must not buy... must not buy.... anyone going to buy?

WannabePaperTigerWannabePaperTiger Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
Is anyone going to be buying these? would love to hear if you are and why. I'm tempted just because they look amazing but i'm perfectly content with my mizuno wedges. for now image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />

cold forged copper vokeys

Comments

• flopshot99flopshot99 Banned Posts: 946
    nope..not from this seller. he has a history of banning members who r aware of his games and he loves to pishbthings that rakuten doesn't sell. but u can do as you wish. there us a forum on another site that discusses all the stuff he has done.
  • WannabePaperTigerWannabePaperTiger Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    wow really? i thought tsg was a legit site. thanks for the headsup. will google for more info.
  • coopscoops Members Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited Nov 10, 2015 #4
    TSG are reliable and fine for purchasing clubs etc - have dealt with them myself... ok to buy from - but can be a bit, errr, 'economical with the truth'

Just take any 'reviews' with a massive pinch of salt as they are in the business of selling their inventory after all...

And bear in mind your Mizuno wedges are superior in terms of the forging process used - and if you like them, you can I believe send them off to TSG to get refinished like that Vokey - which would make more sense.

Or you could get an Epon wedge (from fairway golf if you're in the USA) in their own copper chrome finish (sadly no longer available in the full iron sets a s a finish option).

post-185540-0-46190100-1403484686_thumb.jpg
  • FyteOnFyteOn Members Posts: 395 ✭✭
    TSG is extremely reliable if you understand what it is. It's not WRX, it's a golf shop with a forum for people with similar interests. But the whole purpose of the site is to be an online golf store for items that are tough to get in the States. The "reviews" are just sales pitches, no different than if you went into PGASS and the TM rep was telling you why such and such club is the best. He does a very good job at marketing the products with "top reviews" and outstanding HD pictures. But it's just salesmanship.

I personally think the Seven brand is little over the top (their house brand) but the TSG Works (whoever builds their clubs) does an outstanding job. I've ordered a few custom items that were spec'd absolutely perfectly.

If they have an item you want, I would definitely not hesitate purchasing from Chris' site.
    Epic SZ - T1100
    13* Epic SZ - T1100
    Epic 3H
    Epon 303 4-A
    Yururi Tataki 55/60
    SC X6M
  • WannabePaperTigerWannabePaperTiger Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    thanks for all the feedback guys. definitely interested in getting my mizunos refinished if possible...will look into that.
  • freehbfreehb Members Posts: 839
    TSG is a solid company. They can get some good stuff but should alway check rak and yaj. Sometimes, TSG is a good deal, esp if it's something TSG stocks with a custom build. Often the major stores on rak will do the same for a few hundred less. Or you can buy components on yaj and get it built here. TSG is by far the easiest. I have never had a prob w rak or any yaj deal though. I've seen som of the TSG club works product and it is first class.
    153 Roddio M6s
    Spoon Roddio F7s
    Cleek Roddio F7s
    21 Roddio hybrid ut i7s
    705 5-A Muziik Bangvoo
    213 54/60 Muziik Bangvoo
    SC Kombi S
  • freehbfreehb Members Posts: 839

Is anyone going to be buying these? would love to hear if you are and why. I'm tempted just because they look amazing but i'm perfectly content with my mizuno wedges. for now image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />

[url="http://www.tourspecgolf.com/smoked-copper-titleist-cold-forged-vokey-wedges-by-tsg-club-works"]cold forged copper vokeys[/url]

Scratch2plus (pervy to the ho's) has these I believe with a lighter copper finish...he likes them...
    153 Roddio M6s
    Spoon Roddio F7s
    Cleek Roddio F7s
    21 Roddio hybrid ut i7s
    705 5-A Muziik Bangvoo
    213 54/60 Muziik Bangvoo
    SC Kombi S
  • GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭
    I have purchased from TSG and never had any reason to regret. The wedges are really good looking, however, they are twice the price of normal

Pokey's. Not worth the extra price to me, I will stick with my regular Vokey Wedges, they only last a year.
  • kingarthurkingarthur Members Posts: 585 ✭✭
    Most of the established sellers on Rakuten provide English services and are relatively easy to deal with as long as you know your stuff. The biggest problem is just browsing through the numerous listings.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,972 ✭✭
    I've purchased many times from TSG, never any issues. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • zeromilepostzeromilepost Members Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited Dec 1, 2015 #12
    freehb wrote:

TSG is a solid company. They can get some good stuff but should alway check rak and yaj. Sometimes, TSG is a good deal, esp if it's something TSG stocks with a custom build. Often the major stores on rak will do the same for a few hundred less. Or you can buy components on yaj and get it built here. TSG is by far the easiest. I have never had a prob w rak or any yaj deal though. I've seen som of the TSG club works product and it is first class.

What "yaj"?
    Yahoo Japan.

