WHOA! Nunchuk is the REAL DEAL

GoTime

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1313633781' post='3497689']
...Being the [b]pessimistic[/b] skeptic...
[/quote]

Is there any other kind?

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1313633781' post='3497689']
...I made it to the range...Balls that would normally be way right of my imaginary fairway were hitting the right side of the fairway or right rough...

...I am going to start saving for two more to complete my wood/hybrid....
[/quote]

Two words: [b]Honey Moon![/b]

Shouldn't you have a couple rounds on [i]real[/i] fairways before proclaiming something is the "real deal" especially considering what a professed "skeptic" you are!?!

For my money, the Chuk is awesome...but not for everyone. Quick hitting list:

[list]

[*]Guys with SS over a 100 mph will be more likely to like the Chuk than those who don't.
[*]Guys that have trouble controlling spin will [i]love[/i] the Chuk.
[*]The heft (105 grams static weight) does come at a price,i.e. slower swing and ball speeds.
[*]Won't hit your longest drives with it; will likely have longer [i]average[/i] driving distance.
[*]If one plays their driver at 46", the Chuk likely ain't for you.
[*]Will work best for most in 3 wood IMHO because typical length is 43"

[/list]

I'm currently playing one in driver (44.5") and three wood (43"). Regarding hybrid usage, I wouldn't recommend it.

My experience in hybrid was modest. I had two hybrids (Cleveland Halos, 4H) with identical set-ups except for the shafts: Nunchuk versus Fuji 904hb. The Chuk was slightly straighter but launched much higher. Balls would fly high, hit the green, and roll out. High launch, low spin is great for driving but when aiming at greens, it isn't ideal.

The Nunchuk wasn't designed for hybrid usage. Nventix will release hybrid and iron shafts later this year. I imagine the price points won't be $250 per shaft either. If one loves them some Nunchuk, I'd wait for the second generation.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Shouldn't you have a couple rounds on [i]real[/i] fairways before proclaiming something is the "real deal" especially considering what a professed "skeptic" you are!?![/quote]

What's the difference? Were the claims made by nventix that I confirmed on the range fake? Magic? One fairways is 35 yards wide...the other is...35 yards wide...

The guys at Golfspy reviewed this shaft and said it makes a better fairway wood shaft than a driver shaft...... any thoughts on that guys? They gave it alot of praise BTW.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1313680698' post='3498932']
[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1313680166' post='3498890']
Just been to their website to read up on this shaft after seeing this review. Very interesting. Does anyone have the actual specs of this shaft? How heavy is it? Also, what about feel. I like my shafts super smooth i.e. Harrison Saga or my Fuji 660TR. What's the Nunchuck like in this regard?
[/quote]

I think it's over 100g, but incredibly smooth. Smoothest I've tried.
[/quote]

Holy smokes. That is heavy. Can't help thinking a driver shaft this heavy is going to impact negatively on distance, no?

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1313684040' post='3499127']
[quote name='Rugger' timestamp='1313680698' post='3498932']
[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1313680166' post='3498890']
Just been to their website to read up on this shaft after seeing this review. Very interesting. Does anyone have the actual specs of this shaft? How heavy is it? Also, what about feel. I like my shafts super smooth i.e. Harrison Saga or my Fuji 660TR. What's the Nunchuck like in this regard?
[/quote]

I think it's over 100g, but incredibly smooth. Smoothest I've tried.
[/quote]

Holy smokes. That is heavy. Can't help thinking a driver shaft this heavy is going to impact negatively on distance, no?
[/quote]

I hit it further.

[quote name='gqjeff' timestamp='1313694428' post='3499672']
I have one but it's no match for my tp7hd xx tipped and inch. I find if you load it hard it may not be the shaft for you either. Gerry the inventor even says so himself on another forum. He said it's more of a swingers shaft not a hitters.
[/quote]

I load pretty good, nothing crazy though. If this thing can get better for me with easier loading I am even more excited LOL

Im pasting my review from my local site to give you a view from someone whos played 10 rounds :

Another round in the bag and another imposing driving result. 12/13 fairways and all FOUR par 5's in 2. the 478 Par 5 dogleg 12th at Woodbine, took the most aggressive line off the tee I could - knowing that I would be straight and true. Well, my second shot was 110Y. ONE HUNDRED TEN!. This shaft is ridiculous, I just have to share the picture of this drive to show you how much confidence you can have when you know what a driver is going to do off the tee:

screenshot20110817at359.jpg

Then at the last, Par 5 18th - Bam again 250 in the middle. 209 to the flag all carry over water, or use the layup left. So I'm feeling cocky and I pull a 3H - middle of the green!

