Odysessy EXO Pre-Order

AzSuperHack76

Rolled the Indy and the 7 at the store. The Indy had way too much loft, it was visibly off, nearly see the whole face. The 7 was spot on to me. Rolled smoothly and was softer than the onworks insert. Very lively face.

And I could still pick up the ball with the back of the putter with ease.

They have them out at GG in WDSM?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolled the Indy and the 7 at the store. The Indy had way too much loft, it was visibly off, nearly see the whole face. The 7 was spot on to me. Rolled smoothly and was softer than the onworks insert. Very lively face.

And I could still pick up the ball with the back of the putter with ease.

They have them out at GG in WDSM?

Golf Headquarters just down on Uni! Next to Fresh Thyme

I bit the bullet and picked one of these up. The 7s. Like the look of the slant neck rather than the double bend.

Try and practice a bit this weekend then put it into play next weekend in a qualifier. Fingers crossed!

Ended up buying it from GG (normally don't like shopping there but had some gift cards) and asked the guy if he could bend it to spec (2 degrees flat).

He asked why? I said, that's my spec with a putter. His reply: "if your spec isn't working why don't you try something different"

Yeah OK, I won't pay you to bend it. Geez!

I rolled the Indy at my local PGATSS. Great looks and feel, but definitely too light IMO.

Having tried them a number of times,,,,,, they DO seem a bit too light, don't they ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I just got my 7S lefty 35 in yesterday. I’ve putted on the carpet a bit. I’m not sure if its higher lofted or if its design just makes it want to lean back. I’m glad I didn’t customize at all yet, I’m not sure if it wil kick the SeeMore DB-4x out of the bag. I also need to do a head to head test of it and the Spider Tour at the store.

Driver:    Taylormade SIM2, Graphite Design ADVR

Fairway: Ping G410 Rogue Silver 110

Hybrid:   Ping G410 KBS Prototype

Irons:      Srixon ZX5 MKii, Accra iCWT115

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0, 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:    Kevin Burns

Ball:        Wilson Triad

Checked the specs and they have 3° of loft.

I played my #7 yesterday and it was fantastic. Rolled it inside on my putting green Friday as my only practice and it was good then too.

I found it really really easy to line up. I hit my lines all day sometimes coming a foot or a few rolls short. This I expected with it being my first time out. The feel is perfect. It’s not too soft but also not clicky. Really true roll out of that insert and by the last few holes it was point and shoot. Rolled in a long putt on 18 to win a skin with a par. Honeymoon is always fun!

I just can't get a good feeling on my 7exo. My versa felt better. I'm three rounds in and playing Friday through Sunday.

Head is quite a bit bigger than the regular #7 but it actually feels lighter. Looks like it should be heavier but doesn't feel it. Maybe that's throwing you off ?

Titleist Pro V1X

Hello all, just curious if anyone has had the chance to roll the EXO line yet.

I pre-ordered the Indy S, without ever having rolled it, love the head shape and the fact it's a slant neck. Will be interesting to see how the insert feels and performs. I currently have a jailbird mini s and 7s and really like them, but of course being the putter ho that I am, tinker time, all the time.

Anyone else pre-order?

Tried all three of the new EXO's and went with the Rossie. I have had it for a couple of weeks now and I love the MOI and roll off the new face. I was gaming the O-works 7 fang tank before, but this new Rossie is out performing it big time. I'm glad I made the change.

Actually used mine on the course over the weekend. The MOI on this is excellent, but it was hard to judge insert feel due to wet greens from the constant downpours here in Georgia. I haven't customized it yet, but I have a Flatso 2.0 XL on the way. My plan is to leave it at 35" and choke down a bit using the XL grip because I like to put with my dominant hand's index finger extended outwards like its pointing at the putter head. For reference, I am 5'11" and my other putters are 34.5" and 34" inches.

Overall, it is a great putter! Still interested in the new spider mini though (mainly for the adjustable weight in the back), but I will need to see it in a left handed model without a double bend.

Driver:    Taylormade SIM2, Graphite Design ADVR

Fairway: Ping G410 Rogue Silver 110

Hybrid:   Ping G410 KBS Prototype

Irons:      Srixon ZX5 MKii, Accra iCWT115

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0, 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:    Kevin Burns

Ball:        Wilson Triad

I played my Rossie S in a tournament this weekend and it performed very well for me. My previous deficiency with putting was not making a good stroke on long putts as I felt the need to help the ball rolling, which caused me to get a little flippy with my stroke. The Rossie S seemed to help me cure this problem as the slant neck allow me to put an open-and-shut stroke on the longer putts while still performing well with a straight back and thru stoke on the shorter putts. Whether it is the micro-hinge face or the high MOI, the ball comes off the face nicely, but the muted sound takes a little adjustment time to get used to.

Several other players at the tournament tried it out on the putting green and I did have two offers to buy it at full price if I determined I didn’t like it, but they are going to need to order their own!

With regards to the comments about the putter seeming to be too light, I will say that the heavier 140CC Tour SNSR grip feels really good with this putter. I can’t compare the stock grip since I ordered mine with the heavier grip, but it is worth a try for anyone that believes it is just a little light.

I think my EXO 7 feels heavier than my O-works 7 with a midsize Iomic as well as my versa 7 with a std iomic.

