Girl Golfer TaylorMade M2 P790 , Spider Webs , & Autism

My youngest son is Autistic so this thread has a special meaning to me. Congratulations on all your success.

We're big Daniel Bryan fans. Met him at Comic-Con and he was nicer than we could have hoped.

Callaway BB DBD 9* Aldila Rogue 60 X
Callaway X Hot 15* Fubuki AX 75 X
Titleist 913H 19* Diamana S+ 82 HY S
2013 Callaway X-Forged 4-PW PXi 6.0
Callaway Jaws 54/60/64 Dynamic Gold S300
Odyssey White Damascus iX 9 HT 33"
WITB Link

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go and kick some a$$!

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• 2 months later...

[quote name='rymail00' timestamp='1400716455' post='9342887']
Go and kick some a$$!
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Nots so much on that front. I did update my pictures for my clubs this year. I haves nots played in much. The surgery still has me feeling nots so motivated. There is also depression issues ands my swing was feeling too forced until this past week. I haves a new instructor ands we are finally just enhancings my creativity with shots. He goes by ball flights ands suggests small tidbits alongs the way. I do nots try to hit it straight very often , it bores me ands i lose focus. Plus i cannots *see* straight on the course.[/color]

[color=#800080]I did win the club championship at my new club ands one sectional / regional event. My avatar is a picture froms that tournament.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1407041071' post='9844099']
Go and kick some a$$!
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Nots so much on that front. I did update my pictures for my clubs this year. I haves nots played in much. The surgery still has me feeling nots so motivated. There is also depression issues ands my swing was feeling too forced until this past week. I haves a new instructor ands we are finally just enhancings my creativity with shots. He goes by ball flights ands suggests small tidbits alongs the way. I do nots try to hit it straight very often , it bores me ands i lose focus. Plus i cannots *see* straight on the course.[/color]

[color=#800080]I did win the club championship at my new club ands one sectional / regional event. My avatar is a picture froms that tournament.[/color]
[/quote]A Club Championship and a Sectional/Regional event is a nice year for most Players.

That's what makes you Special Sammy-

You are not most Players!

You are Special-

The best with your new teacher with your swing and your upcoming events!!

Have a great week Sammy :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1407331591' post='9869421']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1407041071' post='9844099']
Go and kick some a$$!
[/quote]

[/quote]A Club Championship and a Sectional/Regional event is a nice year for most Players.

That's what makes you Special Sammy-

You are not most Players!

You are Special-

The best with your new teacher with your swing and your upcoming events!!

Have a great week Sammy :)

Richard
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I was goings to try q-school , but it was too last minutes. This year seems likes a waste to me , but getting back to full strengths is still a work in progress. My swing is really good right now , but i haves no competitive spirit this year. I may try a couple more regional things ands a couple club events. My dad saids he will call abouts the Monday qualifiers for the rest of the year ands if any are kinds of close , we could do that for fun and the experience of it. [/color]

[color=#800080]I tried some bigger things , had some meltdowns ands learned some things. It was basically a rebuilding year for me. The new instructor is nice , he lets me be creative. I like to shape the balls around the course. Plus i really likes my new equipment. I thought TaylorMade had the best stuff this year. Ands those SpeedBlade long irons are really surprising for how good they perform. I also finally gots the right shafts , lies , ands lengths for my swings.[/color]

The new clubs are 'out of this world' Goobers. I'm really diggin' the space theme.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1407364726' post='9874495']
The new clubs are 'out of this world' Goobers. I'm really diggin' the space theme.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I was wondering if somebody woulds go with that one. They came outs really cool ands a lot of peoples like it when they see it. I know some on here woulds say distracting likes the 1 millimeter of offset or thicker topline. I put a lot of thought into the designs. I will finish outs the year ands hopefully be all ready to go for next year. This year was a struggle all arounds.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1407385450' post='9876783']
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I was wondering if somebody woulds go with that one. They came outs really cool ands a lot of peoples like it when they see it. I know some on here woulds say distracting likes the 1 millimeter of offset or thicker topline. I put a lot of thought into the designs. I will finish outs the year ands hopefully be all ready to go for next year. This year was a struggle all arounds.[/color]
[/quote]

What's distracting to one individual is appealing to another. You would be hard pressed to find another bag like yours. It's the same reason I tinker with paint-fill and purchased custom head covers.

