Who actually uses a stiff arm in their travel bag?

1356

Comments

  • jmvargasjmvargas Members Posts: 6,119 ✭✭
    i'm still waiting for the survey results to reach 90/10 on this....
    Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
    TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
    Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
    Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
    Giga U3 21* hybrid
    Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
    Adams V4 6H/7H
    Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
    HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
    Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
    Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
    Cleveland 588 56/60
  • Chris92009Chris92009 Members Posts: 815 ✭✭
    I always use the two together!
    #TeamTitleist
    #TCC
    #FJA
    #VokeyWedges
  • valmariovalmario Members Posts: 824 ✭✭
    I use one whenever i travel. do you guys remove your heads (adjustable clubs of course)? I havent been , but have been thinking about.
    G400 Max 9*
    RBZ Stage 2 - 14.5*
    Ping G25 20*
    PXG 0311 5-P
    Nike Engage 50/54
    PM Grind - 60
    TEI3 Newport 2 or EXO 7S or PXG Mustang
  • ZBigStickZBigStick Practice Perfect Form Members Posts: 5,313 ✭✭
    Yes, always.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]M4 9.5˚(10˚) GD TP-6[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]BB Alpha 816 16˚(15˚) Rogue I/O 70
    Apex 20˚ Kuro Kage Black 80
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Z U45 23˚ Steelfiber i95
    Z 745 5-PW Steelfiber i110 cw
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]RTX-4 50˚M, 56˚F (55˚), 60˚F S400 ti[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Spider Tour L-neck Silver
    Pro V1 2017
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TP-5[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Oakley Targetline Prizm Golf Dark[/font]
  • ryanmn4ryanmn4 Tidewater, VAMembers Posts: 204 ✭✭
    turftaker wrote:

    manglarn wrote:


    maybe i´m overly cautious but I like to put the stiff arm in the bag then wrap a towel around the heads, then to top i all of a plastic bucket goes on top. Has worked great so far.




    Really like this too. Keeps all the club heads to the confines of the bag.
    Every time I do this the TSA agents end up pulling all the clubs out anyways, and whatever time I spent elaborately wrapping my towels around my clubs was a waste. Are they leaving yours alone?



    BTW I also use a Stiff Arm...I see it as an alternative to buying far more expensive travel bag (which I'll do someday anyways).



    Also can't believe I never thought to take heads off the driver and 3-wood...will be doing that from now on.
    Driver: 2017 M1 460 10.5, Tensei Pro Orange CK 60 TX
    3-Metal: 2017 M2 15*, HZRDUS Red 6.0
    Hybrids: G30 17*, i25 22*
    Irons: i210 5-W, Project X LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Glide 50 SS, SM7 54 & 60 M Grinds
    Putter: Odyssey O Works 7s Black
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX or RXS
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members Posts: 1,748 ✭✭
    I use it all the time. As mentioned, never an issue until something happens. Why risk it.



    Would suck to arrive at your golfing destination only to find your driver snapped in half and to have to play your dream course with a persimmon hickory wood.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70s
    PXG Gen1 17* hybrid EvenFlow Blue 85g 6.0
    PXG Gen1 19* hybrid Tensei CK Blue 80g S
    Callaway Apex CF16 irons (5-AW) Recoil 110 F4
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Cleveland CBX 58*
    Bettinardi Inovai 2.0
    WITB Link
  • golfdad907golfdad907 Play fast, have fun Members Posts: 3,101


    I use it all the time. As mentioned, never an issue until something happens. Why risk it.



    Would suck to arrive at your golfing destination only to find your driver snapped in half and to have to play your dream course with a persimmon hickory wood.




    What Johnny said above.
    2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
    RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
    RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
    XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
    Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
    Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
    X Forged C Grind 52*
    PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
    Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
    Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year
  • BillyZ2BillyZ2 Members Posts: 5,248
    golfdad907 wrote:



    I use it all the time. As mentioned, never an issue until something happens. Why risk it.



    Would suck to arrive at your golfing destination only to find your driver snapped in half and to have to play your dream course with a persimmon hickory wood.




