The NBA basketball thread 2013-2014

MtlJeff

good luck to the 76ers....It's hard to draft really well. Just ask the Cavs, Wolves etc...

Everyone wants to be the Thunder. Here are 5 consecutive Thunder first round picks

1) Durant
2) Green
3) Westbrook
4) Ibaka
5) Harden

The worst player they picked is Jeff Green in a 4 year period. That's phenomenal. So phenomenal that all they got for Green is Kendrick Perkins who is a one dimensional defender, and Steven Adams for James Harden, which is, ummmm, yeah.

But at the end of the day, if you even nail 3/5 , and those 3 are one of the greatest offensive players ever and an MVP, maybe the second best PG in the league, and a perennial DPOY candidate....chances are you will be fine

good luck doing that, Sam Hinkie

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

What a horrible loss for LAC, they were in complete control and then just puked all over the place (with some help by the refs). Clutch free throws from Westbrook.

I really don't think either OKC or LAC have a chance against Miami. LeBron will just take whomever he wants out of the game. I don't think he can do that with SA as Parker causes too many problems.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1400043857' post='9291661']
What a horrible loss for LAC, they were in complete control and then just puked all over the place (with some help by the refs). Clutch free throws from Westbrook.

I really don't think either OKC or LAC have a chance against Miami. LeBron will just take whomever he wants out of the game. I don't think he can do that with SA as Parker causes too many problems.
[/quote]

I don't think Lebron can "take out" Durrant. it's just about impossible to stop an offensive superstar from getting his points... the most you can do is make him work harder to get them. Out of the two, I like OKC's chances better than the clippers. Ultimately, i'm expecting Spurs/Heat round 2 this year.

[/quote]

I liked the Nets strategy the other night, they just couldn't close the deal. It's obvious they are trying to give LBJ shots and control everyone else to some extent, which they did. LBJ was just TOO good that night. They didn't send the double unless he caught the ball in the post, and then they sent the weak side guy. Everyone else is staying home. It ALMOST worked. Be interesting if J Kidd deploys the same strategy in the next game.

What a horrible loss by the Clips, they can complain about the refs all they want (CP3 foul, the out of bounds call, etc) but they lost that game, it wasn't taken from them.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='sharkiesj' timestamp='1400087587' post='9294599']
Yes it was taken from them. Yes they played bad but the refs blow the call on the possession and that was basically the game. If they had the ball, they would have inbounded it with 7 sec. left and OkC would've had to foul. Game over. I can't see how anyone would argue different.

The fix is in still..
[/quote]

Clips got some very favorable calls in round 1 ... don't know if I'd throw the "fix" word around.

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Yes it was taken from them. Yes they played bad but the refs blow the call on the possession and that was basically the game. If they had the ball, they would have inbounded it with 7 sec. left and OkC would've had to foul. Game over. I can't see how anyone would argue different.

The fix is in still..
[/quote]

Let's be real for a minute..

The Clippers blew a 13 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game, Chris Paul had 2 terrible turnovers on the last 2 possessions and if instant replay worked like it should, they would have ruled that controversial play a foul upon review.

Yet you're still trying to blame the officials? Perhaps LAC and their fans should stop blaming the officials and put a hand in KD or Westbrook's face without fouling.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

The fix is in still..
[/quote]

It was a foul and even if it was not a foul here is the ruling. It should be thunder ball either way.

Rule 8 Section II - c of the NBA rulebook states:
[indent=1]If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.[/indent]

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1400088695' post='9294739']

The fix is in still..
[/quote]

The Clippers blew a 13 point lead with 4 minutes left in the game, Chris Paul had 2 terrible turnovers on the last 2 possessions and if instant replay worked like it should, they would have ruled that controversial play a foul upon review.

Yet you're still trying to blame the officials? Perhaps LAC and their fans should stop blaming the officials and put a hand in KD or Westbrook's face without fouling.
[/quote]

I admit they played bad. I'll say it again. They played bad they turned the ball over, they committed turnovers. On the possession play they didn't call a foul so the only question is possession. You can't review a play for a foul. They didn't call a foul. So if you have replay, why didnt they call the obvious and give the ball to the Clips?

I mean seriously, lets be honest. The refs blew the call. Yes the Clips played bad but if there is any way the refs can f a game over, then you just saw it last night. I'll say THAT again and if you don't agree I question your eyesight and intelligence. If there is any way the refs can steal a game, you just saw it. I cannot believe for a second you don't think that was a bad call WITH A REVIEW.

Ball to Clips, game over. I'm not saying they didn't play bad. What I am saying is the refs f'd them over on that call. You think otherwise?

