Casio camera thread

Sports mode changes shutter speed. It does not increase the framerate of the camera. Most mini dv cameras are only capable of 60 fps. These are way better and can offer more information than a mini dv can.

Ive heard or thought most only captured 30 fps. Either way there are many gaps in a recorded swing.

Depends on the camera. The more expensive miniDVs can do 60 fps all the cheaper stuff does 30fps

Β 

This video is at 210FPS and shot indoors in relatively poor lighting. Quality is actually higher on my computer than it is on youtube but still a good idea.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FC100 was delivered yesterday (well...I rushed to the fedex depot to pick it up after missing delivery :D). I mounted it on my tripod, and took a few swing videos. After looking at the video, all I have to say is WOW!!

Β 

Seeing myself in slo-mo, I spotted at least 3 major flaws I need to fix. Anyone who has the money and wants to get serious about working on their swing needs to get one of these asap.

Β 

If anyone has specific questions about the FC100 or needs help navigating through the menus, fire away with questions.

Β 

edit: You have a nice swing iteach.

My FC100 was delivered yesterday (well...I rushed to the fedex depot to pick it up after missing delivery :D ). I mounted it on my tripod, and took a few swing videos. After looking at the video, all I have to say is WOW!!

Β 

Seeing myself in slo-mo, I spotted at least 3 major flaws I need to fix. Anyone who has the money and wants to get serious about working on their swing needs to get one of these asap.

Β 

If anyone has specific questions about the FC100 or needs help navigating through the menus, fire away with questions.

Β 

Β 

Β 

OK I will take you up on your generous offer, and my apologies if the question is deemed moronic by you or anyone else who knows a lot more about these matters.

Β 

Β 

Can you film in slow mo (say 210 fps) but then (by any means) playback the same swing not only in slo mo but also in real time ?

My FC100 was delivered yesterday (well...I rushed to the fedex depot to pick it up after missing delivery :D). I mounted it on my tripod, and took a few swing videos. After looking at the video, all I have to say is WOW!!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'll bite. Where did you get it? And if you don't mind, what did you pay?

Β 

I'm sure I will have more questions when I actually get mine. :clapping:

I'll bite. Where did you get it? And if you don't mind, what did you pay?

Β 

I'm sure I will have more questions when I actually get mine. :clapping:

Β 

I'm not him, but I bought mine on 4/7/09 from Amazon for $339 w/ the free 4GB SDHC card. The prices fluctuate on Amazon. Then a few days ago, I sent a refund request since the price had dropped. They refunded $20 to my CC. So it cost me $319 shipped w/ the free card.

$305.99 from amazon on Wednesday with free 4GB SDHC card.

Β 

I am total electronic idiot and this thing is easy to use.. I just set it up and take 3-4 swings.. You can then edit that video right on the camera to take out all the extra time and just end up with the swings. I was taking videos in my garage on an overcast day and the clarity was excellent. There was a lot of issues brought up on other sites about needing tons of light and that's over blown IMO..

Β 

Videos have been running anywhere from 16 to 75mb so unless you don't download or delete the videos on a regular basis, I can't imagine needing anything bigger than the 4GB card. I shot about 15 videos and 100 picutres and only ended up with 2GB on the card.

Β 

Β 

Took some video outside today at my daughter's soccer game and they turned out fantastic. My kids will think their whole life was in slow motion when we look back at these in 20 years..lol..

Β 

Thanks to all who answered my PM's. Great camera and wow, does my swing need work!!

OK I will take you up on your generous offer, and my apologies if the question is deemed moronic by you or anyone else who knows a lot more about these matters.

Β 

Β 

Can you film in slow mo (say 210 fps) but then (by any means) playback the same swing not only in slo mo but also in real time ?

Β 

While you're viewing on the camera, you can control how fast (or slow) the video replays. You can advance frame by frame in either direction.

Β 

After you transfer to your camera, you can control how fast/slow the playback is using whatever software you normally use.

Β 

Β 

Β 

While you're viewing on the camera, you can control how fast (or slow) the video replays. You can advance frame by frame in either direction.

Β 

After you transfer to your camera, you can control how fast/slow the playback is using whatever software you normally use.

Β 

Β 

Thanks ! Sorry to ask another question after your helpful answer but is there some reference point for "normal" speed on the software that you use ?

Another dumb question, but why is the white one more expensive than the black one?

Β 

Right now, Amazon doesn't have the black in stock. It's being sold by a third party vendor. The white one is being sold by Amazon.

Β 

That other vendor's price is pretty sweet at $289+free ship. Mine was effectively $319+4GB SDHC card from Amazon (bought it for $339 but got $20 price adjustment when price dropped...only works for purchases filled by Amazon...won't work for 3rd party sellers on Amazon).

I was looking at a Transend 16 gig Class 6 card at Amazon and wanted to know if anyone has this one or can recommend another one that is working fine with this camera.

I bought the Transcend 16G card and it works great. Comes with a USB card reader, in case your PC won't read the high capacity cards. Very fast.

Thanks ! Sorry to ask another question after your helpful answer but is there some reference point for "normal" speed on the software that you use ?

