Odyssey O Works

Comments

• Grip It & Rip It 82Grip It & Rip It 82 Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Rolled the O-Works today. Beautiful roll off the face. Hit the 1W, #7 and CH Fang against the Taylor Made Spider Tour putters and the new Ping Sigma G lines and the Odyssey's won by a mile. The 1W was very nice. The #7 which I have always been a fan of actually felt too light in this series. The CH Fang was perfection. I hit the first 6 12 foot putts I rolled with it. Will have to grab one of these. Only debate would be whether to go stock or order custom with black shaft. Great job once again Odyssey.
  • Pinger89Pinger89 ghostbear Members Posts: 540
    Confirmed. Odyssey will be releasing WBW versions of the 1W, 9, and 7 end of April.
    Callaway XR16 Pro UST VTS Silver TourSPX 7s
    Callaway GBB Epic 15 UST VTS Silver TourSPX 8s
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 2 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)
    Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 3 (TBD)
    Maltby DBM Forged 5-9 (Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120s)
    Maltby DBM Forged P-G (Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Wedge 115)
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 54.10 - 58.08 (Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Wedge 125)
    Edel E-3 Torque Balanced
    Winn Dri-Tac Midsize / Iomic Sticky 2.3 / SuperStroke 1.0 Flatso
    WITB Link
  • rslewis13rslewis13 Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    JStang wrote:

I just ordered a 2 ball from Golf USA with 15% off. I had one on order with Callaway but cancelled last week. Glad I did!

Thanks for the tip, just bought myself a V-Line Fang birthday present.
    [font=georgia,serif]TaylorMade M1 10.5[/font]º [font=georgia, serif]– Oban Kiyoshi Purple[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]TaylorMade M1 15º – Fujikura Pro
    TaylorMade M2 Rescue 22º – Matrix Ozik
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW – Modus Tour 120
    Vokey SM5 52º, 56º & 60º
    Oddyssey O-Works V-Line Fang[/font]
  • Sanfran328Sanfran328 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I just went into the PGA Superstore today to hit some balls at their launch monitor/video practice facilities. On my way out, I stopped by the putting area to try out some different models, no plans on buying one. I'm not really an equipment ho like many of you, but I'll certainly try new equipment if I think it will improve my game. My go to putter for many years has been a Ping Anser.

I tried at least a dozen puttters, and kept coming back to the O Works 7, with a 38" shaft. I'm 6'3", and the extra length just felt right in my setup, with the extra grip almost feeling like a counter-balance. The head feels heavy, which helps me with a smooth pendulum stroke. And the face feels buttery smooth. The 2 weights really felt like they made the putter more forgiving when the ball is not struck dead center.

I made a lot of putts, and of course, like so many of us, I gave into the tantalizing temptations of the Golf Goddess. I'm now the proud owner of my first Odyssey putter. I can''t wait to get it on the course.

Cheers!

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,376 ClubWRX
    If you got a 38" #7, it is a "tank", head is 25g heavier than the stock #7
    TM Mini 11.5 Pro white 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Warrick wrote:

If you got a 38" #7, it is a "tank", head is 25g heavier than the stock #7

You are absolutely right, Warrick. You really know your putters!

Years ago, when I played Bulls Eye putters, I had a light one for fast greens and a heavier one for slow greens. Now, I feel like the extra weight just swings so smoothly.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,376 ClubWRX
    I am a bit of an Odyssey homer.....

I should have an O works insert putter here in the near future.
    TM Mini 11.5 Pro white 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • BillyZ2BillyZ2 Members Posts: 5,248
    Sanfran328 wrote:

I just went into the PGA Superstore today to hit some balls at their launch monitor/video practice facilities. On my way out, I stopped by the putting area to try out some different models, no plans on buying one. I'm not really an equipment ho like many of you,......... I'm now the proud owner of my first Odyssey putter.

