2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bettinardi Customs?

jblough99

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1289787897' post='2790655']
Try contacting JCigars or Venno. If there is anything close, they'll be able to find it for you. Blank sole might be the hard part.
[/quote]

I would think twice about this. Look at the totality of Venno's posts around here in recent history and then decide for yourself if you really want to do business with him or the company he represents.

[i]Caveat emptor.[/i] May the buyer beware...

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken the company Venno represents is his own distributorship/store of what happens to be Bettinardi products?

Bettinardi only supplies Venno with putters and accessories. It would be like
saying GPP or DiscountDan represents Taylormade or Callaway.

If you don't like the way Venno posts you can always buy Bettinardis from JCigars, green grass accounts, or even from Studio B directly.

If it was an official employee of Bettinardi/Studio B/X-Cel Tech then it would a whole different ballgame.

[quote name='mrhills0146' timestamp='1292208751' post='2837956']
Try contacting JCigars or Venno. If there is anything close, they'll be able to find it for you. Blank sole might be the hard part.
[/quote]

I would think twice about this. Look at the totality of Venno's posts around here in recent history and then decide for yourself if you really want to do business with him or the company he represents.

[/quote]
Wow, have you ever dealt with Venno? I have purchased many items from Venno (putters, belt buckles, headcovers, etc) and have found him to be a "stand-up" guy! The fact that he actually uses the merchandise he sells, and is passionate about it says alot to me. I actually prefer dealing with someone who cares.

[quote name='mrhills0146' timestamp='1292208751' post='2837956']
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no need for a "buyer beware" with Nick (Venno). Have you ever bought anything from him, or had any dealings with him what so ever? I bet not. You just didn't like his post on his Iphone case, and thats fine. But for you to say "buyer beware" is totally out of line. You couldn't ask for Bettinardi to have any better reps than Jimmy and Nick.

I agree with the above two statements wholeheartedly... Ridiculous to assume that you have to "beware" of dealings with Nick because of one instance where he got fired up backing one of his new products. If I was in his position, I'm sure I would've had a difficult time biting my tongue. I have no qualms going forward in purchasing products from Nick and just recently did (two breast cancer headcovers).

We will simply agree to disagree. I choose not to do business with him because of the way he presented himself on this forum.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

[quote name='bogeyjosh ' timestamp='1292347568' post='2840522']
[quote name='mrhills0146' timestamp='1292346209' post='2840484']
We will simply agree to disagree. I choose not to do business with him because of the way he presented himself on this forum.
[/quote]

And that is fine. But your "buyer beware" is unwarranted.
[/quote]

Not really.. I know more than 1 person who have had less than great experiences with purchasing a custom.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1292348066' post='2840546']
Not really.. I know more than 1 person who have had less than great experiences with purchasing a custom.
[/quote]

[quote name='TM golf guy' timestamp='1292348582' post='2840570']
The customs from the social were a joke. We were told no 3/4 and then one gets made anyway. That turned me off to Bettinardis along with some other things that I won't mention.
[/quote]

Whether it's Bettinardi, Cameron, TP Mills, Scratch or the next flavor of the week, let's do EVERYONE a favor here and keep not only this thread, but ALL those on GolfWRX civil. Has anyone looked not only at the Rules and Term Page, but rather the goals of this site lately? If not, here's a link - http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules We strive to do our best here, but there are times we need to start thinking before we post. I'm talking about everyone here (Mods, Members and even Sponsors). Time to move on. Agreed?

Thank You

The customs from the social were a joke. We were told no 3/4 and then one gets made anyway. That turned me off to Bettinardis along with some other things that I won't mention.
[/quote]

Please tell me more. What 3/4 custom came out and who did it go to?

[quote] I agree with the above two statements wholeheartedly... Ridiculous to assume that you have to "beware" of dealings with Nick because of one instance where he got fired up backing one of his new products. If I was in his position, I'm sure I would've had a difficult time biting my tongue. I have no qualms going forward in purchasing products from Nick and just recently did (two breast cancer headcovers).[/quote]

In response to this, it is more than his reaction in the iphone case thread. You may want to read through all of this thread [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/318340-discriminating-buyerscollectorsenthusiasts-of-putters-putter-terminology-what-does-handmade-mean-hand-milled-tour-proto-really-mean/"]Betti stampings[/url] .Even though a few posts were deleted you will get the point of what mrhills was trying to say.

