Jeff's 2012 bag---Ladies Bag added page 8 (stiff flex)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1317776709' post='3625983']
How have you been playing studman?
[/quote]

pretty well lately actually, i joined a new club which is just a beast of a course, and i've been playing some mid 70's golf. If i can stay around 0-1 at this time of the year i'm happy. Put up a 76-75 in the rain and cold this past weekend. I was hoping to get to plus this year but it wasn't meant to be. Once i get to plus i'm going to just join the PGA tour, i figure that's basically how good those guys are.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Will you guys still be friends with me if i buy TA7 gunmetals? I'm literally [i]this close[/i] to doing it.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='DGolferx15' timestamp='1317780866' post='3626385']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1317779515' post='3626257']
Will you guys still be friends with me if i buy TA7 gunmetals? I'm literally [i]this close[/i] to doing it.
[/quote]

Of course we will who would dare question you? you elite golfer you!
[/quote]

Speak for yourself. I will NOT be friends with you unless you buy Titleist.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

there's really no cache value in playing Titleist. My main goal is to play something somewhat obscure, talk about it incessantly, and convince several people here to buy the same clubs in order to prove my status as alpha dog of golfwrx. In the past people just played what pure745 did, but he's going down. Are you out there Pure? Next year all of your precious Yonex fanboys will be playing Clevelands. Mwahahahahahaha.....(pause)....mwhahahahahah

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

TA7's??? You need to go the polar opposite now and get some player blades to offset all the SGI'ness.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[/quote]

remember what happened the last time you cheated on your fat, ugly, wide soled girlfriend?

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

[quote name='minhjn' timestamp='1317963481' post='3637737']
[/quote]

remember what happened the last time you cheated on your fat, ugly, wide soled girlfriend?
[/quote]

i do....crap, i better not change. Once again you are the voice of reason

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Didn't you used to play a pink nv to "be like Bubba?" Sweet bag man. I'm thinking about adding a rusty 60* instead of the eye 2. Love rusted wedges

Ping G15 10.5* w/ Prolaunch Red S
Ping G15 18.5* w/ Prolite fairway X
Ping G10 21* w/ Oban Revenge S
Ping i15 4-W w/ PX satin 6.0
Ping Tour S 52* & 56*, Eye 2 60*
Ping Anser 2 Pat. Pending Black satin

• 1 month later...

[quote name='HoosierHacker89' timestamp='1322688277' post='3872511']
someone needs to update his witb photos. I want to see those 2.0's
[/quote]

tonight my man!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

i just got a flashback to the year 2001 when i saw the proforce v2, NV, Pershing, and the 757

also your pom covers don't match your bag. you know that they have to match in order to be considered a playa.

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

[quote name='minhjn' timestamp='1322705397' post='3873805']
i just got a flashback to the year 2001 when i saw the proforce v2, NV, Pershing, and the 757

also your pom covers don't match your bag. you know that they have to match in order to be considered a playa.
[/quote]

the V2 and the NV are tour issued! Cmon that gets me some cred right? And the 757 and Pershing were ummm...issued directly to me, via ebay, after i paid money for them.

i got a great deal on those rockettours. It matched enough to not be worth the extra 20-30$. That difference paid for the full bottle of icelandia vodka that i'm drinking right now.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There's 12 people reading this right now. Cmon guys make a comment. OK, no loitering in my thread. Don't just come here and smoke or something. You opened this thread, now make a comment OK.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Ok, I think I am game to ask you a few questions...here they are:

1. What do you look for in the clubs you play? For example why would you choose a certain iron/wood over another?

2. Do you find that your scores improve after you change clubs?

3. How do you determine when to change to new club? Is it based on looks or some other factor?

4. When you do switch a club or clubs, how long do you test out the new clubs and what do you do to test them?

5. Have you ever picked a club(s) to test out and then after trying it said this is not what I thought it would be? If yes, then did you go back to what you had before?

Thanks for all of the info you post. Everything you post is a good read.

[b][color=#000080]Driver[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]M3; 10[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]3 Wood[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby KE4 Tour TC; 16[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Hybrid 1[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Mizuno Fli-Hi; 21[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Hybrid 2[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]5 iron to PW[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby MMB[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Wedge 1[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Wedge 2[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Maltby CER; 56[/i][/color]
[color=#000080]Wedge 3[/color] - [i][color=#0000cd]Callaway PM Wedge; 64[/color][/i]
[color=#000080]Putter[/color] - [color=#0000cd][i]Ping Zing 2[/i][/color][/b]

[quote name='S.A. OSO' timestamp='1322709587' post='3874205']

1. What do you look for in the clubs you play? For example why would you choose a certain iron/wood over another?

3. How do you determine when to change to new club? Is it based on looks or some other factor?

4. When you do switch a club or clubs, how long do you test out the new clubs and what do you do to test them?

5. Have you ever picked a club(s) to test out and then after trying it said this is not what I thought it would be? If yes, then did you go back to what you had before?

