2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Random conversation thread

HC Jnr's snowman looks like Bubba!

(It's the tablets).

One of our golfing group told us about a trip to Turkey where the waiters would go and knock on the doors of single women and ask them to have sex so they would know what to do when they got married.

A Yorkshire lass told him to p**s off and go and continue practising on his own!

Another lad told of a radio phone-in that he heard part of which was a competition to determine what made women attractive.

Losing answers varied from "Ten pints of lager" to "Laryngitis".

A chaste and virtuous Yorkshire lass!? What century are we talking about here :taunt:

Man this thread is old. So here goes.

I’ve been out of work since the beginning of December and really just want to take my sweet time finding a job. I’ve been working pretty much non stop for 40 years and felt I deserve a nice little break. I’m collecting unemployment and have a few bucks in the bank. So money isn’t a real problem and if I really need it I have my 401k and some other assets. So I started refinishing some old Putters selling them on eBay and purchasing some really nice old PING’s to add to my collection, found a guy who bought up a slew of old never used PING’s he purchased from a retired PING engineer. I have purchased 10 so far and the highest price I’ve paid was $14.99 plus shipping. Not bad for really nice NOS PING Putters.

Back to the unemployment, wife has been on my case from day one, do work around the house, fix this paint that get a job. I just ignore her and do whatever the heck I want. Some days I stay in my sweats all day, sometimes for two days in a row only brushing my teeth and washing my butt, not both with the tooth brush, I know you guys.

Just relaxing and enjoying the days all by myself. She gets so pissed. I love it. Although the sex has dropped off some I don’t mind. Maybe next month I’ll start looking for a job.

Went golfing Friday and used Golf Now and got on a really nice corse for $12.00 and the whole foursome were all strangers who booked through Golf Now. Had a nice round with temps in the mid 70’s no wind a few clouds here and there. First time I’ve golfed since thanksgiving week, it showed, I hit an honest 110. By mid summer I’ll be back to hitting mid 90’s.

Been going to the local course and trying out some of these new Putters too. So far I’m really liking this PAL 4 BeCu and original Anser. But I have this nice RIFE ABACO in my modern bag that I really like. That’s it. Have a great day everyone.

Forgive me Father(s) for I have sinned.

I bought a used 'White Driver' today for $30 (TaylorMade Burner Superfast with the Ozik shaft) and hit the ever loving sh_t out of it on the range today. It's going out with the Mizzy Blades for a round tomorrow.

~ sigh ~

How did you do? $30 dang that’s a great price!

Forgive me Father(s) for I have sinned.

I bought a used 'White Driver' today for $30 (TaylorMade Burner Superfast with the Ozik shaft) and hit the ever loving sh_t out of it on the range today. It's going out with the Mizzy Blades for a round tomorrow.

~ sigh ~

How did you do? $30 dang that’s a great price!

I thought so and I did well. I play a variety of woods with those irons, everything from a Ping Zing Laminate to Great Big Berthas, and now this 'White Driver.' Got a couple drives off that beat my distance with my Ping G10. guessing around 235 or so. I'm sure many well laugh at that but it's long for me. The guy sold it cheap because the grip was shot and it had a few cosmetic scratches. Brought it home, put a new grip on it and touched up the scratches with nail paint and off we went!

Loved your earlier post btw.

Play Well!

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

As the bloke said in Caddyshack "Hey,no offence...."

Current trend in East Yorkshire is for young girls to get pregnant in order to claim housing and benefits payments,probably a universal trend?

Anyway I'm a happy bunny today,although our main course remains closed due to being waterlogged enough turned up this morning for us to have three teams of three,full handicap stableford,all three to count on every hole for two circuits of our 9-hole academy course.

Even though I've spent a bit recently on modern gear I've never been completely satisfied,you all know that feeling of looking at a 460cc driver and thinking "Mmm,is this really what it's about....?"

So after a lot of farting about,changing grips,fiddling with putters I took out the following;

Macgregor MT persimmon 3-wood.

1959 Macgregor LH2 5,7,9 irons.

Bobby Locke putter.

I had never hit the 3-wood before today,it surpassed all my expectations,only one poorish shot which went high but not skied,everything else into the fairway and decent distance around 180-190 yards,into soggy and cold earth.

I love my LH2's,Bobby sadly let himself down(!) but team Chris won with a score of 122 (par 108 points),YAY,£3 winnings!

Most importantly I've enjoyed golfing more today than I have for a long time.

When it’s all said and done Chris, that’s what it’s about, “enjoyment.”

I’ve played twice this year with modern gear and played decent enough, but, there was something missing. Went out Monday with the hickories and I’ll be playing them in tomorrow’s event. Just more enjoyable for me.

