2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Under armour outlet store clearance rack? Is this what they call a deal?!?!

xplyboy

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1382098534' post='8020653']
At the UA store you guys are correct. However, I went yesterday and found regularly priced $115 Columbia Hightail II Softshell waterproof/breathable Omni-Tech jackets perfect for golf marked down to $49 at the Columbia outlet. When I took it to the counter it rung up at $23. I wound up with 5 of them in various colors for me and my son.

I also came away with fleece lined Headwall II cold weather/snow pants regularly priced at $80 for $10. There were also deals at the North Face and Izod stores.
[/quote]
You can get those same type of deals at places like Dicks when they have their clearance sales. It isn't too hard to get some really expensive stuff for 75% off the regular price. Don't get me wrong, from time to time you will get good deals at outlets, but in generally the great deals are always on the clearance stuff, not the regular "outlet" items.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='harold baines' timestamp='1382130087' post='8023159']
[quote name='Temple23' timestamp='1382126924' post='8022953']
Outlet stores are just a ruse to clear out unwanted inventory...the color selection is real slim as well...overall, i always leave there disappointed and emptyhanded...i have better luck on Ebay truthfully, and save gas to boot...
[/quote]

no

outlet stores are a ruse to make you think you're getting quality name brand merchandise at a discount... but really.. you're getting second tier quality products that would never pass muster in those companies real stores, things that don't exist at real stores.

stuff you see at outlets, was designed to be sold at outlets... it was never in a real store.. it was not old inventory... it's products designed for the outlet in mind

google outlet vs retail if you want info
[/quote]

Not everything at every outlet store is a specially made item. In some instances, yes, but in many other instances, its the exact same thing as their regular retail stores. All the best stuff usually sells at the stores, so the outlet selection is usually unpopular styles and/or sizes.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

Outlets in general are not outlets anymore but actual retail stores. Although I did just hit the Nike outlet in Vegas and I was shocked that it was actually outlet prices. Got 2 pairs of shoes for $90.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1382108657' post='8021505']
UA outlet is a joke. The Izod and Nike outlet in MN is money, always great deals and selections.
[/quote]

My wife insists that we have to stop in Albertville every time we drive through. I tend to do a decent amount of damage in the Nike store. Izod is pretty good too. I have never had good luck with UA, Adidas, and Puma as far as golf selection goes.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Not to throw a damper on this UA rant thread, but for an item marked "clearance" in an outlet store the price would not end in a .99. I work for them and if it ends in .97 thats clearance.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Maybe I just get super lucky.

I just got 50% off nearly everything at Adidas outlet last week. Golf shorts for 15 bucks each, a jacket for 16, a polo for 15...

Izod had some good deals too. Shorts for 11.

The UA outlet has good deals, but you just have to go often. You can score huge at the outlets but you need to be a frequent visitor. If you just decide to randomly go, the chances that you'll stumble across a good deal are slim. But the deals are there.

It's funny all you guys expect to get something for nothing. Must be an American mindset. No wonder your economy is shot. You expect to get 50%+ off of stuff before you'll buy anything. If the stores don't make money they don't exist. If you don't make money you go broke. So how about you support businesses. This thread is a joke.

[quote name='borgore23' timestamp='1382311469' post='8031589']
It's funny all you guys expect to get something for nothing. Must be an American mindset. No wonder your economy is shot. You expect to get 50%+ off of stuff before you'll buy anything. If the stores don't make money they don't exist. If you don't make money you go broke. So how about you support businesses. This thread is a joke.
[/quote]

Did you read what their complaint was? If you go to a clearance section you should expect that the price of an item is low so as to just get the item sold and off the store'a inventory. What you don't expect is to go to a clearance section and see the products only marked down 5-10%. 5-10% is a weekend/holiday sale for a normal shop. Given the nature of outlet stores and the associated generalization that they exist to move older product (clearance) as well made for lower price point product it is quite a shock / upsetting to know that retail prices are being charged and a trip wasted for some who traveled a bit of ways to an "outlet" store. Just my opinion though.

[/quote]

yeah, it's so bad that they open up these special "outlet" stores and put fake original prices on things to make shoppers think they're getting a deal

the sign in the outlet store says these used to be $150 but now they're $70 so I'm getting a deal......

disapprove-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-340.gif

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

Yeah the anti American comments from him gets tiresome. Must be great to be perfect.