    What Johnny said above.
    It sounds like a great excuse to get a new driver! I guess you got to think positive.
  • golfdad907golfdad907 Play fast, have fun Members Posts: 3,101
    Better question, for those NOT using a Stiff Arm (private jets excluded) why aren't you?
    2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
    RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
    RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
    XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
    Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
    Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
    X Forged C Grind 52*
    PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
    Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
    Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year
  • DDUNES56DDUNES56 ClubWRX Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Southwest airlines snapped my ad-di a few years ago, been using one ever since. I like the dowel idea too!
  • HathstauwkHathstauwk Members Posts: 984
    edited Jun 28, 2015 #72
    I just saw a Twitter post from Bubba Watson wherein he showed how he likes to bring his xbox with him when traveling alone. In the background of the picture was his Ping driver and a Club Glove stiff arm!!
    Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree, Oban Devolution 6 (03 stiffness) 65g
    TE Exotics CB2 3w 15 degree Proforce V2
    Mizuno JPX 825 19 deg Hybrid fujikura s
    Ping i20 blue dot, Rifle Project X 5.5
    Cleveland RTX 588 56 degree, Rotex 2.0
    Ping Anser 2i isopur
  • ChilidogChilidog Members Posts: 3,970 ✭✭
    Always, always, always use a stiff arm.
  • reflectionreflection Members Posts: 97
    golfdad907 wrote:


    Better question, for those NOT using a Stiff Arm (private jets excluded) why aren't you?




    Not using a stiff arm because I prefer a hard case. I have an SKB hard case. I just place my golf bag in the case and close it up. No need to wrap the clubs in towels or extra padding. No hassle. Smaller than a last bag or burst proof (with golf bag inside).



    There are lots of posts in this forum about golf club damage with soft travel bags.
  • jmvargasjmvargas Members Posts: 6,119 ✭✭
    reflection wrote:

    golfdad907 wrote:


    Better question, for those NOT using a Stiff Arm (private jets excluded) why aren't you?




    Not using a stiff arm because I prefer a hard case. I have an SKB hard case. I just place my golf bag in the case and close it up. No need to wrap the clubs in towels or extra padding. No hassle. Smaller than a last bag or burst proof (with golf bag inside).



    There are lots of posts in this forum about golf club damage with soft travel bags.






    ...i agree that high quality hard cases--specially the SKB-probably provide the best protection when travelling with our prized equipment but man!...they're so heavy!!



    i had the SKB double recurve case for my archery equipment carrying 2 complete set-ups when i traveled to major events and they weighed more than 50lbs.......finally sold it and got 2 smaller hard cases for this purpose...



    the stiff-arm is really geared for those who use soft cases as it's going to be redundant if you already have a good hard case...
    Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
    TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
    Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
    Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
    Giga U3 21* hybrid
    Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
    Adams V4 6H/7H
    Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
    HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
    Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
    Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
    Cleveland 588 56/60
  • jrshields3jrshields3 Lefty Boomers Posts: 580 ✭✭
    I have used a stiff arm since I started travelling with my clubs. Why not have the extra level of protection?
    Titleist TS2, 8.5*/ PX EvenFlow 65 stiff;
    Titleist 915 Fd 13.5*/ PX EvenFlow 75 stiff;
    Titleist 915 F 18*/ PX EvenFlow Blue 85 x stiff;
    Mizuno JPX 919/ Nippon Modus3 120 x stiff;
    Vokey SM6 46*F/TT DG x100;
    Vokey SM6 50*F/ TT DG x100;
    Vokey SM6 54*S/ TT DG s200;
    Vokey Hand ground 58*T/ TT DG s400;
    Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro V1x
  • KPH808KPH808 Participation Trophy ClubWRX Posts: 2,634 ClubWRX
    Never travel without it
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=times new roman,times,serif]Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
    TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
    TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
    Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
    Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
    Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M
    [/font]
    [/font]
  • Tax Man GolfethTax Man Golfeth Allergic to birdies. Members Posts: 371
    I use a broomstick, but might add a second. I put it in the center, and then organize the longest clubs in the middle and then work outwards. I wrap the long clubs together with the stick using a beach towel, then wrap blue tape around the towel. Then I wrap another towel around the outside ring of irons and wedges and tape that up too. Then the rain cover goes on. It's pretty stout. Never thought to remove the driver head, but will be doing that going forward. Don't forget to pack the tape for the return trip. After it goes in the bag, I might stuff shoes and other stuff in the top of the bag.
    SLDR 9.5 w/ Speeder 757
    Titleist 904f 4W w/ S300
    Ping G20 17* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 85 2.0
    Ping S56 5-9 w/ KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey 46, 52, 56 & 60
    Ping WACK-E putter
  • purdypurdy Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Same here, I just use a broom handle and extra towels
  • ChipDriverChipDriver Members Posts: 3,057 ✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2016 #80


