anyone else dislike playing at private clubs?

there are many members here that are very obviously NOT country club material...

...but that's ok--to each his own...

but please don't knock those of us who ARE....

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fourmyle, you would be more than welcome at our club. You can literally park by the first tee, take your clubs out of the trunk and go. We are old time golf, 9 holes only, but a very nice course, no bar, no grill or dining room, no monthly minimums, although a cart shed costs $400.00 a year. Our dues, however, are only $65.00 a month and it costs a cool $125.00 to join. I play probably 200 rounds a year, so it costs me about $5.00 a round. NO ONE has ever felt uncomfortable being here or playing here. When I play as a guest, I always have my shirt tucked in, the good pants or shorts, but sometimes I do change shoes in the parking lot. The only time I've been uncomfortable at a club was a time my group had to play with an asst pro and he spent most of the round complaining about his game and offering unsolicited swing tips.

I hate the i paid to belong here and i am going to go as slow as i can attitude.

Those member drive me nuts!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='farmer' timestamp='1356491328' post='6117047']
Fourmyle, you would be more than welcome at our club. You can literally park by the first tee, take your clubs out of the trunk and go. We are old time golf, 9 holes only, but a very nice course, no bar, no grill or dining room, no monthly minimums, although a cart shed costs $400.00 a year. Our dues, however, are only $65.00 a month and it costs a cool $125.00 to join. I play probably 200 rounds a year, so it costs me about $5.00 a round. NO ONE has ever felt uncomfortable being here or playing here. When I play as a guest, I always have my shirt tucked in, the good pants or shorts, but sometimes I do change shoes in the parking lot. The only time I've been uncomfortable at a club was a time my group had to play with an asst pro and he spent most of the round complaining about his game and offering unsolicited swing tips.
[/quote]

Now that's what I'm talking about!

As I've probably said too many times, I run into clubs like that when visiting the UK but they're few and far between nowadays around here.

[quote name='BizPro' timestamp='1356735405' post='6131139']
You're probably in the wrong state. Clubs like Farmer's are all over rural Iowa, though many do have a bar & grill or dining room and some of those have monthly minimums. But my guess is he lives somewhere in the Midwest - and you can take his nickname literally.
[/quote]

Yep. I grew up in Iowa and just about every town had at least a nine hole course.

Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

[quote name='KDMullins' timestamp='1354999438' post='6039001']
[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1354996881' post='6038865']
Just be careful not to confuse "poor social skills" with "not liking certain environments".

I used to work in a place where everyone wore a suit and tie. Not only that, about 99% of the men were wearing starched white dress shirts and either gray or dark blue suits with muted-color ties and black Oxford shoes. That was OK for the couple of years I happened to work at that firm but I made a mental note to myself "Don't take any more jobs at suit-and-tie places". My "social skills" were perfectly able to cope with dressing like a 50's-vintage IBM salesman but I was distinctly uncomfortable in that environment (the otherwise outstanding opportunity that job represented made the discomfort worthwhile).

I've visited golf clubs where not withstanding the excellence of the course and the enjoyment of spending the day with my host, I was none the less uncomfortable with one aspect or another of the rod-up-their-arse elaborately complicated manner everyone conducted themselves. There's nothing wrong with pointing out "Man, those places make me real uncomfortable" and by saying so I am not making any claim about the member's morals or standing in judgement on their value system. I'm simply saying there are other places to play golf that are much more comfortable for me.

