First time having an issue with a BST on this site - description here

Cachaulo

Agreed on buying the Titleist wedges from this listing: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1802491/year-end-clean-out-srixon-ping-g400-max#latest

Package arrived and the clubs looked to be as pictured but when I swung them something felt off...lined them up and there seems to be something off with the lengths. The 60 is the longest (left side in the picture), and all seem to be longer than my other Standard L/L Vokeys. I'm not sure if the shafts were installed in the wrong wedges or one or more of them are non standard lengths but wither way it was a surprise and I'm not interested in playing a set like this. I tried to contact the seller but so far no response (though I see he has been online), if he gets in touch and we can work something out I'm happy to take down the post.

1AI8BXF575T5.jpg

-Sent PM with comments and pictures on GolfWRX

-Sent another PM

-Sent a message to the email address associated with Paypal account

-Reported the original post and was told to start a discussion here

I have had nothing but smooth transactions so far on this site so if anyone has suggestions let me know.

Thanks!

Not siding with seller, but did you ask if the clubs were original loft/length/lie? That listing has some flags with the lack of information. No mention of length (picture next to ruler), or if an actual titleist build. Buyer beware in listings without a lot of information. This does not excuse the lack of response from the seller.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Did you verify specs with seller? I agree with above, the listing was severely lacking in details, and if the specs were not standard it SHOULD be noted. But some responsibility lies with the buyer here - BST is not a retail store. Luckily, it is a correctable problem, but I’m not sure it’s one the seller is on the hook for.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

There has been no attempt to reach me. No PM message no emails I received a PayPal dispute and reached out this buyer and nothing in return

the wedges were built by local club fitter. I posted the ad for multiple items. The buyer wanted to deal and I made him deal for wedges and head covers. More than 10 days later I get a PayPal dispute. I messaged them directly

there has been zero attempt by this buyer and would be happy to show you anything you need to see that

never requested lengths or anything to be measured and I have played these half season only with zero range time

i post on here frequent and never have I had an issue if items not being receive as described. Not once!

i get PayPal dispute then fins pulled out of my account why we resolve

he has asked for 310 returned for wedges but yet the deal was for wedges and rocket tour headocvers for 310

again not a single Message from the buyer

I emailed and offered cash for having the shaft trimmed and regripped but nothing in response

the ad shows the wedges and he reached out directly stating “ I will take the wedges “. We made deal for them and the headcovers Then ten days later I get a dispute from PayPal and now a message from you

sorry but I will not refund for the wedges or headcovers as they were described in the ad and he agreed I don’t build clubs or anything like that as I have a local club builder Now again I offer 30 dollars for cut down and new grip but that’s it There was no misleading in the ad and if the buyer has remorse from spending money on wedges befure Xmas I can’t help that

i have perfect feedback on here and not a single glitch

please review the ad and if there is anything else I can send you I would be happy to as the buyer has not sent me anything at all only a message thru PayPal as a dispute

Ping G430 Max / Ventus Blue TR 6S

Srixon ZX  3 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75/05

Srixon ZX Utility 17*  w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple HB 100/05
Srixon ZX 7 MKii w/  Steel FIbers i110CW

Cleveland RTX 6 Tour Rack  52/56/60
Taylormade Spider X Copper Slant Neck

Odyssey O works Red 7S

OP, you can't assume they're standard anything when buying on here. everyone's specs are different. yes it would be nice for the seller to note the length of the clubs (standard, +1" -.50" whatever) but as a buyer you should have asked more questions.

it's not hard to get the grips pulled and chopped down to your length (since they're longer than your playing length).

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

OP, do you have proof of trying to PM banks24? Also, what are the lengths of each wedge compared to the stock Titleist specs? Your picture of the grips is not helping the jury of DnD make an appropriate ruling. We need more facts, lol

Honestly, this seems like buyers remorse.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Thanks for the comments guys, he sent me a message/email after this post. I do have proof of the PM but now that he is talking with me this post is not needed so I’ll likely delete and resolve offline.

The ad clearly stated the lengths of the other clubs he was selling so my assumption was that if there were custom not standard lengths then he would have stated so. I’m guessing some error by the shop he works with as I have never heard of anyone going with a longer lob wedge compared to the rest of the set.

I agree I should have asked more questions and will certainly do so in the future, I appreciate the comments here and the seller for contacting me to get this worked out.