    Been using my travel bag without a stiff arm forever, no problems. Does the stiff arm just give a false impression of safety?



    btw, just because your stiff arms bends, breaks, plastic piece shatters... doesn't mean ur clubs would've broke.







    Who actually uses a stiff arm in their travel bag?




    If you use a travel bag - don't knock the people using a stiff arm. You're sort of making fun of yourself b/c both are basically like insurance - it's peace of mind if you actually need it, and it's peace of mind if you don't.



    Prior to getting Club Glove as a gift - I used a plain old canvas cover with a zipper...for about 10 years. I put all the club into the 2 middle slots in my bag and snaked a big long towel among and around the heads. I got a Club Glove as a gift so I started using that....and guess what? I still pack all the clubs in the 2 middle slots of the bag, and wrap a towel around the heads. More than a Club Glove, or a Stiff Arm (I don't use one)....I think I'd freak out if I didn't have the towel! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • njlamnjlam Members Posts: 903 ✭✭
    Toph84 wrote:


    Go to the hardware store and buy a wooden dowel rod for $2 to $4 and have it cut to whatever length you need for your travel bag. Get 1/2" or bigger. Wrap a towel on the end of the dowel if its too short.




    I did this in the old days....until it broke in transit....wood is just not as strong as metal....clubs were okay.



    However now I have a real Stiff Arm. Cheap insurance. Crazy to not have one.
    Driver: Ping Rapture 12 w/MR Diamana BB R
    Woods: Ping G25 4w & 7w w/MR Diamana BB R
    Hybrid: Sonartec MD 25 w/MR Diamana BB R
    Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Issue w/DG S400
    Putter: Ping Anser 2 BeCu w/Winn 1.32
    Ball: Callaway Chromesoft Truvis
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,605 ✭✭
    Why wouldn't you use one?
    Yadi for President
  • ChipDriverChipDriver Members Posts: 3,057 ✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2016 #83
    BYK wrote:


    Why wouldn't you use one?




    No real need for it? Other equally effective solutions? It's a $30 "broom stick" VS well...a broom stick. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    FWIW - this is Club Glove's own information about the stiff arm - warranty info:



    This product is designed to minimize vertical impact damage to your valuable clubs while inside a Club Glove® travel bag. It is by no means indestructible. Each impact the Stiff Arm® absorbs will weaken its protective qualities. To maximize your club protection we recommend that you inspect your Stiff Arm® after each use and replace it as needed (The Stiff Arm® is a far less expensive replacement than a new driver). If your Stiff Arm® is damaged and your clubs are not, it has done its job.

    This product is “disposable”, and is offered for sale “AS IS”. This means that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacture, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.



    WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF USE. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state.




    It means - you buy it - we don't guarantee it will protect anything - even if your driver breaks, or the Stiff Arm breaks - it's all on you.



    With today's adjustable drivers one could avoid even a broomstick by removing the driver head and sticking it in a pocket.
  • PondyPondy Sanibel Island, FL Members Posts: 2,496
    Who actually uses a stiff arm in their travel bag?



    If you're like me, and your bag contains almost $2,000 worth of clubs, the $24.99 cost of the stiff arm is insurance at pennies on the dollar. Nowadays, its not hard to have a $2,000 bag (at replacement cost). The driver alone is $300 - $500, and it is the most likely club to be broken.



    As some have said, its not a problem, until its a problem.
    Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
    Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
    5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
    Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
    Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
    Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
    Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
    Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
    Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
    Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
    Handicap 27.1
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,108 ✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2016 #85
    I've always used one, but I travel with those that don't use one. Everything has been fine for all. But using one or the homemade equivalent, is cheap insurance. I like the store bought because aluminum is very strong and it collapses way down for storage.
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,605 ✭✭
    ChipDriver wrote:

    BYK wrote:


    Why wouldn't you use one?




