Odysessy EXO Pre-Order

AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,475 ClubWRX
Hello all, just curious if anyone has had the chance to roll the EXO line yet.

I pre-ordered the Indy S, without ever having rolled it, love the head shape and the fact it's a slant neck. Will be interesting to see how the insert feels and performs. I currently have a jailbird mini s and 7s and really like them, but of course being the putter ho that I am, tinker time, all the time.

Anyone else pre-order?

Comments

• RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 724 ✭✭
    Have the 7s coming. Rolled them when the rep was in. Reminds me of my Japanese ix putter. Very solid feel
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Looking forward to rolling the Rossie to see if it may unseat the Piretti...
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    #7 has been on order for a few weeks. Can’t wait!
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • Stew@scotland[email protected] Members Posts: 66

I pre-ordered the Indy S, without ever having rolled it, love the head shape and the fact it's a slant neck. Will be interesting to see how the insert feels and performs. I currently have a jailbird mini s and 7s and really like them, but of course being the putter ho that I am, tinker time, all the time.

Anyone else pre-order?
    I've had the EXO INDI for 3 weeks, my golf coach is friends with the odyssey rep here in scotland so i was the first person in the uk to get there hands on it.

It's very stable, off centre hits act like centre hits they still go straight and the same distance, sound is louder feel is harder than o-works.

After trying loads of different putters over the years this with finally knock old faithful out of the bag so i've pre ordered the INDI.
    Taylormade M6 D'Type Driver (graphite design ad-mj-5 shaft)
    Taylormade M6 D'Type 3 Wood (mrc tensei orange shaft)
    Taylormade M6 D'Type 5 Wood (mrc tensei orange shaft)
    Taylormade M6 D'Type 7 Wood (mrc tensei orange shaft)
    Taylormade MCGB Irons 5-PW (kbs c-taper lite shafts)
    Cleveland CBX Wedges 48, 54 & 60 (kbs hi-rev 2.0 shafts)
    Taylormade Spider X Putter
    Taylormade TP5X (2019) Ball
    Taylormade Golf Bag
    Taylormade Hat, Nike Glove, Shoes and Clothes
  • AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,475 ClubWRX

Anyone else pre-order?
    I've had the EXO INDI for 3 weeks, my golf coach is friends with the odyssey rep here in scotland so i was the first person in the uk to get there hands on it.

It's very stable, off centre hits act like centre hits they still go straight and the same distance, sound is louder feel is harder than o-works.

After trying loads of different putters over the years this with finally knock old faithful out of the bag so i've pre ordered the INDI.

Awesome to hear! Thanks for that feedback, I am looking to a more firm feeling putter insert compared to the o-works insert.
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,499 ✭✭
    lots of great feedback on the toulon indy which came out first. lots of guys love it.
    Long Live Nike
  • burgeburge Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Ordered a Rossi S last week based only on reviews available online. I went into the local golf shop and the owner did not know about the EXO so he called the rep while I was there. The rep did not know the Rossie was available as a Rossie S, but he confirmed that it was and placed the order. It may take a little longer to get since I ordered the black shaft that was available on O-Works, but I’m hoping since the order was made on the first day available that it won’t take forever.
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,292 mod

Have the 7s coming. Rolled them when the rep was in. Reminds me of my Japanese ix putter. Very solid feel

This is music to my ears.
  • RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members Posts: 724 ✭✭
    Sakman wrote:

This is music to my ears.

Ha ha one of my favorite putters all time
  • bd59bd59 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    For the guys that rolled the Indy, is it a different feel than the Toulon Indy? I had that putter and did not like the feel at all. I’m wanting to go Indy S but hoping it’s better than the first.
  • NWS AlpineNWS Alpine Members Posts: 2,608 ✭✭
    bd59 wrote:

For the guys that rolled the Indy, is it a different feel than the Toulon Indy? I had that putter and did not like the feel at all. I'm wanting to go Indy S but hoping it's better than the first.

I tried the indy for the first time this weekend and didn't like the feel either. The other Toulon putters felt great and side by side it really made the indy feel bad. I had never tried any before this and the Atlanta H4 counterbalanced MR is awesome. There was no EXO putters at the PGASS to try yet.
  • Kimo62Kimo62 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Have my EXO 7 with black shaft pre ordered. I honestly dont even know if I want to play it.... it looks that pretty in the pics.

Plus my O works 7 red is behaving well this season..... so far. Lol
    Looks great! Can’t wait to get mine in!
  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 694 ✭✭
    Anyone seen these in stores yet? I know it releases next week or whatever but curious if anyone has actually seen or rolled one in person.
  • layingfivelayingfive "A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry Members Posts: 109
    Can someone either enlighten me or point me to a write-up on the goals of the Indianapolis design? I'll give anything a try, but that design is downright freakish. There's a part of me that likes that, but then again, I'm not sure how it'd fit my eye in practice. But if there's a practical justification for the freakishness, then I'm all in on getting over it.

And while we're on the subject, why is it called Indianapolis? From directly above, the clubhead does sort of look like a shark. Is the name an allusion to the U.S.S. Indianapolis? To be clear, I'm not asking this as a joke -- I've been unable to think of any other justification.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,332 ClubWRX
    If anyone gets the Rossie in, please post some pics, curious of the head size on it.