Well, after supporting them a few posts back, I recently had my first experience with the unscrupulous side of Chris (TSG). I doubt I'll be giving him any more of my business for a while. Time heals all wounds and I'm sure I'll be back but I now understand why there are so many negative posts about him and his company.
    Epic SZ - T1100
    13* Epic SZ - T1100
    Epic 3H
    Epon 303 4-A
    Yururi Tataki 55/60
    SC X6M
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,813 ✭✭
    FyteOn wrote:

Yahoo Japan.

Well, after supporting them a few posts back, I recently had my first experience with the unscrupulous side of Chris (TSG). I doubt I'll be giving him any more of my business for a while. Time heals all wounds and I'm sure I'll be back but I now understand why there are so many negative posts about him and his company.

Please, do tell
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,469 ✭✭
    Curious about your recent experience with Chris as well. I have had multiple transactions with him, and never a problem. Products are as advertised. The reviews are very hyped up, and the members contribute to the hype by claiming every driver and shaft they buy is leaps and bounds better than the previous one (like a few of us here). Prices are high, but you are paying for a premium product, not a good deal but I don't expect it to be.
    Epic Flash Subzero with Synergy Black Proto 60TX shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Synergy Black Proto 65TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • teeitlowteeitlow Members Posts: 925
    All my transactions were fine with TSG, they only amounted to 2, and a couple of years ago, but I had no issues.

Have no reason not to do so again....need wedges.

-D
  • Hack1Hack1 Judge your round by your best shots, not your worst shots. Members Posts: 1,204
    $250 a club is pretty darn expensive.
    RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Fuijikura Rocketfuel 50 gram Stiff
    RBZ 15* Matrix Ozik Xcon-5 Stiff
    Miura MB-001 3-P w NSP Modus3 Tour 120 S
    NO1 48 Series Black ROUND Grip, D6 SW
    Miura 1957 51y & 56k, Vega VW-10 60 w DG S300
    Tour Velvet GP Grip
    2016 Bettinardi BB8
    Clicgear 3.5
    Sun Mountain C130
    Titleist Pro-V1, V1X
    Not going to get into the whole story, but he tried to make a couple hundred extra off of me with a bush league bait and switch. I called him out through a private email and he didn't seem to care that it cost him a customer. So it is what it is. We're all big boys.
    Epic SZ - T1100
    13* Epic SZ - T1100
    Epic 3H
    Epon 303 4-A
    Yururi Tataki 55/60
    SC X6M
  • tourbillontourbillon Members Posts: 92
    I also had a strange experience with TSG. I wanted a specific wedge head he formerly stocked. But for some reason he said that this was trash! I should buy the new super duper wegdes he has in stock.

I bought on Rakuten then for a much better price.

A good site to get infos though.
  • flopshot99flopshot99 Banned Posts: 946
    Ah yes..tried telling so many people about tsg n chris...now truth comes out.
  • tourbillontourbillon Members Posts: 92
    He was not really forcing me. But these were my favourite heads, he sold them before and the suddenly it was trash. Strange!

JDM equipment can be bought in many places. Cheaper.
  • kingarthurkingarthur Members Posts: 585 ✭✭
    You can get decent amount of useful information from TSG and it's forum. But I would go to Rakuten to make a purchase for sure
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,064 ✭✭
    I wonder how durable that finish is
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members Posts: 4,586 ✭✭
    must not, and probably will not buy
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    @thereal#7
  • white03white03 Members Posts: 693 ✭✭
    As was said and I'll second, TSG is a good seller and site for those interested in JDM, but remember it is about selling his product. You'll pay premium price, but you'll also get the real thing not a knock off. Bought my T-MBs off Yahoo Japan, but all the info I got came from TSG and if TSG would have come close to what I bought them off the Yahoo Japan then I would have bought from TSG.

For those knocking TSG, you should know that according to what I've read WRX is the child of TSG, so its like knocking your father.
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members Posts: 4,586 ✭✭
    white03 wrote:

As was said and I'll second, TSG is a good seller and site for those interested in JDM, but remember it is about selling his product. You'll pay premium price, but you'll also get the real thing not a knock off. Bought my T-MBs off Yahoo Japan, but all the info I got came from TSG and if TSG would have come close to what I bought them off the Yahoo Japan then I would have bought from TSG.

For those knocking TSG, you should know that according to what I've read WRX is the child of TSG, so its like knocking your father.
    I can't knock TSG for their entrepreneurship.
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    @thereal#7
  • irwinfletcher77irwinfletcher77 Banned Posts: 2,259
    Those are filthy looking!!! Love copper
  • krishlinkrishlin Members Posts: 3
    I've bought well over $2000 worth of clubs from TSG. I haven't had one problem yet. I'm pretty sure you can trust them. You can get some pretty cool clubs that you can't get in the US.
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Members Posts: 1,895 ✭✭
    edited Sep 4, 2018 #29
    You can trust TSG that they will deliver the stuff you have bought but I wouldn't trust a thing that comes out of that guy's mouth.