Cheers!
    You're not an equipment ho like many others??? rotf, sure, that's believable. Enjoy the putter, they are very nice!
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    Can we take a second to appreciate how good the feel of the O-Works putters are? I know feel is subjective but I thought last year's RX putter line was absolutely brutal. As a result, I had zero expectations for the O-Works line but I was absolutely blown away at how good they were. I picked up a 2-Ball. Great job Odyssey
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]

Can we take a second to appreciate how good the feel of the O-Works putters are? I know feel is subjective but I thought last year's RX putter line was absolutely brutal. As a result, I had zero expectations for the O-Works line but I was absolutely blown away at how good they were. I picked up a 2-Ball. Great job Odyssey

I had similar expectations of the O works line to the RX line, because I totally disliked the RX feel. Although, the O line surprised me, what a great feel it has! Nice crisp click lends to good lagging ability for me.
    BillyZ2 wrote:

Sanfran328 wrote:

I just went into the PGA Superstore today to hit some balls at their launch monitor/video practice facilities. On my way out, I stopped by the putting area to try out some different models, no plans on buying one. I'm not really an equipment ho like many of you,......... I'm now the proud owner of my first Odyssey putter.

Cheers!
    You're not an equipment ho like many others??? rotf, sure, that's believable. Enjoy the putter, they are very nice!

Welllll....I wasn't before I started spending so much time on these forums. I think some of you are planting subliminal messages in your posts, forcing me to buy new equipment against my will. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Meanwhile, I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to have a launch monitor...
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,548 ✭✭

Has anyone tried to remove the sole weights yet? It looks like a simple star bit screwdriver can be used to take the screw out.

- Josh

Doesn't a Callaway driver/wood wrench work?
  • TheGeekGolferTheGeekGolfer Just beat the Huskies! Go Cougs! Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I tried several o-works series putters on the indoor green the other day. I could feel the difference, but not in a good way. There was a definite 'spring' effect, launched the ball with what seemed like more skid, ball off the ground. Had a hard time controlling distance.
    Who has already put the two ball in play this year, and how do you like it?
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife Members Posts: 683 ✭✭
    I couldn't resist and had to run to the PGA Superstore last week to demo these. I really liked the 1 tank and 1W I believe they were. I normally have a ping answer style putter and didn't care much for the regular 1.

I have a NP2 and didn't feel like the insert was as soft but that's not what I was looking for in this putter. I putted a lot growing up with Yes! putters and really liked how they rolled with that C-groove pattern. I felt like these O-works putters gave me that same sensation of knowing the ball was rolling on its line sooner than other putters. Except with these the weighting was 10x better than Yes!

I can't wait to purchase one but will probably have to wait until a sell a few old clubs or get some shop credit. I'd prefer the black shaft you can get if you order directly with Callaway.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I tried several o-works series putters on the indoor green the other day. I could feel the difference, but not in a good way. There was a definite 'spring' effect, launched the ball with what seemed like more skid, ball off the ground. Had a hard time controlling distance.

I was the opposite really. I got a fantastic feel off each putt with zero skid. To me, they appear to have a huge sweet spot that I can hit over and over. Again this is just from experience, I felt that each putter from the RX line felt like I was putting with a rotten branch. I just couldn't hit any sweet spot at all on them.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    BillyZ2 wrote:

I have and it's fantastic. The golf club that I am a member of has notoriously quick greens and it's rolls very nice on them. I ordered a PING Milled Anser 5 that should arrive tomorrow so after my testing of both putters, I will decide which one I am going to stick with.
  • YosefYosef Members Posts: 984 ✭✭

BillyZ2 wrote:

I have and it's fantastic. The golf club that I am a member of has notoriously quick greens and it's rolls very nice on them. I ordered a PING Milled Anser 5 that should arrive tomorrow so after my testing of both putters, I will decide which one I am going to stick with.

I agree, I've played with the new 2 ball one time. Very nice, need to tweak the loft a little, but overall very happy.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 -- Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5
    RBZ 14.5 -- Aldila Rip 8x
    MP Fil Hi 18 -- X100
    MP 64s 4-PW -- Modus 3 120TX
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 60M -- Modus 125
    Evnroll ER8
  • vitesse10vitesse10 Members Posts: 79

Has anyone tried to remove the sole weights yet? It looks like a simple star bit screwdriver can be used to take the screw out.

- Josh

I have removed the sole weight on my o-works 1w, with a standard club wrench. There were no markings on the weights.
  • Zip-in-ZZip-in-Z Z-Z's First Love - 1970 Members Posts: 825 ✭✭
    Picked up a 50 gr counter balance weight and installed it in the butt of the S/S grip on my O-W's Fang .... for me a much smoother stroke and better consistency on those longer 20-25 footers.

