2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

All doubts vanquished. These things are stupid long!,

Grapehunter

[quote name='mallrat' timestamp='1357887573' post='6208505']
Gotta be honest, this thread is what's wrong with this forum.

A guy comes on here and tries to give people some feedback or his opinion on a product. It turns into basically a boat load of people calling him a liar.

Who cares. Don't comment if you don't have anything productive to add.

To the OP thanks for taking your time to write out your opinion. To those slagging him, well I'd hope you have better things to do.
[/quote]

^^ Comments like this are worse, still.

Why should the OP not be called out for believing the obviously bogus figures from the simulator? In order to hit a 7 iron 250ish, you would have to generate club head speed close to Jamie Sadlowski. Since he did not put a hole in the screen like JS did the Golf Channel's, I think it's safe to assume the sim was jacked.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mwkbmw' timestamp='1357929893' post='6210757']

A guy comes on here and tries to give people some feedback or his opinion on a product. It turns into basically a boat load of people calling him a liar.

To the OP thanks for taking your time to write out your opinion. To those slagging him, well I'd hope you have better things to do.
[/quote]

Why should the OP not be called out for believing the obviously bogus figures from the simulator? In order to hit a 7 iron 250ish, you would have to generate club head speed close to Jamie Sadlowski. Since he did not put a hole in the screen like JS did the Golf Channel's, I think it's safe to assume the sim was jacked.
[/quote]

Actually I used to work at a facility that had batting cages and a golf simulator. With my long driver I put a hole through the net, through the 4 layers of canvas backdrop and half way through a 1/2 plywood ad board behind it. Haters gonna hate.

I play with a group of low capers 5 and below. Out driver them with my 3 wood, about even with my 5 wood, driver I'm usually 50-80 yards carry past them.

Hole 15 at my local course is a 327 yard par 4 from the tips. I one hopped it onto the green.

I could go on and on but what's the point. I'm sure ill get more comments after this post about how full of crap I am. Do I care? Nope. Pretty used to people not believing the distance I have in my golf game until they see it themselves.

I'm not the longest by far but I'm certainly above average. Plenty of people out there that hit it further than I do.

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1357938971' post='6211573']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually I used to work at a facility that had batting cages and a golf simulator. With my long driver I put a hole through the net, through the 4 layers of canvas backdrop and half way through a 1/2 plywood ad board behind it. Haters gonna hate.

I play with a group of low capers 5 and below. Out driver them with my 3 wood, about even with my 5 wood, driver I'm usually 50-80 yards carry past them.

Hole 15 at my local course is a 327 yard par 4 from the tips. I one hopped it onto the green.

I could go on and on but what's the point. I'm sure ill get more comments after this post about how full of crap I am. Do I care? Nope. Pretty used to people not believing the distance I have in my golf game until they see it themselves.

I'm not the longest by far but I'm certainly above average. Plenty of people out there that hit it further than I do.
[/quote]

Ok...that's fair.

On another note...let's assume these are your irons for 2013...Based on hitting the 7 iron that far...Take us through your entire bag, each club's distance and talk about how you'd deal with the gaps....

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1357944637' post='6212019']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok...that's fair.

On another note...let's assume these are your irons for 2013...Based on hitting the 7 iron that far...Take us through your entire bag, each club's distance and talk about how you'd deal with the gaps....
[/quote]

I would t deal with the gaps. In my OP I stated that I would t want irons that travel that far because of wedge gaping issues.

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

i demoed the rocketbladez too. was a full club longer but that's only because the 6-iron has the loft of a 5 iron. they are pretty easy to hit and definitely have one of the greatest cast club feel i've ever hit.

the profile is nicer and more compact than the burner irons and rbz irons. nothing too chunky and without the horrible offset. would definitely recommend these irons but for me, i'm staying with my mizuno jpx-800 pros.

With my long driver I put a hole through the net, through the 4 layers of canvas backdrop and half way through a 1/2 plywood ad board behind it. Haters gonna hate.[/quote]
[list]
[*]Putting a golf ball through a net? Big deal.
[*]Putting one through 4 layers of canvas? That is like going through the legs of two pairs of jeans. I'm impressed.
[*]And since all that didn't slow the ball down...... it still puts a quarter inch hole in a piece of plywood. WOW, you really are amazing.
[/list]
I'm not hating, but I'm telling ya..... I'm not believing it for a second.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

With my long driver I put a hole through the net, through the 4 layers of canvas backdrop and half way through a 1/2 plywood ad board behind it. Haters gonna hate.

