For Tiger Woods Fans

egr2teup

Been a Jason Day fan from his Nationwide tour days. Same with Chappel.

DJ is my favorite though and not because he's #1, since he got on tour. The dude has had his heart ripped out on a lot of occasions and is a bit if a redemption story. Sure he has his problems but so does John Daly and everybody loves big John

The big difference being J Daly isn't an incredible D Bag

Hang on I think you've got it mixed up here.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me at least, swing is really important when picking a favourite player. Tiger was the man for sure in all variations of his swing.

I'm thinking Rory will do just fine - nice swing, and lots of power and aggressiveness.

Taylormade M3 10.5 /HZRDS 6.5X
Titleist 913fd 15
Taylormade GAPR Mid 3
Titleist 716MB 7-PW
Titleist 716CB 4-6

Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Tel3 Newport

Bridgestone Tour B X

DJ is my favorite though and not because he's #1, since he got on tour. The dude has had his heart ripped out on a lot of occasions and is a bit if a redemption story. Sure he has his problems but so does John Daly and everybody loves big John

Nope - I've got it exactly right.

Who wouldn't want to sit down w Everyman JD and throw a few back and listen to some stories. He loves to get hammered, but a D bag he is not. Quite friendly and genuine

DJ walks, talks and acts like a grade A D Bag

Who wouldn't want to sit down w Everyman JD and throw a few back and listen to some stories. He loves to get hammered, but a D bag he is not. Quite friendly and genuine

I've no idea if I want to​ have a few pops with anyone I don't know, JD, DJ, BJ (well, maybe BJ), whomever.

I've also never seen any consistent dbag walk...not sure what that is.

I can't really say that I'm a DJ fan. Actually in this thread I've identified myself as a future fanboy of Rickie and a fan of Rory. That being said, I'm curious, will you provide some examples of DJ being a Dbag? Seems like he walks up to his golf ball and hits it. Not sure where the dbag fits in with him.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

No one right now. I like a lot of players - the typical top guys - but I want another one to come along who loves to compete and thrives on beating the competition into the ground.

To me - too many players are too friendly and buddy-buddy on the course. I don't want to watch a bunch of friends playing competitively against each other for millions I want to see the Michael Jordan of golf come along now that Tiger's not that guy any more. I want to see someone get pissed when he messes up and fist pump when he drains a 30 footer. I want to see someone whose sole reason for playing on the weekend is to destroy everyone.

I know they ALL play to win but I want a fierce competitor to come along again, not a well-mannered, quiet, hold-your-emotions, gentleman.

I never made this connection until now. Yes if you are a 23 Year old bro, you might enjoy the fraternity of Ricky, spieth, thomas, etc. broooing out..

But I agree, someone with that competitive drive, is really what I want to watch. The jordans, the lebrons, the tigers... their sole purpose was to win championships, to out play you at the sport, and look to destroy you... no buddy buddy with those guys and their competitors!

Closest I have seen, honestly is Rahm. No he does not have tiger talent... but damn I love seeing him pissed off with top 5s every week... he has the drive

On another note, I am fans of multiple pros... but for different reasons:

Fowler: the most athletic Swing on tour IMO. Can't wait to see him win his first major.

DJ: simply the most talented player on tour. No frills, no complex formulas, just incredible clubhead speed, the best face-to-path on tour, and there is not a weakness to his game.

Spieth: I don't like watching him play.... the 3 minute deliberations over club selection, then have to whip the club... then the 8 alignment checks before the swing... drives me nuts. But he will have the most majors on tour over the next 10 years.

Louis Ooost: just the smoothest tempo on tour, could watch that all day.

Oh and Tiger: I probably watched every shot this year, but was still overly cautious after his first tourney in the Bahamas. But really no replacement

No one right now. I like a lot of players - the typical top guys - but I want another one to come along who loves to compete and thrives on beating the competition into the ground.

To me - too many players are too friendly and buddy-buddy on the course. I don't want to watch a bunch of friends playing competitively against each other for millions I want to see the Michael Jordan of golf come along now that Tiger's not that guy any more. I want to see someone get pissed when he messes up and fist pump when he drains a 30 footer. I want to see someone whose sole reason for playing on the weekend is to destroy everyone.

I know they ALL play to win but I want a fierce competitor to come along again, not a well-mannered, quiet, hold-your-emotions, gentleman.

I couldn't agree more. This is the reason I have become a big fan of Patrick Reed.

Tiger has always been and always will be my guy but over the years other players have grown on me. I've grown the really like Phil. DJ, Rory, rickie. Day and Kevin Chappell round out my list after tiger. Phil is still ballin in his 40's and KC and rickie have the major potential. Day, Rory and DJ can be as great as they want to be so it's fun to watch for me when those guys are in the field.

With Tiger out of the mix I have zero interest in watching PGA golf on Television. I almost get back into it when Jordan Speith got hot but since he sputtered I haven't paid any attention. Actually just cam on this website to see who won today........didn't watch a single minute of this week's tournament.

I did turn on the TV this afternoon just in time to watch Lexi Thompson choke on 18. I found that entertaining.

I can't really say that I'm a DJ fan. Actually in this thread I've identified myself as a future fanboy of Rickie and a fan of Rory. That being said, I'm curious, will you provide some examples of DJ being a Dbag? Seems like he walks up to his golf ball and hits it. Not sure where the dbag fits in with him.

I just can't understand anyone thinking he's a dbag. I've never heard him say a bad word. Even last year when the USGA tried to screw him out of his first major win he was remarkably diplomatic about it. So many golfers would have had a meltdown about that. He's just a chilled out guy who enjoys his life.

Rory, Sergio, Rickie, Paul Casey, oosthuizen.

If you haven't guessed, I'm short.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Tiger was my favorite player I still feel there was a conspiracy against him to surpass Jack's major wins record.

I seen him demolish the field 15 years ago with shot making and combination of long game and short game unparalleled

Then sudden golf manufactors started creating drivers with light weight shaft and larger heads, changed the ball so the new players can keep up with Tiger's long game

If the equipment was the same there is no doubt in my mind thatTiger would have beaten Jack's record.

He was a superior ball striker and short game player with old equipment