ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Masters Parking

We've got a foursome going to the Masters this year for the Tuesday practice round. We'll be driving, so the question is: how early do you need to get to the course to take advantage of the free parking adjacent to ANGC? Thanks.

Comments

• ewe8523ewe8523 Advanced Members Posts: 280 ✭✭
    Any time really, it’s very big. It just depends on how far you want to walk from your car.
  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiAdvanced Members Posts: 727 ✭✭
    We went last year on Tuesday and got there around 6:30-6:45 and parked pretty close to the front and were by no means the first people there. We were coming in on i20 from South Carolina and exited Riverwatch and then took a right on Alexander and took that all the way down and across Washington into the parking area. It was very easy and LOW STRESS. I’ve heard taking Washington off i20 can be a nightmare and did notice it was pretty backed up on the other days we were there.
    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Advanced Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    We went in the main route off of I-20 on both Thursday and Friday last year. Got there early both days (between 7 and 8 a.m.) and had no problem getting into the lot and parking relatively close to the gate. If I was going back I might consider parking near the gate near the 5th green/16th tee. Less crowded, closer to second nine holes where you might want to set chairs up, and a fully stocked merchandise shop that is less swamped than the main one can be. That said, if it is your first time going, the main gate is probably the way to go, as that will allow you to walk on to the golf course for the first time at the big scoreboard on #1 and get your first view of the property as you walk up the hill to 1 tee, 10 tee, and 18 green.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 16,734 ClubWRX
    edited March 13
    Get there early, not any time.

On Tuesday we arrived early afternoon - signs were showing Masters lots closed and we were rerouted to the next exit to the west and ended up parking in one of the large parking lots across Washington that you can pay to park in, I think a church group runs it. Pretty good hike to the gates, but no big deal. You won't have any trouble finding parking somewhere in the area, but the Masters lots aren't available at all times throughout the day.

Wednesday, we got to the main Masters lot about an hour before the gates opened in the morning and had no trouble finding a place to park, and no trouble getting there early in the morning - it was a breeze.
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Ice up, son! Advanced Members Posts: 1,640 ✭✭
    Got there at 7:15am last year for Monday's PR and parked super close. We went into the entrance that puts you near Amen Corner. So easy.

Probably doing the same thing again this year for Wednesday's PR. If not, a little bit earlier just because.
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
  • VNutzVNutz Advanced Members Posts: 5,996 ✭✭
    When I went there was no issue with the parking lot filling up, but just a heads up that there can be quite a bit of traffic getting into the lot as there's primarily one main road heading there.
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    You won’t have any issues.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • gpwgolfgpwgolf Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, really appreciate all the feedback!
  • Mitch JordanMitch Jordan mbbagman Members Posts: 15
    I would suggest you take the Wheeler Road exit off of I20. Follow the well marked roads to the course. Parking puts you close to the gate that will put you on the course close to number 16. As another poster said , there is a large merchandise building just inside the gate. Buy your stuff, use the checking service, pick it up on the way out. There is also a food pavilion close as well. Enjoy
  • e-mane-man Advanced Members Posts: 2,041 ✭✭
    I was there last year on Tuesday. I would not recommend using the checking service to store your merchandise because at the end of the day the line to pick up the merchandise was easily an hour long. We shipped our items home directly via the UPS service on site. I think it cost about $20 and was well worth it.