WHOA! Nunchuk is the REAL DEAL

GoTime

[quote name='craniac24' timestamp='1317000071' post='3590619']
Great reviews! Do I understand correctly that I wouldn't be able to use this with a bore-thru head design? I have a Titleist 905R. On their site it specifically says to not tip trim this shaft.
[/quote]

Contact them direct. They're very responsive.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='craniac24' timestamp='1317000071' post='3590619']
Great reviews! Do I understand correctly that I wouldn't be able to use this with a bore-thru head design? I have a Titleist 905R. On their site it specifically says to not tip trim this shaft.
[/quote]

Its going to have the effect of tipping the Nunchuk by about 2 inches - unless you convert the 905 to a blind bore, which is very easy to do.

BTW I play a Nunchuk tipped 1 inch and tipping it didnt seem to change the character of the shaft at all. Im thinking about tipping it another inch (before ditching it) as it still kicks very strongly through impact and I still hit the ball a bit too high for my liking. If it doesnt work i will try it as a fairway shaft, which seems to be where it shines for many people who initially raved about it as a driver shaft (including me)

I finally got a chance to hit my Nunchuk in my 910 D3 setup.. first off, it's been 4 1/2 weeks since I have swung any club and with the temps here in Upstate NY in the 80's yesterday I had to get out.

First impressions, did not feel as heavy as I thought it would when swinging, I typically play 70 gram shafts, played Matrix F7M2 LTD most of the season. My normal B2 setting (normal loft, slight draw) was actually a bit too much draw, I hit some hook shots that I never hit that flight.. distance was fair, although again, been weeks since I have hit anything.. I don't think it will be staying with me, as although I hit some good shots that were dead straight, I worked hard this year to be able to work the ball both ways, and I'm not ready to give that up..

I just order another Nunchuck and I will be putting this in my 3 wood.

Question is there anyone know what is the different between the GH2660 and GH2660+.

Thanks
-viper

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

Threw a Chuk in my 910D3 on Saturday, and hit the course Sunday morning having had no practice time with it other than a small bucket of balls before teeing off. The feel is definitely interesting. I like boardy shafts though, so I didn't mind the stiff feel of this shaft.

On course results were simply amazing. I hit 13/14 fairways, and my one miss was by about three yards because I didn't judge the wind correctly. Based on where I was at in relation to my playing partners, I would say distance was on par with other shafts I've tried.

Bottom line....this puppy works!

For us mortals that swing R flex shafts and are not completely convinced that a single flex 100g shaft will be "better", does anybody think the Nunchuk can be simulated with an X-flex shaft of some kind at a lower price? Maybe something around 80g, similar torque and launch profile (whatever that maybe)?

What's in the Swift X?
Ping driver
Callaway fairways
Ping irons
TM ball
SeeMore mFPG

• 1 month later...

I have mixed feelings about the Nunchuk shaft - first, me
HCP-4
Driver Swing speed-105
Ball Flight - high w/slight fade
TaylorMade SuperDeep 9.5
Avg. 260yds

After playing the shaft for 15 rounds I agree the dispersion is tight. Trouble is, I have lost about 10yds from the RIP Alpha 70S I was playing. I have read other reviews that claim the shaft works better in lighter heads. The SuperDeep setup I have is about 220g.

Does the shaft perform better with a lighter clubhead?

[quote name='ski_co' timestamp='1320963179' post='3785305']
I have mixed feelings about the Nunchuk shaft - first, me
HCP-4
Driver Swing speed-105
Ball Flight - high w/slight fade
TaylorMade SuperDeep 9.5
Avg. 260yds

After playing the shaft for 15 rounds I agree the dispersion is tight. Trouble is, I have lost about 10yds from the RIP Alpha 70S I was playing. I have read other reviews that claim the shaft works better in lighter heads. The SuperDeep setup I have is about 220g.

Does the shaft perform better with a lighter clubhead?
[/quote]

The Nunchuk shaft is different than other shafts in that it's very sensitive to length & swing weight. You might find that changing the sw a couple points will result in a impact spot that is up to an inch different on the face.

