GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Have green fees increased in your area?

bgdubba ·  
bgdubbabgdubba Members  3WRX Points: 41Posts: 3 Starters

In my area green fees for even average courses are over $50 for morning tee times. There are no real deals to be found. All of the courses are packed. I’m wondering if the limitations due to COVID are encouraging more people to play more rounds of golf. Anyone else noticing higher prices and limited availability on your local courses?

Posted:

Comments

• Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members  1910WRX Points: 278Posts: 1,910 Platinum Tees

The courses in my area are generally busier than last year (and this is our off-season). Rates are up just about everywhere here, anywhere from a dollar or two at the low end courses to $10-15+ at the high end courses. I tend to book my tee times 1-2 weeks out or whenever the tee sheet opens at a particular course so I am not having any trouble with availability. I know if you try to book a last minute (1-2 days out) weekend morning tee time at many courses now, there isn't anything left unless you are a single, and that used to not be the case. Last year I played a lot during the week at 3-4pm when it's 105-110 degrees out and the courses were absolutely empty and I could fly around not waiting once, the few times I tried it this summer I caught foursomes.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25612WRX Points: 2,830Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,612 ClubWRX

In the Chicago area, green fees are up probably 5-10% but what I've also noticed is that ranges are generally full. Driving home I go past 2 ranges with 20-30 hitting areas and they are filled.

Posted:
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  4061WRX Points: 414Handicap: 7Posts: 4,061 Titanium Tees

I'm at a private club so dues have remained the same but I have noticed our course is much busier than normal. Possibly because people are working from home so its easier to incorporate a round of golf in their day.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.