• Putting a golf ball through a net? Big deal.
  • Putting one through 4 layers of canvas? That is like going through the legs of two pairs of jeans. I'm impressed.
  • And since all that didn't slow the ball down...... it still puts a quarter inch hole in a piece of plywood. WOW, you really are amazing.

I'm not hating, but I'm telling ya..... I'm not believing it for a second.

Found a pic of the ball breaking through the various barriers when it happened. Hard to tell how many layers of canvas in the pic but point is I can sling a club at a decent pace. Believe if you want or don't. Tired of all the hatters on this forum.

2hrnw4x.jpg

[quote name='idrive' timestamp='1357971238' post='6214001']
Did I miss what shaft was in these clubs?
[/quote]

Here are the OP's specs:

The secret is Zolex 21st Century metal thats 300% harder than titanium, yet twice as light. Add to that a patented Triplekick Smartshaft that increases club speed by 25%, G force technology that optimizes centrifugal and club head speed, an aerodynamic jet wing design and a 10-degree launching angle, and you have a club that cant be beat.

POWWWW!

TD

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1357437655' post='6175519']
[quote name='V1XBallBuster4' timestamp='1357436698' post='6175453']
I love it when all these hacks in this forum think that hitting a rocketbladez 7 iron 240 is a bunch of BS and don't believe it's possible. Everyone thinks that only the guys on tour are golf gods and only they hit it that far long and are the only ones that can hit it a ridiculous distance. It just really chaps my a$$, because my golf buddy and I are about a 2 handicap. When he starts talking about the pga tour pros he acts like they are from a different planet and our pansy 290 to 300 yard drives don't even come close to what those guys can hit. Let me play right before a pga tour event on the course when it's tournament ready and those 290 yards drives will be like 320 with roll. Let me just say that if your clubhead speed is 115 or above with the driver, YES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HIT A ROCKETBLADEZ 7 IRON 230 to 240. THE SIMULATORS AT GOLFSMITH ARE NOT JACKED UP. IT'S FUNNY HOW IT'S USUALLY THE HACKS THAT ARE ALWAYS SAYING THE SIMULATORS ARE JACKED UP. I ALSO NOTICED IT'S THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ROCKETBLADEZ HAVING JACKED UP LOFTS. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT'S JACKED UP. WHY DON'T YOU JACK UP YOUR CAR AND POST PICS OF IT JACKED UP AND THEN WE CAN TRULY SAY SOMETHING IS REALLY JACKED UP.
[/quote]

POST OF THE YEAR.
[/quote]

Even though it is only January..... this really IS the Post of the Year! :cheesy:

I love this forum!!!

TD

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1357962252' post='6213393']

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1357944637' post='6212019']
Ok...that's fair.

[/quote]

[b]I wouldn't deal with the gaps. In my OP I stated that I wouldn't want irons that travel that far because of wedge gapping issues.[/b]
[/quote]

Another SERIOUS contender for Post of the Year.

We are off to a great start this year! :lol:

TD

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I once hit a golf ball thru a cement wall. Killed a guy.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

...Tired of all the hatters on this forum.

Now, now, what did Luton Town FC and their supporters ever do to you

mascot%20luton.jpg

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1357973509' post='6214095']
Found a pic of the ball breaking through the various barriers when it happened. Hard to tell how many layers of canvas in the pic but point is I can sling a club at a decent pace. Believe if you want or don't. Tired of all the hatters on this forum.
[/quote]

Look, we GET it. Yes, there are guys who can generate tremendous clubhead speed BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Forgive me if you already answered this but I'm not going back over the 80% of moronic posts on this thread to re-check.

How do YOU explain the difference ?

You swung a 6-iron and hit it about 205 (if I remember) ? And you swung the RBZ 7-iron(same loft as the other 6 I believe) and hit it 40 yards further. Presumably you're comparing (roughly) the same swingspeed and flush contact,,,,,,,

So what do YOU attribute the additional 40 yards to ? What has TM found ? What causes said miracle ?

