WITB Tiger Woods (merged) Updated Post 1 6/5/2012

Gxgolfer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gupps01' date='02 July 2010 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1278057343' post='2550578']
This may be blasphemy but is it time that he sent the Scotty Cameron on a holiday and put a Method in the bag to see how that goes? I know he hasn't had many round since he came back and thats going to affect things but it just seems that the ballstriking is improving and he can't buy or make a putt at the moment.
[/quote]

His putting is not the best right now but if you think about it, after a winter off from playing whats the part of the game that comes back last? It's the short game, the feel shots. It will come around and I doubt he'll ever use a method, if he was it would have been in play by now.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

[quote name='J13' date='02 July 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1278068609' post='2550653']
[quote name='Gupps01' date='02 July 2010 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1278057343' post='2550578']
This may be blasphemy but is it time that he sent the Scotty Cameron on a holiday and put a Method in the bag to see how that goes? I know he hasn't had many round since he came back and thats going to affect things but it just seems that the ballstriking is improving and he can't buy or make a putt at the moment.
[/quote]

His putting is not the best right now but if you think about it, after a winter off from playing whats the part of the game that comes back last? It's the short game, the feel shots. It will come around and I doubt he'll ever use a method, if he was it would have been in play by now.
[/quote]

i know that the short game is the last part to come back. He has got a method as his back up so there is a possiblity, just look back through this thread and the 2010 version. If you look back to last year he didn't putt great either. Yeah he won 6 times on the PGA Tour but if you look at the Masters he didn't putt well, at Bethpage he didn't putt well, at Turnberrry he just didn't play well, at Hazeltine he didn't putt well, at the tour championship he didn't putt well and at Shesan in china he didn't putt well. its not just this year that he's not putting well.

Don't get me wrong I'm as big a Tiger fan as the next guy, but its no fun to see him hit it great from tee to green and then miss putts from less than 5ft like on 18 yesterday

[quote name='JJK947' date='26 June 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1277606471' post='2539144']
[quote name='tomjohn10' date='26 June 2010 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1277575424' post='2538171']
I am not only a golf equipment fan but also a shoe fanatic... and let me tell you the shoes you see on the court in the NBA are often NOT available in stores. Most of the shoes are retail, but the fact is there are some "tour" issued sneakers out there. Dirk Nowitzki liked a certain nike shoe (Huarache 2k4) but not the ankle strap... Boom he has a pair made without the ankle strap. Could we buy it? No.
The rules of golf are made so that no player has an advantage over another. As long as Tiger's ball isnt remote controlled (and Dirk's shoes dont have rocket boosters), there is no argument. Nike knows that the ball isnt profitable to bring to retail when there is such a similar version stacked five boxes deep at most stores.
[/quote]

I completely agree, the previous post is just assuming things about other sports like basketball and tennis when it is obvious that he has no knowledge on the subject. You think that you can go to a tennis shop and buy Federer's "exact" racquet, give me a break! Lebron's shoes! :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

For starters my analogy was relevant although not entirely a great analogy. Tennis and basketball etc. are different than golf. Golf balls can give a player a significant advantage. That's a fact. And for you say I don't have knowledge on these certain sports is unfounded. Since I lettered in Tennis and hockey, I in fact do have knowledge on the subject. I also have a family member in the AHL. I know more about some of these sports than you could ever dream of.

you are delusional if you think we have the same equipment as professionals in other sports. Mauer gets to pick the exact wood that is used in his bats-hand selected from many many bundles, most all pros have the same deal.

it really is humorous people think golf is the ONLY sport where the masses do not play the same thing as the pros. think the suspension in your taurus is the same as a daytona car too?

[quote name='rblmp32' date='05 July 2010 - 03:20 AM' timestamp='1278271237' post='2554443']
[quote name='handmadeaddicted' date='02 July 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1278088264' post='2551127']
Oh two iron is back in the bag for him this week.
[/quote]

And for the US Open too... hmm, wonder if he is liking the results from it and will bag it more again?
[/quote]

I think was geared towards the british open this week. At pebble you can't use driver or 3 wood at times so that would explain the 2 iron there

Tiger Woods says he's driving the ball better, perhaps due in part to a slightly harder golf ball.

Woods switched to a new Nike golf ball model for the AT&T National. It's still called a Nike One Tour, but is marked as a One*Tour. Besides being harder, the ball has less spin.

"I've driven the ball better this week than I have in a very long time," he said Sunday. "It's fun to hit the driver that way. I hit driver as many times as I possibly could because it felt so good. I just wanted to keep hitting it."

Woods averaged 324.8 yards off the tee, second best in the field.

The new ball with less spin should be a good choice at the British Open in two weeks, where windy conditions often impact ball flight.

^^^ either sunday or monday practice round...seems like it's in at least for the OPEN Championship....

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

4785811197_dd1781006b_b.jpg

Say it isn't so, has he finally let go of old faithful?

Is that picture from St. Andrews?

Yes, there are also pics out there of Stevie hitting some putts on the greens. Wouldn't it be something if he actually puts it into play on Thursday!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

He'll never fully switch to the Nike Method...hes been a Cameron Loyalist for 20 years! Cameron Owners know one thing...they have the best putter already!!

[quote name='sfahrney1' date='12 July 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1278959250' post='2570835']
He'll never fully switch to the Nike Method...hes been a Cameron Loyalist for 20 years! Cameron Owners know one thing...they have the best putter already!!
[/quote]
Actually, no on the 20 year loyalist, and I said before that anyone who thinks any putter is "the best" is an idiot - I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

Tiger has had a Nike as a backup for several years. He practices with it from time to time. I would think this is nothing more except he has practiced for at least two days now. You would think he'd put the Scotty into play if he planned on using it Thursday. Time will tell...

[url=http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/392756-tiger-with-method-putter-at-st-andrews/]There is already a long thread on the topic.[/url]

[quote name='HeadonaStick' date='12 July 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1278990158' post='2572102']
[quote name='sfahrney1' date='12 July 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1278959250' post='2570835']
[/quote]
Actually, no on the 20 year loyalist, and I said before that anyone who thinks any putter is "the best" is an idiot - I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

[/quote]

Amen!

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

[quote name='tapey1brad' date='13 July 2010 - 06:20 AM' timestamp='1279016430' post='2572457']
He's got the method in the bag for the open! I say it never comes out.
[/quote]
Hmm... I said that about the Cameron.

[quote name='tapey1brad' date='13 July 2010 - 04:20 AM' timestamp='1279016430' post='2572457']
He's got the method in the bag for the open! I say it never comes out.
[/quote]
Man. Buy stock in Nike quick because if Tiger bags one for good they stand to make a lot of money. Maybe with all that's happened to Tiger lately he figures the $$$ he looks to get by puting that in the bag is worth it. Now every Tiger fan is going to buy one :rolleyes:.