MD/DC/VA Golfers - This One Goes to Eleven

Comments

• TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members Posts: 15,081 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

Question for you boating guys. . .how much power is too much?

There's a boat in the bay in OCNJ that has 3 300's on it. Not a huge boat. No outriggers or anything. Just a boat. . .22 feet? 25 feet? The kind of thing you'd take a family out on.

We thought that was the biggest, then we saw a boat in a lagoon there that either had 3 325's or 3 350's. Whatever it was, it was more than the 300's. I've seen serious fishing boats with less balls than that. Is that just an ego thing or is there a legit reason for that?

No legit reason. I posted a couple pics on the gram back in March of a boat from Ocean Reef down in Florida....that had one of those as its dinghy.
    Just looked at it. Yes, that exactly.
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Sauce : tour
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-PW

Vokey 50º illegal grooves
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º
    Bobby Grace Amazing Grace

Oncore Elixir
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,542 mod

Just looked at it. Yes, that exactly.

Unles you're racing Donzi offshore boats, there's no need for that setup. Other than it looks good and goes faster. But you could say that about anything I guess, if you've got dumb money to spend you're going to spend it.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • bayrat88bayrat88 Members Posts: 438 ✭✭
    SullGolf wrote:

Bae, what sort of bucket hat are you sporting in that pic? I see the chin strap. Don't try to hide it.

Navy Imperial bucket, go to for boat and beach.
  • FAbbFAbb Members Posts: 15,818 ✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2018 #17465
    pls repost without watermark, so eagle can use that picture for future 'shop jobs.
  • Gmen1204Gmen1204 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭
    That's alot of horsepower,usually offshore fishing boats tend to have multiple engines not really needed on the bay unless you have a bigger boat.I have a 18 foot Bayliner with a 4 cylinder 130hp and I max out around 48mph.
    Ocgolfrick wrote:

Bae, next time you're out on the Magothy show your daughter the sheer joy you can have by swamping paddleboards over in your wake by really opening up the throttle.
    Jokes on Barry. He better be running those triple 300's or he's gonna look back and see this. . .

giphy.gif
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid

Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º

Oncore Elixir
    (I was just watching that gif when thunderstruck came on 98 Rock and the dude pointed right on "you've been. . .THUNDERSTRUCK!" It was sort of awesome.)
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid

Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º

Oncore Elixir
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,542 mod
    Gmen1204 wrote:

That's alot of horsepower,usually offshore fishing boats tend to have multiple engines not really needed on the bay unless you have a bigger boat.I have a 18 foot Bayliner with a 4 cylinder 130hp and I max out around 48mph.

Thats moving pretty good and I guess it makes a difference what kind of water you're running in too. The kind of skiff we've been on the last few trips has had 90hp but only weighs ~ 500 lbs. Doesnt sound like a lot of hp but it can run 35mph or so in a couple inches of water.

Three 300s is never "necessary" though.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • Go_TimeGo_Time _ Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

Gmen1204 wrote:

Thats moving pretty good and I guess it makes a difference what kind of water you're running in too. The kind of skiff we've been on the last few trips has had 90hp but only weighs ~ 500 lbs. Doesnt sound like a lot of hp but it can run 35mph or so in a couple inches of water.

Don't a lot of tournament boats have that kind of power given the importance of speed and being about to jet around to different spots quickly?
  • bayrat88bayrat88 Members Posts: 438 ✭✭
    So you guys are saying a pontoon boat with trip 300s is overkill?
    dcmidnight wrote:

Gmen1204 wrote:

Definitely smooth water or a little chop.

dcmidnight wrote:

Gmen1204 wrote:

Definitely smooth water or a little chop.
    edited Jul 11, 2018 #17473
    If I got a boat, ^^^^^^^^^ that's (pontoon) what I'd get. Love those things. I'd just point it at the ocean, set the throttle at 3/4 knots and take a nap.
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid

Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º

Oncore Elixir
  • baddomesbaddomes Posts: 5,575 ✭✭

If I got a boat, ^^^^^^^^^ that's (pontoon) what I'd get. Love those things. I'd just point it at the ocean, set the throttle at 3/4 knots and take a nap.

Seconded.
  • vtnerfvtnerf Members Posts: 8,197
    bayrat88 wrote:

So you guys are saying a pontoon boat with trip 300s is overkill?

That's the reverse mullet of boats. Party in the front, business in the back.

Pontoon boats are definitely not a ocean boat and really not even a bay boat most known as lake boats they don't handle rough water well.
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members Posts: 18,048 ✭✭
    Gmen1204 wrote:

Hi GMen. Let's be friends.
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
    FAbb wrote:

pls repost without watermark, so eagle can use that picture for future 'shop jobs.

nah. just fine as is. probably better actually.

clammer.png
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • vtnerfvtnerf Members Posts: 8,197
    edited Jul 11, 2018 #17479
    Gmen1204 wrote:

Pontoon boats are definitely not a ocean boat and really not even a bay boat most known as lake boats they don't handle rough water well.

SHHHH. Just think of the potential stories, videos, and headlines. "Short New Englander found with altered Hive bucket hat far offshore at sea."
    eagle1997 wrote:

Gmen1204 wrote:

Hi GMen. Let's be friends.
    You are welcome to come out anytime.
    vtnerf wrote:

Gmen1204 wrote:

SHHHH. Just think of the potential stories, videos, and headlines. "Short Well-Rested New Englander found with altered Hive bucket hat far offshore at sea."
    FTFY
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid

Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º

Oncore Elixir
    the nice thing about that pic is that there's room for more.

clammer_DC.png
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • OcgolfrickOcgolfrick Members Posts: 1,549 ✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2018 #17483
    It should be noted that Gmen is an Eastern Shore transplant from of all places- Chincoteague- aka The Dundalk of the Shore.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
    Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
    Suck it, Ceejay.
    You know who else might like a nice relaxing boat ride, eagle? Smokin' 827, of course.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1165365-mdvadc-golfers-ten-seconds-or-less/page__st__63360#entry16207238
    Ocgolfrick wrote:

It should be noted that Gmen is an Eastern Shore transplant from of all places- Chincoteague- aka The Dundalk of the Shore.

Correction I lived in Chincoteague briefly wasn't bred there.
  • OcgolfrickOcgolfrick Members Posts: 1,549 ✭✭
    Gmen:

Hive Tour Titles: 0
    Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
    Suck it, Ceejay.
  • Go_TimeGo_Time _ Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭
    Anyone have a really solid club builder recommendation? I need to have a tip removed and replaced with another OEM. Not something I want to trust GolfGalaxy with. Thanks.
    now we're talking

nowitsaparty.png
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • baddomesbaddomes Posts: 5,575 ✭✭
    Go_Time wrote:

Anyone have a really solid club builder recommendation? I need to have a tip removed and replaced with another OEM. Not something I want to trust GolfGalaxy with. Thanks.

This guy

jack.jpg
    Please Photoshop Jack into the boat as well.
This discussion has been closed.