YouTubers Juicing LM numbers, a problem? Crossfield

BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,090 ✭✭
edited Apr 16, 2019 12:20am in WRX Club Techs #1

I'm a crossfield fan. However, in a review with dan who's numbers have always been in line with Marks. His base driving numbers jumped 25 yards! From 250's to 275's carry and the rolls put them over 300!

I wish these youtubers would stop juicing numbers. If you want proof, go back 6 months on marks channel, you will see his numbers are lower. He and dans.
Shoulder turn huh mark? Lol, please...

And also I see the juicing is happening on most channels. Especially TXG

Don't buy this stuff people....

Comments

• YrrdeadYrrdead Better Living Through Chemistry Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭

Uhm he's swinging 110mph w/ 14 launch and 2400 spin. He was launching less than 10 and spinning 3k+. The only "juicing" is the known issue with Foresight's algorithm weighting low spin a little too high in regards to distance.

G400 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
    Steelhead 15*
    Apex 21* Hybrid
    Apex Pro('14)4-P
    Exo #7

• TXG might be inflating their numbers some but Matt is stilling swinging the club at 120+ mph. He’s gonna move the ball out there a long way no matter what. TXG is not a good channel for the average golfer, it’s hard to compare club reviews with a guy who swings the club faster than your average PGA Tour player.

Driver - Cobra King F6
    3 wood - Diablo Octane Tour
    Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
    Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    Putter - Yes! Callie
  • greenwavegolfergreenwavegolfer Members Posts: 120 ✭✭

I think you're reaching a bit there. Dan has clearly been working on increasing his launch and decreasing his spin. It's pretty obvious in the history of the course vlogs too. When he first came on the channel he was pretty even with Mark and even shorter on some drives. Now he's pretty consistently past Mark on drives, occasionally significantly. He obviously has 5 or so mph more clubhead speed in him than Mark so I'm not sure why you think they're juicing all of a sudden. When it comes to Crossfield there's other nits to pick, but this isn't one.

WITB:

Ping G400 LST 10º (Playing 9º) Project X EvenFlow Black 6.0
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3W (15º) Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.0
    Srixon Z-785 3i/4i Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Srixon Z-Forged 5i-PW Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Titleist SM5 50º SM6 54º, 58º Dynamic Gold S200
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
  • SuperbritSuperbrit Posts: 461 ✭✭

There not "juicing" any numbers.
    Its the difference between hitting 3 degree up from hitting 3 degree down

• BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,090 ✭✭
    edited Apr 16, 2019 11:23am #7

I dunno guys, Mark has been mr 262 forever and his number are all of a sudden creeping up and so are dans. In the latest, dans balls were rolling out to 300 from 275 carry . I think they have the High Altitude setting clicked on. Dan and mark have been the same distance since dan came on the channel . Now mark says he’s “doing a new shoulder turn”. My thought is he is just keeping up with the trend in YouTube and that is that you Have to hit 300 yarders to stay relevant.

It is stuff like this we have to pay attention to. Because you know a Vlog about “how you the amateur, can improve like us the ‘Youtube Awesomes’ “ is coming. A tutorial on what to do like them. Which is just based on nonsense. Further hurting our golf games.
    Anyhow, I still like the YouTube stuff , I just watch it for Entertainment nonsense and do not take much educational from it.

• Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,739 ✭✭

@BB28403 said:
    I dunno guys, Mark has been mr 262 forever and his number are all of a sudden creeping up and so are dans. In the latest, dans balls were rolling out to 300 from 275 carry . I think they have the High Altitude setting clicked on. Dan and mark have been the same distance since dan came on the channel . Now mark says he’s “doing a new shoulder turn”. My thought is he is just keeping up with the trend in YouTube and that is that you Have to hit 300 yarders to stay relevant.

It is stuff like this we have to pay attention to. Because you know a Vlog about “how you the amateur, can improve like us the ‘Youtube Awesomes’ “ is coming. A tutorial on what to do like them. Which is just based on nonsense. Further hurting our golf games.
    Anyhow, I still like the YouTube stuff , I just watch it for Entertainment nonsense and do not take much educational from it.

