2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tour players who smoke

A.G.Blade

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ClevelandBaller' timestamp='1350745341' post='5820797']
Daly. Lickliter. Angel Cabrera quit but I remember the one US Open he won he was basically chain smoking. A lot of the caddies smoke. A ton of players use dip or chewing tobacco.
[/quote]

saying a ton dip is a little vague and exaggerated, and no one with a head on their shoulders would ever do it.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='Bonesaw' timestamp='1350783197' post='5822591']
[quote name='Paul Stewart Jones' timestamp='1350758018' post='5821397']
A lot of guys I see chewy'ing dip which is just as bad as smoking.... Duval used to be a winter green man.
[/quote]

smoking is way worse than dipping health-wise. Spitting is gross I guess.

I would guess Anthony Kim smokes, maybe not cigs though.
[/quote]

Dipping is VERY bad health wise. What are you basing your information on?

Hope you didn't each a big lunch.... [url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&cp=19&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=smokeless+tobacco+cancer&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=35466521&ion=1&biw=1198&bih=721&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=qm-EUILYKZOu8ATom4HIAw"]http://www.google.co...YKZOu8ATom4HIAw[/url]

looks really healthy.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='jbrunone' timestamp='1350856111' post='5824939']
[quote name='Sir Larry Wildman' timestamp='1349211640' post='5739801']
Played four years of DIII golf at a private, liberal arts college in the Northeast
[/quote]
[quote name='laxbc101' timestamp='1350845927' post='5824353']
Who dips? Other than Dufner?
[/quote]

DJ
Tiger use too
[/quote]

Stricks?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='stryper' timestamp='1350835698' post='5823987']
[quote name='nightwalker' timestamp='1350778652' post='5822309']
[quote name='A.G.Blade' timestamp='1350749938' post='5820991']
I bet there are no LPGA players that smoke. But is that it for the PGA?
[/quote]

There are several LPGA players who smoke. Working behind the scenes was enlightening.
[/quote]

I had already assumed this to be true...names?
[/quote]

I'm not going to name anyone because they go through a lot of effort to hide it from the sponsors.

Adams 9015d 9.5 Speeder 665TS
Mizuno MP650 15* Phenom 70g S
Exotics CB Proh 3i, 4i Fuel TP S
Adams CB2 5-GW Recoil 125 F5
Nike X3X 52*, 58* Recoil 125 F5
Odyssey Backstryke Blade 34"

Duf, Pat Perez, Chris Couch, Kris Blanks, DJ, Hunter Mahan use to, Justin Hicks, JB Holmes use to, Tiger use to, Garrigus, Brian Harmon, Chris Dimarco, Brian Gay, Duval, Boo packs FATTYS, and Woody Austin dip or use too. That's all I can name off the top of my head. Sean Foley ALWAYS has a lipper in as well.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1350896043' post='5826677']
[quote name='swbyps' timestamp='1350753567' post='5821199']
[quote name='PaddyK' timestamp='1350750706' post='5821029']
darren clarke likes a fag or two.
[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]

I find it hilarious when the words of a Brit are lost in translation by a guy in Texas.
[/quote]

A friend of mine (male) once asked an American (male) whether it's ok to wear thongs to a club, it was really awkward until we told him thongs mean flip flops

[quote name='nightwalker' timestamp='1350880576' post='5826385']
[quote name='stryper' timestamp='1350835698' post='5823987']
[quote name='nightwalker' timestamp='1350778652' post='5822309']
[quote name='A.G.Blade' timestamp='1350749938' post='5820991']
I bet there are no LPGA players that smoke. But is that it for the PGA?
[/quote]

There are several LPGA players who smoke. Working behind the scenes was enlightening.
[/quote]

I had already assumed this to be true...names?
[/quote]

I'm not going to name anyone because they go through a lot of effort to hide it from the sponsors.
[/quote]

Not sure I understand why sponsors would care all that much...concealing it from their adoring young fans (do the LPGA girls even have those?), I completely get. :dntknw:

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

It doesn't bother me if someone smokes or dips that's on you. But I would love to see the look on one of the roving green jackets at Augusta National catching a peek at one of the guys who dips spitting up and down the fairway then throwing his lipper on the ground. Those guys might have a heart attack.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1350909334' post='5826975']
The day is coming, and it isn't that far off, that smoking will be banned at most golf courses in the US. Hopefully we will see the PGA make a move to make this mandatory at all its tour events and for all the players and staff.
[/quote]

I don't see that happening outside of PGA events. For one thing, it's not realistically enforceable. For another, golf courses can't afford to alienate players in the current economy. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1350894052' post='5826667']
Duf, Pat Perez, Chris Couch, Kris Blanks, DJ, Hunter Mahan use to, Justin Hicks, JB Holmes use to, Tiger use to, Garrigus, Brian Harmon, Chris Dimarco, Brian Gay, Duval, Boo packs FATTYS, and Woody Austin dip or use too. That's all I can name off the top of my head. Sean Foley ALWAYS has a lipper in as well.
[/quote]

Ik you would be able to name them all of all people onwrx! Thanks

[quote name='WilCox' timestamp='1350912643' post='5827137']
The day is coming, and it isn't that far off, that smoking will be banned at most golf courses in the US. Hopefully we will see the PGA make a move to make this mandatory at all its tour events and for all the players and staff.
[/quote]

I don't see that happening outside of PGA events. For one thing, it's not realistically enforceable. For another, golf courses can't afford to alienate players in the current economy. Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

