2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

One Putts Road to Redemption Bag Now with Taylormade

Just found out I won a custom Halloween (black/orange) painted Fujikura shaft of my choice for my driver. Should be here by the end of the month.

It's gonna look sick in my SF Giants themed bag. Can't wait to try it out and see how it performs

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out I won a custom Halloween (black/orange) painted Fujikura shaft of my choice for my driver. Should be here by the end of the month.

It's gonna look sick in my SF Giants themed bag. Can't wait to try it out and see how it performs

What shaft are you going to get?

Speeder Pro 63 XLR8

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Shaft is getting painted and special graphics package. Cant wait to get this one in play. Gonna transfer the White Tie from my driver into my 3 deep. I think the high launch shaft will be a good match in that low launching head. especially off the deck.

CxBsS-jUsAAuLcq.jpg

CxBvSj8UoAEtj91.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Looks like you're reloading….not rebuilding……..just like our boy Trent Baalke says! Bruh……

Those shafts and combos my friend, are dope. Im excited to see them in the clubs. Loving the SF love!!

Really like the wedges too, and the fill in them. I got the same kinda thing going on in my short game sticks…..just with our sorry niners lol

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Looks like you're reloading….not rebuilding……..just like our boy Trent Baalke says! Bruh……

Those shafts and combos my friend, are dope. Im excited to see them in the clubs. Loving the SF love!!

Really like the wedges too, and the fill in them. I got the same kinda thing going on in my short game sticks…..just with our sorry niners lol

Nice I almost went niners but I couldn't find a red/gold bag that I liked and I've always loved the black/orange of the Giants plus easier to find bags in that combo. Gibbons is making me a 3 wood cover to match the driver one too.

Don't get me stated on the Niners. I'm so over it. I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of a game and that was last weeks when wifey was in hospital recovering from appendectomy and was only thing on. I'm still a fan but I can't support this ownership anymore. Jed built his legacy by getting the stadium built then checked out to maximize profit at cost of a winning team

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Lol! Giants colors, nice! You and these damn giveaways!

Hahaha sad thing is I hardly ever enter giveaways unless it's something i really could use.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Lol! Giants colors, nice! You and these damn giveaways!

Hahaha sad thing is I hardly ever enter giveaways unless it's something i really could use.

And then you win 80% of them :) Either way, glad to see you're winning them!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

• 2 weeks later...

Did a great job of those wedges v impressed, have they started to rust yet?

The 60* is getting a nice patina too it.

Cx_S9oYUAAABgHn.jpg

Cx_S-dgUUAE-TXp.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Speeder Pro is here.

CyNzjJQUoAA0wXC.jpg

CyNu1qCUcAAOMZE.jpg

CyNzj8XVEAA4mzA.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Really liking the Speeder. I was a fan of the stock White Tie, so let us know how it works out for you once it's installed.

It looks insanely good but that's not enough to keep it in. The white tie was a pleasant surprise as a stock shaft. Just works really good in that head. I'm really really hoping the Speeder works for me from the 1 review i could find it sounds like it should.

The white tie will be going into my 3 deep as i think that will be a great combo. If the Speeder ends up not working i have a trusty oban devotion lying around I can put in my driver

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Install completed

Review thread http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1413080-fujikura-speeder-pro-xlr8-review/

CytswJAVEAAM9PB.jpg

Good 1st round with the speeder, the white tie in the 3wood not sold on yet might need to cut it down to 42.5

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Always good to play with you brother, had a blast today. Gotta get you on Team Scotty though!

Thanks dude and Im cool being on team Byron

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 4 weeks later...

Got along much better with the White Tie in the 3deep in rounds 2/3 but I still think I would be best cutting it down to 42.5 to lessen the margin of error. I do like the ball flight with it as well as the feel a lot more than the stock PXV that was in it.

The Speeder in the driver is an absolute winner.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Got along much better with the White Tie in the 3deep in rounds 2/3 but I still think I would be best cutting it down to 42.5 to lessen the margin of error. I do like the ball flight with it as well as the feel a lot more than the stock PXV that was in it.

