GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

How to add Width and be on Plane

11112131416
17

Comments

  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #452

    On -, @blehnhard said:

    Best round of the year today. Double 2nd hole, 6 birdies & no bogeys rest of the way for 4 under 68.

    Getting and staying wide has helped a lot. Hit driver pretty good and some real good irons. 3 or 4 mis hits with irons.

    Looking forward to continued progress.

    Bruce

    That’s awesome to hear, keep it up! 👏🏻👏🏻

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • swatsswats Members  418WRX Points: 93Posts: 418 Greens
    Joined:  edited Aug 3, 2019 #453

    Not to derail this great thread but if it hasn’t been posted before, Bruce I would LOVE to see your swing if at all possible. Couldn’t find it on the net and I’m sure we could all learn from it, if not be very envious.😀

    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3, 9.5, Whiteboard 73S
    TEE CB3, 16.5, Motore Exotics Tour S
    Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
    8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
    52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM4
    Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"
  • blehnhardblehnhard Over The Hill & Almost Down The Other Side Members  542WRX Points: 136Posts: 542 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #454

    Don't have any thing current. Will try to get one of my friends to shoot a couple of videos this week. Working on getting away from short, flat, and shut.

    The course I play is fairly short, about 6100 yds, but with narrow fairways and tough greens. Good drive for me is 225 - 235. 15 to 20 yds shorter than I was a couple of years ago.

    Posted:
  • blehnhardblehnhard Over The Hill & Almost Down The Other Side Members  542WRX Points: 136Posts: 542 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #455

    I have a galaxy s10 phone. Never shot any golf video with a phone. Should I shoot in portrait or landscape? Slow mo (will shoot super slow mo) or regular speed? Any tips appreciated.

    Posted:
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1155WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,155 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #456

    On -, @blehnhard said:

    I have a galaxy s10 phone. Never shot any golf video with a phone. Should I shoot in portrait or landscape? Slow mo (will shoot super slow mo) or regular speed? Any tips appreciated.

    I have the v1 app which is free on my Samsung.

    You can draw lines and everything :-)

    Posted:
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los AngelesMembers  6026WRX Points: 768Posts: 6,026 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 3, 2019 #457

    On -, @blehnhard said:

    I have a galaxy s10 phone. Never shot any golf video with a phone. Should I shoot in portrait or landscape? Slow mo (will shoot super slow mo) or regular speed? Any tips appreciated.

    Portrait - you just have to get a few feet behind (10?) - optimal is camera at hand-high, in line with hands DTL. I always like slow motion because my eye isn't so trained to see stuff well at reg speed, but some people prefer reg speed to see tempo, rhythm better. With most video apps you can manually control the playback pace (eg, pause, move it frame by frame, back it up by dragging the little handle that moves as video plays). I prop my iphone up on my bag - stuff my towel into the gap in the opening where driver, woods fit, rest phone against shaft. Easy, quick, painless. Within 2-3 shots you'll see how to position phone.

    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Macgregor 1025M 4-W, KBS tour v, 110 S
    Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W



  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los AngelesMembers  6026WRX Points: 768Posts: 6,026 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #458

    On -, @blehnhard said:

    Don't have any thing current. Will try to get one of my friends to shoot a couple of videos this week. Working on getting away from short, flat, and shut.

    The course I play is fairly short, about 6100 yds, but with narrow fairways and tough greens. Good drive for me is 225 - 235. 15 to 20 yds shorter than I was a couple of years ago.

    What I have found is by adding width and not allowing arm runoff, I am making a much better turn away from the ball - which has added significant distance and consistency. Pretty amazing, to tell you the truth.

    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Macgregor 1025M 4-W, KBS tour v, 110 S
    Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W



  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #459

    On -, @wmblake2000 said:

    On -, @blehnhard said:

    Don't have any thing current. Will try to get one of my friends to shoot a couple of videos this week. Working on getting away from short, flat, and shut.

    The course I play is fairly short, about 6100 yds, but with narrow fairways and tough greens. Good drive for me is 225 - 235. 15 to 20 yds shorter than I was a couple of years ago.

    What I have found is by adding width and not allowing arm runoff, I am making a much better turn away from the ball - which has added significant distance and consistency. Pretty amazing, to tell you the truth.

    Exactly! Your right arm is the governor and the straighter you keep it, the more your shoulders will turn.

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16511WRX Points: 1,547Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,511 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #460

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @wmblake2000 said:

    On -, @blehnhard said:

    Don't have any thing current. Will try to get one of my friends to shoot a couple of videos this week. Working on getting away from short, flat, and shut.