[quote name='GwrxMod' timestamp='1292351506' post='2840674']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whether it's Bettinardi, Cameron, TP Mills, Scratch or the next flavor of the week, let's do [b]EVERYONE a favor here and keep not only this thread, but ALL those on GolfWRX civil. Has anyone looked not only at the Rules and Term Page, but rather the goals of this site lately?[/b] If not, here's a link - [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]http://www.golfwrx.c...tion=boardrules[/url] We strive to do our best here, but there are times we need to start thinking before we post. I'm talking about everyone here (Mods, Members and even Sponsors). Time to move on. Agreed?

Thank You
[/quote]

You are kidding right? How are either of those posts in violation of the rules? Did I miss a new rule that says one can never speak in a negative light when in comes to a sponsor of the board? Wow actually after re reading the rules I guess I did.

[b][quote]Please respect sponsors. They provide critical financial support which allows the site to remain viable.[/quote]
[/b]
So basically buy from our sponsors, but if they treat you poorly, or fail to deliever as promised you better keep your dang mouth shut?
I get the fact that the board needs sponsors to "remain viable", but I have also noticed that in the last year the website has lost its soul. From what was a fun loving place to come to get answers about all facets of golf has turned into a much angrier place that has become more about revenue than the members. All of the new adds and pop ups to the relentlessness in defending the sponsors even if they are in the wrong, and yes even going as far as pimping their non golf related products.

Taken from the rules and terms page

[b]To be the best, we strive to provide the following…[/b]

[list][*][b]An unbiased community for golf enthusiasts where they can discuss an array of issues with without fear of reprisal.[/b][/list](Unless you have had a negative experience with a sponsor and decide to post it)

In regards to Pure's and TM's posts I think it speaks highly of both of those members that they held their responses in check, because I know for sure that both of them could have really unloaded a bunch more than they did. And in no way shape or form were either one of there posts in violation of any rule other than the we better defend our sponsor rule.

As I said in the I phone case thread based on the actions of that person I would choose not to do business with Bettinardi as a company, and now I have chosen to not renew my clubwrx membership, besides all the new pop up and rollover advertising and sponsorship money can help keep the site "viable"

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Everyone (for the most part) wanted a 3/4 at the social I went to. We were told under no circumstances could there be a 3/4 ordered custom. Then a lefty was made (there are pics on here) as a custom. I think JR spent an entire round of golf begging Bob to make him a 3/4, and he was not successful in getting one. It was a complete joke.

In regards to my post violating rules, I didn't see anything either. I was just posting my personal experience. I didn't call anyone out or anything like that. I didn't know we couldn't speak the truth when it came to Bettinardi.

[quote name='TM golf guy' timestamp='1292391495' post='2841636']
Everyone (for the most part) wanted a 3/4 at the social I went to. We were told under no circumstances could there be a 3/4 ordered custom. Then a lefty was made (there are pics on here) as a custom. I think JR spent an entire round of golf begging Bob to make him a 3/4, and he was not successful in getting one. It was a complete joke.

In regards to my post violating rules, I didn't see anything either. I was just posting my personal experience. I didn't call anyone out or anything like that. I didn't know we couldn't speak the truth when it came to Bettinardi.
[/quote]

Im going to stick up for the leftys on this one. We get stuff they dont ALL the time so to me this is not a big deal. ALL puttermakers will show favoritism to some people maybe its friends or their best customer but its going to happen. It happens in every business and always will. As far as the other stuff I cant comment on that because I dont know what it is :), I will say I feel the Bettinardi community as a whole is great no reason to beware.

[quote name='GwrxMod' timestamp='1292351506' post='2840674']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whether it's Bettinardi, Cameron, TP Mills, Scratch or the next flavor of the week, let's do EVERYONE a favor here and keep not only this thread, but ALL those on GolfWRX civil. Has anyone looked not only at the Rules and Term Page, but rather the goals of this site lately? If not, here's a link - [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]http://www.golfwrx.c...tion=boardrules[/url] We strive to do our best here, but there are times we need to start thinking before we post. I'm talking about everyone here (Mods, Members and even Sponsors). Time to move on. Agreed?

Thank You
[/quote]

Why is everything getting Censored around here all of a sudden. I love the site but let us speak our mind unless it is a PERSONAL or a derogatory insult I dont think its fair to us to have all the posts removed.