For what it's worth, as a buyer and seller on BST I think it's poor etiquette to not list unusual specs in a listing. I'm sure there was no ill intent here, and the onus is on the buyer to confirm specs, but it strikes me as poor form to not take the extra time to list the specs.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I disagree. I think the onus is on a seller to describe any deviation from the manufacturers specified standard. Why have any "specifications" or "standard" at all if the buyers should assume that every single club in existence is an individual, custom piece?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

You guys just said the same thing, essentially. And you are correct - if you’re going to sell here you should take the time to list all measurable specs as best you can. I had a good chuckle to myself reading the sellers post that he described the wedges in his listing. I’m sorry, but that listing was lacking.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

The problem, Irish, is that too many people on this forum subscribe to the 90/10 rule. What I mean is that they believe a buyer is 10% at fault for a seller scamming them. Some people are dishonest, plain and simple. I want to be clear that I HAVE NO IDEA IF THE SELLER WAS BEING DECEITFUL. What I’m saying is that I don’t believe a buyer is ever at fault for not asking if something is different from the manufacturer’s standard for a particular club.

I’d like to see the direct message or enough of it to see who is lying/misinformed. Essentially, you are calling the seller a liar and they are leveling the same charge against you. If you sent a message then there is a point in your favor.

Also, I’m sorry but I cannot resist... Club WRX paid member

• Like 1

Yeah, we're basically saying the same thing here. I think there's a sliding scale here, too. I don't know the lie angle of every club in the iron set I own (purchased used here), and in fact lie angles can change over time, but I DO know that I cut my shaft down on my driver an inch. If I was listing my irons and driver for sale, I should be expected to list the 1 inch shaft cut on my driver, but I think I can be forgiven if my irons ended up being 1 degree upright.

It's pretty clear to me that if you've had work done on a club that alters its stock characteristics, you should disclose that work. It's part of being a community. Or in George Costanza's words, we're living in a SOCIETY, people!

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

And only has 249 posts since 2011, yet posts “frequently”

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

I’ll grant him that he over 200+ posts. Problem is that they are all in the BST! Every. Single. One. If my mobile search abilities are correct.

I understand that this member is different than a Club WRX member with 6 posts scamming someone. Also, The I’m not saying this was a scam, yet, but it just looks bad for that whole “program”. It’s to the point where I would almost AVOID those members. Not really but man do they give it a bad name.

Hey guys, here are the screenshots of the PMs...Banks I have no idea why you didnt see them. Now that we are in communication I am sure we can work out a resolution.

Your message with tracking info, then after I returned from a business trip I checked the wedges and sent you a response and pictures on 12/14 and another on 12/15. The only reason I opened the Paypal dispute was because I saw you were on this site and had not responded to my message and thought it would get your attention. I'm not asking for refund on the Headcovers, they are fine...the wedges are not standard lengths and the 60degree is +1" which doesnt match the other two wedges which appear to be +1/4 or +1/2.

0WSWFT3VI668.jpeg

687777FJM451.jpeg

When I see a low post count in the BST, I avoid at all costs. No feedback system is a problem, as well.

I think the whole set up is wrong, but I guess the site has to make money some how.

I really think this site has gone down hill over the past year or so, this is just another example.

• Like 1

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

Banks - I dont think you are scamming me, maybe you forgot to mention they were longer than standard and didn't know the 60deg was extra long. All in all I just want a set I can play and these are longer than expected and the 60 deg is way off, I asked to refund because I thought it would be simpler for you to sell the set to someone else as I have never modified a club and didn't want to go through the hassle. If the best solution is I get them all cut down to the proper lengths and regripped then I'm ok with that also. I'll send a response to you in PM as well but putting it here in case you dont get it.

Closing this thread as the issue is resolved. Seems a few issues lead to this but in the end Banks sent me some $ to get the length adjusted and new grip installed so in the end all will work out ok.

-My PMs to Banks were not received for some reason even though they show up as sent on my side, this started things off on the wrong foot because I thought he was ignoring me and the first he heard about it was my paypal dispute.

-Banks club fitter must have messed up, cant see a reason for a 36" lob wedge that doesn't match the other two. If I were him I would mention it to them as it seems like a pretty big error.

-Next time I'll ask more questions and request measurements/pictures when buying something if it isnt explicitly stated that everything is standard.

-Sell advertisement didn't list details about the non-standard nature of the shaft lengths (in my sale ads I'll take this lesson learned, maybe Banks as well)

Thanks again to all who gave comments.