Post here for conditions as courses open

2»

Comments

• gjc985gjc985 Members  22WRX Points: 19Posts: 22 Bunkers

Played Butternut yesterday and I was not impressed. Conditions were pretty poor.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members  3853WRX Points: 383Posts: 3,853 Titanium Tees

Is anywhere in good shape? Feels like April has been a continuation of the October / November rain.

Posted:
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers  1986WRX Points: 435Handicap: 8Posts: 1,986 Platinum Tees

My Friday league is next door to Butternut at Stow. They had a rough winter and still have some temp greens. I think they are hoping to have them all open this weekend, but could really use some warm weather. Certainly don't need the additional rain I see in the forecast.

Of the courses I've played so far, Cyprian Keyes and Atlantic are in pretty good shape.

Posted:
  • nandersennandersen Boston, MAClubWRX  196WRX Points: 93Handicap: 6Posts: 196 ClubWRX

Cyprian is in great shape right now, played a week ago and although some of the greens were partially punched (this was super weird?) the fairways and greens were otherwise terrific.

George Wright and William Devine are both doing superly well with all the recent rain.

Posted:
  • gjc985gjc985 Members  22WRX Points: 19Posts: 22 Bunkers

I know it’s early in the season, but a few of the greens had sand all over them. The pin placement varied by hole and they left twigs and branches scattered throughout the course. I’ll admit this was my first time playing at Butternut Farms and I can’t say how the conditions are mid season, but I honestly don’t think I would go back. The place was empty at 5pm and it was like they were OK with having a mediocre course until the heart of golf season.

Posted:
  • jdljdl Masshole MassMembers  1986WRX Points: 435Handicap: 8Posts: 1,986 Platinum Tees

I used to play regularly at Butternut when it first opened. Loved it back then because it was walking only, no carts and no cart paths. No surprise that didn't last long since they couldn't host outings, etc and a lot of people don't want to walk. Putting cart paths into that tight, narrow course really ruined it. I've wondered over the years how they managed to stay open, it never seemed busy when I'd drive by. I've played it a couple of times over the past 7 or so years and the conditions have been OK, but just too many other better choices in the area.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.