Game Golf tracking system (merged)

1616263646567»

Comments

• dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,114 mod
    Well I made the call this past weekend to pull the band-aid off and just stop using it altogether. I had 6 rounds down in Pinehurst and while it would have been nice to track them, I just felt like it was time to bail. If they really put some significiant updates into it, I'll consider it again - heck its a sunk cost for me at this point. But after 2.5 years and very minimal useful updates, it was just time for me to bail.
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • Geaux GatorsGeaux Gators GEAUX GATORS Members Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    that took you long enough... I bailed a while back.. very begrudgingly i might add.. my new irons, don't even have tags in them.

a) i will not give up my grips to use them, I like my grips... and the tags won't stay in.

b) i have lost enough tags that I don't have a full set anymore anyway

c) i now am out of routine of tagging, so I missed half the shots last time I attempted to try to use it again

d) if they give it a go with a upgrade, I will give it a go with said upgrade, as I like the system, even if it doesn't do anything more than it did..... but I want them to upgrade the tags...
    Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
    Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
    Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
    Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
    Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne
    Chromesoft Truvis
  • NAM2212NAM2212 Members Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to use mine for the first time this past weekend. Played a course that is only 9 holes so I had to play it twice to get the full 18 in. Tracked it as 2 separate rounds and I can't figure out how to combine them.
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    NAM2212 wrote:

I got to use mine for the first time this past weekend. Played a course that is only 9 holes so I had to play it twice to get the full 18 in. Tracked it as 2 separate rounds and I can't figure out how to combine them.

You have to E-mail customer support and ask them to combine them for you.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,202 ClubWRX
    I searched the thread and didn't see it posted - sorry if I missed it. This is pretty good deal in that you get two sets of tags. Handy if you have a vintage set or travel bag,
    Ping G410 Tensi Orange
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • greihinggreihing NYer in Georgia Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Big update to game golf's insights page. Some nice graphics and better comparison options. Not all the fixes necessary for stroked gained yet but still nice.
    Ping G LS - UST proforce V2 7
    Ping G 3 Wood
    Apex 18
    Srixon 965 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
    52 Titleist, 60/64 Callaway pm grind
    Black Lab BL-2 | Bellum Winmore 707 | Circa 62 #3
  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've given up. The new insights are the same stats with a fresh coat of paint. I appreciate that, but it's hideous that they don't have same hole comparison yet. Play a course a few times, and you should be able to see trends on it.

They have that data, and they aren't using it. That sucks. And after two seasons of it, I've learned very little. It's neat to see how long your long drive is, but GIR isn't hard to track. The value in the collected data isn't being used. It would be cool if they opened an export option so we could plot it on kvm. But we can't. Until then, bugger off.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• NAM2212NAM2212 Members Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭

NAM2212 wrote:

You have to E-mail customer support and ask them to combine them for you.

I finally heard back and they said it is not possible.
    One other point to add. Arccos just added per-hole shot history.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• MSchadMSchad Members Posts: 299 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2017 #1991
    matchavez wrote:

That isn't new. They have had that for as long as I have been using Arccos, over 2 years.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade M2[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike CPR 26*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Arccos Game Tracker[/font]
    MSchad wrote:

matchavez wrote:

That isn't new. They have had that for as long as I have been using Arccos, over 2 years.

My mistake. I didn't see it on the old demo, but did on the new one. That's even more damning.

• Mr.BondMr.Bond Members Posts: 153
    A so love mine. I don't use the live option ever but it does exactly what I wanted it to
  • Auditor_KevinAuditor_Kevin Lifelong addict to the game of golf..... Members Posts: 890 ✭✭
    I'm still using and enjoying Game Golf. Fellow users - feel free to add me to your friends list. Details are in my sig.

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
    Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
    Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
    Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
    https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22
  • 5yddraw5yddraw Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    Any updates to Game Golf's statistics? I'm considering getting it but I've read its stat tracking lacks a lot of key features compared to Arccos.
  • xreyukxreyuk United KingdomMembers Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    I've just bought game golf. Was on offer here for £89 so decided to buy it. I've heard Arcoss is better, but it's 2.5x the price, and it's not worth it for me.

I realise GameGolf Live doesn't have proper pin location unless you tag it in the app, is this done by manually moving the pin, or is there a button in the app to tap, where it sets it itself?

If you don't have your phone with you, I've heard it's a good idea to tap your last putt at the pin location, and move the pin after the round whilst deleting that putt, does anyone else do this?
    xreyuk wrote:

I've just bought game golf. Was on offer here for £89 so decided to buy it. I've heard Arcoss is better, but it's 2.5x the price, and it's not worth it for me.

I realise GameGolf Live doesn't have proper pin location unless you tag it in the app, is this done by manually moving the pin, or is there a button in the app to tap, where it sets it itself?

If you don't have your phone with you, I've heard it's a good idea to tap your last putt at the pin location, and move the pin after the round whilst deleting that putt, does anyone else do this?

There's an accelerometer in the tag unit. If you bend over, that's where it spots the pin. Just make sure the unit tilts over near the cup.

• xreyukxreyuk United KingdomMembers Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    matchavez wrote:

There's an accelerometer in the tag unit. If you bend over, that's where it spots the pin. Just make sure the unit tilts over near the cup.

Have you got a source for this? I can’t find this information anywhere.

Thanks
    xreyuk wrote:

matchavez wrote:

Have you got a source for this? I can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks

It isn't a feature that works well. That's why.

• hack2489hack2489 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    edited Dec 1, 2017 #2000
    Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but there is a new one being developed here in Australia called "Beagle Golf"

https://www.beagle.golf/

EDIT : PS: I'm not affiliated with the developer, company or otherwise involved.
  • SmilesySmilesy Members Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bring back an old post but I thought this question probably fit best here.

Is Game Golf on their last legs? GG Pro still hasn't come out, it's over 6 months late, and there don't seem to be any site updates. They have also gone dark on social media which all leads me to think they will close their doors soon. Anyone herd anything?
  • Ryan5508Ryan5508 Members Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro unit is on the website and they sent out emails

Ping G410 Plus - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70TX
    Callaway Epic SZ 3 wood - Aldila Rip Alpha
    Callaway Apex 2019 3h - Project X Catalyst
    Ping i210 - Pw-3 X100
    Ping Glide - 50/56/60
    Taylormade - Spider X slant neck

• g-offg-off Members Posts: 357 ✭✭✭✭
    and already threads starting about problems with pro and live, not impressed with their customer service people either
    epic flash driver

steelhead xr heavenwood

steelhead xr 9 wood

edel sls 01 5,7,9,gap

hogan tk 58

putter rotates daily

always hoing the next best thing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file