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 9* with Oban Isawa 55
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3hl and 5-wood with Aldila NVS
Callaway Ai smoke TD 7-wood with Aldila NVS
Callaway Ai Smoke 5h with Project X Cypher
Callaway Apex Pro  6-AW irons with Nippon Modus 105
Callaway Jaws Raw 52 with Nippon Modus 105
Callaway Jaws Raw 56 with Nippon Modus 105
Toulon LeMans or Ai Mini Jailbird

I was finally able to get the Indy S SXO out for a couple of rounds.

Feel and sound is awesome. Firm but not firm. Muted thwack for the sound.

VERY stable through the ball, it really is smooth. The face puts a great roll on the ball. Distance control was really exceptional, especially for being the first time out with it. No 3 putts, but I had 4 lip outs on sharp edged holes.

Looking forward to getting more rounds in with it.

Anymore reviews on these?

Got my Indianapolis face-balanced (strangely enough with the AVS grip, not the SS) this morning and was stuck home most of the day waiting for the cable guy.

Took it out for a half hour or so on a local course putting green and rolled it really well. Face feels very soft but distance control was still pretty good. A few putts from shorter distances came off too soft, or at least softer than I expected. Missed the SS ?

Balance is great and the loud plastic-ky sound from the old Toulon version is gone. Probably practice more with it tomorrow and play with it Monday.

Titleist Pro V1X

Are these things a flop. Or is it the fact you are more likely to hear complaints.

Where are the positive reviews? Exo rossie or #7?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Are these things a flop. Or is it the fact you are more likely to hear complaints.

I certainly wouldn't call them a flop but the PGA Tour players certainly haven't been busting down the doors to put them in play on tour, this includes Callaway's shills or should I say staff players. The only player I'm aware of using this putter is Sergio Garcia and it certainly didn't help him at the US Open. I'm certainly not aware of any non Callaway/Odyssey staffer using this putter.

My own experience with the EXO Seven is...

1. Love the looks
  2. Easy to aim
  3. Insert feels great
  4. Good lag for short and medium length putts
  5. Poor lag on long putts
  6. The putter head doesn't sit square on the ground and rocks
  7. Club head feels too heavy and I don't mine/own several heavy putters

I really do not like the fact that the putter doesn't sit flat (it rocks) or square at address. I'm sure that it is fine but it gives me the feeling that it wasn't manufactured correctly - not a good feeling for a premium putter. My guess is that it is more than 5* open when resting on the ground. The problem is that my typical miss is to the right so this really does bothers me. It is also the only putter that I own that does this, and the more I use it, the more that it it bothers me. This is not good. Why did they do this ???

To help with the heavy club head weigh I replaced swapped out the original grip with one of my favorite counter balanced grips. Now it feels like it swings more freely, but will it help with long lag putts? The answer to that question will have to wait until it's back on course for a few more rounds to see if it has helped or not.

Presently my EXO in the penalty box and it's lost it's place in rotation and it will have to earn it's way back in the bag.

During the introduction of the EXO putters Sean Toulon (president of Odyssey Golf) was asked if other putters would be added to the EXO premium putter lineup. His response was that it would depend on the success of the initial putters which is a logical response. I know it is too early to predict the success of the line, but if Callaway/Odyssey are honest about it, they probably are disappointed with the initial acceptance rate.

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

I disagree with a lot of the negative comments/reviews thus far. I have 9 rounds with mine thus far and can do nothing but rave about my 7S.

Prior to this season i have used mallets to a very limited degree, having a slightly arcing stroke, most mallets have not suited my stroke (due to typically being FB'd) however after taking a deep dive in to my game to try and get past a scoring plateau, my putting was an area that garnered some attention. So i bit the bullet and began looking in to some higher MOI/more forgiving mallets. The newer shapes in the O-Works family (JB Mini and Marxman slants) had caught my eye as did the Ardmore 3 Copper. But ultimately it was a putter that i had initial deemed as super fugly that earned a spot in my bag - the Spider Arc in Silver.Feel off the face was just right, firm but not clicky, yet soft without being spongy (my only knock to the original O-Works inserts: zero feedback). Weight was great - on the slightly heavier side, and it was very very stable; and although still a face balanced putter a slight adjustment had me in auto pilot on the greens. Long lags improved, inside 5 feet was bang on; and my make % in the 10-15 ft range was dramatically better.

I truly thought I had found a long term putter that would be tough to kick out of the bag.

BUT, once I saw the images of the EXO's and learned the face would be firmer than O-Works with the same roll improvements, I knew i would be picking it up regardless, if i dint like it i knew i could find a buddy or two who might be interested.

I couldn't wait to get it out for my first round... and by god I was not disappointed.

Everything, and I mean EVERY_THING, I found that had improved with the Spider Arc was even further enhanced by the EXO.

In 162 holes played with it, I can count on 1 hand the number of putts that didn't finish where i wanted or in the hole - and they were mostly misreads than poor rolls.

I also think that 2Bad4U must have just gotten a lemon or his spec is off, as there is no sign that my 7S wants to do anything other than setup square. I would have to manipulate my hands/setup substantially to get it to "rock" or flare open at address.

Yes this putter is pricey, but not outside the realm of competitors in this space (a la Spider Tour, etc)

If you re in the hunt for a new putter, and this pricepoint is not outside your window, I recommend 15/10 times.