I was also hoping I could fit a few of the little tungsten squares on the perimeter (looks like a small cavity on the sole), get another 10g or so on it.
    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • NWS AlpineNWS Alpine Members Posts: 2,608 ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018 #18
    layingfive wrote:

Can someone either enlighten me or point me to a write-up on the goals of the Indianapolis design? I'll give anything a try, but that design is downright freakish. There's a part of me that likes that, but then again, I'm not sure how it'd fit my eye in practice. But if there's a practical justification for the freakishness, then I'm all in on getting over it.

And while we're on the subject, why is it called Indianapolis? From directly above, the clubhead does sort of look like a shark. Is the name an allusion to the U.S.S. Indianapolis? To be clear, I'm not asking this as a joke -- I've been unable to think of any other justification.

The design is inspired by the front nose of a indy car https://www.youtube....h?v=IaKFjmcwluo

The toulon version has the indy car engraving where the exo doesn't so it is harder to understand the reference. The weight far back and to the sides helps with increasing MOI.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,569 ✭✭
    Just curious to see how the white hot insert compares to the current o-works resin insert!
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• KmacKmac Members Posts: 694 ✭✭
    Steelhead wrote:

Just curious to see how the white hot insert compares to the current o-works resin insert!

Spent an hour on greens rolling putts with my Exo Indy s. Night and day difference in sound/feel! Simply great feedback on strikes. Performance is the same as the O Works. Silly forgiving on all kinds of strokes. I had better distance control with the Exo vs O Works. Deadly as my DJ Spider in that regard. Head feels a bit light for me and was initially concerned about swing stability but the results bare out the high MOI and it was rolling right where I was aiming like it was on a mission...

So did the Spider Tour get kicked out of the bag?
  • gatorgator Members Posts: 152
    Steelhead, how’d you get yours so soon?
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭
    7S is out for delivery for me as we speak will post review...
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Steelhead wrote:

Three rounds in on the Exo Indy S. I'm pretty disappointed with odyssey's marketing of a 33" putter with the same head weight as the 34,35". Too light. Ruins it. You Scotty haters can say the Cameron's are "overpriced" but to Dons credit, they have appropriate weights for heads. Thought about doctoring it up but meh, my Spider Tour is rolling well. I'd have paid $399 for decent weighting.

I do agree about the weights and ability to customize without lead tape. This is the only thing holding me back right now for a Rossie. I need a heavier head and dont want to pile on the lead tape.
    Steelhead wrote:

Three rounds in on the Exo Indy S. I’m pretty disappointed with odyssey’s marketing of a 33” putter with the same head weight as the 34,35”. Too light. Ruins it. You Scotty haters can say the Cameron’s are “overpriced“ but to Dons credit, they have appropriate weights for heads. Thought about doctoring it up but meh, my Spider Tour is rolling well. I’d have paid $399 for decent weighting.

Is there no option to special order?
  • toddba11toddba11 Moonlight Mile Members Posts: 578 ✭✭
    Indy shipped yesterday after placing pre-order two weeks ago.
    In the Bag:
    Driver - Titleist 915 D2 - Tensei White CK Pro Mitsubishi Rayon 70S, 45"
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 13.5 Rogue 75S
    Irons: 4 - PW Callaway Apex MBs 2018 - DG TI 120 S400 +1"
    3 Cobra Iron Utility Black with KBS $120 Shaft +1"
    PW: Vokey 7M 46,52 (both F grind),60 (M grind) degree. SW: Ping I10
    Hybrid: Cobra F7
    Putter: TP Mills High Toe ONE or TP Mills Bull Elf
    Ball: Pro V or Bridgestone RSX
    Bag: 2018 Sun Mountain C-130
  • 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 652 ✭✭
    No LH for Indy? Classic.
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    Tried the Indy the other day. Really soft. But rolled the ball nice. Like the look of it. Could play it for sure. But the Toulon Atlanta was the one for me. Now just need to find $500....
    Taylormade M6 9.0 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Taylormade M5 rocket 14* Tensei Pro orange 80tx 
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
  • Tampajoe3Tampajoe3 Members Posts: 312 ✭✭
    Great roll on the birdie ball green. Feels heavier than my O-works #7. Two minor issues. I don’t care for the recessed letters on the grip. The other is, I’m not able to pick up the ball off the green. The forks are too narrow. In the end I’ll get over it. Can’t wait for Friday to play.

Callaway Epic w/ Aldila Tour Green
    Callaway Epic 3-wood with Matrix Red Tie
    Callaway Epic Heavenwood with Matrix Red Tie
    Callaway Rogue 5 hybrid
    Ping IE 5-GW with Nippon Modus 105
    Callaway MD4 56
    Callaway MD4 60
    Odyssey Exo #7 or O-works #7 or Odyssey Works #7 or Bettinardi Studio Stock 9
  • Grip It & Rip It 82Grip It & Rip It 82 Members Posts: 177 ClubWRX
    Tampajoe3 wrote:

Great roll on the birdie ball green. Feels heavier than my O-works #7. Two minor issues. I don’t care for the recessed letters on the grip. The other is, I’m not able to pick up the ball off the green. The forks are too narrow. In the end I’ll get over it. Can’t wait for Friday to play.

Don't worry you won't need to use the forks anymore once you start draining them center cup with that bad boy. Enjoy the new putter. How does the insert feel?
  • EvolvedEvolved Members Posts: 741 ✭✭
    We received one of each model yesterday, now I need to decide which one I like best. Definitely like the new insert.
    Mine shows shipped today, looking forward to getting it and will follow up with a review.