Odyssey O Works

Calibama27

The microhinge face was a major flop for me. Tried a #2 that didn't make it past the putting green and a #7 Tank that made it two rounds and was returned. The face is too soft and inconsistent. It's nearly impossible to hit a ball hard enough on lag putts and had very sporadic results inside of ten feet. Hit 3 balls from 10' and one would come off the face dead, the next would blast by and the third would kind of feel right. Two rounds of this was quite enough. I love Odyssey putters, these...not at all.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The microhinge face was a major flop for me. Tried a #2 that didn't make it past the putting green and a #7 Tank that made it two rounds and was returned. The face is too soft and inconsistent. It's nearly impossible to hit a ball hard enough on lag putts and had very sporadic results inside of ten feet. Hit 3 balls from 10' and one would come off the face dead, the next would blast by and the third would kind of feel right. Two rounds of this was quite enough. I love Odyssey putters, these...not at all.

I had a very similar experience with the microhinge face. I initially thought the soft feel was fantastic but after a few rounds, I realised that there was very little feedback on whether you struck it brilliantly, fairly or poorly. It's too soft for me. While I feel compelled to roll the Spider Tours when I can get my hands on them, I have gone with the Sigma G Piper 3. From my experience, the Sigma G putters are still on the soft side albeit noticeably harder than the O-Works and the Sigma G's offer more feedback on how good or bad your putt was.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Thanks to Continental Golf!!!

What finish is this considered? Looks great.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Has anyone pulled the weights on these?

What does it look like when you pull them?

I was curious if you can add some weight in there.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Has anyone pulled the weights on these?

What does it look like when you pull them?

I was curious if you can add some weight in there.

Thanks Hot Rod, much appreciated.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

So my 1w had its debut at the course today. Underwhelmed. Already on eBay.

It doesn't roll anywhere as smoothly as my Big T Blade, and the feel is awful.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

So my 1w had its debut at the course today. Underwhelmed. Already on eBay.

It doesn't roll anywhere as smoothly as my Big T Blade, and the feel is awful.

That's a bummer. I have never putted better in my life than I am with my 38" #7. I can't say I'm blown away by the feel...but I've never been a big feel guy when it comes to putting anyway. I want results and I'll get used to whatever feel works best. Just goes to show that putters, and putting in general, are so unique to each individual person.

Swapped out grips and added the counter balance weight .... mine is 35" now D7 S/W & rolls nice.

D.

d_zpspeqtnup2.jpg

d1_zpsozipnqw3.jpg

d2_zpsrkb30wkt.jpg

d3_zps5vdi0xx2.jpg

d4_zpsxwgmnlak.jpg

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

Has anyone who purchased a Tank model removed the cap in the grip? Mine has no weight at all in it. Is this standard?

I believe yes .... mine didn't have one and others here have made the same observation.

D.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very similar experience with the microhinge face. I initially thought the soft feel was fantastic but after a few rounds, I realised that there was very little feedback on whether you struck it brilliantly, fairly or poorly. It's too soft for me. While I feel compelled to roll the Spider Tours when I can get my hands on them, I have gone with the Sigma G Piper 3. From my experience, the Sigma G putters are still on the soft side albeit noticeably harder than the O-Works and the Sigma G's offer more feedback on how good or bad your putt was.

Dang I'm feeling the same way with mine. Love everything about the #9 I got but Im not liking the feel at all on short putts. Feels ok from outside 10 ft but still coming up short on everything. You guys recommend any previous models with a little more pop on the insert?

• 2 weeks later...

Dang I'm feeling the same way with mine. Love everything about the #9 I got but Im not liking the feel at all on short putts. Feels ok from outside 10 ft but still coming up short on everything. You guys recommend any previous models with a little more pop on the insert?

totally agree no touch with the micro on lag putts... way too soft..... Please make a #7 WHP again, love the bigger head and best insert ever

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

totally agree no touch with the micro on lag putts... way too soft..... Please make a #7 WHP again, love the bigger head and best insert ever

I'm having the opposite of you guys. I cant lag a putt to save my life at the moment. Its always 10 ft past or 10 ft short. That being said, I think I've only missed one putt inside 5ft in 3 rounds now. I'm hoping the lag putting gets better, just using it more.