    The course I play is fairly short, about 6100 yds, but with narrow fairways and tough greens. Good drive for me is 225 - 235. 15 to 20 yds shorter than I was a couple of years ago.

    What I have found is by adding width and not allowing arm runoff, I am making a much better turn away from the ball - which has added significant distance and consistency. Pretty amazing, to tell you the truth.

    Exactly! Your right arm is the governor and the straighter you keep it, the more your shoulders will turn.

    This exactly. If you delay bending the right arm you have no choice but to turn shoulders more.

    Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Tensei Orange 70TX
    3W         -     Cobra SZ Big Tour 3 / Shaft testing right now
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged UT 21* & 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1


    Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13





  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #461

    Brooks Koepka has been the hottest player on the planet for the last several years, especially in the majors. One of the many reasons to his success is how solid his set-up and fundamentals are:

    1. A line from the back of armpits down should go through the knee caps and through the balls of the feet.
    2. Butt line should be slightly behind the heel line.
    3. Shaft line of the club is in line with the belt buckle.
    4. The shoulders, arms and hands should be in a straight vertical line down to the ground in line to the front of the toes.
    5. The back line should have a flat lower back and a rounded upper back.

    Brooks grew up at Bear Lakes CC, my home course in West Palm Beach, he plays mostly at The Medalist now, but he's still a member and so are his parents and brother. TV doesn't even give his talent justice, he hits it so hard and solid and has a great set-up and powerful swing. Who knows how many more majors he will win, but I really don't think he's going to let up in the next 5-7 years; he's the complete package when it comes to playing the modern power game of golf and it all starts before he even takes the club back.

    Posted:
    Post edited by 97speedster on
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #462

    Here is where Brooks Koepka is in P1 through P10:

    Posted:
    Post edited by 97speedster on
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1155WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,155 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #463

    The alignment stick drill is a good one. What do people use to tie the alignment stick to the grip? does anyone use anything that is long and thin enough to put in the golf grip hole? Just holding it in place is a bit off putting

    Posted:
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des MoinesMembers  1953WRX Points: 304Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #464

    On -, @97speedster , do you know Doug Ferreri? Or hear of Paul Bertholy?
    Posted:
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #465

    On -, @Hilts1969 said:

    The alignment stick drill is a good one. What do people use to tie the alignment stick to the grip? does anyone use anything that is long and thin enough to put in the golf grip hole? Just holding it in place is a bit off putting

    I use one of the $2 alignment sticks that Home Depot sells for the driveway reflectors then I push it down the hole in the grip so the amount protruding out of the grip is even from the ground to the top of my knee cap when I measure it which equals about 24".

    I like to practice this drill with the Swing Plane Perfector then take the alignment rod out and hit a few balls without it in, but still using the Swing Plane Perfector. This keeps me from getting the club inside too much on the backswing because the hands being more ahead at address promotes more of an inside takeaway so I like to resist that temptation and keep it on plane. Another great thing about the Swing Plane Perfector and the alignment rod in the grip is the alignment rod gives you a great visual in p3 to keep the rod in the Swing Plane Perfector and the one in the grip parallel to each other which is then on a perfect plane in p3 and trains the proper amount of forearm rotation from p2 to p3.

    Tommy Fleetwood uses the Swing Plane Perfector every day when he practices; even in his warm up on most tournament days.

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #466

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster , do you know Doug Ferreri? Or hear of Paul Bertholy?

    No, but I am horrible with names, so unless I've met them 5x or more I usually only recognize faces LOL.

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1155WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,155 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #467

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @Hilts1969 said:

    The alignment stick drill is a good one. What do people use to tie the alignment stick to the grip? does anyone use anything that is long and thin enough to put in the golf grip hole? Just holding it in place is a bit off putting

    I use one of the $2 alignment sticks that Home Depot sells for the driveway reflectors then I push it down the hole in the grip so the amount protruding out of the grip is even from the ground to the top of my knee cap when I measure it which equals about 24".

    I like to practice this drill with the Swing Plane Perfector then take the alignment rod out and hit a few balls without it in, but still using the Swing Plane Perfector. This keeps me from getting it inside too much on the backswing because the hands being more ahead at address promotes more of an inside takeaway so I like to resist that temptation and keep it on plane. Another great thing about the Swing Plane Perfector and the alignment rod in the grip is the alignment rod gives you a great visual in p3 to keep the rod in the Swing Plane Perfector and the one in the grip parallel to each other which is then on a perfect plane in p3 and trains the proper amount of forearm rotation from p2 to p3.

    Tommy Fleetwood uses the Swing Plane Perfector every day when he practices; even in his warm up on most tournament days.