[quote name='TM golf guy' timestamp='1292391495' post='2841636']

[/quote]

What was the explanation by Bettinardi after? Just wondering.

It could something as simple as there was an already existing lefty head and no righty heads were planned/in the pipeline or there truly was some favoritism.

Maybe the favoritism was well earned? Maybe it was money talking either way I would love to hear what was given as the reason.

Will, was it the putter on page 7 of this thread (posted by dspisos)? Sweet stick, as is the one you posted right above it.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/252174-bettinardi-fans/page__st__180

in my opinion, bettinardi is free to do as he wishes. If any of us started our own shop, we'd be free to make the decisions. I actually don't like the idea of a custom Bettinardi for multiple reasons....part of what makes a Bettinardi a Bettinardi is the fact that the company is in control of what they make, and the buyer can decide which piece of art (or their creative product) suits their eye and performance needs. If everyone went off and ordered 3/4's (to pick a head design in particular) they would hold a lot less value (real or intrinsic). That does nothing for the Bettinardi brand in the long run, at least as I see it..

Another non-golf example to explain my point better....I don't necessarily care for Van Gogh's paintings. But, if he were still alive today, I wouldn't be asking (telling) him how to paint a new, improved version of Starry Night for me.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Some of you know me as derfellots on puttertalk, and some know me as Cofey. I will chime in.

Venno is a good friend. One of my best. I started as a customer, and slowly over time we became good friends.

I was a customer of Venno's back when he worked at a Cameron distributor. When he changed to be the Bettinardi distributor, I followed him. I followed him out of friendship and loyalty. There is no one better at understanding customer's needs.

Venno is one of the greatest people I know. He is fair and honest, and knows a great deal about how to take care of customers.

If Bob decided to make a lefty 3/4, it is his business. I do not understand why someone would get offended at Venno when Bob makes the decisions on what to make. It is Bob's sandbox, and if he wants to make a putter for one of their number #1 customers, it is his choice. Why someone whould think they deserve or is offended by not getting the same treatment is rediculous.

If you are a customer of Venno or Bobs, and don't demand things like some self indulgent entitled teenager, you will get putters that you like and are special. I do not understand when people say "he got that, so I should too". Don't be a dusch.

[quote name='cofey' timestamp='1292459869' post='2842848']
Some of you know me as derfellots on puttertalk, and some know me as Cofey. I will chime in.

Venno is a good friend. One of my best. I started as a customer, and slowly over time we became good friends.

I was a customer of Venno's back when he worked at a Cameron distributor. When he changed to be the Bettinardi distributor, I followed him. I followed him out of friendship and loyalty. There is no one better at understanding customer's needs.

Venno is one of the greatest people I know. He is fair and honest, and knows a great deal about how to take care of customers.

If Bob decided to make a lefty 3/4, it is his business. I do not understand why someone would get offended at Venno when Bob makes the decisions on what to make. It is Bob's sandbox, and if he wants to make a putter for one of their number #1 customers, it is his choice. Why someone whould think they deserve or is offended by not getting the same treatment is rediculous.

If you are a customer of Venno or Bobs, and don't demand things like some self indulgent entitled teenager, you will get putters that you like and are special. I do not understand when people say "he got that, so I should too". Don't be a dusch.
[/quote]

Great post Cofey! I agree 100% with all points made. Bob not only can, but should do what he wishes and who to do it for.
-Josh

[quote name='bogeyjosh ' timestamp='1292461781' post='2842920']

[/quote]

Great post Cofey! I agree 100% with all points made. Bob not only can, but should do what he wishes and who to do it for.
-Josh
[/quote]

+2

Newsflash. Everybody is not treated the same in life.

Newsflash #2. When you're the boss, you can do whatever you want.

Newsflash #3. Money can't buy everything.

...and always good advice, Cofey. Don't be a ******! :partytime2:

[/quote]

I dont know Venno as a person nor have I done business with him so I cannot fairly comment on him as a person. All I know him by are his posts on here and based on those posts I have made a very simple decision to not do business with him or any company he represents, I stated my piece in the other thread and didnt want to get into an internet pissing contest with him or his supporters, based on other replies in that thread it was clear that I was not alone in my feeling dissapointed at his responses.