It certainly does feel odd still compared to my FWY and HY shafts, and it really does like the 11* of loft (thanks to the 910D2 I could switch it when i want) and teeing the ball high.

Now I know the secret, it's stupidly automatic.

I''m thinking of getting the 3W or Hybrid next!

[quote name='Cobra Kai' timestamp='1313711239' post='3500492']
Do you people get deals on this stuff or are you seriously putting $250 shafts in 2-3 different clubs in your bag?
[/quote]

Tell that to the guys that have $1000 shafts in their woods.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

Hit my R11 driver and 3 wood tonight at the range with the nunchuk setup......straightest setup I've hit. I got a couple swings in the 120 range (as hard as I can possibly swing) and the ball went straight as an arrow on a flat medium trajectory. My normal swing is around 107-109 but I just wanted to see the results if I swung as hard as possible.....usually when I do this I slice it off the planet or duck hook it.

The thing I noticed the most was the consistency.....every shot flew on the same mid flat trajectory with low spin. My normal shot with my 83 Blueboard is mid- high with medium spin.

These shafts are the real deal. I will say mine is setup at 45.25 and I could tell had too high of a sw. Choked down about an inch and felt like a million bucks. I had the settings set to standard and a 10gram weight in the heel and a 4 gram weight in the toe. Even though the shaft feels pretty stiff you can feel a kick like sensation through impact.my dad also took a few hits and his SS is around 95 and he hit it very solid as well on a slightly higher trajectory than me.

Initial results are good, can't wait to see if it translates to more fairways on the course.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

I have two Nunchuk shafts. I bought it here on this forum. 2 for 300$. I guess I was lucky.
I tried the shafts for the first time today but I wasnt able to hit anything decent.... I guess I will have to get used to them.

[quote name='Cobra Kai' timestamp='1313711239' post='3500492']
Do you people get deals on this stuff or are you seriously putting $250 shafts in 2-3 different clubs in your bag?
[/quote]

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1313677827' post='3498789']
[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1313677444' post='3498764']
Did anyone go through a fitting session for this? It seems this is a "one shaft fits all", or am I missing something?

Anybody put one in an adjustable head? R9, 11, 910?

I see they have a box for a Promo Code on the order page so I'm curious about the availability of the code. $250 is a tough nut.
[/quote]
There used to be one. Try "Golf Tips" or a few combos of it. It used to work.

EDIT: Go to their FB page and like them. Fill out the info to register and they will send you a promo code.
[/quote]

I get their emails and FB posts bc I liked them.
I have never seen a promo code.
Was that the one for only the $10.00 off ?

[quote name='Swingie' timestamp='1313634583' post='3497734']
Ive been waiting for a real review!!
[/quote]

??:wave:

there are tons of reviews and feedback on this shaft here!

There is also a 90-odd page thread (including regular answers and comments from the designer) @ secretinthedirt: http://secretinthedirt.com/index.php/forum/133-driver-golf-shafts/10941-nunchuk-driver-shaft-unique-concept

@ some of the other posters, im a convert from heavy 44 inch shafts like 83x WB and 105x BB and there is more to Nunchuk than heavy short and stiff. Its not a magic wand but it does share some features in common...

Since changing from 83x WB in my gamer, FIRs, average and max distance have all improved. This is because i get lower overall spin numbers and have fine control over trajectory through small adjustments in spine tilt. I also have the confidence to absolutely smash it.

Because of the heavy counterbalancing it swings lighter than the WB. I also found it to be very sensitive to swing weight changes, with D3 producing a toe oriented impact pattern and D1 heel oriented. Nothing I have gamed so far delivers such consistent center contact.

I sent them a question today about a demo and less than an hour later I got a reply. Picked up a brand new demo with an R9 SuperTri head like I already have and I was off to the range. First thing I noticed was the shaft was the length for a 3-wood. This thing is for real. I'll be taking it to the course Saturday and hope to get a driver length demo to try. If it treats me like the shaft I used today I may have to get both.
I'm probably more skeptical than most so I'll have analysis paralysis before I'm done but if today was an indication of days to come, I'm looking forward to those days.