RJRJ love that GIF lol.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[/quote]

Where are you from to be judging our economy so harshly? Also, you must not really understand the concept of an Outlet Store. They are supposed to be lower priced since you are buying closeout items and also since it's direct from the manufacturer.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

[/quote]

You do know that us idiot Americans have the most stable economy, currency and Treasury depeartment (we are like the tallest midget at this point) in the world. Just saying.

Wth that said, I kind of agree with the others that say....What did you really expect at UA (or any) outet store? I think maybe you don't know how outlet malls work.

We have an UA, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Northface, Izod, Ecco, Oakley, Saks, Kenneth Cole, Coach, etc, etc, etc at e Cincinnat Outlet Mall. Some of these stores have the exact same merchandise that an ordinary retail store would have - at the same prices. All these outlet stores operate the same. I was just there the other day and purchased a pair of the Nike Flat Front golf techno pants for $59.99. These pants elsewhere...anywhere from 64.99 to 69.99. Because they were current year models. Now they had golf shirts for $20, 40% of Nike shoes, Buy one get 1 athletic shorts...but not EVERYTHING in the store, including golf stuff especially current season, was a huge bargain. Under Armor, like all these stores, operate the same. A lot of times, outlet stores receive the merchandise that your regular Dick's, Finishline or Nordstrom's don't. Just because it's in an outlet store doesn't mean it's going to be 30% off automatically.

Not all outlet store merchandise are closeout items. They always have sales - I get emailed everytime they have a big sale. It's kind of astonishing that people just expect to randomly walk in to outlet stores and get stuff dirt cheap.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[/quote]

Absolutely!!!!!! I don't pay full blown retail for anything.... Why? Bc full blown retail is marked up crazy high, to sucker all those in who have to have the latest and greatest. I won't buy anything at full blown retail price. Usually it has to be in the 50-60% off for me to even consider it. Trust me the stores are making plenty of money off the idiots who wait in line for something the day it's released. I'm not sure what country your from, but in America we have whats called a free market. A product is only worth what someone will pay for it. If someone asks full retail and some idiot pays for it, then good for them. If the price is too high and no one buys it then they have to reduce the cost. Just the way it works.

As for outlets, the UA is a joke. However the Addidas outlet near me is money. I'm actually headed there over lunch. Always have 50% sales. Right now they have 50% off red tag which is already off like 50%. A few weeks ago I bought a pair of sneakers. Like $115 originally, marked down to $49 and then 50% off. Scored them for like $24. So I bought like 3 pair for that price of different styles and colors.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1382183586' post='8025651']
Outlets in general are not outlets anymore but actual retail stores. Although I did just hit the Nike outlet in Vegas and I was shocked that it was actually outlet prices. Got 2 pairs of shoes for $90.
[/quote]

Agreed.

Like someone said, if you catch the deals they can be very good. But, Ive found that Nike, UA, and many others are just about the same as retail stores. However, I was at Izod a few weeks ago and got a 1/4 zip pullover, 2 polos, and 2 LS polos on sale for $60. That was a pretty good deal.

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1382627258' post='8050967']
[/quote]

You do know that us idiot Americans have the most stable economy, currency and Treasury depeartment (we are like the tallest midget at this point) in the world. Just saying.

Wth that said, I kind of agree with the others that say....What did you really expect at UA (or any) outet store? I think maybe you don't know how outlet malls work.

We have an UA, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Northface, Izod, Ecco, Oakley, Saks, Kenneth Cole, Coach, etc, etc, etc at e Cincinnat Outlet Mall. Some of these stores have the exact same merchandise that an ordinary retail store would have - at the same prices. All these outlet stores operate the same. I was just there the other day and purchased a pair of the Nike Flat Front golf techno pants for $59.99. These pants elsewhere...anywhere from 64.99 to 69.99. Because they were current year models. Now they had golf shirts for $20, 40% of Nike shoes, Buy one get 1 athletic shorts...but not EVERYTHING in the store, including golf stuff especially current season, was a huge bargain. Under Armor, like all these stores, operate the same. A lot of times, outlet stores receive the merchandise that your regular Dick's, Finishline or Nordstrom's don't. Just because it's in an outlet store doesn't mean it's going to be 30% off automatically.

Not all outlet store merchandise are closeout items. They always have sales - I get emailed everytime they have a big sale. It's kind of astonishing that people just expect to randomly walk in to outlet stores and get stuff dirt cheap.
[/quote]

No I don't expect anything but when you go to an outlet store and they point you to their clearance rack, wouldn't you think the items would have more of a $5 dollar saving off retail?