I'm having the opposite of you guys. I cant lag a putt to save my life at the moment. Its always 10 ft past or 10 ft short. That being said, I think I've only missed one putt inside 5ft in 3 rounds now. I'm hoping the lag putting gets better, just using it more.

Lots of practice from 30' will help, but don't just putt 3 or 4 balls in a row all the time. Take one ball and practice one or two putting from 30'. It gets the mind in a game type situation mode.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Lots of practice from 30' will help, but don't just putt 3 or 4 balls in a row all the time. Take one ball and practice one or two putting from 30'. It gets the mind in a game type situation mode.

Thank you sir. Coming from a Scotty stainless, its just a much different feel. Just need to do what you said and get used to it.

Picked up a 2 ball O-Works because I'm not a big fan of the paint schemes and the 2 ball is pretty plain. I'm a fan so far just using indoors on my mat in the basement. Really like the feel.

I'll hold out a bit for an all black #7 and if they don't come to retail then I'll probably get a #7 and break out the paint.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

A couple observations after using the V-Line Fang a few rounds. First, it's staying in the bag for the foreseeable future. After going through a number of putters over the last few years (including two Scottys, two Bettinardis, a TP Mills, and probably some others), I can finally say I am ready to commit.

Having said that, it's not the prettiest putter I've ever seen. I actually contacted Continental Golf last week after seeing csiachos post and the work they did. But I realized that despite being ugly, for me, the big white alignment aid is actually helping. I've never been a particularly great putter, but I have been very consistent lately with alignment and getting the ball started in the right direction, and I can say my misses were purely misreads and not just a bad strikes. I think the white alignment is a big part of that.

Second, I wish it was a bit heavier. I believe the weight is 353 grams and mine is 33.5" in length. I think with a bit more weight, longer putts on faster greens might be a bit easier to control. Hopefully Callaway/Odyssey releases weights so I can test it out with added weight.

I can understand if it's not for everyone with the look, and inserts can feel different to different people, but overall though, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for help with alignment and getting the ball rolling properly. I'm pretty happy with this purchase and will be throwing a few sticks up on the BST as a result.

Ping G400 LST 10.5º - Oban Kiyoshi Purple
Titleist TSi2 15º - Tensei Blue 75

TaylorMade M2 Rescue 22º – Matrix Ozik
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW – Modus Tour 120

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour GW - Modus Tour 120
Vokey SM7 56.10º S & 60.14º K
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Been using OWorks #1W Tank for a couple of weeks. Feel/Sound is great (IMO) and have been making short to mid putts with it. not having the same feedback as others with mis hits, has been pretty consistent across the face.Don't love the look, would like to get it refinished all black with just a white line. Longer putts have taken a bit to get a feel for, but no different than any other stick that I have used. It has supplanted my Ping Cadence Anser 2 CB. These are my first two forays into CB putters for what its worth...

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5* Tensei Blue 65 S 
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16* AeroTech Steel Fiber FC HYB S (+1/2")
Srixon ZU85 4(22*) UST Recoil f3
Callaway Apex ‘21 5/6 UST Recoil SW 780 f4 (+1/2")
Callaway Apex Pro ‘21 7-AW UST Recoil SW 780 f4 (+1/2")
Callaway MD5 Tour 54*S /60*T DG S200 (+1/2")
Toulon San Diego 34” or Odyssey #1 Tank CB 38” 
Callaway Chrome Soft 3's

Has anyone who purchased a Tank model removed the cap in the grip? Mine has no weight at all in it. Is this standard?

I believe yes .... mine didn't have one and others here have made the same observation.

D.

I was surprised there was no weight in it either and assume the counterbalance is gained by how long the actual grip is due to the weight of the extra length. Was considering maybe throwing a 25g weight in to see how it plays. Anybody else stuck a weight in?