Just like most places I've worked in the 25 years since that Suit-and-Tie Brigade job back in the 80's have been more comfortable for me. I'm not saying I'm superior to someone who dresses in a suit for work but someone dressing in a suit sure as heck doesn't make them superior to me, either!
[/quote]

Amen brother. Different strokes for different folks. The fact is when people make statements to the effect that a golf club (or anywhere else) is too formal/stuffy for them, a lot of rich folks (or people who pretend they're rich folks) jump to the conclusion that this person must not be able to afford whatever place it is that perpetuates this formal/stuffy environment because, after all, who wouldn't love this place. Fact is, alot of people (including alot of rich folks) just flat out don't like that type of environment (at least not all the time), and they'd rather hang out someplace else.
[/quote]

^^^This^^^

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

This past year I joined a private club and I ended up having the most fun golfing that I can remember. Every private club is going to be different and have rules that highlight what is important to them. The club I joined seems to be more focused on fun and family, which is very important to me. They have a dress code, but its not stuffy. Cargos with a collared shirt is acceptable and that's how I roll all summer so it works for me. The point is, not every private club is suited to everyone. I'm sure there are many that I wouldn't enjoy, but just like most things in life... Find what works for you and enjoy it!

I have found this thread to be very interesting. I am a member at a private club -- actually just switched from one private club to another -- and I very much enjoy the experience.

I like that the golf course is almost always in great shape. I like that the pace of play is fast. And I like that there aren't many jerks. We have a really good classic golf course that was designed by a name designer, we have a great range and a nice clubhouse/locker room. The beer is cold, the food is above average.

If people feel uncomfortable about going to private clubs, that's unfortunate. I can't imagine that is what your host wants.

When I have guests out, I like to send them an email ahead of time that answers key questions such as what time I'm going to get there, where I'll meet them, if they are paying do I want them to pay in the shop or do I want them to give me cash. I give them the cell phone rules. If they're coming from work during the week, I let them know that they can put stuff in my locker. That kind of stuff.

Basically I try to provide the expectations so there aren't any questions or uncomfortable situations.

If you're going somewhere as a guest, I think it is totally fine to ask questions of your host ahead of time. Drop them an email a couple of days ahead of time and talk about where to meet, ask if there are any weird rules about dress code, ask what the guest fee is if that's appropriate. If you're taking caddies, find out what the rate/tip is so you can have enough cash.

I think discussing that ahead of time helps everybody have a good time.

Driver: Ping G430 LST
3W, 5W, 7W: Ping G430

Irons: Titleist T200 5-P
Wedges: Vokey SM9 50, 56, 60
Putter: Bettinardi QB6 with fit-face

Any club, private or not, is only as good as it's members. And all will have some you'd prefer not to hang with. The really nice thing about it is, you will find those you do enjoy playing with and hopefully those players that will challenge you to get better.

Most of my good friends are not golfers, so I spent a lot of years playing alone or with strangers. Neither helped me improve my game. I joined a great member owned private CC about 6 years ago. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I do understand the feelings some of you have described. But it really is one of those things you need to see (if possible) from both sides before understanding or judging it.

I take guys out often, and it's my job as their host, to be sure the experience is great for them. It's also my responsibility to let them know what is acceptable. The fact is, my club is always if awesome condition because it's cared for properly and the members are the ones who police that. I want all that come out to love it there as much as I do.

I can go over and get the first tee time, play alone and walk it and have a whole course to myself, when I want. I can get a match anytime. I can bring 7 friends out for a full day of golf and drinks. And if I only have 30 minutes or so to fit something in, I can go over to the range (which is pretty spectacular) and work on any part of my game.

What it all came down to for me is I wanted to play more and play better. Joining a CC forced me to play more to make sure I got my moneys worth. Nothing worse than writing out that check each month and having not played enough to justify it (HATE WINTER.) If you can afford it and play enough, it's a great experience.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

• 2 years later...

[quote name='ChipDriver' timestamp='1354606943' post='6015885']
[quote name='4thand11' timestamp='1354573895' post='6013749']
So I am most definitely not in the income bracket where I can afford a private club membership... however I've been invited as a guest several times and never really liked the experience. Perhaps it is just intimidation on my part, fear that I'll break some rule of etiquette of which I am not aware. But I don't really understand all the unwritten rules and I think they take away from the fun of the game.

