New Contracts confirmed

MCoz

[quote name='FutureOfTheTour' timestamp='1383965291' post='8121972']
Companies sign players for marketing!! Matteo has the potential to move the needle in his country just like Ryo did, and if you read the new article on the home page you will see that Callaway sales are up by 12% in asia!! I think that pays off!! Its about what the player can do for a marketing stand point. Big hitters like bubba and dustin will sale drivers to the average player. Dont overlook that these are companies looking to make money!! They do everything for a reason!!!! Building and growing their brand where they see fit.
[/quote]
Matteo's reach is beyond Italy. It has to be, there is not a lot of golf in that country the least of any of the major western European countries per capita and the Molinari bros have had the most reach. There isn't enough business to pay for three endorsements.
But Matteo remains a popular figure on the European Tour in total.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing a tour player is the closest thing golf has to a trade deadline or free agency. Sort of interesting as I do root for certain brands to win sometimes.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1383945175' post='8120702']
[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1383940623' post='8120430']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1383935674' post='8120082']
Okay, a few follow ups:
The Cally to TMAG player has been referenced early on and it is not Philly Mic. I know nothing of him going anywhere, I believe he is still under contract. Plus he has some good personal relations with the company. Any changes there would be stunning.
It is interesting to see very different motives in signing certain players among the major OEMs. Clearly Nike is very different than Callaway because they are a multi-level one brand company where Callaway is a one brand golf-only company. TMAG is also different because of their different brands under one umbrella. Ping would be more like Callaway only privately owned. Acushnet is a multi-brand Golf only company. TMAG can have players under two clubs, shoes and two clothing companies which are not necessarily just golf.
Ernie's signing maybe the sign of more to come. Bags with multiple companies clubs. So for those who want certain clubs can do so although they may not be able to have multiple club endorsements. So don't be surprised to see players with TM driver with Adams fwys and utilities with mizuno irons callaway or Cleveland wedges and an Acushnet ball, shoe and glove contract (which they can have for $$$) all in a corporate logo'd bag and hat.
By the way if anyone cares John Rollins is leaving Srixon, I think it is for Callaway also.
[/quote]

Thanks for the updates. Can you shed any light on Justin Rose? Still under contract with TM or on the move?
[/quote]
I don't know. I am sure that there will be announcements coming.

By the way Nike is also a Global company that is the largest shoe company in the world. Puma is "relatively" small by comparison. Nike sales for 2012 was over $24 Bil, Adidas Group was over $14 Bil and Puma was just under $4 bil.
[/quote]

I was referring to the post regarding golf and the statement that Nike were the biggest in shoes and clothing. I appreciate that they are the world's no.1 sports brand in terms of turnover.

[quote name='Holein8' timestamp='1383987562' post='8122828']
Okay, a few follow ups:
The Cally to TMAG player has been referenced early on and it is not Philly Mic. I know nothing of him going anywhere, I believe he is still under contract. Plus he has some good personal relations with the company. Any changes there would be stunning.
It is interesting to see very different motives in signing certain players among the major OEMs. Clearly Nike is very different than Callaway because they are a multi-level one brand company where Callaway is a one brand golf-only company. TMAG is also different because of their different brands under one umbrella. Ping would be more like Callaway only privately owned. Acushnet is a multi-brand Golf only company. TMAG can have players under two clubs, shoes and two clothing companies which are not necessarily just golf.
Ernie's signing maybe the sign of more to come. Bags with multiple companies clubs. So for those who want certain clubs can do so although they may not be able to have multiple club endorsements. So don't be surprised to see players with TM driver with Adams fwys and utilities with mizuno irons callaway or Cleveland wedges and an Acushnet ball, shoe and glove contract (which they can have for $$$) all in a corporate logo'd bag and hat.
By the way if anyone cares John Rollins is leaving Srixon, I think it is for Callaway also.
[/quote]

Thanks for the updates. Can you shed any light on Justin Rose? Still under contract with TM or on the move?
[/quote]

By the way Nike is also a Global company that is the largest shoe company in the world. Puma is "relatively" small by comparison. Nike sales for 2012 was over $24 Bil, Adidas Group was over $14 Bil and Puma was just under $4 bil.
[/quote]

I was referring to the post regarding golf and the statement that Nike were the biggest in shoes and clothing. I appreciate that they are the world's no.1 sports brand in terms of turnover.
[/quote]

...i bought a lot of Nike apparel--TW models shirts, caps,shoes--up to 2008 then stopped...

when he started winning a lot again last year i started buying them again....but i don't have a single Nike club..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1383918356' post='8118820']
[quote name='drpurpell' timestamp='1383909457' post='8118504']
[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1383881908' post='8117884']
Big question is what do they do with their old sponsor equipment?