You are right Bob is free to do as he chooses, but he and his distrubtors have to deal with those decisions. Personally I really dont care how he decides to run his business as it is his to do as he pleases. However as a former potential customer I can look at those decisions and ask myself is this a company I would want to do business with? Again I personally made that choice not to primarily because of what I said earlier and also I am not a big fan of someone saying one thing then finding out later on that its not the case. I do not want to speak for Pure or TM, but it is fairly obvious that something happend there with Bettinardi as both of those guys were some of the biggest Bettinardi guys on here and now they are not.

It was not meant to be a personal attack on him, part of why I wrote what I did in the Iphone case thread was to allow Venno to step back re evaluate the situation and hopefully realize that going foward maybe there are better ways to handle a situation. Now matter how great we may be at our jobs, without feedback or suggestion it becomes much harder to improve going forward.

Also please keep in mind that when I brought up the piece regarding the new "Rules and Terms" of Golfwrx that is not soley directed at Bettinardi, it goes to all of the sponsors on the board here[b].[/b],

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='xxio' timestamp='1292468727' post='2843117']
Was the lefty custom Mini a result of being ordered at the Social?

Just getting facts.

So from Venno being too outspoken we have gone to Bettinardi being a bad guy to Wrx?
[/quote]

Guys, lets not try and start rumor or stir the pot. Discuss

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='KDMullins' timestamp='1292465077' post='2843018']

[/quote]

-Josh
[/quote]

+2

[/quote]

All points are good ones and points taken.. Also note that when I said I knew more than 1 person who didn't have pleasant or were not 100% satisfied with the "custom" process.. Neither one of them were dealing with Venno. So let me clarify that my post was not an attack or anything of that nature towards Venno or anyone else, simply an observation.

Fred, KDM, Josh, I've never met you guys in person.. I can only speak about what I saw at the Social (when my Betti enthusiasm was at it's peak).. I also did not buy a custom. I agree with the points you made previously.. HOWEVER.. there was a leaflet or flyer that was passed out to all attendees that clarified what you could and could NOT get on a custom if you chose to purchase one. So, there were obviously people that purchased a custom, followed the "rules" that were presented on the custom sheet and paid the same amount of $$ as the other members who were allowed access to other options that were clearly stated they would not do as part of the custom program.

To me, a rule is a rule. If I forked up that amount of cash, it would be my understanding that all others would be following the same or similar rules.. and if an exception was made, I would hope I would at least have a chance at also having that option available to me as well. I can understand the points you guys are making, however.. I tend to also agree with a person who was not also shown the same type of "appreciation" for flying out to Chicago and attending an exclusive event and spending the same amount of money for a good that was understood to abide by the sheet that was passed out to all potential buyers. This is also about the time when the BB0 was in the works.. some knew about it and were able to order it on their customs..some didn't even know what it was.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1292467814' post='2843087']
I dont know Venno as a person nor have I done business with him so I cannot fairly comment on him as a person. All I know him by are his posts on here and based on those posts I have made a very simple decision to not do business with him or any company he represents, I stated my piece in the other thread and didnt want to get into an internet pissing contest with him or his supporters, based on other replies in that thread it was clear that I was not alone in my feeling dissapointed at his responses.

You are right Bob is free to do as he chooses, but he and his distrubtors have to deal with those decisions. Personally I really dont care how he decides to run his business as it is his to do as he pleases. However as a former potential customer I can look at those decisions and ask myself is this a company I would want to do business with? Again I personally made that choice not to primarily because of what I said earlier and also I am not a big fan of someone saying one thing then finding out later on that its not the case. I do not want to speak for Pure or TM, but it is fairly obvious that something happend there with Bettinardi as both of those guys were some of the biggest Bettinardi guys on here and now they are not.

It was not meant to be a personal attack on him, part of why I wrote what I did in the Iphone case thread was to allow Venno to step back re evaluate the situation and hopefully realize that going foward maybe there are better ways to handle a situation. Now matter how great we may be at our jobs, without feedback or suggestion it becomes much harder to improve going forward.

