Wilson Golf Product Testing and Fitting Experience @ Pinehurst | Following Along Here

I promise I'll have a writeup soon for my round on No. 10.  I got back late Tuesday night and had 8 work meetings waiting for me on Thursday. Once the day wrapped up yesterday I was supposed to go on a night hike with my wife... I told her I needed a little nap at 4pm and didn't wake up until this morning.  Have another 7 meetings on the agenda today and will get to my final thoughts and writeup on the round.  

• Like 3

Wilson DYNAPWR Carbon - Project X Denali

Ping G425 Max 5 Wood
Ping G430 3 Hybrid
Wilson Staff Model CB 4-PW - Steelfiber 110x
Wilson ZM 48* bent to 50*, 52* bent to 54*, 60* Tour Issue Spinner Shafts
Ping Oslo

Wish they would get the new headwear on the website. The rope hat would have sold out a couple of times after the two young guys won Good-Good. They need walking billboards. 

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

11 hours ago, Shilgy said:

#14 green complex needs some explaining….insane green for a 260 yard par 3.  Us short knockers played whites…6400 and change with a 71.5/137 rating and slope on a par 70.  Even from there it was 220 into the breeze and you’d have to see that day's pin position to believe it.

#8 is a short par 4, but as @TLUBulldogGolf mentioned both shots are blind to another steeply tiered green on the pin was an “easy” middle pin tucked into a corner of the top tier.  The slopes in the fairway were nuts.  It’s on the site of the former sand pit and that one hole looks like the sand .works left and they just sprinkled some grass seed onto the contours.

Suggestion for @knudson81 🙄 There should be a members event played at Pinehurst.  That would be an awesome place to get some folks together.  You could make it an annual event and flight winners could get invited to the following years event.

That would be exciting!

Somehow the above reply to @TLUBulldogGolf didn’t post and there are a few things I need to add after seeing some more recent posts.

1) As has been repeatedly said by all of us….kudos to @knudson81 @Wilson_Golf and their entire staff and crew. They certainly went all out in making this a memorable experience for all of us.

2) He’s too modest to mention this but a big round of applause to @TM golf guy as well.  He pulled his left hamstring a couple weeks before the event but was , understandably, not giving up this chance of a lifetime.  He was able to gut out the entire fitting process but walking the hills on #10 proved to be too much for the hammy and he, with much persuasion,  had to rest a hole or two or he’d still be out there trying to get through it.

3) as mentioned above by @TM golf guy a big shout out to the master fitter for Wilson….Mr Ed Garland.  I was in communication with him today and my final set should be assembled and shipped next week.  They needed to order the Nippon Modus 115’s for the irons and I get to be the guinea pig play testing that shaft for them.  On a funny side note Ed and the course superintendent at my home club are close friends and I got some nice “laa dee da” "comments from him today as Ed had already told him about our experiences this week. 😂

4) Between the four of us @Olson12 @TLUBulldogGolf and @TM golf guy we just cannot say enough about the professionalism AND friendliness exhibited by the entire Wilson crew.  From the fitters and event organizers to the camera crew we immediately were treated like family.

So a very big THANK YOU to all of you.  Hilgy

In regard to TM golf guy’s hammy. They couldn’t get the guy a cart?! 

6 minutes ago, TiScape said:

In regard to TM golf guy’s hammy. They couldn’t get the guy a cart?! 

No carts on 10

• Like 3

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

27 minutes ago, TiScape said:

But of course. Thanks

They have a fleet of push carts first come first served. That’s it for 10

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

No carts on 10

Proper golf (my back doesn’t agree).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Titleist TSi3 10° TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° Devotion HB 75-X
Wilson Staff Utility 3/21° HZRDUS 4G 6.5
Wilson Staff Blades 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

1 minute ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

Proper golf (my back doesn’t agree).

The caddy carried the bags right?  That's an experience I have never had.  Just taking a casual stroll down the fairway.  No pushcart to hunch over, no bag on my shoulder, no cart to sit in so the legs should be fresh.  