A couple things I've noticed (at least at the private clubs I've played at, maybe these are not typical):

-You can't use a push/pull cart. Either ride a motorized cart or else have a caddy. Nothing against the caddies who all seem like very nice kids, but shouldn't a paying club member have the option to use a Clicgear cart if that's how he prefers to play golf? A caddy requires yet another tip and also adds another level of intimidation for hackers, who might just as soon not have another person around to watch them play lousy.

-rules about eating/drinking. When I play at my muni I pack a small cooler with gatorade, water, snacks, sometimes even a sandwich, etc. At the private club this seems to be a big faux pas. The only option is to buy things from the cart girl. Once again I have nothing against the cart girls, I just don't always want what they have to sell (and it also has to be charged to the account of the member who invited me, which makes me hesitate since as his guest I don't want to abuse his generosity).

-Clothing rules such as no putting on your shoes in the parking lot. OK I get it, they have a nice locker room, but what is the harm if a guest just puts on his golf shoes at his car? My first time I arrived at the club before the member who invited me, and I was unaware of this rule. A club employee (caddy master I guess) came up and told me rather snidely that I should take my golf shoes and wait for the member in the locker room.

-Way too much tipping and etiquette involved in who to tip, how much, who not to tip, etc... tip the caddy master, tip the caddy, tip the kid who takes the clubs out of your trunk, tip the kid who puts the clubs back in your trunk... again I don't mind tipping them for their service, but it brings in yet another intimidation factor for non-members who are not sure who/what they should be tipping. I think a lot of guests probably overtip simply because they are afraid they will look cheap to the members or staff of the club.

I realize there are many, many great things about a private club and since I am not a member of one perhaps I am just not used to some of the rules. But I would think some of the rules even get annoying to the actual members. I think even if I hit the lottery one day, I'll keep playing on my local muni where I can use my push cart and not tuck my shirt in if I don't want to.
[/quote]

I think your opinions are perfectly valid and for some people they don't find a value to the amenities that some clubs offer.

Just a suggestion - look at a country club similar to the way you'd look at a hotel. Make sense? That's how I look at it anyways. It's like a place to have a vacation - but you don't actually have to travel very far to get there. The more amenities and the nicer the "hotel" is - probably the more tipping and "etiquette" required. Next time you go - just call the front desk a few days beforehand and they'll tell you the rules they'd employ - and it will be less of a shock to you.

Hopefully you will enjoy your round better.
[/quote] That is a very fair assessment. I had never looked at it that way. I always felt like the Country club was more of a "home game" having been invited to work there and given many unusual playing privs that most caddies do not get at other clubs . Now that I'm older - I miss the 2 1/2 hour rounds on the cart with the Club Pro. Playing with a Club pro at most courses requires quite a $ investment either in lessons or Money games.

[quote name='ChipDriver' timestamp='1354606943' post='6015885']
[quote name='4thand11' timestamp='1354573895' post='6013749']
So I am most definitely not in the income bracket where I can afford a private club membership... however I've been invited as a guest several times and never really liked the experience. Perhaps it is just intimidation on my part, fear that I'll break some rule of etiquette of which I am not aware. But I don't really understand all the unwritten rules and I think they take away from the fun of the game.

A couple things I've noticed (at least at the private clubs I've played at, maybe these are not typical):

-You can't use a push/pull cart. Either ride a motorized cart or else have a caddy. Nothing against the caddies who all seem like very nice kids, but shouldn't a paying club member have the option to use a Clicgear cart if that's how he prefers to play golf? A caddy requires yet another tip and also adds another level of intimidation for hackers, who might just as soon not have another person around to watch them play lousy.

-rules about eating/drinking. When I play at my muni I pack a small cooler with gatorade, water, snacks, sometimes even a sandwich, etc. At the private club this seems to be a big faux pas. The only option is to buy things from the cart girl. Once again I have nothing against the cart girls, I just don't always want what they have to sell (and it also has to be charged to the account of the member who invited me, which makes me hesitate since as his guest I don't want to abuse his generosity).

