Shorts Recommendations

Comments

• 155 Funson155 Funson Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Bump. Recommendations on a brand of golf shorts for thick thighs/quads? One too many squat reps this offseason apparently!
  • Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭

i really like the under armour shorts from the outlet mall. adidas ultimate and callaway are good as well

Agreed. Just bought a couple pairs of shorts and a couple shirts from the UA outlet here in Michigan. Great shorts, especially for <$35.
    8.5* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* Bridgestone J36
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S Titleist SM6
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • hawkgolferhawkgolfer Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Travis Mathew makes excellent shorts that look great and have a high level of comfort
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Blue 6X Tour Spec
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18.0 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC & MB combo 4-5 & 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 52.08F 56.08M 60.04L
    Evenroll ER2 34"
  • abovetherimcdabovetherimcd Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Travis Mathew fan here
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Pro Blue Axis Tipped .5 65G Stiff
    Srixon Z F45 13 Kuro Kage 60g Stiff
    Adams Super S 3H Matrix Kujoh Stiff
    Adams Super S 4H Matric Kujoh Stiff
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey Sm7 52F
    Taylomade Hi-Toe 58 bent to 56
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Scottie Cameron Newport Custom
    Bag - Sun Mountain C130 Stand
    Ball - Ksig 4 Piece
  • bmellisenbmellisen Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭
    155 Funson wrote:

Bump. Recommendations on a brand of golf shorts for thick thighs/quads? One too many squat reps this offseason apparently!

Of the shorts I have the pair made by Callaway had the widest leg opening. I wear mostly bonobos which are more fitted though so not sure if the Callaways are actually big or just big in comparison.

155 Funson wrote:

Of the shorts I have the pair made by Callaway had the widest leg opening. I wear mostly bonobos which are more fitted though so not sure if the Callaways are actually big or just big in comparison.
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,125 ✭✭
    Honestly, any of the name brand makers out there are very good, whether it be UA, Adidas, Nike, Oakley, TM, Linksoul, Dunning, etc. it's just a matter of what you're looking in regards to style and fit.

So it makes me chuckle a by when I see someone stating "these shorts are the best" without clarifying as to why.

What I will say though is that the adidas ultimate material is about the lightest and most breathable I've seen, they just don't seem to fit me quite right(too loose in some places, too tight in others)...and for me fit always trumps material.
  • mallratmallrat Members Posts: 2,890 ✭✭
    Greg Norman microfiber shorts on sale at Costco for $10. Awesome shorts and good appealing colors and patterns
  • hlcahlca Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    Where are the Bonobos bros? I like the Highland short myself.
    Callaway X2 Hot driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 stiff shaft
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3W 15* w/ stock shaft
    TaylorMade Jetspeed 3H 19* w/ stock shaft
    Callaway X2 Hot 5-AW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 stiff shaft
    Callaway MD4 S-Grind 54* 58* w/ stock shaft
    Nike Method MOD 60 putter
  • Esg777Esg777 Members Posts: 2
    My new favorite shorts are Bonobos. They are little pricey but they have different lengths and wear great. I am 5’ 10 and 10.5-11 inch length of shorts come over my knee and I hate that . I got an 8 inch inseam and they fit and look great. They also carry 10 inch length shorts. I think Ryan Moore is wearing there stuff. Checkout there website bonobos.com.
  • MrMileHighMrMileHigh Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Esg777 wrote:
    My new favorite shorts are Bonobos. They are little pricey but they have different lengths and wear great. I am 5’ 10 and 10.5-11 inch length of shorts come over my knee and I hate that . I got an 8 inch inseam and they fit and look great. They also carry 10 inch length shorts. I think Ryan Moore is wearing there stuff. Checkout there website bonobos.com.

Yep, Bonobos makes great pants and shorts. Multiple lengths and fits so most guys should be able to find what they need.
  • 2bGood2bGood Members Posts: 4,969 ✭✭
    For an oddball option - Billabong! Loads of inseam choices and colours. Fabric is great in the heat if you go with on of the technical fabrics. They do fit big so do be afraid to side down if you like a more fitted look.

https://ca.billabong.com/shop/mens-shorts
  • phillyspecialphillyspecial Members Posts: 489 ✭✭
    hlca wrote:

Where are the Bonobos bros? I like the Highland short myself.

This is the most underrated short/pant on the market. Great quality, feel, weight. Perfect for off the course as well.
  • John9213John9213 Members Posts: 73
    I wear Adidas 365 when it’s really warm out. Best material and the waistband is perfect for keeping the shirt tucked. For everyday wear and when it’s not blistering hot, I have a collection of AG, vineyard vines and bonobos.
    Driver : Mizuno JPX 900 9.5* - KK Silver Tini 60g
    3w : Callaway Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0
    5w : Callaway Epic 18* - HZRDUS 6.0
    3h : Callaway Apex 20* - KK Black 80
    Irons : MacGregor MT Pro C 4-9 - Dynalite Gold S400
    Wedge : Vokey Sm6 F 46*
    Wedge : Vokey Sm6 F 50*
    Wedge : Callaway MD Forged 54*
    Wedge : Callaway MD Forged 58*
    Putter : Bettinardi BB39