If they don't need it, I'll take it. I'll PM them my address. :to_become_senile:
[/quote]

A lot of them keep it - I've seen pictures on here of Darren Clarke, Ernie Els, Arnold Palmer and Nick Price's club rooms at their homes - absolutely stuffed full of gear you would give your right arm for.
[/quote]

You can buy all of Pat Perez's stuff from proclubsdirect.

Seems kind of douchey for a millionaire who gets product for free to sell his old equipment rather than donate it to the first tee or something. But who knows, maybe he donated the money to charity. Or a down payment on another Lamborghini.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree 100%. And like I said on the first page I believe, Kody paid him over 25 grand for all of it. Trust me he didn't donate the money. Someone with a conscience would have given a lot of the clubs to charity like the First Tee or something like that.

Okay, a few follow ups:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This may shock you, but Puma is not in the top FIVE marketshare worldwide in apparel. And in shoes? A statistical zero worldwide. The numbers are mind-blowing. There are a complete non-factor.

[quote name='Holein8' timestamp='1383942302' post='8120508']
[quote name='Lefty94' timestamp='1383934048' post='8119988']
I'm pretty sure it isn't Phil. He was in Vegas a few weeks ago for their 2014 product shoot. From the pics we saw he figures prominently in that. No way they fly him out there and have him in all those ads, just to have to reshoot them all in 2 months after he switches. Not gonna happen.

As for Nike, club sales have never been their thing. Its been a priority for NIke golf, but not the #1. Look historically, clubs even at the height of Tiger mania in the late 90's early 2000s were never huge. For them its all about the apparel, socks, shoes and hats. Thats what they are selling and they are selling a ton of. Without # I am pretty confident that they are #1 by far in the golf appareal and shoes category. And it takes a whole lot less RD to make a shirt and sell if for $60 then it does for a $400 driver. Nike is paying for the brand and apparel sales, not club sales. Nike is about representing winners. They try to equate winning with the Nike brand. Club sales are just icing on the cake for them.
[/quote]

No.1 in the golf apparel & shoes by far??? Maybe in the US but I see more Puma gear in Europe never mind FJ and adidas!
[/quote]

The very definition of small sample size. Yes, BY FAR in apparel. And while FJ has a huge lead in shoes over Nike and adidas, Puma is nowhere to be seen. The top 3 have marketshare--no one else does. Not in a number that matters, anyway.

Puma's marketshare is a complete joke compared to Nike's.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

IIRC the original owners of puma and adidas were brothers..

unfortunately one of them is head and shoulders above the other...i have 5 adidas golf shoes but never bought any pumas although i try all the new models in stores when they come out..

never bought one though.

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

If they don't need it, I'll take it. I'll PM them my address. :to_become_senile:
[/quote]

A lot of them keep it - I've seen pictures on here of Darren Clarke, Ernie Els, Arnold Palmer and Nick Price's club rooms at their homes - absolutely stuffed full of gear you would give your right arm for.
[/quote]

Seems kind of douchey for a millionaire who gets product for free to sell his old equipment rather than donate it to the first tee or something. But who knows, maybe he donated the money to charity. Or a down payment on another Lamborghini.
[/quote]Where can you buy all of his clubs, I must be blind I dont see them there

[quote name='dtowngolf' timestamp='1384048188' post='8125616']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can buy all of Pat Perez's stuff from[color=#ff0000][size=5] proclubsdirect[/size][/color].

[/quote]Where can you buy all of his clubs, I must be blind
[/quote]

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Where can you buy all of his clubs, I must be blind I dont see them there
[/quote]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tour-Issue-TAYLOR-MADE-ATV-56-WEDGE-w-STEEL-KBS-BLACK-X-FLEX-/350919693909

"P P" stamp, Pat Perez?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='r510ti' timestamp='1384045683' post='8125444']
For a sec, I thought you meant Phil was going to TM... i was going to kill myself.
[/quote]
Really???? Maybe you take all of this a bit too much! So what you are saying that you are more of a fan of the brand than you are of Phil? If you are not an employee of Callaway or have no financial or family interest in them, then you might want to re-think what is important in your life!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1384048433' post='8125640']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can buy all of Pat Perez's stuff from[color=#ff0000][size=5] proclubsdirect[/size][/color].