-Clothing rules such as no putting on your shoes in the parking lot. OK I get it, they have a nice locker room, but what is the harm if a guest just puts on his golf shoes at his car? My first time I arrived at the club before the member who invited me, and I was unaware of this rule. A club employee (caddy master I guess) came up and told me rather snidely that I should take my golf shoes and wait for the member in the locker room.

-Way too much tipping and etiquette involved in who to tip, how much, who not to tip, etc... tip the caddy master, tip the caddy, tip the kid who takes the clubs out of your trunk, tip the kid who puts the clubs back in your trunk... again I don't mind tipping them for their service, but it brings in yet another intimidation factor for non-members who are not sure who/what they should be tipping. I think a lot of guests probably overtip simply because they are afraid they will look cheap to the members or staff of the club.

I realize there are many, many great things about a private club and since I am not a member of one perhaps I am just not used to some of the rules. But I would think some of the rules even get annoying to the actual members. I think even if I hit the lottery one day, I'll keep playing on my local muni where I can use my push cart and not tuck my shirt in if I don't want to.
[/quote]

I think your opinions are perfectly valid and for some people they don't find a value to the amenities that some clubs offer.

Just a suggestion - look at a country club similar to the way you'd look at a hotel. Make sense? That's how I look at it anyways. It's like a place to have a vacation - but you don't actually have to travel very far to get there. The more amenities and the nicer the "hotel" is - probably the more tipping and "etiquette" required. Next time you go - just call the front desk a few days beforehand and they'll tell you the rules they'd employ - and it will be less of a shock to you.

Hopefully you will enjoy your round better.
[/quote] That is a very fair assessment. I had never looked at it that way. I always felt like the Country club was more of a "home game" having been invited to work there and given many unusual playing privs that most caddies do not get at other clubs . Now that I'm older - I miss the 2 1/2 hour rounds on the cart with the Club Pro. Playing with a Club pro at most courses requires quite a $ investment either in lessons or Money games.

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1354578930' post='6014107']
Last time a played an elite country club I was rudely told to put my cell phone away... while TEXTING my Dad happy birthday!
What a joke! Upon getting to the parking lot, I again took out my phone and was again told to put it away.

There were hardly any people on the course as well. I would not fit in at a high end country club. I want to be able to go out and play in cargo shorts and a shirt, heck, I shot my lowest round ever in cargo shorts and a crewneck sweatshirt.

I get that they have their own set of rules that they can enforce but some rules just seem over the top.

I also find that even though service is top notch at private club (with the exception of some), people are way more freindly at public courses.
[/quote]

I played at a course earlier this week. No cell phones were allowed and what a pleasure it was. It was made clear that if I took my cell phone out on the course, I would be asked to leave.

Some of us are glad to be away from this plague, where people have the need to check their texts and emails every five minutes. It is a horrible addiction, good to be in a place where you get a reprieve from it all. I am an exec with a large company, my partner is a corporate attorney, somehow the world survived with our phones off for 4 hours.

Could you not have texted your dad before or after you got to the club?. That is the most humerous part of this post. It first occured to you to text your dad when you got to the club?. LOL! My dad is 85 years old, every birthday is special, it warrants a warm phone call, not a cold mechanical text.

People playing in cargo shorts and sweatshirts are an eyesore. That is why you have municipal courses. It is nice to be around people who dress nicely and conduct themselves with some decorum. Every course has a right to make their rules, and if someone does not like the rules, they just need to stay home. I am not a slob, don't like being around slobs, We tend to act the way we dress. At many of the upscale clubs I play, you do not see litter, ball marks are repaired, and traps are raked. This is not the case at some public courses. So make your choice!

Last time a played an elite country club I was rudely told to put my cell phone away... while TEXTING my Dad happy birthday!
What a joke! Upon getting to the parking lot, I again took out my phone and was again told to put it away.

There were hardly any people on the course as well. I would not fit in at a high end country club. I want to be able to go out and play in cargo shorts and a shirt, heck, I shot my lowest round ever in cargo shorts and a crewneck sweatshirt.

I get that they have their own set of rules that they can enforce but some rules just seem over the top.

