Dogs on the course?

HabrownleeHabrownlee HabrownleeMembers Posts: 41 ✭✭
Our club is dog friendly a lot of the members take their dog to the range or back deck with them. The only requirement is good behavior on both owner and dogs part. My wife runs our 2 dogs every day with her cart while her overweight weiner rides beside her on seat. The other two both small dogs are well behaved and generally stay with the cart she gives them a few minutes when they stop and sniff and claim territory lol and she has even gotten them trained to **** in the woods lol. Our dogs are small and we pick up after them. Anyone have any thoughts as far as dogs on course?

Comments

• KaysquareKaysquare Puppyluv Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭
    I think well-behaved dogs should be allowed, they are far better than ill-behaved children (& adults). My course(s) do not allow dogs. but I've found that people who'd like to have their dogs with them on a course, more often than not, have super well-behaved dogs. I have taken my dog on the course with me (in the cart) & no one's ever known. It's late in the day, no one else around, & my dog doesn't even whine when Ieave him in the cart while I putt, & he doesn't pay a bit of attention to the deer & any other wildlife on the course.
  • Here comes the BoomHere comes the Boom Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Played with a local on the New course at St Andrews and his dog ( Golden retriever ) walked with us for 18 holes ..... never barked once !!!
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,153 ✭✭
    My course is ok with it. We have had members in the past who would have their dogs ride around for the round, maybe let them off the cart once every few holes so they can run or chase a squirrel. We have a guy now that comes out in the evening and lets his jack russell fly around the course chasing squirrels and running after his cart. I have zero issue with it.

My dogs on the other hand, cannot come to the course. My little dog would run away chasing squirrels and my big one would wind up in the lake swimming after the geese or trying to play with the alligator.
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,183 ✭✭
    I've seen it a few times at my regular rotation of courses. I love dogs so it doesn't bother me at all. I'm waiting for one that will get my ball out of the water hazard tho.
  • portsider44portsider44 Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    As a dog person don’t mind it proving they are behaved.

Personally not sure I could stay focus on the shot and the dog. I already have enough swing demons to add keeping track of the dog.
    Mizuno jpx. 900 driver 661 stiff
    Titleist 910 3H
    Mizuno JPX 825 4-gw project X 5.0
    Hogan Apex GW 50 bent to 52
    Mizuno ,jpx 58 sw
    Odyssey o works Tank 1
    Ball , Srixon zstar or zstar vx
  • FlashinLeatherFlashinLeather Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I would love to have my dog on the course. The clubs around me do not allow it. Its likely not a great idea in general anyways. So many owners think they have good dogs which is not the case.
    Ping G400 LST 10 - Ping Tour X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Stiff
    Titleist 718 T-MB - 2i - X100
    TaylorMade P790 - 4i-AW - X100
    Vokey - 54, 58
    Bettinardi - QB6
    Titleist Pro V1
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    I have no issue with a well trained dog being out there, but i dont want to be dodging landmines and listening to barking for the ones that aren't controlled. And when most courses can't even be bothered to enforce pace of play I can't see them doing much about a problem dog.
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Members Posts: 728 ✭✭
    I've noticed dogs on the course on some of Crossfield's UK course vlogs. Seems more ingrained in the golf culture over there.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S)
    Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R)
    Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R)
    Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R)
    Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R)
    Ping Darby Sigma G