Looks like a lot of elevation variation though.  Not sure how easy of a walk it was.  But at the very least, you got some steps in and burned some calories for the day haha. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

4 minutes ago, radiman said:

The caddy carried the bags right?  That's an experience I have never had.  Just taking a casual stroll down the fairway.  No pushcart to hunch over, no bag on my shoulder, no cart to sit in so the legs should be fresh.  

Looks like a lot of elevation variation though.  Not sure how easy of a walk it was.  But at the very least, *you got some steps in and burned some calories for the day haha. 

And based on the pics of what they were eating… 👍🏼

🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, TiScape said:

And based on the pics of what they were eating… 👍🏼

🤣

It all equals out in the end haha.  Eat like kings then burn it off.  I haven't heard any mention of the meat sweats so it couldn't have been that bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, radiman said:

It all equals out in the end haha.  Eat like kings then burn it off.  I haven't heard any mention of the meat sweats so it couldn't have been that bad. 

I was thinking more so about… 

Would you like the ice cream or the brownies?

Yes plz! 😊

IMG_6660.jpeg
🤣

Edited by TiScape

13 hours ago, Shilgy said:

#14 green complex needs some explaining….insane green for a 260 yard par 3.  Us short knockers played whites…6400 and change with a 71.5/137 rating and slope on a par 70.  Even from there it was 220 into the breeze and you’d have to see that day's pin position to believe it.

#8 is a short par 4, but as @TLUBulldogGolf mentioned both shots are blind to another steeply tiered green on the pin was an “easy” middle pin tucked into a corner of the top tier.  The slopes in the fairway were nuts.  It’s on the site of the former sand pit and that one hole looks like the sand .works left and they just sprinkled some grass seed onto the contours.

Suggestion for @knudson81 🙄 There should be a members event played at Pinehurst.  That would be an awesome place to get some folks together.  You could make it an annual event and flight winners could get invited to the following years event.

That would be exciting!

Somehow the above reply to @TLUBulldogGolf didn’t post and there are a few things I need to add after seeing some more recent posts.

1) As has been repeatedly said by all of us….kudos to @knudson81 @Wilson_Golf and their entire staff and crew. They certainly went all out in making this a memorable experience for all of us.

2) He’s too modest to mention this but a big round of applause to @TM golf guy as well.  He pulled his left hamstring a couple weeks before the event but was , understandably, not giving up this chance of a lifetime.  He was able to gut out the entire fitting process but walking the hills on #10 proved to be too much for the hammy and he, with much persuasion,  had to rest a hole or two or he’d still be out there trying to get through it.

3) as mentioned above by @TM golf guy a big shout out to the master fitter for Wilson….Mr Ed Garland.  I was in communication with him today and my final set should be assembled and shipped next week.  They needed to order the Nippon Modus 115’s for the irons and I get to be the guinea pig play testing that shaft for them.  On a funny side note Ed and the course superintendent at my home club are close friends and I got some nice “laa dee da” "comments from him today as Ed had already told him about our experiences this week. 😂

4) Between the four of us @Olson12 @TLUBulldogGolf and @TM golf guy we just cannot say enough about the professionalism AND friendliness exhibited by the entire Wilson crew.  From the fitters and event organizers to the camera crew we immediately were treated like family.

That would definitely be a pretty sweet event! You can't have anything but a good time at Pinehurst!

• Like 4

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

12 minutes ago, radiman said:

85% humidity.. meat had nothing to do with it.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I was thinking more so about… 

Would you like the ice cream or the brownies?