[/quote]

hmmmm, let me have at these:

1) Forgiveness but appealing to look at and playable. Irons i'm very picky with what i'm looking for which is offset and forgiveness, with reasonably small soles. But woods i'll play just about anything but need it to be reasonably low launching because i balloon woods

2) When i switched to my G15 irons a few years ago, yes my scores improved. And also when i switched to heavier putters. No driver or 3 wood or wedges has really improved my game

3) When i've hit too many bad shots with it that's it's all i remember at address. Or when for some unknown reason i just lose the desire to hit them (G15's that's what happened basically)

4) Irons and putters i test out....everything else i just buy it because it looks cool and hope it performs. (i've owned probably 15 drivers the last 2 years...you can get them cheap so i take flyers on them

5) A few times, most recent was probably the Adams Fast 10 3 wood. I couldn't keep that under the troposphere even with a XPP8. I loved the look and hoped it would be a new version of the BTY but it was not. I also can't get used to the feel of Yes putters. They just feel dull to me. I also expected to love the Fubuki Tour shaft and hated it, the way it kicked made it feel very loose to me.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1322703251' post='3873639']
[/quote]

tonight my man!
[/quote]

There you go! Nice bag and sponsorless? Not for long! Love the bag man. Sexy as can be but I've gotta admit I miss seeing ping fill the bag. Vert well done sir. Hope that iwi is treating you well. I had one in the 1/2 craz-e Nd miss it

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1322703251' post='3873639']
[/quote]

tonight my man!
[/quote]

There you go! Nice bag and sponsorless? Not for long! Love the bag man. Sexy as can be but I've gotta admit I miss seeing ping fill the bag. Vert well done sir. Hope that iwi is treating you well. I had one in the 1/2 craz-e Nd miss it

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

I didn't even realize you had that hybrid in there til i just took a second look. How's the new clubs treating you? I assume the weather sucks there so that is a dumb question, but if you've been out how you liking them.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Jeff: Are you a Martin Kaymer fan? Thought you might be, what with the Deutsch Rocket Tours and all. wink.gif

Nice setup. I've tried all kinds of other irons and I keep coming back to my copper ISIs...

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1322712554' post='3874443']
[quote name='S.A. OSO' timestamp='1322709587' post='3874205']

[/quote]

hmmmm, let me have at these:

1) Forgiveness but appealing to look at and playable. Irons i'm very picky with what i'm looking for which is offset and forgiveness, with reasonably small soles. But woods i'll play just about anything but need it to be reasonably low launching because i balloon woods

2) When i switched to my G15 irons a few years ago, yes my scores improved. And also when i switched to heavier putters. No driver or 3 wood or wedges has really improved my game

3) When i've hit too many bad shots with it that's it's all i remember at address. Or when for some unknown reason i just lose the desire to hit them (G15's that's what happened basically)

4) Irons and putters i test out....everything else i just buy it because it looks cool and hope it performs. (i've owned probably 15 drivers the last 2 years...you can get them cheap so i take flyers on them

5) A few times, most recent was probably the Adams Fast 10 3 wood. I couldn't keep that under the troposphere even with a XPP8. I loved the look and hoped it would be a new version of the BTY but it was not. I also can't get used to the feel of Yes putters. They just feel dull to me. I also expected to love the Fubuki Tour shaft and hated it, the way it kicked made it feel very loose to me.
[/quote]

I had a superfast with a fubuki tour TP shaft in it, and felt like i hit it all over the place. I thought it would be great for my swing, and the active tip would help me out a bit. It punished me, and i traded that driver after 2 rounds on it. I have a vs proto tipped in my Rapture V2 which seems to be doing to trick. Really been working on my swing here lately, and i am liking the Vs proto Rapture v2 combo a lot. That being said i just had to buy a 983K with a speeder. Always wanted one and got one mint for really cheap, and it even has that awesome sock headcover.

Anyways aside from my rambling...how you liking that IWI. I have the karsten craz-e and i am considering something with an insert that is heavier. I will either get a craz e with the weight kit or a 2 ball and a roll of lead tape. Ill pack that cavity full just like yang used to do.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Hoosier, to answer your question (and the other person who asked about the burners), i guess i was trying to keep my feelings on them on the DL for the moment just because i don't want people to just think it's a honeymoon thing. But i'm hitting the crap out of them. Everything with a nice little power fade which is my shot. The trajectory is more penetrating then the G's and the forgiveness isn't that much worse. The biggest difference is low on the face, but you can't have it both ways. Part of the reason the G's fell out of favor was because the sole was a bit big for very firm surfaces. The 2.0's are just as forgiving towards the toe or heel but thin shots suffer worse. I'm very happy though.

I actually may play the 3 iron instead of the hybrid, the Burner 3 iron essentially being a 2 iron. Depends how well i hit it off grass....there's a few holes where i need a safe play off the tee as my course is pretty tight. So whichever i can hit 220-230 and straight will be the one.

as far as the Ping IWI it was a great find, i got it earlier in the year new for 75$ new. It works perfect for me because it's heavy (370g head) and is a nice counter to my Deschamps blade. I rotate back and forth but towards the end of the year just made everything with the ping. It's very different then the deschamps in feel too. It just depends how i feel, i still use both.

actually have a TM SuperTri with a HOF shaft that i just got too....can't wait to hit that.

Deschamps Crisp Antique