Girl Golfer TaylorMade M2 P790 , Spider Webs , & Autism

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1413409205' post='10294875']
Good to hear from you again Sammy. Hang in there do not get too mechanical with the swing remember what brought you to this point so far. And it sounds like you are getting the mental aspects of the game handled well I mean good gracious you won two big tournaments that is great. As usual your art talents are beyond belief for me anyhow. Like RP said if you are his way kick the door in the same goes for me If you end up playing in South Carolina and you see some old fat guy hollering kick their butts Sammy that will be me. Remember Life is short Go for it and dont ever ever give up keep on keeping on. Remember Big Stu told you that
[/quote]

[color=#800080]My swing gots strange this year. I am nots sure if it was the surgery , trying to hit it farther , it is just something that feels off. My instructor loves the swings , but i am just feeling something that is making it harder to get through the ball. I haves until next August or whenevers it is to figure it all outs. [/color]

That is without a doubt the most colorful, unique, and interesting bag I have ever seen. Well done!

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1413419499' post='10295983']
[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1413409205' post='10294875']
Good to hear from you again Sammy. Hang in there do not get too mechanical with the swing remember what brought you to this point so far. And it sounds like you are getting the mental aspects of the game handled well I mean good gracious you won two big tournaments that is great. As usual your art talents are beyond belief for me anyhow. Like RP said if you are his way kick the door in the same goes for me If you end up playing in South Carolina and you see some old fat guy hollering kick their butts Sammy that will be me. Remember Life is short Go for it and dont ever ever give up keep on keeping on. Remember Big Stu told you that
[/quote]

[color=#800080]My swing gots strange this year. I am nots sure if it was the surgery , trying to hit it farther , it is just something that feels off. My instructor loves the swings , but i am just feeling something that is making it harder to get through the ball. I haves until next August or whenevers it is to figure it all outs. [/color]
[/quote]It may very well be the surgery. Any time you try to hit it too far and hard it will throw off your balance and timing remember that. I myself suffered from that because as I aged I could not accept that I could not hit it as far . Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry "a man has to know his limitations" that goes for young ladies too! But one thing tells me you can get it in tune you said your swing feels off. IMHO feel is the most important thing in golf. Remember Mr Palmer said " swing your swing" Just take it easy and get back to it gradually dont rush it dont injure yourself. Remember you have one old fat man in South Carolina pullin for ya!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

[color=#800080]I actually did find my swing after some days off froms my ear infections. I likes to feel my arms go *in* to keep my triangle or connection as my shoulders turn. I am a little flat ands he has no issues with that. I gets self conscious because on here if you are a degree flat , they all tell you to hinge up , turn steeper , keep right arm straight , etc. I let the dumb instruction forums seep into my subconscious.[/color]

[color=#800080]I can hit it far enoughs. I hit a 7 iron almost 170 today. He has me clubbing down to try to trick myself into being more aggressive through the ball. I haves no idea how those peoples swing by moving their arms up consciously.[/color]

• 3 months later...

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1394716696' post='8861897']
Thinking good thoughts for you and all of your 2 and 4 legged family.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Since there was nice posts about her , i shoulds say our cat did turn up all those months ago. She was on some ladies back porch ten days later. My parents were on vacation ands i told my dad he shoulds ask the head of the community to send e-mails out. He waited until he got back ands two days later somebody called. She probably woulds have been found earlier had he took my advice. She will be 18 years old if she makes it until July. She still gets around okay , but since being lost , her back paws are not as strong.[/color]

[color=#800080]As far as the peoples who did wishes of me playing well last year. I stunk it up overall , but this year i think i will be be better prepared ands going back to what made me hit the ball so well. Lesson learned abouts finding the right instructor ands keeping them. Switching to try to get better does nots usually work it seems. I guess likes Padraig Harrington , who now is a mess. At least i learned from it.[/color]

That's cool you found your cat. I remember reading about that in the past.

As for your bad year....I thought you won a tournament or two. I think remember, was it the Club Championship? Also maybe another one or two wins too right?

Any plans for any new clubs, or any new clubs, shafts, or balls that raise any interest? That new Cally ball seems to be making some news lately. Is it a premium ball or like a Diablo but with a softer cover like a ProV1 style cover (urathane cover I think it's called).

Good luck on 2015 Goober!

-Ryan

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

[color=#800080]I likes my clubs , i know that is heresy on here. The only club i woulds consider is a driver , but mostly a shaft. I thinks i want to go back to the yellow Srixon balls. TaylorMade balls just were nots the same. I hate white balls. I did win some stuffs , but it was a rough year mentally and i advise anybody to never listen when a instructor thinks he can make you better. Make him prove it quickly. I gave it a year of bad shots ands worse confidence ands that was dumb of me.[/color]

[color=#800080]I will be fine ands i will plan this year better ands be better prepared this time. I may fail at things , but i know what to expect this time arounds.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1422166507' post='10813495']
[color=#800080]I likes my clubs , i know that is heresy on here. The only club i woulds consider is a driver , but mostly a shaft. I thinks i want to go back to the yellow Srixon balls. TaylorMade balls just were nots the same. I hate white balls. I did win some stuffs , but it was a rough year mentally and i advise anybody to never listen when a instructor thinks he can make you better. Make him prove it quickly. I gave it a year of bad shots ands worse confidence ands that was dumb of me.[/color]

[color=#800080]I will be fine ands i will plan this year better ands be better prepared this time. I may fail at things , but i know what to expect this time arounds.[/color]
[/quote]

well it sounds like you've gut your goals and plans for next pretty much settled. So good luck this year.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

That's great about your little furry Friend!!!

