These Mizuno irons counterfeit?

BarrySandersBarrySanders Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
No serial numbers on any of these mp 59 clubs. Grain flow forged on them. Got them from a reputable dealer a while ago.

Comments

• thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭
    Need better pics but the bird logo in the last pic looks sloppy. Ferrules don't look good either.
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,495 ✭✭
    Need some better pics but only Mizuno I've seen without serial are tour issue or pre release.
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 12:29am #5
    Sorry, those are fake. The bird logo is wrong. This is the real MP 59. Notice the sharp lines on the bird logo and the bigger hole in the center of the bird body. And your titanium insert isn't even a separate piece and not more flush with the rest of the cavity. Also, the cavity around the toe is not correct on yours (thinner than on the the real one). Hopefully you can file a dispute and get a refund.

2Y9G2101_resize4.jpg
  • icecat88icecat88 Members Posts: 1,165 ✭✭
    No serial numbers on any of these mp 59 clubs. Grain flow forged on them. Got them from a reputable dealer a while ago.

Who is the reputable dealer?
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,447 ClubWRX
    Did you get them from a guy out of Texas ?
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • nikeblades00nikeblades00 Members Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Good catch def fake. By the way mp59's are amazing and timeless irons.
  • BarrySandersBarrySanders Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Thanks. I got them from global golf. Who is the guy from texas?
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,756 ✭✭
    Not only fake but god awful fakes to boot. How long ago did you get these?

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,369 ClubWRX
    wow, those are bad. Did they really come from Global Golf?
    F9 - 9* Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,674 ✭✭
    The photos suck so bad I can't tell.... but I'll go with what others said. I'm pretty sure Mizuno only puts a serial # on the 6 Iron
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,706 ✭✭
    they're real ! REAL FAKE !!! image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
  • baudibaudi Members Posts: 645 ✭✭
  • TheWalkingGolferTheWalkingGolfer Members Posts: 376 ✭✭
    Yep 100% fake.
    Tzoid wrote:

The photos suck so bad I can't tell.... but I'll go with what others said. I'm pretty sure Mizuno only puts a serial # on the 6 Iron

My MP59 have serials on all clubs.
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 4,076 ✭✭
    The "TI Muscle" is a lot different, too.
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120
    Looks like the MIZUNO and MP 59 is engraved on the fakes. Where as on the real ones it looks like they are acid etched.
    I got them from global golf 2 months ago. Haven't touched them. Randomly came across an article about how to look for counterfeit clubs, and then saw there was no serial numbers on it. Well, I'll call them tomorrow to see. I'm hoping they will be cool, considering I've spent thousands with them.
  • KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,384 ✭✭

I got them from global golf 2 months ago. Haven't touched them. Randomly came across an article about how to look for counterfeit clubs, and then saw there was no serial numbers on it. Well, I'll call them tomorrow to see. I'm hoping they will be cool, considering I've spent thousands with them.

Sorry for your troubles...please let us know how it works out.
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,447 ClubWRX
    A guy a while back was listing them as Tour issued heads. I wish I was joking
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

A guy a while back was listing them as Tour issued heads. I wish I was joking

link? Did he know they were fake? What did they look like?