[quote name='xplyboy' timestamp='1382658015' post='8053769']
[/quote]

[/quote]

No I don't expect anything but when you go to an outlet store and they point you to their clearance rack, wouldn't you think the items would have more of a $5 dollar saving off retail?
[/quote]

As I stated earlier if the price didn't end in $.97 then its not a clearance price. There's MRSP then the sell price which is normally $5 off. I also know that for the past 2 weeks every Under Armour outlet store clearance has been an additional 20% off.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope. I don't expect anything from retailers. If I don't like the price, I don't buy as simple as that. It's not like they are tricking you...saying..."Everything In The Store Is 25%!!! SALE"...and when you get there, it's not true. That's not what's going on here. They have merchandise for sale, for their stated price. Almost every single time - even brand new stuff like my pants situation at Nike - it IS cheaper than a normal retail store. If it's $5, or $30...it's still cheaper. I was just in UA the other day and they had everything 15% off.

Like I said, we have one of the biggest "premium" outlet stores in the entire country literally 5 min from my house (unfortunately! ha). So I'm there a TON and have talked to the folks and know how most of this stuff works now. Outlets are GREAT for buying more stuff you don't need...but if you're looking for a NEW season specific item - like my pants at Nike - don't expect to save much.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Was just down at the Cincinnati outlets somaplr is talking about. We also hit the Vero Beach outlets in Florida quite a bit. Things have changed. My wife and I have walked out of Nike stores with absolutely nothihng, which would have been unheard of not that long ago. But the prices weren't great, and we didn't necessarily need anything, so.... I am able to get a pair of Rockport shoes at a good price, and got a mock turtleneck for my dad at a place that isn't up here, but otherwise, it's just a collection of stores for the most part. Although I did find jeans that actually fit my squat-fed legs.

But for golf wear, unless I have a GC, or it's a sick sale, I won't buy Nike stuff. Too expensive. And for people who know me, that is a big thing that I won't buy Nike. I get pretty much all Haggar stuff. The Cool 18 line is just as good IMHO as Nike's Dri-Fit, and the price is very low. I don't think I've paid more than $20 for a shirt in the 4 years I've been buying their stuff(and they do last). I wear them to work and to play in. Shorts are nearly as cheap, and pants are about $5 more. If there isn't an outlet, if you pay attention to Kohl's or Bells if you're down south, you can get things for about the same price.

OP's problem was wanting to buy UA IMHO.

[quote name='CCUgolfer23' timestamp='1382664815' post='8054401']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I stated earlier if the price didn't end in $.97 then its not a clearance price. There's MRSP then the sell price which is normally $5 off. I also know that for the past 2 weeks every Under Armour outlet store clearance has been an additional 20% off.
[/quote]

That's fine then it was on clearance sale for $79.97 instead of $79.99. I must have overlooked the $.02 cent difference. A savings of $5.02 off retail.

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1382711415' post='8056209']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope. I don't expect anything from retailers. If I don't like the price, I don't buy as simple as that. It's not like they are tricking you...saying..."Everything In The Store Is 25%!!! SALE"...and when you get there, it's not true. That's not what's going on here. They have merchandise for sale, for their stated price. Almost every single time - even brand new stuff like my pants situation at Nike - it IS cheaper than a normal retail store. If it's $5, or $30...it's still cheaper. I was just in UA the other day and they had everything 15% off.

Like I said, we have one of the biggest "premium" outlet stores in the entire country literally 5 min from my house (unfortunately! ha). So I'm there a TON and have talked to the folks and know how most of this stuff works now. Outlets are GREAT for buying more stuff you don't need...but if you're looking for a NEW season specific item - like my pants at Nike - don't expect to save much.
[/quote]

I think it's sort of the same thing when they advertise a sale and it's not true. 'clearance' has a definite universally meaning to the English/American mindset. That is an item is if not deeply discounted then it discounted a good amount. You can't deny that in our society that when we hear/see clearance discount, we as humans think it must be a great deal. And I for one don't think a $5 discount of $85 is anything at all so don't 'false advertise' it and put it in the clearance rack.

[quote name='Bluefan75' timestamp='1382720704' post='8057011']
Was just down at the Cincinnati outlets somaplr is talking about. We also hit the Vero Beach outlets in Florida quite a bit. Things have changed. My wife and I have walked out of Nike stores with absolutely nothihng, which would have been unheard of not that long ago. But the prices weren't great, and we didn't necessarily need anything, so.... I am able to get a pair of Rockport shoes at a good price, and got a mock turtleneck for my dad at a place that isn't up here, but otherwise, it's just a collection of stores for the most part. Although I did find jeans that actually fit my squat-fed legs.