I also find that even though service is top notch at private club (with the exception of some), people are way more freindly at public courses.
[/quote]

I played at a course earlier this week. No cell phones were allowed and what a pleasure it was. It was made clear that if I took my cell phone out on the course, I would be asked to leave.

Some of us are glad to be away from this plague, where people have the need to check their texts and emails every five minutes. It is a horrible addiction, good to be in a place where you get a reprieve from it all. I am an exec with a large company, my partner is a corporate attorney, somehow the world survived with our phones off for 4 hours.

Could you not have texted your dad before or after you got to the club?. That is the most humerous part of this post. It first occured to you to text your dad when you got to the club?. LOL! My dad is 85 years old, every birthday is special, it warrants a warm phone call, not a cold mechanical text.

People playing in cargo shorts and sweatshirts are an eyesore. That is why you have municipal courses. It is nice to be around people who dress nicely and conduct themselves with some decorum. Every course has a right to make their rules, and if someone does not like the rules, they just need to stay home. I am not a slob, don't like being around slobs, We tend to act the way we dress. At many of the upscale clubs I play, you do not see litter, ball marks are repaired, and traps are raked. This is not the case at some public courses. So make your choice!

Every club has their own rules to follow. I have played many private clubs and never had an experience like yours. After playing all these private clubs it kills me to go play many of the public ones in the area solely for the course conditions.

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

Every club has their own rules to follow. I have played many private clubs and never had an experience like yours. After playing all these private clubs it kills me to go play many of the public ones in the area solely for the course conditions.

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

[quote name='saltrunner' timestamp='1354579130' post='6014123']If your need to pack your own lunch box to play a round of golf then perhaps your not Private Club material .....[/quote]

Not sure if that's deliberately dickish or poorly played wit.

If you can not figure out the basic rules of English grammar and punctuation ("your not?" Seriously?) then perhaps you're not public forum material.

[quote name='saltrunner' timestamp='1354579130' post='6014123']If your need to pack your own lunch box to play a round of golf then perhaps your not Private Club material .....[/quote]

Not sure if that's deliberately dickish or poorly played wit.

If you can not figure out the basic rules of English grammar and punctuation ("your not?" Seriously?) then perhaps you're not public forum material.

[quote name='Hammerboy' timestamp='1429365619' post='11386545']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow. Judgmental much? An eyesore, slobs?

I've seen plenty of people dressed nicely that were total schmucks. And plenty of guys in cargos that were an absolute pleasure to play with.

It's good to revive a three old thread with some good, old fashioned snobbery!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've seen plenty of people dressed nicely that were total schmucks. And plenty of guys in cargos that were an absolute pleasure to play with.

It's good to revive a three old thread with some good, old fashioned snobbery!

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1429370659' post='11386829']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's good to revive a three three old thread with some good, old fashioned snobbery!
[/quote]

Not judgemental at all. Things are what they are.

Play courses populated by players in cargo shorts and tank tops, and compare that to the experience where there is a dress code and some basic rules of decorum, like limits on cell phones and coolers. You will most likely have superior conditions at the later, along with less waiting before each shot, and greater pride with repairing ballmarks, raking traps, etc. There are exceptions, but many do act the way they dress. And cell phones have no place on the course for 99% of the players out there. You might think you are important and the world stops if you ignore a text, believe me it does not. Most of you are not surgeons, politicians, or corporate CEOs. you are working stiffs. The earth still rotates if you put your cell phone away for 4 hours.

I frequently play a friends club where cell phones are not allowed. It is a blessing to have peace and quiet, and not see players checking their emails and texts every minute. It is an addiction, no better than drinking or drugs, and it is a pleasure to be away from such stupidity. It is distracting, and takes away from the experience. You pay for this privilege, it is worth every cent to be away from those who have this horrible addiction, if they could only see how stupid they look, they cannot put these devices down. It might make them feel important, to get all these texts and emails, if this is how you define your importance that is very sad. There are clubs out there that could care less about cell phone use , dress codes, etc. Have at it please, I will take the private club experience with rules about cell phones and dress any day.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1429370659' post='11386829']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's good to revive a three three old thread with some good, old fashioned snobbery!
[/quote]

Not judgemental at all. Things are what they are.