As for you're set up. You need to loft up with the Nunchuk because the shaft has very little forward bend that all other shafts have creating less effective loft. It's also recommended to play the Nunchuk at around 44" and D2 swing weight (for 44 inches about 207 head weight would be required) So you're setup has a lower loft and a heavier SW than recommended.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered three of these babies and can't wait to test them on the trackman radar and our high speed camera to see what happens to the droop, spin and trajectory!

I am thinking putting it in a G20 head 10,5* which weighs in at 204 grams.

How much would I have to trim the butt to achieve the D2 swing weight, which I understand is the best for this shaft...

Thx!

[quote name='mP_au' timestamp='1325771070' post='4031863']
Keep us updated on the video!
I love my Nunny. Put it up against a 51g butt/tip stiff shaft in a 202 gram head from another manufacturer the other day for two sessions. 1mph better ball speed from the Nunchuk, and 8 yards tighter dispersion. It continues to be the best combo for my 104 mph swing.

[/quote]

Got the shafts today. Installed one in a surefit and a 910 D2 head at 44,5". Can't wait for the epoxy to get dry and start swinging it!

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='cch1976' timestamp='1326285536' post='4063887']
[quote name='mP_au' timestamp='1325771070' post='4031863']
Keep us updated on the video!
I love my Nunny. Put it up against a 51g butt/tip stiff shaft in a 202 gram head from another manufacturer the other day for two sessions. 1mph better ball speed from the Nunchuk, and 8 yards tighter dispersion. It continues to be the best combo for my 104 mph swing.

[/quote]

Got the shafts today. Installed one in a surefit and a 910 D2 head at 44,5". Can't wait for the epoxy to get dry and start swinging it!

[/quote]

Man that epoxy is taking forever to dry.

• 1 month later...

51 as well and have it in an old Cobra SZ440, 10.5 degrees. Dispersion is great is distance is fine. You feel the weight more at address and waggling than you do during the swing.

Maltby STw2 10* Tensei Orange Stiff 46.75"
TourSwing Octane 10.5*  TourSwing Vengeance  44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 16.5* 4 wood
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 19* 3 hybrid 
Bridgestone Access VP-02, 6-AW
Inazone EZ-PZ CNC wedge 52* & 60*
LogicalOne Putter

I'm still happy with mine. I'm long enough (230-250) to play most of the local courses (6300-6600 yards) so dispersion is more important for me. The Nunchuk is great there. I'm looking to try one in a 9* Cobra SZ. They say you should use at least 10.5* loft, but the head I have looks more than 9* so it might work. I found that I just don't seem to have enough SS to use it in lower-spinning driver heads. I've tried it in a few fairway wood heads, but haven't found anything that would take my Wishon 949MC 4 wood /Talamonti X Version 1 out of the bag. If you read some of the other Nunchuk forums around the web, a lot of people like it more in their fairways, but I got inconsistent flight -- with some shots launching way too high -- which surprised me since launch seems very consistent for me with the driver.

LogicalOne Putter

[quote name='ptjn1201' timestamp='1334671757' post='4737286']
I'm still happy with mine. I'm long enough (230-250) to play most of the local courses (6300-6600 yards) so dispersion is more important for me. The Nunchuk is great there. I'm looking to try one in a 9* Cobra SZ. They say you should use at least 10.5* loft, but the head I have looks more than 9* so it might work. I found that I just don't seem to have enough SS to use it in lower-spinning driver heads. I've tried it in a few fairway wood heads, but haven't found anything that would take my Wishon 949MC 4 wood /Talamonti X Version 1 out of the bag. If you read some of the other Nunchuk forums around the web, a lot of people like it more in their fairways, but I got inconsistent flight -- with some shots launching way too high -- which surprised me since launch seems very consistent for me with the driver.
[/quote]
what's your swing speed? i've got a 10.5* G20 I'm thinking of putting it in. swing about 105-108 mph. i think it could be a solid fit for me. I'm fairly high spin and generally prefer drivers about 44.5" long. i fight an earlyish release and get a good bit of forward shaft bend before impact. i also don't mind a little heavier shaft. the shaft on paper makes sense to me in regards to what its supposed to do. I've been hesitant to drop all that cash for a test run, i guess its about time though.