D.
    Ping G400 Driver - Tensei Pro Orange 60 or Tour Ad Di6 Stiff
    Ping G400 14.5* 3 Wood - Tour Ad Di8-S
    Ping G400 22* HYB -Tour AD Di-85S Hybrid
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-9i - Steelfiber i95S
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Tour AD Di85 Stiff
    Titleist SM6 Steelfiber i110S - 46-50-56-60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Laguna
    Sun Mountain C130 bag V1 Sport Cart
    Garmin Approach G80
  • LakeeffectgolfLakeeffectgolf Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    I picked up a #2 today. I like it. The feel off the face and the sound is different but as good as anything I've ever tried. My oldest son says it feels soft but still hot off the face at the same time. I do like the contrast and site lines at address and it does help for quicker alignment. I really like how fast I can set the face.
  • Gh0stGh0st Members Posts: 76
    Pulled the Trigger on a Vline Fang with the CH. I have always used a double bend and wonder how this will differ. I love the headshape.
    Driver : callaway.jpg GBB 10.5 Stiff
    Fairway : callaway.jpg GBB Heavenwood
    Irons: callaway.jpg Apex 3-AW
    Wedges: callaway.jpg MD3 56/60
    Ball: callaway.jpg Chrome Soft
    Putter: odyssey.jpg - V Line White Hot 2.0
    Bag: callaway.jpg GBB Stand bag
  • Big Oh!Big Oh! Knownuttin Members Posts: 51
    I was gaming the Odyssey RSX Milled number 7 for the last few weeks having broke up with my Scotty Mallet. I was pretty happy until I saw the O Works #7. the color scheme lines me up real nice and I prefer the feel to the RSX. So now I am the proud owner of two Odyssey #7s.

I'm a hoe, you know I'm a hoe,

How do you know cause I told you so!

And I own 7 expensive putters!
    Driver - MizinoST-80 10.5 Degree
    Fairway - MIzuno ST180 15 and18 Degree
    Hybrid - Mizuno CLK Hybrid 22 Degree
    Irons - Mizuno - JPX-900 Hot Metal, 5 - PW
    Wedges - Mizuno S-18 50-56-60
    Putter - EVNROLL 1.2 Tour Blade
    Ball - Titleist AVX and Tour Soft
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭
    Do you think they'll ever release a rossie in o-works?
    What's in my bag:
    Srixon Z785 9.5* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX 45.5"
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X 42.75"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"
    Big Oh! wrote:

I was gaming the Odyssey RSX Milled number 7 for the last few weeks having broke up with my Scotty Mallet. I was pretty happy until I saw the O Works #7. the color scheme lines me up real nice and I prefer the feel to the RSX. So now I am the proud owner of two Odyssey #7s.

Please don't think that I'm taking a shot at you here cause I'm not but would you not be better off with just 1 #7? That way you could concentrate on one putter and become a better putter in the long term.
  • AllstateMaineAllstateMaine Banned Posts: 626
    I rolled it and it wasn't for me. Sadly, it's going to have to be sold. If anyone is looking, let me know. 1W in 34" with 15 gram counter weight
  • Mikey TownMikey Town Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭

Big Oh! wrote:

Please don't think that I'm taking a shot at you here cause I'm not but would you not be better off with just 1 #7? That way you could concentrate on one putter and become a better putter in the long term.

LOL

Give yourself a few more months on WRX... You'll understand. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    TaylorMade Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
    Bridgestone Irons
    Vokey Wedges
    Byron Morgan Putter(s)
    WITB Link
    Mikey Town wrote:

Big Oh! wrote:

LOL

Give yourself a few more months on WRX... You'll understand. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Does everyone's putter collection on here grow? Haha
  • Mikey TownMikey Town Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭

Mikey Town wrote:

Big Oh! wrote:

LOL

Does everyone's putter collection on here grow? Haha

Yes... well... unless you don't have a putter collection. In that case, it begins!
    TaylorMade Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
    Bridgestone Irons
    Vokey Wedges
    Byron Morgan Putter(s)
    WITB Link
  • MondoJMondoJ Members Posts: 172
    scottb15 wrote:
    Rsx feels much better than oworks

+1 on that but the O works rolls the ball better not by much but better