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1313742144' post='3501493']
The inventor, Gerry Hogan recommends a length of 43.5-44.5". I've just put mine in a r9 head and have it at 44.5, but am prepared to cut it shorter if I have to.

Martinez, has one in his driver and is playing it at 43.25, and is still hitting it a mile.
[/quote]

Then that accounts for this one being 43.5

I just had my first range session today with my nunchuk in my R11. Now I've been sick for the past few days and felt kind of weak so I'm not sure how accurate this feedback is going to be. It definitely feels different when swinging. It's pretty heavy in my opinion. I probably hit 40 balls with it and the majority of them were straight pulls to the left. I hit maybe 10 down the middle. And when I missed it to the right...I missed high and to the right. Wasn't a great session...but like I said...I've been pretty sick. But I just got the nunchuk yesterday and couldnt wait to go hit it. I also tinkered with different launch angles and weights. Hopefully with a few more range sessions I can get it figured out and start putting more balls down the middle.

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1313752319' post='3501569']
[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1313742144' post='3501493']
The inventor, Gerry Hogan recommends a length of 43.5-44.5". I've just put mine in a r9 head and have it at 44.5, but am prepared to cut it shorter if I have to.

Martinez, has one in his driver and is playing it at 43.25, and is still hitting it a mile.
[/quote]

Then that accounts for this one being 43.5
[/quote]

Had this demo measured today at the shop where I got it and it's 43.25 after all.

Also picked up an F11 3-wood with a Nunchuk for demo tomorrow. This could get costly.......

[quote name='Swingie' timestamp='1313701423' post='3500023']
Yup its counterbalanced to feel like a 70g shaft in swing but heavier static weight. And yup, I gotone on the way....look out 7a3,757 and Diamana Blue 83x....
[/quote]

If its simply counterbalanced then wouldn't taking a Tourlock pro 40gram weight and sticking it into the butt end of my 44.5" driver achieve the same setup, ie static weight increase to provide a heavier overall feel ? I play a 65g shaft, so am assuming 40g tourlock pro weight would give me similar static weight increase even if the SW will drop dramatically.

Just curious if only thing done here is counterweighting to bring the static weight up or is there some additional technology that we pay for in $260 price tag.

Would be interesting if there is data to compare Nunchuk against Harrison Shotmaker

[quote name='Jaggie99' timestamp='1313851873' post='3504731']
[quote name='Swingie' timestamp='1313701423' post='3500023']
Yup its counterbalanced to feel like a 70g shaft in swing but heavier static weight. And yup, I gotone on the way....look out 7a3,757 and Diamana Blue 83x....
[/quote]

If its simply counterbalanced then wouldn't taking a Tourlock pro 40gram weight and sticking it into the butt end of my 44.5" driver achieve the same setup, ie static weight increase to provide a heavier overall feel ? I play a 65g shaft, so am assuming 40g tourlock pro weight would give me similar static weight increase even if the SW will drop dramatically.

Just curious if only thing done here is counterweighting to bring the static weight up or is there some additional technology that we pay for in $260 price tag.

Would be interesting if there is data to compare Nunchuk against Harrison Shotmaker
[/quote]

That's not all there is to it.

Im pasting my review from my local site to give you a view from someone whos played 10 rounds :

Another round in the bag and another imposing driving result. 12/13 fairways and all FOUR par 5's in 2. the 478 Par 5 dogleg 12th at Woodbine, took the most aggressive line off the tee I could - knowing that I would be straight and true. Well, my second shot was 110Y. ONE HUNDRED TEN!. This shaft is ridiculous, I just have to share the picture of this drive to show you how much confidence you can have when you know what a driver is going to do off the tee:

screenshot20110817at359.jpg

Then at the last, Par 5 18th - Bam again 250 in the middle. 209 to the flag all carry over water, or use the layup left. So I'm feeling cocky and I pull a 3H - middle of the green!

It certainly does feel odd still compared to my FWY and HY shafts, and it really does like the 11* of loft (thanks to the 910D2 I could switch it when i want) and teeing the ball high.

Now I know the secret, it's stupidly automatic.

I''m thinking of getting the 3W or Hybrid next!

What program are you using?