Tensei Pro white vs Diamana df shaft

odshot68

Can anyone give me a good comparison of these two shafts.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Wedges ???

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

How does the 60tx pro white compare to df x stiff (not tx). Assuming no tipping on both.

Wedges ???

TaylorMade TP5

He just told you the differences.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

I was trying to compare the X of one versus the TX flex of another. Just curious how much stiffer a TX plays over an X?

Wedges ???

TaylorMade TP5

I was trying to compare the X of one versus the TX flex of another. Just curious how much stiffer a TX plays over an X?

It is my understanding the TX flex is not stiffer than the regular X flex it just has lower torque so it will be more stable.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I've heard tipping .5" makes an X feel similar to a TX

That's not in stone though, so don't go putting me on blast.

They have different tip stiffness and slightly different overall EI profiles. If you want a TX, buy the TX.

Profile compared to the W , even stiffer butt sectio the df

Was the W considered a flop , I’m not sure if anyone used it on tour

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

They have different tip stiffness and slightly different overall EI profiles. If you want a TX, buy the TX.

Question Toll Bro

So i have had PO and PW shafts - Like the PO feel , PW is prob the best peforming but @ times, feels a little loose in the handle . My fav. Shaft is what I have in my 3 wood , not quite sure what it is exactly , a D+ 90TX (never listed on MRC site so I’m totally sure what the specs are ) but I love the profile of that shaft

IYO - what’s the closest in the diamana family to that

W , DF , another D+???, Pro Orange 70TX to the D+90TX

Thanks for any input

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Question Toll Bro

So i have had PO and PW shafts - Like the PO feel , PW is prob the best peforming but @ times, feels a little loose in the handle . My fav. Shaft is what I have in my 3 wood , not quite sure what it is exactly , a D+ 90TX (never listed on MRC site so I’m totally sure what the specs are ) but I love the profile of that shaft

Thanks for any input

Basically impossible to not sound like Caption Obvious here so I apologize, but...

The closest thing to a D+ 90TX would, of course, be another D+TX in 70 or 80. I mean is not close to, it IS the same, just different weight.

At first i was thinking you were asking what plays the closest OTHER than the D+, but you included that as well.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

Question Toll Bro

Thanks for any input

Basically impossible to not sound like Caption Obvious here so I apologize, but...

The closest thing to a D+ 90TX would, of course, be another D+TX in 70 or 80. I mean is not close to, it IS the same, just different weight.

At first i was thinking you were asking what plays the closest OTHER than the D+, but you included that as well.

Dear Capt. Obvious, agreed 100% however my quandary lies with Availablity of said D+ 70TX , plenty of D+ 70x and 80x , but no TX . THus the question of what would be close to that profile.

Question - where can one get a D+ TX ???? I have scoured the Bay , Tolls Bro’s sell them???

Thanks

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Question Toll Bro

So i have had PO and PW shafts - Like the PO feel , PW is prob the best peforming but @ times, feels a little loose in the handle . My fav. Shaft is what I have in my 3 wood , not quite sure what it is exactly , a D+ 90TX (never listed on MRC site so I'm totally sure what the specs are ) but I love the profile of that shaft

IYO - what's the closest in the diamana family to that

Thanks for any input

Dear Capt. Obvious, agreed 100% however my quandary lies with Availablity of said D+ 70TX , plenty of D+ 70x and 80x , but no TX . THus the question of what would be close to that profile.

Question - where can one get a D+ TX ???? I have scoured the Bay , Tolls Bro's sell them???

Thanks

well, depending on the generation - they're incredibly hard to come by; and you could basically forget about "new/uncut".

i'll let you know in a bit of i have a DF 70TX tipped 1" coming to market - i have a few protos in route.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

How does the 60tx pro white compare to df x stiff (not tx). Assuming no tipping on both.

Since this is a golf forum I’ll answer his question instead of being a jerk to him. I had both these shafts in those flexes. The df in the x wasn’t too far off from the pw in the tx. I would say half a flex or less. Mostly noticeable torque wise. Both seemed very tip stiff. More kick out of the df up top where the pw felt more linear throughout.

G400 Lst 8.5, Tour AD TP 6X, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 Tour Ad TP 6X, Aldila Rogue 125 msi 60X
Tour Edge CBX 3 woods, Atmos Blue TS 7X, Kai'li 70X, Diamana BF70X
Tour Edge CBX 5 woods, Kai'li 80X, Diamana BF70X
718 Ap2's, Project X LZ 6.5 ssx1
Vokey SM6 wedges w/ s400
Odyssey #7 putter.
1 bad a** yamaha drive golf cart on 14's.

Since this is a golf forum I’ll answer his question instead of being a jerk to him. I had both these shafts in those flexes. The df in the x wasn’t too far off from the pw in the tx. I would say half a flex or less. Mostly noticeable torque wise. Both seemed very tip stiff. More kick out of the df up top where the pw felt more linear throughout.

Wow, I would have thought differently , as the DF is supposed to be more Stiff and the handle

Thanks for the feedback

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Question Toll Bro

Thanks for any input

Question - where can one get a D+ TX ???? I have scoured the Bay , Tolls Bro’s sell them???

Thanks

I knew there had to be other info that was missing but ya never know. I didn’t assume the d+ In TX was such a rarity to find.

Piretti Savona 

Good stuff.

Was just fitted for the Pro White in 70 TX in a 3 wood. Also, fitted for 90 TX in the hybrid. By the end of the hybrid fitting, I was too tired and sore to go back to driver and try it in the driver. Assuming the shaft just works well for me, I am thinking of getting a Pro White 60 TX for the driver, but this new DF is also intriguing. I'm pretty sure for me it would be splitting hairs performance-wise so these descriptions of the feel are really helpful.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

• 4 months later...

Wow, I would have thought differently , as the DF is supposed to be more Stiff and the handle

Thanks for the feedback

I just came across this thread and was intrigued. The Df ended up winning out for me

I am currently testing the DF 60tx. I usually play driver shaft in the low 70 gram range but the DF 60tx is 69 grams to close enough. I have Tensei pro white 90tx in my hybrid and really like it. Have only got to hit a few balls with Tensei PW 70tx in driver but it felt good and was very accurate. The DF I am not sure about yet. Thought I would like it but am just not as consistent with it. My advice, if you like the whiteboard feel ( softer handle stiffer tip) then stick with that profile and get Tensei PW. If you struggle with spin I would definitely recommend Aldila ATX green graphene proto , very low spin but same whiteboard type profile.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

KevCannon said:
I am currently testing the DF 60tx. I usually play driver shaft in the low 70 gram range but the DF 60tx is 69 grams to close enough. I have Tensei pro white 90tx in my hybrid and really like it. Have only got to hit a few balls with Tensei PW 70tx in driver but it felt good and was very accurate. The DF I am not sure about yet. Thought I would like it but am just not as consistent with it. My advice, if you like the whiteboard feel ( softer handle stiffer tip) then stick with that profile and get Tensei PW. If you struggle with spin I would definitely recommend Aldila ATX green graphene proto , very low spin but same whiteboard type profile.
Thanks for this info!

I was intrigued by the DF line for driver as well. The ATX green sounds better...

BearQ said:
KevCannon said:
Thanks for this info!

I was intrigued by the DF line for driver as well. The ATX green sounds better...

I seem to get along with it better. With M3 i had to move weights to that back though to gain carry distance due to the very low spin. Great shaft.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero