answer click HERE (the thread to which JHR referred).

can you possibly post some pics of the face depths of the titleist 905 f2 and f3 and maybe some pics as to address position from above thanks a lot.

Thanks Drew123,

If you look in the Tour section i have comparison pictures of the 2 clubs.

Thanks for the assist beruo.

• 3 weeks later...

OOPs, i did it again.

I was doing so well, i was selling off some unused clubs, but needed to replace them i guess.

I recently received the folowing that i have added:

TaylorMade Tour issue 425 TP 10.5* w/ Rombax 65

Titleist 585.H 19* Tour issue w/ V2 Hybrid

Titleist Vokey 52* Tour Issue w/ S400

Titleist Vokey 60* Tour Issue Spin Milled Raw w/ S400

it is gorgeous...can you get that on your own irons if you sent them somewhere?

Yes , there are places that will finish your clubs in the satin.

You can PM FairwayFred, it is Ari from Scratch and i know he can do it, and i am sure there are others, but he is the only one that i know of.

do you know how much it is and how the finish holds up...I just cant get over the beauty of them and how cool it would be to have all tour titleist stuff! great bag :drinks:

it is gorgeous...can you get that on your own irons if you sent them somewhere?

Yes , there are places that will finish your clubs in the satin.

You can PM FairwayFred, it is Ari from Scratch and i know he can do it, and i am sure there are others, but he is the only one that i know of.

do you know how much it is and how the finish holds up...I just cant get over the beauty of them and how cool it would be to have all tour titleist stuff! great bag :drinks:

I do not recall the cost, you would have to PM Ari to ask , finish is like all Black Finishes, looks great when first applied, then after use it will fade, i will post a used club with the same finish so you can see. I really like the Black on wedges so even a worn Black to me is OK. Thanks for the compliments.

are you parting with any of that golf shop of a collection?

There is always a possibility. Thanks for asking.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a couple new things and they arrived today.

TaylorMade Tour Issue 460 TP R7 w/ Fuji MW74 X shaft.

TaylorMade Tour Issue R7 13* HFS w/ Aldila VS Proto 80g X.

TaylorMade Tour Issue Satin Y Cutter 52* w/ S400

TaylorMade Tour Issue Satin Y Cutter 58* w/ S400

As you can see they have been to visit my friend Mr. Kwok's studio and they are ready for action.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I just picked up 2 brand new taylormade tp "y" cutter groove 2006 wedges. I got a 54 and 58, i got them for a steal at $79.99 for the 58 and $114.99 for the 54. I love em, have you hit yours yet?

Hi '08,

That sounds like a pretty good price for those wedges.

Yes, i have hit mine, and i think they are fantastic wedges, as good as any wedge i have hit. Hope you like yours also.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the only stable things in your bag at the moment are the driver "head" and the putter. :D Everything else gets the 'ole tweaky-tweak every once in awhile am I right? :D I can't blame you. :D

BTW,what happened to the F3-05 for us wonderers?

Keep showing us amateur ho's the way. :cheesy:

-Kyle

This is one of the greatest collection of clubs I have ever seen!

Very nice and rare clubs.

I have been starting my collection during the past 2 years but due to the high cost of Japanese stuff, I need to slow down a little before I will be totally broke :cheesy:

I believe if I bring home another golf item, I will need to put some protection on myself to defend myself from plates and glasses flying over my head :D

In any case 10 years to put together that collection seems quite reasonable to me :D

Seems like the only stable things in your bag at the moment are the driver "head" and the putter. :D Everything else gets the 'ole tweaky-tweak every once in awhile am I right? :D I can't blame you. :D

BTW,what happened to the F3-05 for us wonderers?

Keep showing us amateur ho's the way. :cheesy:

-Kyle

Yea, i am sorry to say Kyle but you are right, i have been changing alot lately. The F3-05 is doing well, i have been trying out the 906F3 to see what they are all about, and it has been behaving well, so it can keep a little more bag time. The F3-05 is just awesome though.

Thanks Kyle.

I have been starting my collection during the past 2 years but due to the high cost of Japanese stuff, I need to slow down a little before I will be totally broke :cheesy:

I believe if I bring home another golf item, I will need to put some protection on myself to defend myself from plates and glasses flying over my head :D

In any case 10 years to put together that collection seems quite reasonable to me :D

Thanks alot Carlo,

I used to be far worse than this, this is just the remainder of what once was a huge collection of clubs, not so much the quality of what i have now, but ten times the quantity. So for my wife i have done well, although she understands my need for clubs, so it is good with her, she thinks i am crazy but never complains.

Thanks again and good luck in growing your collection of clubs, and if you need to replace some fine china every now and then, its OK. :D

Thanks alot Carlo,

I used to be far worse than this, this is just the remainder of what once was a huge collection of clubs, not so much the quality of what i have now, but ten times the quantity. So for my wife i have done well, although she understands my need for clubs, so it is good with her, she thinks i am crazy but never complains.

Thanks again and good luck in growing your collection of clubs, and if you need to replace some fine china every now and then, its OK. :D

Thank you John. In fact I totally agree with you that quality takes over quantity at some stage, and that is the main reason why I tend to sell out equipment to get better instead of accumulate the collection... As I have gone through other kind of collections in the past (watches, stereo equipment etc.) I know that new (and exclusive) items get my attention and old items get abandoned in a corner of the room.

My wife also thinks I am crazy, but hey... I told her "I don't drink, I don't go out to bars, I have the same woman from the last 7 years..." so she keeps quiet (normally) :D and only when I get an upgrade raptus that we go through some "serious" discussions and I have learned to hide new clubs in the bag (since the Pro Shop is located at the range where I use to practice) :ok:

As per china stuff, I already replied to another of your posts and you know what I think... Still I see there is a bit more attention to details for Clubs Made in China for the Japanese market...

In any case Ferrari beats everyone "largely" in another not less outstanding sport that is the Formula 1 :D

• 2 weeks later...

WOW - that truly is obscene, but in a GOOD way!!

My wife would use my balls as ear-rings if I collected that much golf gear, I'm bad enough with always changing my clubs as it is but she makes sure for every new item I get the equivalent old item goes out of the the door..!!!

Thanks ever so much for sharing.

Rob