Β 

I currently use iMovie for OSX, which allows you to control playback speed as a % of the "normal" speed. Most players should have that option. If you use windows media player, this will tell you how to control playback speed once you import to your PC:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ter_how_to.aspx

Β 

For what its worth, you can incrementally control the speed when viewing directly on the camera. The interface is VERY well done. Also, when you film at 210fps, it will already be somewhat slowed down (maybe 75% of "normal"). When I import my 210fps movies, it's slow enough for me to see flaws in my swing easily.

Another dumb question, but why is the white one more expensive than the black one?

Β 

Quite weird. I ordered mine from bhphotovideo (I had some credit there from a return). The white and black models were the same price.

Β 

I paid a bit more for mine than some of these other guys did. If you can get it for $329 with a card, I'd jump all over that deal.

From the MyTPI article on the Casio FC-100..............

Β 

It also has Casio’s high speed filming function that enables you to film up to 1000 frames per second. The picture quality is great but it has one major flaw. Unlike the Casio EX-F1 and the EX-FH20, you can’t set you shutter speed. It has an auto shutter which falls flat on its face when filming fast moving images like a golf club. The student is perfect but the club shaft is blurred due to the lack of shutter priority. Controlling the shutter speed is a must for filming a golf swing.

Β 

Hoganfan, iTeach et al., ....... does it matter IYO? HF you have seen the FH20 results during your recent trip south........ how do they compare for image quality and clarity? thanks, DTS

Β 

http://www.mytpi.com/mytpi05/Learning_Tech...icle.asp?id=745

I've shot with the FC-100 at 210fps in my garage on an overcast day, one garage door part way open and overhead light on.. Image was very clear and bright.. You can see the shaft and clubhead perfectly. I then shot with the garage door closed and it was still very visible.

Β 

I read a bunch of reviews(and the one above) about the video mode needing tons of light and I think it's overblown.

I've shot with the FC-100 at 210fps in my garage on an overcast day, one garage door part way open and overhead light on.. Image was very clear and bright.. You can see the shaft and clubhead perfectly. I then shot with the garage door closed and it was still very visible.

Β 

I read a bunch of reviews(and the one above) about the video mode needing tons of light and I think it's overblown.

Β 

UT,

Thanks for the reply and opinion............ can you show your results? What about image quality as a still camera? Any experiences with HD video recording... not hi-speed. dts

Not sure if I saved the vidoes.. I'll check tonight and post to youtube if I have them.. I should qualify that I'm a total rookie in cameras but I think the camera is fantastic. The still pictures we've taken have been great. The features on the camera that assist in "catching" the perfect picture really do their job.. I took one video in HD and it was very clear and picked up all the sound.

Β 

I took two videos of my daughter at her soccer game at 210fps.. Overcast day but obviously being outside helped the lighting. There is no zoom in hi-speed mode, or sound, and I was probably 20-25 feet away when filiming but I think the video turned out great. My poor kids are going to think their wholes lives were in slo-motion when they look back at these..lol.

Β 

Β 

I know.. I was almost digusting myself with how much I was pushing the camera.. lol.. I guess I am just excited as I bought something that did what it said it does and I was able to figure out how to use it...

Β 

Apparently you can plug the camera into your TV to view the HD videos.. I haven't done it, don't have a clue how but that is what I read.

Β 

It also has Casio’s high speed filming function that enables you to film up to 1000 frames per second. The picture quality is great but it has one major flaw. Unlike the Casio EX-F1 and the EX-FH20, you can’t set you shutter speed. It has an auto shutter which falls flat on its face when filming fast moving images like a golf club. The student is perfect but the club shaft is blurred due to the lack of shutter priority. Controlling the shutter speed is a must for filming a golf swing.

Β 

Hoganfan, iTeach et al., ....... does it matter IYO? HF you have seen the FH20 results during your recent trip south........ how do they compare for image quality and clarity? thanks, DTS

Β 

Β 

Bump for you guys with the FC-100. MyTPI recommends against the FC-100 if you want to see the golf club. I have a couple of questions:

Β 

1. Do you agree that the golf club is blurry and, if so, is it moreso than you are happy with?

Β 

2. On the FH20, what shutter speed would you normally use to sharpen up the image of the club.

Β 

I'm mostly wondering about the 210fps mode since it seems the general consensus is that it's the best for filming the swing and getting nice quality video.

Β 

Thanks!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Bump for you guys with the FC-100. MyTPI recommends against the FC-100 if you want to see the golf club. I have a couple of questions:

Β 

1. Do you agree that the golf club is blurry and, if so, is it moreso than you are happy with?

Β 

2. On the FH20, what shutter speed would you normally use to sharpen up the image of the club.

Β 

I'm mostly wondering about the 210fps mode since it seems the general consensus is that it's the best for filming the swing and getting nice quality video.

Β 

Thanks!

There is some blur at impact but not enough to worry me. Golf club is perfectly viewable until a few feet before impact. Less of an issue outdoors. You can see the slight blur in the swing I posted on youtube.

Sports mode changes shutter speed. It does not increase the framerate of the camera. Most mini dv cameras are only capable of 60 fps. These are way better and can offer more information than a mini dv can.

Ive heard or thought most only captured 30 fps. Either way there are many gaps in a recorded swing.

Depends on the camera. The more expensive miniDVs can do 60 fps all the cheaper stuff does 30fps

Β 

This video is at 210FPS and shot indoors in relatively poor lighting. Quality is actually higher on my computer than it is on youtube but still a good idea.

Β 

Β 

Very nice swing there Danny boy. Really nice.:)