I'm sorry to read that the season has been such a struggle physically, but it sounds like you've kept everything in perspective.

Wishing you well.

PD.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Goobers,

I just showed your bag to my four year old son Ethan. He loves the colours and is a fan of spiders, flames and aliens. He just asked me if we could decorate my golf clubs with 'spooky stuff'. He helps to mark all of my balls so we'll see what he comes up with.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

The new gear looks amazing Sammy. Congrats on the recent wins as well as the many more that are sure to come. I would totally game some of your designs, especially the webs on the shafts.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1407418088' post='9878193']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1407385450' post='9876783']
[/quote]

[/quote]

What's distracting to one individual is appealing to another. You would be hard pressed to find another bag like yours. It's the same reason I tinker with paint-fill and purchased custom head covers.

I'm sorry to read that the season has been such a struggle physically, but it sounds like you've kept everything in perspective.

Wishing you well.

PD.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]You never know how long the body needs after surgery. I wanted to rush it , but i likes my swing ands approach to golf now. The bigger stuffs will haves to wait for next year.[/color]

The custom work you've done on your clubs is phenomenal! Probably the coolest set up I've ever seen. From the shafts, club heads, headcovers, accessories to the bag...very unique. Nicely done on implementing your style into your game.

Titleist 910 D2 - GD BB 7S
SLDR Mini 14* - GD MT 6S
Titleist 712u 2 - KBS Tour
Titleist 714 AP1 3-PW - DG XP 95 S300
Vokey TVD 52M/56M - KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

[quote name='Redpro' timestamp='1407507828' post='9887329']
Hi Sam:

Awesome work on those clubs . . agree that Taylormade has a great lineup of irons this year.

How do you like the ATV grind in that 58* wedge? I've been looking at that one, and the 54* ATV.

Rest, re-build and re-set for next year . . .

Kind regards . . .
[/quote]

[color=#800080]The atv grinds reminds me of my Mizuno MP R-12 wedges. They are easy to open up ands play different shots.[/color]

• 2 months later...

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1413013709' post='10269679']
[color=#800080]I just wanted to share my Darth Maul headcover that i hads made from a doll.[/color]
[/quote]Amazing cover Sammy!!

That's fantastic that you can make your own, because they're one of a kind!!!

How do you like the Callie?

How do you feel physically & emotionally?

Are you ready to Roll?

I hope that you're in a good Place!!

You are a very special Player & Person :)

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I showed the picture if your Darth Maul headcover to my kid and he loved it. Looks awesome!

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

Goobers, keep pushing forward and I wish you the best of luck. My wife is an ASD teacher at the elementary school level, and it is amazing what you are doing with your golf. I am sure you have and will continue to give many others with autism, and their friends and families hope for what can be done. Great WITB as well.

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1413033946' post='10270119']
[color=#800080]I just wanted to share my Darth Maul headcover that i hads made from a doll.[/color]

Are you ready to Roll?

Richard
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I am nearly worn outs. Like the bear , i feels ready for hibernation. I gots a taste for the bigger stuffs , so if i feel up to it , i will gives it a go next year. I replaced the SuperStroke grip with a Loudmouth skull ands crossbones grip on my Callie. I do nots like the rounder putter grip. My short game ands putting is better thans ever. The rest of the year my instructor wants me to swing aggressive , since he saids technically there is nots much to work on. I gets too robotic when i worry my swing is bad , which is the reason it gets out of sequences. [/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1413041316' post='10270541']
[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1413033946' post='10270119']

Are you ready to Roll?