This is on a LM. I would not out to much faith in the roll numbers. Concentrate on the carry

Taylormade M4 9.5 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    3w — undecided
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
  • Joker91Joker91 Members Posts: 441 ✭✭

Guys with skill are making changes and seeing results. Along comes this guy accusing them of lying. Sounds like jealousy.

• gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,844 ✭✭

TXG are open that they discard outliers because they can throw out the average shots. A wipey heel fade is going short no matter what the club, you can often see the previous shots that they don't include.

Keep that tin foil hat on though :smile:

Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,090 ✭✭

@Joker91 said:
    Guys with skill are making changes and seeing results. Along comes this guy accusing them of lying. Sounds like jealousy.

Look man, the whole reason I say this is to keep them honest. If you want them to lie to you, then that’s on you.
    These days it seems as if everyone buys into fantasy, when reality is what I am selling.

• jvincentjvincent Members Posts: 494 ✭✭

The total distance number is the LAST thing you should be looking at from any launch monitor indoors.

You should be looking at ball speed, launch, and spin first, and then if the LM gives it, the clubhead parameters that got you there. Then if you are comparing clubs you can compare those numbers.

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,844 ✭✭

Those channels are entertainment. Just like the PGA tour juicing up the numbers for TV. Just do the typical 5-6% reduction and you have reality. Think of YouTube as low budget tv. It's all for entertainment purposes, not really the place to go for rock solid statistical fact.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • gibbyfangibbyfan Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭

@TollBros said:
    Those channels are entertainment. Just like the PGA tour juicing up the numbers for TV. Just do the typical 5-6% reduction and you have reality. Think of YouTube as low budget tv. It's all for entertainment purposes, not really the place to go for rock solid statistical fact.

Thank you for being a sponsor of this site, but your comment is a little hypocritical, no? You come on revealing your "testing" and baiting the forum members to read into the data provided with only a few lines of data and perfect smash factor and ideal numbers for every shaft ( mostly tour issued only) and swing speed.
    I cannot speak for Mark Crossfield, Rick Shiels, etc, but I do know that TXG will, on occasion, releases the shot data from the Youtube video on their Patreon site. TXG is there in the open where anyone can go an visit them and decide for themselves if their Youtube channel is hyperbole or the real deal. Whereas your site seems to have been down for a number of months and on occasion have not been able to reveal data due to "proprietary" information.
    I guess, in the end, if you are going to call youtube content " low budget TV", then perhaps you and Green Grass crew want to throw your hat into the ring. I mean how could we not want to see and learn from all of your experience and knowledge. In fact, you could dispel the information on these other Youtubers.

• Howard JonesHoward Jones Members Posts: 8,467 ✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2019 3:08am #15

What do you folks mean by "juiced numbers"?

if you mean a list where mis-hits is eliminated...thats how its done to show a clubs performance WHEN THE PLAYER swing the club like he should. The club is NOT responsible for the outcome of mis-hits, and those numbers is not very useful either unless we want to judge "forgiveness".

If we are into a fitting session, tweak of club specs should raise the numbers of good ones, and reduce the numbers of bad ones, or make the bad ones"less bad" when they happen, so we are into several different scenarios and purposes here.

On Trackman and Flight scope, a Smash/PTR value below 1:48 tells the impact is not ideal, and that Gear effects are in play, so judging spin and launch on "mis hits" its not what we do during fitting, or to show off what that club can deliver, so those numbers is removed from the report when we want to see the average for the good ones. If you need to eliminate more than 3 of 10 ....its still not a good fit, even if its good on the good ones.

Post edited by Howard Jones on
  • J_SmoothJ_Smooth Club Champion - Mini Tour Player Members Posts: 9 ClubWRX

theres a new golf youtube channel that focuses more on the game instead of equipment and numbers. if youre interested check it out its called ScratchHack Golf
    just two guys making a ton of jokes all centered around the game of golf.

• J_SmoothJ_Smooth Club Champion - Mini Tour Player Members Posts: 9 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 17, 2019 2:55am #17

heres the ScratchHack golf YouTube page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgD23ML8y1S6wYx_IvUpIzg