That driver shaft was sweet buddy!

Good to hear the driver worked with the new shaft. Still debating on whether to pick up a TP since the price is really reasonable, I haven't really been able to kick my old Adams out though.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a long time want of mine from a local WRX buddy a Cameron Circa 62 No 2 head. It is fairly beat up by bag chatter so will be sending it off to be restored. Running into a bit of a dilemma there as there are 3 good options to handle the restoration each with their own positives and negatives.

1: BOS- Cheapest of the 3 options by about half of P.L. and Cameron Custom Shop but not sure they could completely restore it. Good friend of mine has had multiple putters and iron sets done by them and swears by their work though.

2: Putter Lounge. About the same price as Cameron Custom shop when I factor in new shaft and grip, but they offer a bigger variety of finishes. I am leaning towards a darker brown oil can type finish like the satin whiskey finish from P.L.

3: Cameron Custom Shop Within $20 of what I would end up spending out the door at Putter lounge but still the most expensive option. Biggest plus here is maintain the OEM aspect of the putter minus new paintfill which helps resale if I sell it down the road. Con only can do silver (not interested) or black finish and they do not always follow paint instructions to what the client specifies.

Time is not really an issue since I already have my gamer in my Byron but all 3 are about the same lead time 4-6 weeks maybe a week more for Cameron.

Sticking with the black finish is not the end of the world, my two other customs are black and I was thinking it would be cool to have something different this time around.When all is said and done I will be into the putter for about $125-$250 depending on which of the 3 companies I go with which is pretty reasonable for a completely restored Circa.

Anyone offer up any advice on which way to go here?

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Picked up a long time want of mine from a local WRX buddy a Cameron Circa 62 No 2 head. It is fairly beat up by bag chatter so will be sending it off to be restored. Running into a bit of a dilemma there as there are 3 good options to handle the restoration each with their own positives and negatives.

1: BOS- Cheapest of the 3 options by about half of P.L. and Cameron Custom Shop but not sure they could completely restore it. Good friend of mine has had multiple putters and iron sets done by them and swears by their work though.

2: Putter Lounge. About the same price as Cameron Custom shop when I factor in new shaft and grip, but they offer a bigger variety of finishes. I am leaning towards a darker brown oil can type finish like the satin whiskey finish from P.L.

3: Cameron Custom Shop Within $20 of what I would end up spending out the door at Putter lounge but still the most expensive option. Biggest plus here is maintain the OEM aspect of the putter minus new paintfill which helps resale if I sell it down the road. Con only can do silver (not interested) or black finish and they do not always follow paint instructions to what the client specifies.

Time is not really an issue since I already have my gamer in my Byron but all 3 are about the same lead time 4-6 weeks maybe a week more for Cameron.

Sticking with the black finish is not the end of the world, my two other customs are black and I was thinking it would be cool to have something different this time around.When all is said and done I will be into the putter for about $125-$250 depending on which of the 3 companies I go with which is pretty reasonable for a completely restored Circa.

Nice project! Only on question, what will you do with the putter? Flip it, game it, put it on the wall? That may help decide which restoration you go with.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Nice project! Only on question, what will you do with the putter? Flip it, game it, put it on the wall? That may help decide which restoration you go with.

Game it as a change of pace putter when I start lipping out 7 putts a round with the Byron again(not the putters fault). I dont really do the flipping thing but do not necessarily want to kill the resale on it either. Not adding any stamping to it just keeping it clean.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I think you make it as nice as you can stand it. BOS does great work. May not be perfect, but less than what they other two and keep you happy.

My two cents, you'll just have to decide how nice you want this project to be. Good luck!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Here is the head as it sits now

C158EDHVEAEe6OW.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 1 month later...

OP updated the Circa is back from BOS :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

C6G-3amU8AAymtM.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

always loved that putter

great work, it looks awesome

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Rolled a few with the circa last round. I love the way it sets up, but prob gonna add some lead tape to the sole it's a bit lighter than my Byron.

Ozzy matching 3 wood cover is on the way

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120