TIA :hi:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1358036772' post='6217335']
[/quote]

Look, we GET it. Yes, there are guys who can generate tremendous clubhead speed BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Forgive me if you already answered this but I'm not going back over the 80% of moronic posts on this thread to re-check.

You swung a 6-iron and hit it about 305 (if I remember) ? And you swung the RBZ 7-iron(same loft as the other 6 I believe) and hit it 40 yards further. Presumably you're comparing (roughly) the same swingspeed and flush contact,,,,,,,

So what do YOU attribute the additional 40 yards to ? What has TM found ? What causes said miracle ?

[/quote]

Just to clarify... The 6 iron distance was in the 200 yard range. Not 300 :) get enough flack for stating high numbers but to answer your question....

I don't know what TM has done to attain these kinds of distances. It could very well be that the simulator was "Jacked" as so many have stated but 50 yards jacked?

As much as people doubt that the Rocketbladez 7 iron went that far (which is again very understandable) I doubt that the simulator could possibly be 50 yards jacked up.

Lets just say for a minute that the simulator is jacked. Even if you subtract 20 yards off the 7 iron distance. 230 yards is still flipping huge for a 7 OR a 6 iron. And I still say I wouldn't want irons that go that far. Creates too many holes in the bag but for those who need the distance boost. Should give them a try.

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1358055809' post='6218647']
Lets just say for a minute that the simulator is jacked. Even if you subtract 20 yards off the 7 iron distance. 230 yards is still flipping huge for a 7 OR a 6 iron. And I still say I wouldn't want irons that go that far. Creates too many holes in the bag but for those who need the distance boost. Should give them a try.
[/quote]

OK, that is much better. 230 with a 7-iron is more reasonable.

For a minute there I was worried that you might be exaggerating.

TD

i *kinda believe the OP's claims of distance increases as i had a very similar experience with the Cobra AMP Forged at the Golf Mart.

i often bring my own 6 iron in (i20 CFS Stiff +1/2") when i check out irons to validate against the current gamer like the OP did (which keeps getting overlooked in the replies).

so, after warming up, i asked my buddy at the store if i could try out the Cobra AMP forged iron (standard KBS Tour Stiff+). he taped it up and then let me do my thing. first shot - 220 yards (total). next one 224. WOW! i looked at the club to check if it wasn't a 3i or 4i and it was indeed the 6i. then proceeded to hit the next 7 or 8 shots 220-234 yds (total). i couldn't believe it since my current 6i is 185-195 tops!

like the OP, i tried out my personal Ping 6i on the same machine. sure enough, consistent distance and landing spot (2 yd draw) at 180-190.

i called my bud over to watch and asked him to set the simulator to default (sea level and 70 degrees) and he mentioned that it was at default settings already.

then i tried the Cobra AMP forged again to the same results - 220 yds with the occasional bomb at 233.

What the FUGG happened? so, he looked at the club and said that the tape he put on removed the spin. once he took off the tape and let me hit again, the same Cobra 6i came back down to reality. 190-195 yds tops.

i tell this story because it's quite possible since the OP was hitting demo clubs that the Rocketballz he picked up had the same thick, clear tape. i wonder if removed, what his numbers would show.

just a thought....

Callaway Rogue ST LS 9* Ventus Blue Velo TR 6s                        Titleist TSi3 9* Tour AD-TP 6s

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w 15* - Tour AD-DI 7s                 Titleist TSi3 3w 16.5* Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist 910h 19* Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s                                        Titleist TSi2 19*  Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s
2021 Titleist T100s 5-GW w/ MMT 95s                                          Ping i25 5-PW w/ C Taper 120s

Callaway PM Grind/ 54*/ 60*                                                          Scratch DW 50*, TM MG High Toe 56*/ 60*        
Bettinardi Queen B #10 Tiffany                                                       Scotty Cameron California Fastback                                             

Wow. 230 yard 6 and 7-irons must be nice.

Just so you know what one of us skeptics look like.....I'm 6'7, played professional baseball for 11 years, and generally hit the ball pretty far according to most people I play with.

Every once in a blue moon, I even shoot under par....... but I could NEVER hope to hit the ball that far with a 6 or 7-iron.