[b]Also please keep in mind that when I brought up the piece regarding the new "Rules and Terms" of Golfwrx that is not soley directed at Bettinardi, it goes to all of the sponsors on the board here.[/b][/quote]

To repond to your statement above, the mods here do indeed support our sponsors as well as they supprt our members. How many times have you seen threads take a turn for the worse when talking about Scotty Cameron? What about Nike? I recall Ari from Scratch was involved in one not so long ago as well. How about all the BST complaints when drpino is getting pinged left and right with members asking for his help? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Case and point is that the negativity around here is getting OLD. It happens year after year right around this time and then all will be fine and dandy when the Masters rolls around in April. The XCEL iPhone case thread took a turn for the worse and to tell you the truth, I probably shouldn't have posted in the first place. I saw the Bettinardi connection and figured some of the collectors may have some interest. I was wrong.

Now, people are continuing to fuel the fire by posting in this thread! It's time to MOVE ON... And what's this about your account not being around much longer? C'mon...are you gonna play that game? You've been around here long enough and knows how this community operates.

If you (or anyone) has further questions/comments/spam feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers!

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1292469235' post='2843137']
[quote name='xxio' timestamp='1292468727' post='2843117']
Was the lefty custom Mini a result of being ordered at the Social?

Just getting facts.

So from Venno being too outspoken we have gone to Bettinardi being a bad guy to Wrx?
[/quote]

Guys, lets not try and start rumor or stir the pot. Discuss
[/quote]

I'm trying to get facts around this custom Mini lefty that seems to have made a few former Bettinardi fans unhappy.

If anyone does have [b]facts[/b] you can PM me if you don't want to discuss openly. I have a feeling there is a misunderstanding/miscommunication in there somewhere.

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1292469712' post='2843157']
[quote name='KDMullins' timestamp='1292465077' post='2843018']

[/quote]

-Josh
[/quote]

+2

[/quote]

All points are good ones and points taken.. Also note that when I said I knew more than 1 person who didn't have pleasant or were not 100% satisfied with the "custom" process.. Neither one of them were dealing with Venno. So let me clarify that my post was not an attack or anything of that nature towards Venno or anyone else, simply an observation.

Fred, KDM, Josh, I've never met you guys in person.. I can only speak about what I saw at the Social (when my Betti enthusiasm was at it's peak).. I also did not buy a custom. I agree with the points you made previously.. HOWEVER.. there was a leaflet or flyer that was passed out to all attendees that clarified what you could and could NOT get on a custom if you chose to purchase one. So, there were obviously people that purchased a custom, followed the "rules" that were presented on the custom sheet and paid the same amount of $$ as the other members who were allowed access to other options that were clearly stated they would not do as part of the custom program.

To me, a rule is a rule. If I forked up that amount of cash, it would be my understanding that all others would be following the same or similar rules.. and if an exception was made, I would hope I would at least have a chance at also having that option available to me as well. I can understand the points you guys are making, however.. I tend to also agree with a person who was not also shown the same type of "appreciation" for flying out to Chicago and attending an exclusive event and spending the same amount of money for a good that was understood to abide by the sheet that was passed out to all potential buyers. This is also about the time when the BB0 was in the works.. some knew about it and were able to order it on their customs..some didn't even know what it was.
[/quote]

I agree with most of this but there are always going to be people that dont have to follow the rules or have more knowledge I mean we do it with diplomatic immunity throughout the country shot of major major crimes many people are let off Scott free for things. Also Bettinardi is not the only one to have this happen another puttermaker that I will not name ( I AM NOT putting him down or getting in to an argument here) has certain people that can get things that others cant. This in no way makes it right in my mind but I guess at this point I just feel like its all around us in the world.

Well here comes my 2 cents, I'm from the same back ground as Fred (Cofey) I've dealt with Nick from my Cameron days. I also know in person a lot of the people on both side of this argument err discussion. When it comes to dealing with Venno he has time and again gone way out of his way to make me happy and is truly a friend of mine.
It's about making relationships in life, as to the whole custom thing I think people are missing a important point here. The lefties in the golf world do not have the same or as many options as righties and some are vocal about it. I think if I was in that boat I'd have a b**** or two. Bettinardi makes a lefty 3/4 for probably his best left handed customer and some right handed customers are upset? Really?
I'm happy for what I get/have and don't begrudge others for what they get.
Pete

Titleist TSR2 9 Fujikura Ventus Blue
Srixon ZX mkll 15 Ventus Red

Taylormade Sim2 Max 19 GD
Srixon ZX 5 MKII 4-AW Nippon
Vokey SM7 54/10

Vokey SM9 59/5

Scotty tri sole Newport 2 ct

Titleist ProV1