    Thanks for that I live in the U.K. so will have to have a bit of a search I was hoping someone would sell it as a golf product. Will check out that swing plane perfector

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #468

    On -, @Hilts1969 said:

    Thanks for that I live in the U.K. so will have to have a bit of a search I was hoping someone would sell it as a golf product. Will check out that swing plane perfector

    It's actually a UK product I believe. They aren't cheap, but very easy to keep in the golf bag. They cost $229 in the USA and are very hard to find right now, most places have them back ordered and very few ever make it to eBay too.

    http://www.swingplaneperfector.com/product/swing-plane-perfector/

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des MoinesMembers  1953WRX Points: 304Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #469

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster , do you know Doug Ferreri? Or hear of Paul Bertholy?

    No, but I am horrible with names, so unless I've met them 5x or more I usually only recognize faces LOL.

    Doug's a West Palm guy, former teaching assistant to the late Paul Bertholy, and knows the Koepkas (coached Chase in HS). Lurks here and posts every so often. Sorry to derail. Great thread!

    Posted:
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #470

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster , do you know Doug Ferreri? Or hear of Paul Bertholy?

    No, but I am horrible with names, so unless I've met them 5x or more I usually only recognize faces LOL.

    Doug's a West Palm guy, former teaching assistant to the late Paul Bertholy, and knows the Koepkas (coached Chase in HS). Lurks here and posts every so often. Sorry to derail. Great thread!

    I don't know him, but I knew I had heard Doug Ferreri's name before. Brooks is best friends with Marc Turnesa who works for me.... Turnesa won the 2008 Las Vegas Invitational on the PGA Tour so I've seen Brooks more at Turnesa's than at Bear Lakes CC the last few years. Brooks lives closer to The Medalist now so he doesn't go to Bear Lakes too often these days, but his brother Chase is there every day.

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1155WRX Points: 130Posts: 1,155 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #471

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @Hilts1969 said:

    Thanks for that I live in the U.K. so will have to have a bit of a search I was hoping someone would sell it as a golf product. Will check out that swing plane perfector

    It's actually a UK product I believe. They aren't cheap, but very easy to keep in the golf bag. They cost $229 in the USA and are very hard to find right now, most places have them back ordered and very few ever make it to eBay too.

    http://www.swingplaneperfector.com/product/swing-plane-perfector/

    Sorry I was talking about the driveway reflector alignment sticks, will have a look in Homebase over here see if they have them.

    Posted:
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Members  350WRX Points: 114Posts: 350 Greens
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #472

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster , do you know Doug Ferreri? Or hear of Paul Bertholy?

    No, but I am horrible with names, so unless I've met them 5x or more I usually only recognize faces LOL.

    Doug's a West Palm guy, former teaching assistant to the late Paul Bertholy, and knows the Koepkas (coached Chase in HS). Lurks here and posts every so often. Sorry to derail. Great thread!

    Actually I was Brooks first HS coach at a small Christian HS in Wellington FL . His father asked me to start teaching Chase when he was in second grade. Paul Bertholy was nominated in April 2019 for the PGA Hall of Fame

    Posted:
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA


    www.dougferreri.com
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers  1512WRX Points: 456Handicap: 8.3Posts: 1,512 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #473

    On -, @97speedster said:

    Here is where Brooks Koepka is in P1 through P10:

    The two things that jump out at me in the photos are:
    1. How relatively closed the clubface is at P2. It doesn't surprise me since the clubface is parallel with his spine which is what is taught in the modern swing. It's just striking to see & compare to how much I tend to roll the clubface open & get it inside my hands at this point.
    2. At P7 I would have expected his hips to be more open. That does surprise me.
    He's only the best player in the world right now & has been for a couple of years; maybe we should all pay attention to what he's doing.

    Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping G410 Plus 9
    Ping G400 14.5
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

    Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #474

    On -, @otw said:

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @games said:

    On -, @97speedster , do you know Doug Ferreri? Or hear of Paul Bertholy?

    No, but I am horrible with names, so unless I've met them 5x or more I usually only recognize faces LOL.

    Doug's a West Palm guy, former teaching assistant to the late Paul Bertholy, and knows the Koepkas (coached Chase in HS). Lurks here and posts every so often. Sorry to derail. Great thread!

    Actually I was Brooks first HS coach at a small Christian HS in Wellington FL . His father asked me to start teaching Chase when he was in second grade. Paul Bertholy was nominated in April 2019 for the PGA Hall of Fame

    I talked to Chase about you recently when someone else mentioned your name to me on GolfWRX. What year did Warren Bottke come into the picture?