Play courses populated by players in cargo shorts and tank tops, and compare that to the experience where there is a dress code and some basic rules of decorum, like limits on cell phones and coolers. You will most likely have superior conditions at the later, along with less waiting before each shot, and greater pride with repairing ballmarks, raking traps, etc. There are exceptions, but many do act the way they dress. And cell phones have no place on the course for 99% of the players out there. You might think you are important and the world stops if you ignore a text, believe me it does not. Most of you are not surgeons, politicians, or corporate CEOs. you are working stiffs. The earth still rotates if you put your cell phone away for 4 hours.

I frequently play a friends club where cell phones are not allowed. It is a blessing to have peace and quiet, and not see players checking their emails and texts every minute. It is an addiction, no better than drinking or drugs, and it is a pleasure to be away from such stupidity. It is distracting, and takes away from the experience. You pay for this privilege, it is worth every cent to be away from those who have this horrible addiction, if they could only see how stupid they look, they cannot put these devices down. It might make them feel important, to get all these texts and emails, if this is how you define your importance that is very sad. There are clubs out there that could care less about cell phone use , dress codes, etc. Have at it please, I will take the private club experience with rules about cell phones and dress any day.

Is this golf heaven? No, it's Iowa.

I live in a town of 7000 people. We have two 18-hole courses. I played yesterday with two friends and we took our time getting around the course, total time 2 hours 45 minutes. Tee time--what's that? Show up and play. Want to practice chipping and putting? You can use the practice green, or just go out after dinner and hit practice chips on the different greens. You get the idea.

Is this golf heaven? No, it's Iowa.

I live in a town of 7000 people. We have two 18-hole courses. I played yesterday with two friends and we took our time getting around the course, total time 2 hours 45 minutes. Tee time--what's that? Show up and play. Want to practice chipping and putting? You can use the practice green, or just go out after dinner and hit practice chips on the different greens. You get the idea.

[quote name='tiger7377' timestamp='1429330335' post='11385475']
That is a very fair assessment. I had never looked at it that way. I always felt like the Country club was more of a "home game" having been invited to work there and given many unusual playing privs that most caddies do not get at other clubs . Now that I'm older - I miss the 2 1/2 hour rounds on the cart with the Club Pro. Playing with a Club pro at most courses requires quite a $ investment either in lessons or Money games.
[/quote]

Dear Mr. tiger7377

Welcome to GolfWRX. Just a suggestion, please consider choosing more current threads to participate in rather than resurrect dead topics that are 3 years old. 5 posts, 4 zombie threads.

That is a very fair assessment. I had never looked at it that way. I always felt like the Country club was more of a "home game" having been invited to work there and given many unusual playing privs that most caddies do not get at other clubs . Now that I'm older - I miss the 2 1/2 hour rounds on the cart with the Club Pro. Playing with a Club pro at most courses requires quite a $ investment either in lessons or Money games.
[/quote]

Dear Mr. tiger7377

Welcome to GolfWRX. Just a suggestion, please consider choosing more current threads to participate in rather than resurrect dead topics that are 3 years old. 5 posts, 4 zombie threads.

[quote name='teejaywhy' timestamp='1429401042' post='11388853']
[/quote]

Dear Mr. tiger7377

[/quote]

I don't want to start a thing here, but maybe the most common complaint I see on WRX is posters complaining that a newby has started a thread rather than using the search function and contributing in an existing thread. I'd say Mr Tiger did well.

[quote name='teejaywhy' timestamp='1429401042' post='11388853']
[/quote]

Dear Mr. tiger7377

[/quote]

I don't want to start a thing here, but maybe the most common complaint I see on WRX is posters complaining that a newby has started a thread rather than using the search function and contributing in an existing thread. I'd say Mr Tiger did well.