2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Best Golf Commercials

Sakman

Lets hear it...past or present.
After seeing the latest commercials by Nike and Titleist, I thought this would be a good topic to start.

Maybe not the "best", but my favorite would be the Nike commercial w/ Charles Barkley from a couple years ago. Just hearing him say "I'm feelin' it today" and then chunking it is a classic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

classic chuck!!! one of my favs was the footjoy sign guy going "look ernie at troon" and knocking out the vase on the table. if you've seen it you know what i mean.

I have to agree with you. Sign boy is absolutely hilarious, especially "ernie at troon." He just destroys that vase, I love it. He cracks me up every time. :drinks:

There is this one commercial with Segio Garcia in it, they play it on the golf channel and it's advertising some type of beer.

Sergio and some other guy are having a draw but instead of guns they have their drivers and are hitting balls. So all of the people watching the draw, the buildings, and Sergio look like they are in an old Western movie. Sergio "draws" and ends up winning. It then cuts to a bar scene where everyone is celebrating around Sergio. He starts to flirt with the woman sitting next to him, he asks her, "so are you a slicer" and she says "no i'm a hooker". Everyone is silent for a split second but then they all crack up.

:drinks: :crazy2::pimp:

I really liked the Nike commercials with "Frank" when Tiger was waiting on the first tee for him and he was having lunch with the little poodle while Tiger kept calling him on the cell. Finally, Tiger took aim at the clubhouse and clocks Frank in the side of the head and knocks him off his stool.

Great commercial.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

There is this one commercial with Segio Garcia in it, they play it on the golf channel and it's advertising some type of beer.

Sergio and some other guy are having a draw but instead of guns they have their drivers and are hitting balls. So all of the people watching the draw, the buildings, and Sergio look like they are in an old Western movie. Sergio "draws" and ends up winning. It then cuts to a bar scene where everyone is celebrating around Sergio. He starts to flirt with the woman sitting next to him, he asks her, "so are you a slicer" and she says "no i'm a hooker". Everyone is silent for a split second but then they all crack up.

I like this one alot too..for an Anheiser Busch product...Sergio best not quit his day job tho cuz he's not much of an actor.

Also like any of the Cobra ads with David Feherty

I can't remember what ball it was advertised for but it's an old commercial from circa 91' where some hack out drives his golf buddies then starts dancing like a chicken past his buddies. All I remember is the guy saying Whacka whacka whacka whacka up the fairway to his ball. Just histarical! That one had me rolling every time I saw it.

More recently was Frank introducing the Ignite to Duval and the rest of the Nike players in Tigers garage. Then Duval smashes Tigers car window and they take off. "Best contact you've made all day Duval" Classic.

Any Footjoy advert. They are absolutely hilarious. :drinks:

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

thats what i was going to say. another is the new titleist ball comercial. vijays in it. you see all titleist guys then one cleveland visor. not funny unless you realize it.

Signboy's birthday is hilarious, and I like the one for Tiger Woods PGA tour 06 when Tiger and another guy are on the green and the dude goes up to putt and starts shaking really hard, and steps away, and then goes back to line up the putt again, shakes again, and steps back away. What I like about it is when Tiger says, "You need a minute?", and the guy says "No I'm fine" and then goes again to putt and still shakes. :drinks:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]

I like the one with "Frank" and Tiger of course and Charles Barkley. When Barkley takes a huge divot and misses the ball and Frank says "clean up on isle five!" and Tiger looses it and then Barkley finally hits it and puts it on the green and Tiger says "Hey nice shot".

Another good one is the new Winn commercial with Daly and Butch when Daly says "I can drive a par 4 in one" then Butch says "Yeah but I can make a 4 foot putt". Priceless...........

I really liked the Nike commercials with "Frank" when Tiger was waiting on the first tee for him and he was having lunch with the little poodle while Tiger kept calling him on the cell. Finally, Tiger took aim at the clubhouse and clocks Frank in the side of the head and knocks him off his stool.

Great commercial.

... some of Frank's comments are classic... I'm at the 19th hole (... or something) and I'm looking at a

gimme... clean up on aisle 5.... best contact you've made all year Duval!!!!

agreed....."I'm staring at a gimme" is classic

Great commercial.

... some of Frank's comments are classic... I'm at the 19th hole (... or something) and I'm looking at a

gimme... clean up on aisle 5.... best contact you've made all year Duval!!!!

God, just reading the "Frank" comments has me laughing out loud! Anyone know where you can download 'em?

My favorite right now is Sergio and his caddy. Sergio asks for a 5-Iron and the caddy is like, "But it's only 150 yards". Sergio hits it into the pool where a hot woman is sunbathing. Caddy says, "Nice shot" and the woman says, "That's the third time this week, Sergio".

This isn't really a golf commercial, but there's a Taco Bell "I'm full" commercial where this Asian guy is teeing off, and just as he makes contact his buddy screams, "I'm Full!" The Asian dude waits a split second after totally shanking, and then chases after his buddy with a golf club. Pretty funny when you see it.

Signboy and Fredrik Jacobson where signboy is wearing the pink JL pants on the first tee.

Classic Payne Stewart one for Top Flite Strata where he he hits the shot and says "You can even stop this new Strata right on a dime" and the ball spins back to stop on a dime. I guess I just never forgot that add.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

I can't remember what ball it was advertised for but it's an old commercial from circa 91' where some hack out drives his golf buddies then starts dancing like a chicken past his buddies. All I remember is the guy saying Whacka whacka whacka whacka up the fairway to his ball. Just histarical! That one had me rolling every time I saw it.

More recently was Frank introducing the Ignite to Duval and the rest of the Nike players in Tigers garage. Then Duval smashes Tigers car window and they take off. "Best contact you've made all day Duval" Classic.

Nitro Golf Balls

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

I think it was one for Adidas. Sergio and Ernie stand on the tee with some amateur. They ask him if he wants to begin. The guy walks onto the tee, misses the ball a couple of times, hacks and all that stuff. Then comes the adidas logo with: "The new Adidas XY - For really long rounds" written underneath it. After that the guy hits the ball, slices and hist a spectator on the head.

remember those Titleist commercials that started in like 1999 where it has this sentimental type music and shows all their staff players playing in their hometowns and talking about their first/great/special accomplishments with a Titleist ball/club...i have to admit I thought they were classy commercials. some of them that i can remember the names/mottos of...

"even if you haven't been inside the ropes, it is good to know your irons have"

"my first win was so and so...since the Rhode Island Amateur (Faxon), since my Open at Pebble (Kite), finally my first major (DL3)..and so on"

"the DL3 one where he talks about how his father was looking down on him with the rainbow at the PGA"

...you know what i am talking about now..i thought Titleist did a good job with those commercials.

Titleist has had some great commercials. From the newer ones, I liked the first one they put with all the tips where someone says something about a waggle and DiMarco says "I don't do that" and then procedes to do his half-swing waggle.

But the ones with Tiger when Nike was doing their "skill" campaign were great - the ball bouncing, the 3 windows in the building he breaks, the one where Tiger goes to the driving range, etc.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I forgot about that one...classic and hilarious

This was actually a Michelob commercial when the guys are driving around the course and they get to the one hole and the one says at the tee. Pick it up, its a gimmie and they finish by saying a new course record

That was a good one

Terry

It is a toss up between Frank and Tiger and Sign Boy. I did love the whole frank series they made me laugh alot but as for now sign boy is soo awesome.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3