[/quote]
[/quote]
I couldn't resist! I just bought a set of his r9 b's lol

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1383863657' post='8116624']
What in the heck? Ernie to Adams? Is the world coming to an end?
[/quote]
Whats next?? Bubba to Cobra?

Titleist 913 d2 Oban Devotion 04
TEE XCG6 15* Speeder vc6.0 Stiff
Titleist 909f2 18.5, Mizuno Fli-Hi 21*
Titleist AP2 712 4-PW Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey TVD 54M & 60M S400
Scotty cameron TEi3 Newpot custom

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1384064640' post='8126404']
[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1384048433' post='8125640']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I couldn't resist! I just bought a set of his r9 b's lol
[/quote]

Nice, these ones?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tour-Issue-TAYLOR-MADE-R9-TP-B-IRONS-IRON-SET-4-9-/370937640813

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Holein8' timestamp='1384074416' post='8126542']
I was only commenting what I see on the course. As I said no doubting Nike are the worlds no.1 sporting brand in terms of sales.

Recent article in WSJ confirms

[url="http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304448204579181723303715080"]http://online.wsj.co...181723303715080[/url]
[/quote]

Confirms what? That you thought Puma was a major player (which isn't even close to true) or that Nike is world #1? If it's the latter, you might as well "confirm" that the earth is round. No one disputes this, anywhere, ever. All anyone was doing was trying to set you straight on Puma after you typed this....

"No.1 in the golf apparel & shoes by far??? Maybe in the US but I see more Puma gear in Europe never mind FJ and adidas!"

[quote name='m_schroeds' timestamp='1383923408' post='8119148']
Think Matteo will switch from his SC to an Odyssey? Will most of these guys be signing full bag deals? What is the most common contract setup for the higher profile players?
[/quote]

Matteo has been playing SC since he was like 12, hard to believe but probably he will change and go for an Odissey (Larrazabal did the same thing).
Tried to ask around about the amount of the contract offered to Manny but apparently nobody nows anything... :ninja:

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1384091428' post='8126958']
[quote name='Holein8' timestamp='1384074416' post='8126542']
I was only commenting what I see on the course. As I said no doubting Nike are the worlds no.1 sporting brand in terms of sales.

Recent article in WSJ confirms

[url="http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304448204579181723303715080"]http://online.wsj.co...181723303715080[/url]
[/quote]

Confirms what? That you thought Puma was a major player (which isn't even close to true) or that Nike is world #1? If it's the latter, you might as well "confirm" that the earth is round. No one disputes this, anywhere, ever. All anyone was doing was trying to set you straight on Puma after you typed this....

"No.1 in the golf apparel &amp; shoes by far??? Maybe in the US but I see more Puma gear in Europe never mind FJ and adidas!"
[/quote]

Noooooooooo! Read what you quoted I wrote!

Never said Puma was a major player! What I said was i saw more Puma being worn on course in Europe than Nike. FJ and adidas more than anything which led me to doubt that Nike was no.1 in golf outside US.

The Earth is indeed round but there is more to this world of ours than the US of A

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1384053642' post='8125980']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tour-Issue-TAYLOR-MADE-ATV-56-WEDGE-w-STEEL-KBS-BLACK-X-FLEX-/350919693909"]http://www.ebay.com/...X-/350919693909[/url]

"P P" stamp, Pat Perez?
[/quote]

I was under the impression that all club s were given to the Pro's as "loans" and remained the property of the OEM?

[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1384097211' post='8127304']
I was under the impression that all club s were given to the Pro's as "loans" and remained the property of the OEM?
[/quote]

Nah, my brother has a garage full of clubs he's accumulated over the years. Some OEM's are more strict with resale though, TM don't really care but Titleist will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

[quote name='jmvargas' timestamp='1383991318' post='8122862']
Okay, a few follow ups:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

...i bought a lot of Nike apparel--TW models shirts, caps,shoes--up to 2008 then stopped...

when he started winning a lot again last year i started buying them again....but i don't have a single Nike club..
[/quote]

Really ? Wow....there you have it...winning sells.

Not confirmed but I'm wondering if Lydia Ko is going with Callaway? She just tweeted a pic that she met her favortie player Phil Mickelson today at the Callaway performance center. Considering she typically wears a Srixon hat, I find this interesting. That would be a huge score for Callaway on the womens side.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X