    No real need for it? Other equally effective solutions? It's a $30 "broom stick" VS well...a broom stick. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    FWIW - this is Club Glove's own information about the stiff arm - warranty info:



    This product is designed to minimize vertical impact damage to your valuable clubs while inside a Club Glove® travel bag. It is by no means indestructible. Each impact the Stiff Arm® absorbs will weaken its protective qualities. To maximize your club protection we recommend that you inspect your Stiff Arm® after each use and replace it as needed (The Stiff Arm® is a far less expensive replacement than a new driver). If your Stiff Arm® is damaged and your clubs are not, it has done its job.

    This product is “disposable”, and is offered for sale “AS IS”. This means that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacture, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.



    WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF USE. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state.




    It means - you buy it - we don't guarantee it will protect anything - even if your driver breaks, or the Stiff Arm breaks - it's all on you.



    With today's adjustable drivers one could avoid even a broomstick by removing the driver head and sticking it in a pocket.




    Well, don't use one if you don't feel like it, or have other options

    I use my religiously and feel it does a great job protecting my sticks

    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Yadi for President
  • ChipDriverChipDriver Members Posts: 3,057 ✭✭
    BYK wrote:

    ChipDriver wrote:

    BYK wrote:


    Why wouldn't you use one?




    No real need for it? Other equally effective solutions? It's a $30 "broom stick" VS well...a broom stick. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    FWIW - this is Club Glove's own information about the stiff arm - warranty info:



    This product is designed to minimize vertical impact damage to your valuable clubs while inside a Club Glove® travel bag. It is by no means indestructible. Each impact the Stiff Arm® absorbs will weaken its protective qualities. To maximize your club protection we recommend that you inspect your Stiff Arm® after each use and replace it as needed (The Stiff Arm® is a far less expensive replacement than a new driver). If your Stiff Arm® is damaged and your clubs are not, it has done its job.

    This product is “disposable”, and is offered for sale “AS IS”. This means that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacture, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.



    WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF USE. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state.




    It means - you buy it - we don't guarantee it will protect anything - even if your driver breaks, or the Stiff Arm breaks - it's all on you.



    With today's adjustable drivers one could avoid even a broomstick by removing the driver head and sticking it in a pocket.




    Well, don't use one if you don't feel like it, or have other options

    I use my religiously and feel it does a great job protecting my sticks

    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Sorry - I thought you were asking an honest question, not a rhetorical one. I agree if it gives you peace of mind - do it, it's cheap.



    My point is that what you and I think it might do - the manufacturer doesn't care....and goes out of its way to disclaim everything about it. By it's own language they could sell you a bad one - and they are saying it's not their problem.
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,108 ✭✭
    ChipDriver wrote:

    BYK wrote:

    ChipDriver wrote:

    BYK wrote:


    Why wouldn't you use one?




    No real need for it? Other equally effective solutions? It's a $30 "broom stick" VS well...a broom stick. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    FWIW - this is Club Glove's own information about the stiff arm - warranty info:



    This product is designed to minimize vertical impact damage to your valuable clubs while inside a Club Glove® travel bag. It is by no means indestructible. Each impact the Stiff Arm® absorbs will weaken its protective qualities. To maximize your club protection we recommend that you inspect your Stiff Arm® after each use and replace it as needed (The Stiff Arm® is a far less expensive replacement than a new driver). If your Stiff Arm® is damaged and your clubs are not, it has done its job.

    This product is “disposable”, and is offered for sale “AS IS”. This means that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacture, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.



    WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF USE. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state.




    It means - you buy it - we don't guarantee it will protect anything - even if your driver breaks, or the Stiff Arm breaks - it's all on you.



    With today's adjustable drivers one could avoid even a broomstick by removing the driver head and sticking it in a pocket.




    Well, don't use one if you don't feel like it, or have other options

    I use my religiously and feel it does a great job protecting my sticks

    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Sorry - I thought you were asking an honest question, not a rhetorical one. I agree if it gives you peace of mind - do it, it's cheap.



