Girl Golfer TaylorMade M2 P790 , Spider Webs , & Autism

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1441082324' post='12243568']

[color=#800080][quote name='Redpro' timestamp='1440938942' post='12233620']
Hello Sam:

How are you doing? I'm really interested in how your current instruction is going, especially regarding your recent comment, "but at a certain level it needs to stop being about the swing". So true!

And, of course, a bag update would be a bonus!

Regards,
Chris
[/quote][/color]

[color=#800080]I have won a handful of invitational events ands some smaller team things. I won the handicapped championship at my club ands had to give 100 strokes over four matches. I won all six matches in the interclub matches in the spring ands got the trophy for winning by the most combined holes. I won a two day tournament at Merion. I went out ands played in Stage I of Q-school.[/color]

[color=#800080]I only changed my hybrid to a Ping G30 ands i added a G30 5 wood and a Odyssey Versa 1w. I basically overhauled my whole swing somewhat with a new instructor because i wanted consistency. I haves changed my grip , set-up , etc. Up until this past week , i have been hitting it well. My wedges ands woods are much improved.[/color]

[color=#800080]So , it has been better than expected this year. I got some Symetra Tour Status for next year ands i won tournaments at really hard courses in our section. Some have been played for 100 years. My scores have come down , but i still need some consistency in my irons. Last week i started hitting them poorly ands have not sorted it outs.[/color]

[color=#800080]My panic issues are better as well. You do needs to focus on your swing , but i finds that if i can take what i am given ands work it out over times, it is easier to salvage a round. Today i hit my irons so poorly , even topped a drive (first time in two years) , but shot even par for the round. All these tournaments ands Q-school toughened me up ands i learned a lot so far.[/color]
[/quote]Great!! I had been wondering how you are doing? Seems you are doing great. The Symertra Tour spots are a great thing just remember to take it one day one step at the time. Looking forward to seeing you make it to the big stage on the LPGA so I can see you play on TV

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#Motivation2WorkHarder

Sam, your efforts and passion are motivating!! Thanks for sharing your updates with us. Keep up the stellar play and best of luck to you in ALL that you do.

P.S. I topped not one but TWO drives yesterday and I didn't shoot anywhere near par ;-). Lol. You're an inspiration...

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad that you're in a good place both in your life and on the course :)

You're THE Best Sammy!!!

I hope all the critters are well and runnin :)

Stay Well Buddy :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[color=#800080]On the course moreso , but in life it is still a struggle with issues beyonds just my stuffs. On top of that , the usual Country Club drama is just so tiring. The women can just be lunatics , perhaps it is menopause or something , but holy crap.[/color]

[color=#800080]My cat died in January soon after Christmas. She had a blockage or something in the intestines , so she went to sleep. I keep her ashes in my room though. I will get new critters this year probably.[/color]

[color=#800080]If anybody cared , i updated pictures of some stuffs on Page 1.[/color]

[color=#800080]​[/color]
[quote name='robbie91' timestamp='1441131880' post='12246286']
Hey there, I really like your clubs and the fantastic artwork. I see you live on the East Coast, if you are ever in the Philadelphia area you are welcome to come out for a round with me. I suffer from an extreme anxiety disorder and have dealt with panic attacks and crippling anxiety. Maybe I could share a few stories with you, or, we could just play a round and not talk if that makes you feel more comfortable. Keep up the good play!!
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I used to hang around John F. Byrne because i knew somebody who worked there. Where do you play in the area ?[/color]

Sammy,
Thanks for the update, best wishes for continued improvement and success in all aspects of your life, love the Jimmy V tag on your bag!

Aloha,
Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1443073932' post='12360388']
[quote]Sammy,
Thanks for the update, best wishes for continued improvement and success in all aspects of your life, love the Jimmy V tag on your bag!

Aloha,
Mitch

[/quote]

[color=#800080]It is actually a John Cena pendant.[/color]
[/quote]Wow, just made me feel old! Sure MtlJeff would have caught it, he is quite the WWE fan. Nice motto for life, no matter the source :) Best wishes!
Aloha,
Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Once again this has to be the best bag on the site. You've made it your own with the color and creativity. Best of luck in all your future tournaments.