My SS is about 105, and I tend to be higher spin with a flat to negative angle of attack. I grabbed the Cobra SZ440 off the Bay for $170 with the Nunchuk in it at just under 45", thinking I would pull the shaft and put it in something else. But the combination really works for me, so I've been gaming it since. You might get a better bargain buying a club with the Nunchuk in it and then trying it out. If you don't like the feel, you can either pull it and try another head or sell it -- someone will buy it. There usually aren't a lot of them on Ebay at any given time. According to the inventor, Gerry Hogan, you can use extenders in the butt if they're too short -- I read somewhere that he recommended epoxying a short wooden dowel in the shaft and just wrapping tape over the end to match the outside diameter of the butt. So you might be able to get a decent buy on one that somebody has cut down.

LogicalOne Putter

[quote name='ptjn1201' timestamp='1334696312' post='4739878']
My SS is about 105, and I tend to be higher spin with a flat to negative angle of attack. I grabbed the Cobra SZ440 off the Bay for $170 with the Nunchuk in it at just under 45", thinking I would pull the shaft and put it in something else. But the combination really works for me, so I've been gaming it since. You might get a better bargain buying a club with the Nunchuk in it and then trying it out. If you don't like the feel, you can either pull it and try another head or sell it -- someone will buy it. There usually aren't a lot of them on Ebay at any given time. According to the inventor, Gerry Hogan, you can use extenders in the butt if they're too short -- I read somewhere that he recommended epoxying a short wooden dowel in the shaft and just wrapping tape over the end to match the outside diameter of the butt. So you might be able to get a decent buy on one that somebody has cut down.
[/quote]

Yeah I've been looking for a complete club on eBay too. Missed out on a rapture I bid on. They just don't pop up eBay often. Had I know that I would have bid more.

[quote name='bushwood' timestamp='1334698342' post='4740062']
[quote name='ptjn1201' timestamp='1334696312' post='4739878']
[/quote]

Yeah I've been looking for a complete club on eBay too. Missed out on a rapture I bid on. They just don't pop up eBay often. Had I know that I would have bid more.
[/quote]

I gave that Rapture a look as well but decided not to be greedy. Have too many drivers and parts as it is.

LogicalOne Putter

Fwiw I have a fairly high ss (115+)but my playing partner is around 92 mph or so and he loves to hit my D3 set at 8.75* with the nunchuk. He has no problem getting it airborne and his dispersion is much tighter than with his driver.

Edit. I have actually pulled my speeder and put the nunchuk back in after a two month experiment. I really like the feel and find it easy to hit a controllable draw. Mine plays at 44" and I hit several drives Saturday that were GPS confirmed 310+ in wet and light rainy conditions. I'm still looking for something to knock this combo out of the bag.

really interested in this shaft...question i have though, does this shaft inhibit the ability to work the ball (draws and fades) or is that still possible with this shaft?

also what is the recommended length for a proper sw in a 910 d3 i see lots of ppl with them in 910s at varying lenghts

// PING G425 LST 9* //

// COBRA F8+ 16* //
// TITLEIST T100 4-P //

// TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 52* / 58* //
// ODYSSEY 7s //

[quote name='lewis4ace' timestamp='1335285072' post='4781006']
really interested in this shaft...question i have though, does this shaft inhibit the ability to work the ball (draws and fades) or is that still possible with this shaft?

also what is the recommended length for a proper sw in a 910 d3 i see lots of ppl with them in 910s at varying lenghts
[/quote]

I do not have any issues shaping the ball with this shaft. It seems to help eliminate huge misses but I have no problem fading or drawing my tee shots as the holes fit my eye. As far as swingweight I believe it is best to stay around D2-3. I am currently playing my D3 @ 44" I am sure some more knowledgeable members can chime in also.