Bag : Ping hoofer / Pioneer
    Ball : TP5, Gamer soft
  • wingfoot64wingfoot64 Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
    I just got a couple of pair of Greg Norman shorts at Sam's Club for $20. I just wore them for first time yesterday and I was really impressed with them.
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,010 ✭✭
    The Normans at Sams have cargo pockets. Do the Normans at Costco?
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • mission_scratchmission_scratch Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,128 ✭✭
    1 more vote for the Adidas 365

I was lucky enough to get picked to test out and review the Adidas 365 shorts, that was two years ago I believe, and after that I’ve not bought any other shorts except for more pairs of the 365. At 6ft and 240 they fit me perfect.
  • jd502jd502 Members Posts: 102
    Devereux Cruiser Hybrid is a great short. I have two pairs and they look great on and off the course.
  • clouse8clouse8 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Lululemon are the way to go
  • DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,143 ✭✭
    Hurley Phantoms
    Ping G400 Max 9, Aldila Black 7X
    TaylorMade M3 3HL, Tensai Blue 7X
    Callaway Apex 20, KK 8X
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
    Ping Tyne, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/
  • tmw1582tmw1582 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited Apr 10, 2018 #51
    The best shorts I've ever worn are Birddogs. https://www.birddogs.com/

You'll need to get past the extremely douchey marketing, but I honestly can't recommend these shorts enough. A touch pricey at $55-$60 but nothing crazy.

*Disclaimer I have not worn mine for golf because I don't have the ones with the belt loops, but they do have some more neutral colors that have a belt loop that make them more golf friendly.*

These shorts are the most comfortable pant or short that I own. The are lightweight, but not super light. They are an athletic material but they almost look like regular chino shorts, depending on the color you get. They have pockets for everything that hide things really well. The phone pocket will keep the phone in your shorts when you sit in the cart, but you will barely notice it. They also come in 3 lengths, which is great for us shorter guys. I'm 5'9 and prefer the 8in, inseam.

What really sells these shorts is the built in liner. The liner feels like yoga pants, it is super comfortable. This means you do not wear any underwear with them making them very breathable and there is no bunching. I recommend these shorts so much they should be paying me, but they are not.
  • 4puttJohnny4puttJohnny Members Posts: 458 ✭✭
    Footjoy Lightweight with the new stretch waistband. Not the old Performance line that had very limited stretch.
  • ChazzzzzzzzzzzzzzChazzzzzzzzzzzzzz Members Posts: 75
    Linksoul makes the best shorts
    D: Adams Speedline Fast 10 9.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana BF 60T
    3W: Cobra F7 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ 80TX
    I: Titleist 714 MB 3-P True Temper PX 6.5
    W: Vokey 54.08 SM4, Vokey 57.09 SM4, Vokey 60.08 M Grind True Temper PX 5.5
    P: SC Timeless Deluxe Newport 2 Circle T Tour CT 35"
  • RangerVRangerV My ProV’s are frozen Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    The new Footjoys with stretch waistband are great, but expensive.

The PGA brand shorts at JCPenny and a few other places are awesome. Usually around $30 and they have the stretch waist, lightweight, don’t wrinkle, and have a good selection of colors.
    TM M3 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 73X
    TM M2 Tour 3HL w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X
    Mizuno Mp FliHi Cut Muscle w/ GD Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno Mp59 w/ TI DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Brushed Steel 50/55/60 w/ TI DG S400
    Ping Vault 2.0 Stealth Anser
  • dillardivdillardiv Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Bonobos people, have opinions on the highland vs highland tour? I'm probably just going to order both but wondering if the tour are indeed worth the extra bit of money. I need the 8 inch inseam so the highland lightweight isn't an option. Thanks!
  • jtj74jtj74 Members Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Go to Nordstrom rack. buy a bunch of Hurley walk shorts. let you man bits feel free. enjoy the rest of your life.
  • ef131313ef131313 Members Posts: 99
    Haggar cool 18 are comfortable
  • FestivusMiracleFestivusMiracle ClubWRX Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Uniqlo Kando shorts and pants designed for Adam Scott, cheap and super comfy.
    Callaway Epic - Evenflow Blue 65 S
    TM M2 - Kuro Kage 75S
    Titleist 816 H2 - Rogue 85 S
    Apex (4,5,6)/Pro (7,8,9,P) - KBS tour S
    vokey(raw50F, 54F, 58S)
    Mannkrafted LN MA/66
  • NickJNickJ Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    JCrew Tech
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 905 ✭✭
    clouse8 wrote:

Lululemon are the way to go

Agreed... Yeah yeah they're expensive, you think it's a women's clothing brand, but I have 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of shorts and I will never have to buy another pair of pants or shorts to replace them if ANYTHING goes wrong with them...Lulu will replace, for free, for any reason.

Besides that, they're the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn.
  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,870 ✭✭
    Please just don’t wear shorts with a dress style golf shoe....I don’t like shorts personally, but my opinion look rather sloppy with a pair of wingtips on. At least now we have more athletic style looking golf shoes to make the shorts work a little better, but I won’t wear shorts in a match ever. (Just what I’m comfortable with)

*as with most their clothes running a bit snug, I found some shorts from Nike I will wear casually, and def fit the bill of length.
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1