[size=4]Would you think it ever would have been banned at outdoor stadiums, concerts, air shows etc. etc.? At Comerica Park for example, tobacco addicts still have a few designated places they can indulge in, but other than that you can't. Attendance doesn't seem to have went down, and as a non smoker it's great again to go to the games and not have to be by a chimney. Rumor is Leyland is going to quit after this season if they win the WS, or should I say when :)[/size]
[size=4]Look, if Pro Golfers are stupid enough to invite cancer, so be it. But I absolutely cringe whenever I see it on television. It would be nice if at a minimum the golf courses set up a place that tobacco addicts could go to handle there addiction out of the public eye until they can get past it. Kids are impressionable and seeing a pro golfer doing something like that can be enough for some to think it's ok. The sad thing is, smoking is designed to addict people instantly so many times before parents, friends, or anyone else can help them they already are addicted.[/size]

[size=4]If anyone else is interested in learning more, I'm part of an organization called XXX They have been tremendously helpful for myself and a handful of other members at a local course that we pushing to make the change to be a tobacco free environment.[/size]

[size=4]If any of you are interested in helping expand the boundaries for a smoke free America please check it out. Myself and others have been lobbying them vary hard to atr a minimum inter act and get some talks going with the PGA tour and see what can be done. I guarantee if we start talking to tour sponsors and get them to buy in, they will take notice very fast.[/size]

I think high fructose corn syrup is in many ways more dangerous than tobacco.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

[/quote]

Why would you want to ban smoking on a golf course? At any given time you don't have to be anywhere near a smoker. Considering most laws requires smoking to be 8 feet from a restaraunt door, there is plenty of distance on a golf course and there is basically zero effect on a non-smoker. And its unenforceable. You are not supposed to urinate in public and see how well that is enforced on a golf course. YOu are also not supposed to smoke dope anywhere, that is also enforced on a golf course. Give me a effin break, the thought of banning smokes on a course is a total joke. Signed a non-smoker.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1350914643' post='5827239']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[size=4]Would you think it ever would have been banned at outdoor stadiums, concerts, air shows etc. etc.? [/size]
[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but those places employ a small army of security people, marshalls, etc to enforce the restriction as part of their assigned duties. That's just not economically feasible at most golf courses.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1350915916' post='5827313']
Tell these bad asses they cant smoke on a course, yeah right. I think I might buy a pack just cause these guys look so cool... lol.
[/quote]

I have no plans to buy a pack because of these two and I hope no kids do either.....but I still think this is one of the coolest golf pics of all time

Callaway Rogue SZ Fuji Pro Tour Spec 75
Callaway XR with Fubuki J
Titleist 712U - Steelfiber i110
Callaway Apex MB - Steelfiber i110
Callaway MD5 54, 58, 62 Modus 120
Odyssesy White Hot #8

[quote name='WilCox' timestamp='1350916376' post='5827359']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[size=4]Would you think it ever would have been banned at outdoor stadiums, concerts, air shows etc. etc.? [/size]
[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but those places employ a small army of security people, marshalls, etc to enforce the restriction as part of their assigned duties. That's just not economically feasible at most golf courses.
[/quote]

[size=4]Again, look at the places the ban is already in effect. When it’s made a law it becomes very simple, if people do it you call the police. Are there enough police to enforce the speed limit on every piece of road? Of course not, but sooner or later if you break the law it catches up with you. If they ban smoking at a golf course, you revoke a member’s membership if they are caught, with no refund. If a guest does it, it then reflects on the member. If it’s a public course, and a law was put into place, you would simply call the police and have the person arrested. It’s no different than what you see at bars now in Michigan. Last time I was at a Tiger’s game I saw a man removed because he was smoking in the stadium. This was done by the police, not security.[/size]
[size=4] [/size]
[size=4]Trust me, this is coming, and it’s only a matter of time. My group is in no way the only one pushing for this. There are several organizations lobbying the PGA tour as we speak to do something about this. Smokeless is a harder fight to make, but for cigarettes it’s an easy argument and I would guess in 5 years or less it will be gone from most golf courses. Is anyone really seeing smokers’ rights extended anywhere? Most people have had enough of their lives being affected by tobacco addicts.[/size]

This is exactly what we need- those who serve and protect to start responding to calls regarding those who smoke on golf courses. After all, its not as if they have anything better to do. I suppose they can just hire a whole new agencies' worth of people to do nothing but drive from course to course, binoculars in hand, waiting to slap the cuffs on those miscreants who dare take a puff. Our state and local governments are flush with cash- they can certainly afford to do this. Not to mention the open docket space on in every judges court room- what's a little backlog in the system? I say we start with Detroit- they seem to have nothing but time and a boatload of cash to implement this program. Not only can they create bigger government, they can attempt to do away with one of the largest tax revenues out there...

Look, if you have enough members to start a non smoking golf club, I say do it! Perhaps you'll see some sort of grassroots movement across the country because of such thinking. Me, I'm willing to bet a large sum of money on the over regarding your "five years or less" notion that smoking will be banned on most golf courses...

[quote name='WilburnLong' timestamp='1350911238' post='5827073']
It doesn't bother me if someone smokes or dips that's on you. But I would love to see the look on one of the roving green jackets at Augusta National catching a peek at one of the guys who dips spitting up and down the fairway then throwing his lipper on the ground. Those guys might have a heart attack.
[/quote]
That's why they make pouches, nice and concealable ;)

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1350917167' post='5827399']
[quote name='WilCox' timestamp='1350916376' post='5827359']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[size=4]Trust me, this is coming, and it’s only a matter of time. ...and I would guess in 5 years or less it will be gone from most golf courses. [/size]
[/quote]

Sorry, I just don't see that happening. Can you really see a police car rolling up to the local muni and hauling someone off for smoking on the course? The police have far bigger issues to deal with than that.

We have to agree to disagree.

[quote name='WilburnLong' timestamp='1350911238' post='5827073']
[/quote]

Anyone from the South will be glad to tell you that America and the South was built from Tobacco.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip