We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

PXG driver concaved face???

Jetrocket1 ·  
Jetrocket1Jetrocket1  88WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 88

Recently purchased a PXG 0811x driver and noticed that the face is caved in?? Am I crazy or is it not the other way? Contacted the company and they won’t stand behind it because it was a prototype...

Posted:

Comments

• MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28935WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 28,935

I owned a conclave driver once. By day I was hitting 300yd bombs, by night I was helping elect the Pope.

Most versatile driver I've ever owned

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Jetrocket1Jetrocket1  88WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 88

On -, @MtlJeff said:

I owned a conclave driver once. By day I was hitting 300yd bombs, by night I was helping elect the Pope.

Most versatile driver I've ever owned

Just noticed it.... thanks :)

Posted:
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1  750WRX Points: 150Members Posts: 750

On -, @Jetrocket1 said:

Recently purchased a PXG 0811x driver and noticed that the face is caved in?? Am I crazy or is it not the other way? Contacted the company and they won’t stand behind it because it was a prototype...

Where did you purchase the club from? And how did they get a "prototype"?

PXG is generally very specific about who they will let sell their clubs. So if it was not directly from PXG or one of ths very limited retailers they approve of, then there is a high probability that it is counterfeit.

Posted:
    WITB

PXG  0811x Oban Tour Limited 04
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    PXG 0317 19 Hybrid Fujikura Pro 2.0 s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    PXG 0211 irons 5-G True Temper Elevate 95 S (1°flat 1°weak D4)
    PING Glide 3.0 TS 56/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PING Glide 3.0 SS 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PXG Mustang 365g single bend
    Snell MTB Black

I contacted PXG gave them the serial# they are telling me it’s a prototype therefore they cannot replace or correct the issue. They also state that if the club changes ownership they cannot do anything about it even if it an obvious defect.

Person I purchased from stated they were fitted at a golf shop for it.

I thought it was just me but the face is inverted and not just in one spot but the whole thing.

Posted:
  • Peanut191Peanut191  1870WRX Points: 88Members Posts: 1,870

Was it like that when you purchased it, or did it deform after you hit it? Maybe try contacting the seller and see if you can get anything resolved?

Posted:
    M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
    M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
    Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
    Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
    Callaway Razr Forged GW 51
    Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey 60M
    Scotty Newport 1.5

On -, @Peanut191 said:

Was it like that when you purchased it, or did it deform after you hit it? Maybe try contacting the seller and see if you can get anything resolved?

I don’t know I honestly never even thought to look at it. PXG is telling me it doesn’t matter they only carry a 1yr warranty for the original owner and the fact that it’s a “prototype” means it has no value or that it cannot be determined so there is no equivalent to replace it with. For what they sell these things at I’d expect more from a quality and customer service. I had an 5yr old Titleist 3 wood that the crown cracked on and they replaced it no questions asked.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2076WRX Points: 586Members Posts: 2,076

On -, @Jetrocket1 said:

On -, @Peanut191 said:

I don’t know I honestly never even thought to look at it. PXG is telling me it doesn’t matter they only carry a 1yr warranty for the original owner and the fact that it’s a “prototype” means it has no value or that it cannot be determined so there is no equivalent to replace it with. For what they sell these things at I’d expect more from a quality and customer service. I had an 5yr old Titleist 3 wood that the crown cracked on and they replaced it no questions asked.

Was the titleist a prototype? I see where they are coming from and you can’t replace something that wasn’t designed for production. There are other brands that may or may not replace a club after a certain point because they lack the inventory to do so and if they do it may not be current model year.

Posted:
  • swgolf12swgolf12  1004WRX Points: 180Members Posts: 1,004

This thread is useless without pictures!

Posted:
    • 16' M2 8.5* TPT 14 Proto
    • 917F2 16.5* Diamana D+90
    • Vapor Fly Pro 3 Fuji Pro 95
    • VR Pro Combo 4-PW 
    • SSC Don White Grind 53/58
    • PM Grind 64
    • Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/ Cameron Catalina Two Welded Neck / Newport T22
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 28924WRX Points: 5,416Members Posts: 28,924

Nah. Just from a tour source. Probably pro clubs , peoples clubs etc. very very common. Even Pxg. Bobby doesn’t run as tight of a ship as he lets on. Just spends more on commercials.

Posted:
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• Ri_RedneckRi_Redneck Leather for Life!!  5623WRX Points: 281Members Posts: 5,623

I believe I would have immediately asked for a refund. NO DRIVER should have a concave face.

BT

Posted:
    Bag 1
    F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
    King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
    King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
    Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge

Bag 2
    Mizuno ST180 9.5* - Diamana Kai'Li 70 X
    Mizuno GPX850 14.5* - Motore Speeder TS 7.3 S
    Mizuno GPX850 20* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
    Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge

I’ll take a few once I can get my phone off the charger but PXG contacted me and offered a replacement gen 1 for $95. Think I’ll take that over nothing.

Posted:

Advertisement

Not sure how well it shows it but there is a crease along the crown

Posted:
  • puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ Florida 5301WRX Points: 422Members Posts: 5,301

That is unfortunate, proto or not.

Not certain what your options are at this piont.

Posted:

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

It sucks but after some persistence They've agreed to replace with a Gen 1 0811X including an Evenflow White x-stiff shaft for $95. At this point it is better then nothing but no telling what the value of this prototype was. They don't even want the prototype back which I thought was odd.

Going to try and see if I can get the face to flex back out of this one in the meantime, have access to high powered vacuum pump so hoping with that and a suction cup I can pull it outwards. In reading I think it might be a flaw with their variable face thickness since the outer perimeter of the face is thinner then the center maybe it's a bit weaker and has a possibility to get stuck inwards like this one. If not it still has and EvenFlow t1100 stiff shaft in it so maybe I can recoup some $ on that.

Posted:
  • farmerfarmer  8292WRX Points: 806Members Posts: 8,292

The club head had a structural fail. If you could get the face to pop back, that structural failure will still be there, and might even be exacerbated by forcing the face back into shape. I doubt that the face or head could ever be taken back to original dimensions.

Posted:

Yeah but my only other option is to chuck it.... figure I may as well try.

Posted:

Advertisement

put theT1100 shaft up for sale in the classified will probably throw in the head if the buyer wants it for any reason.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.