[quote name='sharkiesj' timestamp='1400090018' post='9294937']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1400088695' post='9294739']

The fix is in still..
[/quote]

[/quote]

I admit they played bad. I'll say it again. They played bad they turned the ball over, they committed turnovers. On the possession play they didn't call a foul so the only question is possession. You can't review a play for a foul. They didn't call a foul. So if you have replay, why didnt they call the obvious and give the ball to the Clips?

I mean seriously, lets be honest. The refs blew the call. Yes the Clips played bad but if there is any way the refs can f a game over, then you just saw it last night. I'll say THAT again and if you don't agree I question your eyesight and intelligence. If there is any way the refs can steal a game, you just saw it. I cannot believe for a second you don't think that was a bad call WITH A REVIEW.

Ball to Clips, game over. I'm not saying they didn't play bad. What I am saying is the refs f'd them over on that call. You think otherwise?
[/quote]

I do but it's not worth debating. They didn't even rule that it went off Jackson after replay. They deemed it inconclusive much like they do in lots of NFL replays.

Steve Kerr to GS. Totally didn't see that coming! I thought for sure he'd end up in NY with Phil. That has to sting Phil a bit.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1400113928' post='9297333']
Steve Kerr to GS. Totally didn't see that coming! I thought for sure he'd end up in NY with Phil. That has to sting Phil a bit.
[/quote]

Great move by Kerr but is this really an upgrade for GS? Go from a 50 win team that unfortunately got matched up with one of the best teams in the league and took them to game 7. I don't know how a rookie head coach is going to do a whole lot better than that.

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1400114293' post='9297377']
[/quote]

Great move by Kerr but is this really an upgrade for GS? Go from a 50 win team that unfortunately got matched up with one of the best teams in the league and took them to game 7. I don't know how a rookie head coach is going to do a whole lot better than that.
[/quote]

From 1 analyst to another. I hope they continue to improve as they're one of my favorite teams to watch.

[/quote]

I thought the difference in last year's finals was when the Heat put Lebron on Tony Parker late in games. He did a great job containing him. I bet if they play again this year that he covers Parker starting in game 1 for important stretches. Lebron is so destructive, he can cover PG's to Power Forwards

I'm not sure who gives Miami the best run. Maybe SA...i still want to believe OKC is the best team in the league on paper, but Reggie Jackson has not had a great playoffs, and Serge Ibaka has not been looking for his shot as much, and seems a bit tentative.

If you had told me Westbrook would be averaging 27-8-8 for the playoffs , and Durant going for 31ppg....i'd have told you they'd beat Memphis in 5 and the Clippers in max 6. But the supporting cast has vanished

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

As far as the call goes yesterday, i get it that the call was likely wrong. But there was also a foul. Doc is correct that the foul is not reviewable, but that doesn't change the fact that even Doc admitted there was likely a foul. So either the Thunder get away with a blown call, or the Clippers get away with a blown non-call

At the end of the day, calls go both ways. In game 4, the Thunder had a big lead, and Blake got a couple of chippy fouls go his way when he threw himself James Harden-style into Ibaka. Westbrook got nailed a couple of times during the comeback and no call....

things go both ways. Though i fully expect now that LAC will go to the line about 57 times in game 6

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1400114600' post='9297417']
[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1400114293' post='9297377']
[/quote]

[/quote]

From 1 analyst to another. I hope they continue to improve as they're one of my favorite teams to watch.
[/quote]

After i heard about the Kerr pick up i couldn't decide if i was supposed to be excited or pissed. Whether or not this will work or not will be highly dependent on who he picks as his assistants. I know the management group (Lacob) has made some unpopular moves in the past that ended up working out really well. I hope this ends up being the same

Coach Spoelstra vs. Coach Rivers.
It seemed like they both faced the same situation: end of game; reviewable call on out of bounds, which should go their way; call goes against them; now their team has to play defense.
Doc went nutso, and his team committed a foul and lost. Spoelstra seemed to stay under control, and his team executed defensively. How much of a difference did the coaches make for their respective teams in these situations?

There needs to be a "thought bubble" GIF for Erik Spoelstra that just says "Oh right, I have Lebron" for every time he looks calm under pressure!

LOL

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So does Indiana win by 30 or lose by 30 tonight? It will almost certainly be nothing in between!

Weirdest team ever

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

indiana win by 50+. wizards are straight up GARBAGE on their home floor. :(

[size=1](secretly hoping against hope this negative posts helps the wiz, like it did last time)[/size]

zorn! zorn! stick a fork in 'em.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5