I've played three rounds this year with persimmon, one with modern woods. I like hitting my modern fairways (V-steels) about as much as my persimmon fairways, but the difference in enjoyment levels between hitting the modern driver (Ping G400) and the persimmon one is massive. Sure, it's great to bomb the modern one, but hitting a persimmon driver is just more fun. Also, my Mizuno Blondie persimmon is just gorgeous to look at.

I have a sort of competition coming up, playing with a bunch of people I don't know. I really want to take the persimmons to the course, but I don't want to put up with the "imagine what you could do with modern clubs!" rubbish.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of which,the applause was polite but restrained for Reed when he approached the 18th green as opposed to borderline rapture for Spieth who I cannot bear to watch with his constant fiddling,wittering and stupid "You're kidding me..." when he's pull-hooked it into the trees.

I know that Reed is not popular in the UK for hushing the idiot spectators at Gleneagles and seeing off McIlroy in the Ryder Cup but what's the issue,what am I missing?

Someone made what I thought a very funny comment on the BBC website;

"Well that went down like a lead balloon,you only needed Tony Blair to present the green jacket."

Speaking of the Masters, some of the announcers are playing Yeamans this morning. I just caught a glimpse of Dottie Pepper. Not sure who else is on the tee sheet. Cold and heavy mist, not many groups out.

That would be fun to watch. She was a great player in her day, and an extremely intense competitor. I enjoy her TV work now.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

Speaking of which,the applause was polite but restrained for Reed when he approached the 18th green as opposed to borderline rapture for Spieth who I cannot bear to watch with his constant fiddling,wittering and stupid "You're kidding me..." when he's pull-hooked it into the trees.

I know that Reed is not popular in the UK for hushing the idiot spectators at Gleneagles and seeing off McIlroy in the Ryder Cup but what's the issue,what am I missing?

Someone made what I thought a very funny comment on the BBC website;

"Well that went down like a lead balloon,you only needed Tony Blair to present the green jacket."

I believe there have been whispers for a few years about Reed's attitude/personality and uh, propensity for rules bending. Not too sure he's very popular in many quarters. But people can and do change, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt on those whispers.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

• 2 weeks later...

Late Sunday afternoon at the local Muni range. I wish I had words to describe all manner of man, woman, and beast. I would post pics, but, it's one of those things better left unseen.

You know we desperately need the pictures now, right?

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

Likewise I cannot believe how cold it still is and am sure that last year I had been wearing shorts for a couple of weeks by this time.

There are lots of areas on the course that remain very soft and wet as although we had 20 mph winds yesterday there is no warmth in the ground to dry it out and promote real growth,I reckon that we might be two months behind due to the winter and unless we have a very prolonged Indian (Native American indigenous person) summer it's going to be a very short golfing season.

Comps are already being run in tandem as a way of catching up,Veterans Cup and Medal played together on Saturday and for only the second time in nearly 50 years I left the course without finishing the round.

Sore back and painful knees were the main reason but also the ridiculous way in which the course had been set up,I enquired in pointed fashion if we were hosting the Open Championship having measured the width of some of the fairways at between 19 and 23 paces.Those paces taken on side and uphill slopes while carrying my clubs,so short paces.

The current chairman of greens has some peculiar ideas on how to present a golf course for a membership that consists mostly of older folk and mid to high handicaps,one par five is played off the back tee through a gap in the trees into an upslope,the fairway was cut so far up the slope it was almost impossible to reach!

So,no.there is no justice whatsoever.

Although now teetotal I also sympathise with the real ale/proper beer situation but it's a man's drink not fit for the bits of boys who sit posing with bottles of 'Bud' and no glass.

Gentlemen,

I don't know what to say besides 'Sorry.'

It is a sad story you are telling.

Please come visit me. The warmth is wonderful.

The fairways are wide. The women are tanned.

And I will buy the 1st round.

Keep Swinging,

Tim

Particularly so as lie under my heavy-duty down duvet listening to the rain battering on the windows,thankful that I'm not playing in the seniors' open am-am underway at Filey today.

In any event we already know who the inning team will be,a disgruntled former member has assembled a team of 'ringers' who play off handicaps substantially higher than their ability would suggest,I can only hope that they get bloody soaked!

Thanks for the invite Tim,we do have tanned women here too but their skin is tanned in the literal sense due to the number of cigs they smoke and end up looking like leather prunes.

I played in a mixed competition with two of them,one asked the other how she might get rid of all the wrinkles and crows' feet on her face and I suggested she should try going braless...

What was her reaction to that comment? :swoon:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So...

New Grandson (our 1st grandchild) and so a new tattoo for the proud Grandpa...

wFCFBmd.jpg

PsxRFWk.jpg

Since I was going to be getting new work I had my 'golf hand' redone...

w7DBCvZ.jpg

LmOOgg5.jpg

with a new addition simply because I thought it hilarious and so did my Tattoo Artist...

K854RFo.jpg

efHEjBu.jpg