Yes plz! 😊

IMG_6660.jpeg
🤣

Some of us were responsible adults. Harry Legend and I split one of those.😂

• Haha 1

For those players that have been swearing for years they absolutely NEED bonded woods the Dyanapower fairways are bonded, no adapter.👍

19 hours ago, TM golf guy said:

Here’s some of the other goodies Wilson/WRX had for us. The No. 10 bag tag has our name on the back. They’re still working on their golf apparel, and the sweater and shirt seem like a great start. (I promise I’m still going to post a recap 😅)

lnTap3T.jpeg

Edit: Almost forgot this cool yardage book/scorecard holder and valuables pouch as well. The yardage book has the Wilson W dancing around on the back. The pouch is made by Seamus Golf in Oregon and is really nice and soft. 

vUzdqEp.jpeg

Man, I really like that sweater.   I hope they  come out with a deep V version for the true vintage vibe,  that would be absolutely amazing!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, molecularman said:

Man, I really like that sweater.   I hope they  come out with a deep V version for the true vintage vibe,  that would be absolutely amazing!

The sweater is super nice. I haven't tried it on yet, but it feels great.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, radiman said:

Looks like a lot of elevation variation though.  Not sure how easy of a walk it was.  But at the very least, you got some steps in and burned some calories for the day haha. 

It was humbling to watch them basically sprint ahead to our balls with a bag on each shoulder. I should have been doing better than I was, there is a lot of elevation and slope to the fairways and my back was not happy by the end of the day.

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 10° TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° Devotion HB 75-X
Wilson Staff Utility 3/21° HZRDUS 4G 6.5
Wilson Staff Blades 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

4 hours ago, radiman said:

You need to get a ZIP Navigator AT electric cart. It is the best golf purchase I've made. It's like playing with a caddy that doesn't talk to you. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

OK, so I broke down and ordered a used set of 2024 CBs so I can test them out on course and get a better sense of what my set composition should be before placing an order for new sticks.  Not sure if the CB 3i and 4i are the best choice or if I should go with something more forgiving like the Dynapower forged or wait on the new RB utility iron for those spots.  Wilson - if you need someone to test out the new RBs and Padraig Harrington just isn't cutting it, let me know!  🙂

• Haha 2

Titleist TSR4, 8*, Motore X F1 7S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/10 & 58/10 Raw, DG X7
Mizuno OMOI 2 Blue Ion
Ball - Titleist Pro V1X left dash

1 hour ago, grochol17 said:

OK, so I broke down and ordered a used set of 2024 CBs so I can test them out on course and get a better sense of what my set composition should be before placing an order for new sticks.  Not sure if the CB 3i and 4i are the best choice or if I should go with something more forgiving like the Dynapower forged or wait on the new RB utility iron for those spots.  Wilson - if you need someone to test out the new RBs and Padraig Harrington just isn't cutting it, let me know!  🙂

Very noble of you to offer your services!😎

2 hours ago, RSinSG said:

You need to get a ZIP Navigator AT electric cart. It is the best golf purchase I've made. It's like playing with a caddy that doesn't talk to you. 

Mine comes next week! I can't wait! A full bag of fitted Wilson clubs and a Vessel bag would have been a nice addition too, but I can't be too greedy 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

22 hours ago, Shilgy said:

That would be exciting!

9 hours ago, knudson81 said:

That would definitely be a pretty sweet event! You can't have anything but a good time at Pinehurst!

I would so be there the minute signups opened 

image.jpeg.b84611539f812429eb44bc24912fda25.jpeg

• Haha 3

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

18 hours ago, knudson81 said:

In! 🙋‍♂️

• Haha 1

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  Callaway Paradym 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Irons:  Cobra Forged Tec Black 5-PW with KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges:  Haywood Signature Wedges (Black) - 50 / 54 / 58

Putter:  Scotty Newport 2

17 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Very noble of you to offer your services!😎

I offered before, but they apparently were distracted by your awesomeness, so I thought I would remind them that my services are available.  🙂

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR4, 8*, Motore X F1 7S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/10 & 58/10 Raw, DG X7
Mizuno OMOI 2 Blue Ion
Ball - Titleist Pro V1X left dash

Posted (edited)

Incredible trip and giveaway fellas, just wondering why they stopped at 13 clubs and didn’t get you guys into the staff putters? Those things look amazing too!!

Edited by fore_life

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options