It sounds like you're in a good place mentally and are ready for the upcoming season!!

Nobody knows YOU or YOUR SWING better than YOU!!

Don't EVER let someone tell you otherwise!!

Happy New Year and I hope that this year brings you all that you seek!!

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1422161119' post='10813167']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1394716696' post='8861897']
Thinking good thoughts for you and all of your 2 and 4 legged family.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Since there was nice posts about her , i shoulds say our cat did turn up all those months ago. She was on some ladies back porch ten days later. My parents were on vacation ands i told my dad he shoulds ask the head of the community to send e-mails out. He waited until he got back ands two days later somebody called. She probably woulds have been found earlier had he took my advice. She will be 18 years old if she makes it until July. She still gets around okay , but since being lost , her back paws are not as strong.[/color]
[/quote]

Congrats on finding your cat. Mine was 14 when something got him. Spoil her while you can.

[quote name='Architect' timestamp='1424468534' post='10993971']
Goobers, you have an awesome swing.
Your balance, tempo, and follow through are incredible!
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Nice to say that , but last year i was stupid ands listened to somebody who saids i could do better. I got greedy and i need to go back to that other stuffs with my first instructor.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1424477107' post='10994825']
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Nice to say that , but last year i was stupid ands listened to somebody who saids i could do better. [b]I got greedy [/b]and i need to go back to that other stuffs with my first instructor.[/color]
[/quote]

It's golf Sam, I think we all do that.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1424480300' post='10995191']
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Nice to say that , but last year i was stupid ands listened to somebody who saids i could do better. [b]I got greedy [/b]and i need to go back to that other stuffs with my first instructor.[/color]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=#800080]Possibly , but at a certain level it needs to stop being abouts the swing. [/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1424497513' post='10996629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=#800080]Possibly , but at a certain level it needs to stop being abouts the swing. [/color]
[/quote]

Amen to that.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1424513886' post='10997015']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Amen to that.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
WITB Link

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That's what is wrong with Tiger Woods too much swing and not playing.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='Redpro' timestamp='1440938942' post='12233620']
Hello Sam:

How are you doing? I'm really interested in how your current instruction is going, especially regarding your recent comment, "but at a certain level it needs to stop being about the swing". So true!

And, of course, a bag update would be a bonus!

Regards,
Chris
[/quote]

I agree with Redpro! Hope all is well Sam... I'd be interested to hear about your summer and any updates to the bag. Take care...

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

[color=#800080] [/color]
[color=#800080][quote name='Redpro' timestamp='1440938942' post='12233620']
Hello Sam:

How are you doing? I'm really interested in how your current instruction is going, especially regarding your recent comment, "but at a certain level it needs to stop being about the swing". So true!

And, of course, a bag update would be a bonus!

Regards,
Chris
[/quote][/color]

[color=#800080]I have won a handful of invitational events ands some smaller team things. I won the handicapped championship at my club ands had to give 100 strokes over four matches. I won all six matches in the interclub matches in the spring ands got the trophy for winning by the most combined holes. I won a two day tournament at Merion. I went out ands played in Stage I of Q-school.[/color]

[color=#800080]I only changed my hybrid to a Ping G30 ands i added a G30 5 wood and a Odyssey Versa 1w. I basically overhauled my whole swing somewhat with a new instructor because i wanted consistency. I haves changed my grip , set-up , etc. Up until this past week , i have been hitting it well. My wedges ands woods are much improved.[/color]

[color=#800080]So , it has been better than expected this year. I got some Symetra Tour Status for next year ands i won tournaments at really hard courses in our section. Some have been played for 100 years. My scores have come down , but i still need some consistency in my irons. Last week i started hitting them poorly ands have not sorted it outs.[/color]

[color=#800080]My panic issues are better as well. You do needs to focus on your swing , but i finds that if i can take what i am given ands work it out over times, it is easier to salvage a round. Today i hit my irons so poorly , even topped a drive (first time in two years) , but shot even par for the round. All these tournaments ands Q-school toughened me up ands i learned a lot so far.[/color]

Awesome to hear Sammy. So Glad your hard work is paying off! Very exciting to hear about symetra tour status! Also very glad to hear your anxiety is lessening out there., Keep at it, youll get those irons figured out.

Best of luck to you my friend!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Good job young lady! Keep it up and keep working hard!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[color=#800080]"You do needs to focus on your swing , but i finds that if i can take what i am given ands work it out over times, it is easier to salvage a round"[/color]

I am really liking this! "Take what you are given and work it out over times". It is so spot on regarding staying in the present and golfing the ball.

Thanks for the update Sam, we all are encouraged by your success and journey . . such an example of perseverance and guts.

Hey there, I really like your clubs and the fantastic artwork. I see you live on the East Coast, if you are ever in the Philadelphia area you are welcome to come out for a round with me. I suffer from an extreme anxiety disorder and have dealt with panic attacks and crippling anxiety. Maybe I could share a few stories with you, or, we could just play a round and not talk if that makes you feel more comfortable. Keep up the good play!!

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

Sam,
Great to hear of your tournament successes and progress with your game. Keep working hard and moving forward with same positive outlook. Thanks for sharing your journey here, best wishes!

Aloha,
Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

your bag is awesome, probably the most original one i´ve seen on this site.... congrats and keep up the wins!

Callaway Driver Ai Smoke

Callaway 3 Wood Ai Smoke

Callaway 5 Wood Ai Smoke

PXG Irons Gen 5 0311 XP  4 to PW

Titleist Vokey Wedges SM8 - 46* 52* & 56*
Scotty Cameron Moto - Super Select Squareback 2 

Vice ProPlus