Richard
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I am nearly worn outs. Like the bear , i feels ready for hibernation. I gots a taste for the bigger stuffs , so if i feel up to it , i will gives it a go next year. I replaced the SuperStroke grip with a Loudmouth skull ands crossbones grip on my Callie. I do nots like the rounder putter grip. My short game ands putting is better thans ever. The rest of the year my instructor wants me to swing aggressive , since he saids technically there is nots much to work on. I gets too robotic when i worry my swing is bad , which is the reason it gets out of sequences. [/color]
[/quote]Sounds like you've come back from the surgery and are swinging well!! Take the break that you need and when you're ready, start preparing for next season. Physically, you've got the rotation and move of an athlete, not some female.

You've got a great move!!

Don't think, just swing!!

Forget all the swing thoughts!!

You're Plus, just swing :)

Just picture that swing in your mind, step into adress and let 'er fly!!

Just focus out the noise from around you, think and picture just you and the critters, alone, and just swing freely, and you're gonna be just fine!!

Trust me Sammy, you get yourself in that peaceful place and there's very, very few Am women that can play with you.

Trust your swing!!

Trust Yourself!!

Take care Buddy, and have a nice autumn :)

Richard

[color=#800080]I aim higher thans amateur golf. I hope to try q school next year ands after that some symmetra tour stuffs. I do thinks i needs that peaceful bubble you mention. I haves some big obstacles , but if i do nots try , i would be a quitter. I will let legendary Al Bundy say it better thans i could. Since you are froms Pittsburgh , in a interview he said he hads a try out with the Steelers in 1969.[/color]

[color=#800080][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g[/url][/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1413074602' post='10272413']
[color=#800080]I aim higher thans amateur golf. I hope to try q school next year ands after that some symmetra tour stuffs. I do thinks i needs that peaceful bubble you mention. I haves some big obstacles , but if i do nots try , i would be a quitter. I will let legendary Al Bundy say it better thans i could. Since you are froms Pittsburgh , in a interview he said he hads a try out with the Steelers in 1969.[/color]

[color=#800080][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g"]https://www.youtube....h?v=jyLmSAnoR6g[/url][/color]
[/quote]I am sorry Sammy. I did not mean to infer that you were not, though I did not realize that you have declared. I thought that you were still playin in Am events.

That's Fantastic!!!

That video is great, lol, thank you for posting it :)

Regarding the bubble, and that's a great way to look at it,. that's all that you have to do. You are a very strong willed Woman and you have overcome incredible odds to be in the position that you are in. You just swing, walk, swing, walk and between shots think of walking the course in the quiet of the early evening with the critters running across the fairways and through the trees and just think of that and whatever other thoughts and more importantly visions that put you at ease & peace and then when you draw your club, you can begin your PSR.

When you get total control of your mental game, and you will do this as you have done everything in your life when you put your mind to it, as you have total control over your physical game, your game will take you to a level and place that very, very, few Women ever get to.

All I ask is that you don't forget us and if ya ever play in the Ohio/WV/PA area and hear some voice from the gallery, "kick the door in Sammy," you know that it's me, lol :)

Have a great week :)

My Best,
Richard

[color=#800080][size=3]I did nots declare , ands i may never do so. I woulds just like to try q school ands then a little symmetra tour stuffs. I may hate tour golf no matter the level ands decide i rather do something else. Socially that bubble will be hard. [/size][/color]

[color=#800080][size=3]To the others , i founds it confusing they never made a Darth Maul or Boba Fett head cover. Those guys are so popular. [/size][/color]

Good to hear from you again Sammy. Hang in there do not get too mechanical with the swing remember what brought you to this point so far. And it sounds like you are getting the mental aspects of the game handled well I mean good gracious you won two big tournaments that is great. As usual your art talents are beyond belief for me anyhow. Like RP said if you are his way kick the door in the same goes for me If you end up playing in South Carolina and you see some old fat guy hollering kick their butts Sammy that will be me. Remember Life is short Go for it and dont ever ever give up keep on keeping on. Remember Big Stu told you that

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style