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Ping Blueprint S 4-PW
SM10 Nickel Wedges 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Phantom 9.5

I've been doing a lot of putter testing lately. I didn't even pick up the 1w just based on the paint job. Tho that head shape appeals to me.

Today I decided to try it out and came away very impressed. Our greens are lightning fast right now and my distance control was outstanding. Short putts were easy to line up and made most. No 3 putts, which I've been doing more than normal with my Scotty NB lately. I had no issues with any lags at all.

Might have to throw it in the bag for a bit. Just wish I liked looking down at it.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

• 2 weeks later...

I've given a few not so positive comments about these putters on here a few months back but I rolled the O-Works V-Line Fang CH today and I was very impressed. I didn't touch this putter when initially testing a few putters earlier in the year cause I thought it looked similar to the O-Works #7 and I preferred the look of the #7 and I assumed they would perform very similarly.

Call me naive or even foolish but I never noticed that the V-Line Fang has a crank hosel. It sits like the plumbers neck of a blade with toe hang but it sits nearly fully face-balanced. I would estimate that there less than 10 degrees of toe hang on it.

I started rolling it and it felt incredible. I stated on here that I thought the face-balanced models which I tried (I have a straight back straight through stroke so I stuck only to the mallets in the range) felt much too soft and it was difficult to hit any sort of sweet spot. Nearly every putt I hit with the V-Line Fang seemed much former but not too firm.

My fitting suggested I have a SBST stroke but I felt more comfortable with a putter with toe hang but unfortunately, my putting is worse with a putter that has any relative degree of toe hang. Yet also, I also feel I'm almost fighting the putter so to speak with all face-balanced putters as they don't hang if that makes sense.

It seems that I get the best of both worlds with the V-Line fang as it has a crank hosel/plumber's neck yet it is nearly face-balanced.

It's going to be very hard to fight the temptation to purchase one of these.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I've given a few not so positive comments about these putters on here a few months back but I rolled the O-Works V-Line Fang CH today and I was very impressed. I didn't touch this putter when initially testing a few putters earlier in the year cause I thought it looked similar to the O-Works #7 and I preferred the look of the #7 and I assumed they would perform very similarly.

Call me naive or even foolish but I never noticed that the V-Line Fang has a crank hosel. It sits like the plumbers neck of a blade with toe hang but it sits nearly fully face-balanced. I would estimate that there less than 10 degrees of toe hang on it.

I started rolling it and it felt incredible. I stated on here that I thought the face-balanced models which I tried (I have a straight back straight through stroke so I stuck only to the mallets in the range) felt much too soft and it was difficult to hit any sort of sweet spot. Nearly every putt I hit with the V-Line Fang seemed much former but not too firm.

My fitting suggested I have a SBST stroke but I felt more comfortable with a putter with toe hang but unfortunately, my putting is worse with a putter that has any relative degree of toe hang. Yet also, I also feel I'm almost fighting the putter so to speak with all face-balanced putters as they don't hang if that makes sense.

It seems that I get the best of both worlds with the V-Line fang as it has a crank hosel/plumber's neck yet it is nearly face-balanced.

It's going to be very hard to fight the temptation to purchase one of these.

I'd give up the fight if I was you... oh wait, I walked out of the store with that putter the first time I tried it! Anyway, I'm very happy with mine after a couple of months, I wouldn't say we're soulmates or anything, but it's not in immediate danger of being canned. Which, by the way, is as good as I've ever felt about a putter.

The best attribute for me is that I can line up the edge of the neck with the spot on the top where the black and white meet. This allows me to set up with the same lie angle which I think is helping me to start more out online.

After getting my hands on the O-Works V-Line Fang, I'm sad to report that it's not for me. I really wanted to like it but to me, it just feels so soft and has an inconsistent roll.

I've ordered a Spider Platinum. I'm looking forward to testing it against my Odyssey Works 2-Ball.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star