    My point is that what you and I think it might do - the manufacturer doesn't care....and goes out of its way to disclaim everything about it. By it's own language they could sell you a bad one - and they are saying it's not their problem.


    With Club Glove I think that is done by the attorneys to protect themselves. But to be honest I had an issue with one of their bags that got a hole worn in it during a rough flight. They couldn't have been more accommodating and replaced the bag promptly.
  • ChipDriverChipDriver Members Posts: 3,057 ✭✭
    Andy L wrote:

    ChipDriver wrote:

    BYK wrote:

    ChipDriver wrote:

    BYK wrote:


    Why wouldn't you use one?




    No real need for it? Other equally effective solutions? It's a $30 "broom stick" VS well...a broom stick. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    FWIW - this is Club Glove's own information about the stiff arm - warranty info:



    This product is designed to minimize vertical impact damage to your valuable clubs while inside a Club Glove® travel bag. It is by no means indestructible. Each impact the Stiff Arm® absorbs will weaken its protective qualities. To maximize your club protection we recommend that you inspect your Stiff Arm® after each use and replace it as needed (The Stiff Arm® is a far less expensive replacement than a new driver). If your Stiff Arm® is damaged and your clubs are not, it has done its job.

    This product is "disposable", and is offered for sale "AS IS". This means that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacture, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.



    WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST COAST TRENDS, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF USE. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state.




    It means - you buy it - we don't guarantee it will protect anything - even if your driver breaks, or the Stiff Arm breaks - it's all on you.



    With today's adjustable drivers one could avoid even a broomstick by removing the driver head and sticking it in a pocket.




    Well, don't use one if you don't feel like it, or have other options

    I use my religiously and feel it does a great job protecting my sticks

    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Sorry - I thought you were asking an honest question, not a rhetorical one. I agree if it gives you peace of mind - do it, it's cheap.



    My point is that what you and I think it might do - the manufacturer doesn't care....and goes out of its way to disclaim everything about it. By it's own language they could sell you a bad one - and they are saying it's not their problem.


    With Club Glove I think that is done by the attorneys to protect themselves. But to be honest I had an issue with one of their bags that got a hole worn in it during a rough flight. They couldn't have been more accommodating and replaced the bag promptly.




    The bag is not the same thing as the stiff arm.



    The bag guarantees it will provide some level of protection. The stiff arm does not.
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,768 ✭✭
    I use an SKB hard case and also use the Stiff Arm. My little ultralight carry bag, even with 14 clubs, isn't nearly big enough to fill up the SKB. WIthout the Stiff Arm the clubs/bag can shift several inches back and forth inside the case. The Stiff Arm locks everything into place "vertically" and also tends to damp down any movement from side to side.



    Agree with the earlier comment about the futility of elaborate wrapping and packaging schemes inside your bag. All my travel is international and maybe it's different domestically but the TSA folks at my home airport always pull the clubs out of the bag and put them back. I can't imagine they would spend 20 minutes re-wrapping towels or socks or whatever around each club. And the guys at the European airport won't either, presumably.
    Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.
  • SwingBladeSwingBlade SoCalMembers Posts: 871 ✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2016 #91
    I'm an airline pilot. I've spent many, many years on the ramps walking around and under the planes as the golf bags are being loaded and unloaded. I would only say that if you don't use an SKB hard side with big beach towels wrapped in and around the clubs or a BagBoy with the stiff arm and the beach towels, you are quite simply playing with fire. You have absolutely no idea what sometimes happens to your clubs as they are being chucked up in the hold. If you did, you would probably never ship them that way.
    Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 10.5 ATMOS TS Blue 6S 44.25” D5 14g/6g wts
    Cobra King F9 Speedback 4W & 6W ATMOS TS Blue 7S D3
    Miura CB57 4-PW KBS Tour Black Pearl S D5-D7
    Miura K-grind 52, 56, 60, & 64 KBS Wedge S D8
    Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794)
    Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder (2019)
    Pro V1X

    Backup/travel: '18 M3 440, M1/M2 FW's, MP-64's and Vokey WedgeWorks 52F, 56V & 60V
Sign In or Register to comment.