But for golf wear, unless I have a GC, or it's a sick sale, I won't buy Nike stuff. Too expensive. And for people who know me, that is a big thing that I won't buy Nike. I get pretty much all Haggar stuff. The Cool 18 line is just as good IMHO as Nike's Dri-Fit, and the price is very low. I don't think I've paid more than $20 for a shirt in the 4 years I've been buying their stuff(and they do last). I wear them to work and to play in. Shorts are nearly as cheap, and pants are about $5 more. If there isn't an outlet, if you pay attention to Kohl's or Bells if you're down south, you can get things for about the same price.

OP's problem was wanting to buy UA IMHO.
[/quote]

You see that's not even the gist of my post. Not nessecarily that I wanted to buy UA, if Nike, Adidas, or whatever brand put an item in their clearance rack at an outlet store no less, I would think the item would be more than a $5 savings off retail when the item is retailed for $85. What is that, a 6% discount at clearance? I just don't think a clearance is only 6% off. Put it on the regular rack then.

You mention that you won't buy golf clothes unless it's a sick sale. So what if someone said come on in, I have a 'sick sale' on golf clothes and you come to find out that 'sick sale' is only 6% off? Wouldnt you be like wtf? That's my gist of my post.

[quote name='xplyboy' timestamp='1382726675' post='8057579']
[quote name='CCUgolfer23' timestamp='1382664815' post='8054401']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's fine then it was on clearance sale for $79.97 instead of $79.99. I must have overlooked the $.02 cent difference. A savings of $5.02 off retail.
[/quote]

I'm sure.

[quote name='HighSpeedScene' timestamp='1382839088' post='8063031']
Strong emotions about clothes shopping in here - am I at the right place?
[/quote]

it could be worse, go look in the "fashion" forum and see some heated discussions about who has the coolest belt buckle
over there it's like we've got guys more concerned with dressing well to impress the other boys, the golf is just an excuse for their fashion show

[quote name='xplyboy' timestamp='1382727553' post='8057649']

You see that's not even the gist of my post. Not nessecarily that I wanted to buy UA, if Nike, Adidas, or whatever brand put an item in their clearance rack at an outlet store no less, I would think the item would be more than a $5 savings off retail when the item is retailed for $85. What is that, a 6% discount at clearance? I just don't think a clearance is only 6% off. Put it on the regular rack then.

You mention that you won't buy golf clothes unless it's a sick sale. So what if someone said come on in, I have a 'sick sale' on golf clothes and you come to find out that 'sick sale' is only 6% off? Wouldnt you be like wtf? That's my gist of my post.
[/quote]

you just need to wrap your brain around what an "outlet" really is

if you're getting something cheap at an outlet, it's likely a lower quality item specifically made at to be sold at "outlet stores"

if the pricing isn't much under retail, maybe that's because it's their actual real quality item...

just because something has a pricetag that says "originally $80, now $25" that doesn't mean it's a good deal... it's really just a cheap shirt made to a $25 price point.

complaining that a retailer is charging too much is silly, if you can get it cheaper somewhere else, then do that
nobody is forcing you to buy golf clothes anywhere... it's not as if there's only one place you can get clothes and they have a monopoly on the market.

[quote name='harold baines' timestamp='1382895112' post='8064919']
[quote name='xplyboy' timestamp='1382727553' post='8057649']

[/quote]

you just need to wrap your brain around what an "outlet" really is

if you're getting something cheap at an outlet, it's likely a lower quality item specifically made at to be sold at "outlet stores"

if the pricing isn't much under retail, maybe that's because it's their actual real quality item...

just because something has a pricetag that says "originally $80, now $25" that doesn't mean it's a good deal... it's really just a cheap shirt made to a $25 price point.

complaining that a retailer is charging too much is silly, if you can get it cheaper somewhere else, then do that
nobody is forcing you to buy golf clothes anywhere... it's not as if there's only one place you can get clothes and they have a monopoly on the market.
[/quote]

Apparently, some of you guys just are not getting what I'm complaining about. In my OP, I said I could care less what retailers charge. They can charge a million for a shirt for all I care. What I am complaining is don't put it in a CLEARANCE rack and only discount it 6% off retail. The clearance rack has always been historically in the history of all retail been a nice if not deep discount off retail, period. If they want to charge a million dollars and barely discount in this case, 6%, then don't put it in the clearance rack. That's all I'm saying