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 6, 2019 #475

    Duplicate

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • nfmotonfmoto Members  250WRX Points: 97Posts: 250 Greens
    Joined:  #476

    On -, @jonsnow said:

    On -, @97speedster said:

    Here is where Brooks Koepka is in P1 through P10:

    The two things that jump out at me in the photos are:
    1. How relatively closed the clubface is at P2. It doesn't surprise me since the clubface is parallel with his spine which is what is taught in the modern swing. It's just striking to see & compare to how much I tend to roll the clubface open & get it inside my hands at this point.
    2. At P7 I would have expected his hips to be more open. That does surprise me.
    He's only the best player in the world right now & has been for a couple of years; maybe we should all pay attention to what he's doing.

    Brooks doesn't play good golf because he restricts his hips. He plays good golf in spite of restricting his hips.

    Posted:
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Members  350WRX Points: 114Posts: 350 Greens
    Joined:  #477

    On -, @97speedster said:

    Duplicate

    Warren was Brooks's instructor while Brooks was on my HS Team. Chase was in second grade at the time. His father would bring him to my house after school once a week. He had the fasted kinesthetic acceptability factor I have ever seen. His swing totally changed in 6 weeks. 7 weeks later he won a FL qualifying for his age group with a 36. Chase was usually the smallest in his age group until he got to senior year in hs.

    Posted:
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA


    www.dougferreri.com
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #478

    On -, @otw said:

    On -, @97speedster said:

    Duplicate

    Warren was Brooks's instructor while Brooks was on my HS Team. Chase was in second grade at the time. His father would bring him to my house after school once a week. He had the fasted kinesthetic acceptability factor I have ever seen. His swing totally changed in 6 weeks. 7 weeks later he won a FL qualifying for his age group with a 36. Chase was usually the smallest in his age group until he got to senior year in hs.

    Chase is still small... him and Brooks are polar opposites, you can’t get Chase to shut up and It’s tough to get Brooks to say two words. 😂

    Posted:
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1518WRX Points: 938Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #479

    After a good rotation/ slightly bent right arm to the top...

    I’ve been keeping my right arm as straight as possible till impact and it’s forcing a smoother lower body tempo along with a better lower body rotation. My ball flight got higher but contact it great.

    has anyone else been feeling this?

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  
     

    WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • 97speedster97speedster Speedster Members  671WRX Points: 544Handicap: +2Posts: 671 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Aug 7, 2019 #480

    On -, @TIM929 said:

    After a good rotation/ slightly bent right arm to the top...

    I’ve been keeping my right arm as straight as possible till impact and it’s forcing a smoother lower body tempo along with a better lower body rotation. My ball flight got higher but contact it great.

    has anyone else been feeling this?

    My ball flight got higher too, but I don't try to keep my right arm straight on the downswing. You actually want some right side bend which you can't do with a straight right arm, if you don't have right side bend then you are going to Early Extend and it's going to also hurt your rotation. From p4 to p6 I keep the bend in my right arm the same. A great way to get right side bend is by practicing with the Sure-Set training aid or the Power Angle Pro. With either training aid when you get to p4 you go to p6 without changing the flexion angle in your right arm and elbow.

    Posted:
    Post edited by 97speedster on
    WITB in 2018
    Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (10.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6X
    3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Stage 2 (14.5 degrees)
    Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7X
    Hybrid: Srixon U85 (18 degrees)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100 
    Irons: TaylorMade P-760 (4-PW)
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2"
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52.12, 58.12), Callaway Mack Daddy 2 64.8
    Shaft: KBS TGI 100  +1/2" in 52 & 58; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400 in 64
    Putter: Tour Issue Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Lined and Filled 34"
    Grip: Golf Pride Classic Putter Grip
    Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1518WRX Points: 938Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #481

    On -, @97speedster said:

    On -, @TIM929 said:

    After a good rotation/ slightly bent right arm to the top...

    I’ve been keeping my right arm as straight as possible till impact and it’s forcing a smoother lower body tempo along with a better lower body rotation. My ball flight got higher but contact it great.

    has anyone else been feeling this?

    My ball flight got higher too, but I don't try to keep my right arm straight on the downswing. You actually want some right side bend which you can't do with a straight right arm, if you don't have right side arm bend then you are going to Early Extend and it's going to also hurt your rotation. From p4 to p6 I keep the bend in my right arm the same. A great way to get right side bend is by practicing with the Sure-Set training aid or the Power Angle Pro. With either training aid when you get to p4 you go to p6 without changing the flexion angle in your right arm and elbow.

    Thank you!! Will research the training aide and get ASAP!

    I really enjoy the swing grind and this thread keeps me grinding in a consistent way - all width

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  
     

    WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
17

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.