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stillboard' timestamp='1443077972' post='12360442']
Once again this has to be the best bag on the site. You've made it your own with the color and creativity. Best of luck in all your future tournaments.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I am basically done for the year with events. I was able to make it to the Round of 32 in the USGA event , but kind of tired outs due to some issues. I also putted badly when it mattered. I will need to get more consistent in putting ands chipping for next year.[/color]

[color=#800080]I was hoping my new instructor woulds help me get consistent , but i never thought i woulds win as much as i did or qualify for a USGA championship. After the end of October it will be a full three years since i started playing in competitive golf on any level.[/color]

[color=#800080]It was nice that peoples on here were nice about things again this year. A big change from when i first joined.[/color]

Great to hear the updates. I'd heading to pg 1 to check out the updated witb pics.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='rennsport27' timestamp='1444598218' post='12442734']
It's inspiring reading through your stuff, so I wanted to take the time to thank you for sharing your stories! Love what you did with your bag. Best of luck in the coming year!
[/quote]

Ditto

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Glad to hear from you again Sammy--- Keep on fighting the good fight like you have always done

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

gooberSammy your story really makes me so happy for you. I have a son with Asperger's Syndrome. He always had social issues. I introduced him to golf and now it's his life saver too, so I truly understand. Good Luck and keep winning.

Ping G425 LST - / Black Ops stiff shaft
Titleist 915F  15*
Titleist 915H - 21° 3-Hybrid
Titleist- 718 AP1s 4-GW,
Vokey- SM9s - 52*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cam GoLo 6
Titleist Tour Speed

Hey Buddy, the shafts look fantastic and I'm so happy for your success this year!!!

You have worked so hard and the fact that you first planted your tee competitively 3 seasons ago and are where you are is a testament to your talent, focus and drive!!!

To achieve this with the issues that you have had to deal with, which the average person cannot even comprehend, well, I hope you realize just how special you are. Do not worry, admitting that is not a bad thing, because second to your talent is your humility, so I have no doubt that you will approach this upcoming season as you have your past three-

When you get new critters, please post some pics!!!

And I Love your bag tag, "Never Give Up"

I would only add something that you obviously live by: Never EVER Give Up

Take care Sammy, God Bless and I wish you nothing but Fairways & Greens And Pins & Cups both on the course and off :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445428907' post='12486482']
Hey Buddy, the shafts look fantastic and I'm so happy for your success this year!!!

You have worked so hard and the fact that you first planted your tee competitively 3 seasons ago and are where you are is a testament to your talent, focus and drive!!!

To achieve this with the issues that you have had to deal with, which the average person cannot even comprehend, well, I hope you realize just how special you are. Do not worry, admitting that is not a bad thing, because second to your talent is your humility, so I have no doubt that you will approach this upcoming season as you have your past three-

Take care Sammy, God Bless and I wish you nothing but Fairways & Greens And Pins & Cups both on the course and off :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

Seconded!

Way-to-go Goobs!

Hope all is well! Always pulling for you and a faithful fan of yours!

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1445428907' post='12486482']

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Yes , i never expected to play this well so soon. I played 43 competitive rounds this year , it is not easy to mentally keep it going. I got a nice plan to work on for the offseason from my instructor.​[/color]

• 2 months later...

Hey Buddy :)

Happy New Year!!!

Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Successful Year and Season :)

Regarding your question on the Stillers, Absolutely!!!

PM or e-mail me(my e-mail's in my profile)

Stay Well My Friend :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

Richard

• 3 months later...

Here would be close to my current swings if anybody was curious or interested. I have been trying to get out of backing out of it on the backswing ands getting my hands working less in ands up , then basically needing to somewhat throw at it. They are actually all caused by the backing out of it. Backing out of it also caused me to get my hands in , a little flat , ands a little across the line at the top , making it harder to rotate through to the finish. In less than a year it has gotten better. I gained some distance already this year as it gets some speed back in it as i am loading the club more at fuller speeds ands just getting better contact.

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

Great posture and setup - very, very good swing too, good luck this season!

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

Great posture and setup - very, very good swing too, good luck this season!

Nice of you to say. It still needs a little cleaning up when i get to fuller speeds , but that is what drills are for. I can lose some angles slightly. I have changed my whole swing basically in less thans a year.

Nice swing. Your backswing is very nice. I wish I could keep mine as short as yours. I also like how you rotate through the ball. Good luck this year.

You could just be losing your *angles* from address , assuming you are in a decent posture. It is hards to really overswing if you keep your upper body in that *barrel* during the backswings.

Wow...huge improvement from a year ago. Much better in so many ways! Nice and wide on both sides of the ball, lots of room for the arms to work coming down and through, good connection and pivot, and just tons better at the top than before! You better not start hittin' it past me! ;)

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Wow...huge improvement from a year ago. Much better in so many ways! Nice and wide on both sides of the ball, lots of room for the arms to work coming down and through, good connection and pivot, and just tons better at the top than before! You better not start hittin' it past me! ;)

Once i am able to get some speed while keeping in the *angles* , i just may. I finally feel i am getting more out of my swing with yardage gains and contact. You ands i know the usual stuff on here about instruction just is nots reality. To really change , you need to find a decent instructor ands put in the work. So many try to take pieces from all the instructors on here or the *hot* new guy.