I guess I should start looking for some tape! lol

TD

[quote name='Tim Delgado' timestamp='1358073859' post='6219071'] Wow. 230 yard 6 and 7-irons must be nice. Just so you know what one of us skeptics look like.....I'm 6'7, played professional baseball for 11 years, and generally hit the ball pretty far according to most people I play with. Every once in a blue moon, I even shoot under par....... but I could NEVER hope to hit the ball that far with a 6 or 7-iron. I guess I should start looking for some tape! lol TD [/quote]

I can vouch for Tim--he can hit it long; I'm with him on this one...

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='Tim Delgado' timestamp='1358073859' post='6219071']
Wow. 230 yard 6 and 7-irons must be nice.

Just so you know what one of us skeptics look like.....I'm 6'7, played professional baseball for 11 years, and generally hit the ball pretty far according to most people I play with.

Every once in a blue moon, I even shoot under par....... but I could NEVER hope to hit the ball that far with a 6 or 7-iron.

I guess I should start looking for some tape! lol

TD
[/quote]

all i was suggesting is, that the thick clear tape they use to protect their new clubs made a significant difference when applied that could also help justify a 40 yard increase to an iron. never mind the overall distance - just that difference with or without tape.

i think tom wishon mentioned in one of his previous articles that some simulators can accurately measure spin, where others can not. he sort of mentioned that the sims used at Golfsmith, GG, Dicks, etc likely have the sims that use lasers or cameras as opposed to doppler. and the sims that are unable to accurately measure spin could definitely will spew out strange numbers....

like the OP and i have seen.

Callaway Rogue ST LS 9* Ventus Blue Velo TR 6s                        Titleist TSi3 9* Tour AD-TP 6s

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w 15* - Tour AD-DI 7s                 Titleist TSi3 3w 16.5* Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist 910h 19* Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s                                        Titleist TSi2 19*  Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s
2021 Titleist T100s 5-GW w/ MMT 95s                                          Ping i25 5-PW w/ C Taper 120s

Callaway PM Grind/ 54*/ 60*                                                          Scratch DW 50*, TM MG High Toe 56*/ 60*        
Bettinardi Queen B #10 Tiffany                                                       Scotty Cameron California Fastback                                             

I hit my PING i10 7 iron 300 yards..................it actually went 140 yards to the right and then about 160 yards down over a cliff into a river........and it's loft isn't even jacked! Top that! :swoon:

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1358055809' post='6218647']
[quote name='gopherguts' timestamp='1358036772' post='6217335']
[/quote]

You swung a 6-iron and hit it about 305 (if I remember) ? And you swung the RBZ 7-iron(same loft as the other 6 I believe) and hit it 40 yards further. Presumably you're comparing (roughly) the same swingspeed and flush contact,,,,,,,

[/quote]

Just to clarify... The 6 iron distance was in the 200 yard range. Not 300 :) get enough flack for stating high numbers but to answer your question....

I don't know what TM has done to attain these kinds of distances. It could very well be that the simulator was "Jacked" as so many have stated but 50 yards jacked?

As much as people doubt that the Rocketbladez 7 iron went that far (which is again very understandable) I doubt that the simulator could possibly be 50 yards jacked up.

[/quote]
[sigh]

Sorry about the typo. Yes, I meant 205.

But didn't YOU yourself say you hit these clubs back-to-back on the SAME simulator ?

If so, and nobody "played" with it in between each club, then JACKED OR NOT it would still be a 40 yard difference.

So the same question still holds - Given the loft of the 6 and RBZ 7 were approximately the same and, assuming the clubs were roughly the same length, what could have caused the 40 yard difference between those 2 clubs ?

(As an FYI I gave the RBZ a quick try a couple of times and saw ZERO difference (or at least an indiscernible one) between like lofted clubs.)

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1358100831' post='6220255']
[quote name='Tim Delgado' timestamp='1358073859' post='6219071'] Wow. 230 yard 6 and 7-irons must be nice. Just so you know what one of us skeptics look like.....I'm 6'7, played professional baseball for 11 years, and generally hit the ball pretty far according to most people I play with. Every once in a blue moon, I even shoot under par....... but I could NEVER hope to hit the ball that far with a 6 or 7-iron. I guess I should start looking for some tape! lol TD [/quote]

I can vouch for Tim--he can hit it long; I'm with him on this one...
[/quote]I can vouch for AUDuffer vouching for Tim hitting it long. I'm with them on this one...

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*