Switched from Pov's to Pinnacle Soft!

Chowdah86

thanks, tanner! i tried a bunch of yellow balls, including srixon. but didnt like the performance/color/intangibles in my mind, lol...the cs yellow was the color, and i thought the performance was what i was looking for, as i could still launch a ball 250+ (gps) but i injured my right shoulder so bad i couldnt golf til tiger won, and it took several months before i could even fish! the injury was in feb...could barely lift arm to shoulder height. real bummer. so now that i can play (senior tees only) ive lost 50 of those 250yds, which sucks. (if i even play the whites i start swinging too hard and the shoulder feels like a knife is stabbing it...very painful...) i'll hit what looks like a real nice drive, and it's only gone 190-200. but at least i'm playing this amazing game, every day, since i retired, which is amazing as well! so...i need a ball that's long off the tee, gives me some roll out off the tee, feels incredible off every club, etc...and it's pinn soft...and i love chipping with it, and it is the best putting ball for me....played the front with it and shot 39 today. switched to cs (and i was hoping for good things, with those 5doz sitting in the closet) and i just didnt have the oomph to really get it out there, leaving me with longer approaches, etc, and shot 42 on the back. i could really see the difference. but at least i'm playing, lol.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, tanner! i tried a bunch of yellow balls, including srixon. but didnt like the performance/color/intangibles in my mind, lol...the cs yellow was the color, and i thought the performance was what i was looking for, as i could still launch a ball 250+ (gps) but i injured my right shoulder so bad i couldnt golf til tiger won, and it took several months before i could even fish! the injury was in feb...could barely lift arm to shoulder height. real bummer. so now that i can play (senior tees only) ive lost 50 of those 250yds, which sucks. (if i even play the whites i start swinging too hard and the shoulder feels like a knife is stabbing it...very painful...) i'll hit what looks like a real nice drive, and it's only gone 190-200. but at least i'm playing this amazing game, every day, since i retired, which is amazing as well! so...i need a ball that's long off the tee, gives me some roll out off the tee, feels incredible off every club, etc...and it's pinn soft...and i love chipping with it, and it is the best putting ball for me....played the front with it and shot 39 today. switched to cs (and i was hoping for good things, with those 5doz sitting in the closet) and i just didnt have the oomph to really get it out there, leaving me with longer approaches, etc, and shot 42 on the back. i could really see the difference. but at least i'm playing, lol.

Just plain bill, Good to hear you are out there and enjoying the game. I've had a frozen shoulder and feel your pain. Glad the Pinn Soft works for you. They are a low cost as well, which is a bonus. Hit 'em well!

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you are finally realizing, Pinnacle balls are pretty decent balls. Just remember who makes them, I can`t imagine they would put out a completely crappy ball.

http://mediacenter.titleist.com/latest-news/pinnacle-introduces-new-rush-and-soft-golf-balls-for-powerful-distance--incredibly-soft-feel/s/e52eaa75-c8f8-4086-860f-a458baf4c538

The longer one could hit the golf ball the more difference will show between the classes of the golf ball.

160 yards 6 iron will show less variance in ball flight / direction than a 200 yards 6 iron play.

But you're right, the golf balls these days had improved from the lower spectrum of the class while there are not as much innovation on the top of the spectrum. Conforming rules, you know....... not that the technology could not make a better premium golf balls.

More manufacturers/brands competing in the market also helped to lower the average price for the golf balls. If one figured in the inflation rates over the last 3 decades, the ProVs are priced light the Topflite comparing to what we paid for the golf balls 30 years ago.

So Big5 is going to have the Bridgestone Extra Soft for $12 on Friday. Buy 3 and take tour $10 coupon and viola - $8.66 a dozen . Just spreading the word!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Pink letter PS for $10 @ pgass

Shoot I will do that for the price--- The Pink lettering does not bother me one bit--- I have been known to play the Lady Bridgestone ball for vintage golf too. Got some Bstone ES in yellow the other day for free. Seems a couple of buds of mine got a sleeve free for playing a course here. They did not like them so I ended up with them. They hit good and spun good for me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I found one once and tried it, very disappointing for me. Not long and no bite on approaches. I honestly find that at my 100mph driver ss I hit premium balls as far or further than cheapys.

pinn soft might not be the ball for you, then. for the rest of us mere mortals, it's awesome! much longer than chrome soft, by a long shot. and i've got about 6doz CS i'd love to unload...

I found one once and tried it, very disappointing for me. Not long and no bite on approaches. I honestly find that at my 100mph driver ss I hit premium balls as far or further than cheapys.

pinn soft might not be the ball for you, then. for the rest of us mere mortals, it's awesome! much longer than chrome soft, by a long shot. and i've got about 6doz CS i'd love to unload...

Mine was a found ball and might have been an older model so may have been sitting in the creek for a while. I would have to get a sleeve of new balls to do a proper comparison.

the thing i like about pinn soft is the core is soft, and the cover is formulated to be as soft as possible as well. obviously it's not urethane, and won't have near the spin. but i've never really been a great spinner anyway...i think i've spun back only a coupla times in all these years...it's not a rock, by any means...it has just the right amount of firmness, but you can feel it compress when you catch it just right with the driver. really amazing feeling.

i certainly can afford pro v's, or any other ball. bought 8 or 10 boxes of chrome soft when they were on sale for $31 last year...i'm interested in performance for my lousy swing. PS works for me.

“It’s the Indian....Not the Arrow”

Ah, yes, the good ol' oversimplification, lol....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

well name your price - I am sure if the price is right there would be plenty of interest.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

75 today! what a ball!

It's great that you love the ball and it is fun to love one brand. I love the QST. But, I think you would have shot a 75 with a Soft Feel or SuperSoft. It's you making the strokes! Now, a urethane ball would be a different scenario. But, most two piece soft balls are similar. I doubt the score would change much between these balls.

75 today! what a ball!

It's great that you love the ball and it is fun to love one brand. I love the QST. But, I think you would have shot a 75 with a Soft Feel or SuperSoft. It's you making the strokes! Now, a urethane ball would be a different scenario. But, most two piece soft balls are similar. I doubt the score would change much between these balls.

It's the difference in performance. it is like I do not have the same chemistry as you do with your woman. Between PS and Bill, it is heavenly match. Can't touch it. Can't break it.