MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Shafts! Read What Members Are Saying!

4th round today with the Tensei Raw Orange 65TX and I still am loving it. Played a much longer course (7159) this week and was able to hit driver 9 times with fantastic results. Had 4 GPS measured 300+ yard drives with the longest being 332 yards setting up an iron into a 550 yard par 5. Fairways hit was 8/9 with the only miss being slightly left from a pull.

The best attribute of this shaft is the straightness I get out of it. I thought it would be a tough challenge getting the IZ 6X out of my driver but it's no doubt the Tensei Raw Orange is the better shaft for my swing.

The Tensei Raw Blue 75TX should be here to try in the 3 wood on Tuesday,; I plan to review that as well. If it is 1/2 as good as the Raw Orange in my driver, I will be very happy.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

Tensei AV Raw White 65S came in so I got her tipped & gripped for this weekends round. Will report back and confirm my findings vs my Tensei Pro White 60S. Playing a TS2 9.5* driver at A1 setting

9d27bcba-8b66-4bbe-b8b5-4a6ab1fbbde5.jpeg

6d745a65-9ee6-434e-9421-3ab9115e5d71.jpeg

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Just got the Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S today and put a G410 adapter and Golfpride grip on it. I butt trimmed it to match my Tour AD DI - 44.5” and will hopefully get a range session in before league play next week.

Interested to see how it compares. When I got the 410 it had the stock Tensi orange but I understand this is a completely different profile.

Edit - Went to the range today and tried the shaft. After warming up through the bag I started hitting driver with my current Tour AD-DI 6S shaft. I've been playing with it since they were released and I really like the shaft. After hitting a dozen or so with it I switched to the Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S and my first impression is that it is a quality shaft. My natural shot is a slight fade or straight. I have no idea if it is the shaft, but my first couple of drives were straight or a slight draw. That used to be my shot 20+ years ago but as I got older it went away (along with many other things.)

I tried to hit the simulator at a local golf store that a buddy works at but it was too busy today so I'll try next week to get some numbers to compare. My overall first impression is very favorable.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I'm also coming from the DI as well in the G410 so it will be interesting to see how the blue and the white stack up to the popular DI

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

How did the tip feel, with the IZ being Firm+ and the Orange I believe being a bit stiffer?

Ping G410+ 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x

Taylormade Sim Max 15* - Accra TZ6 M4 75 

Titleist TS2 20* - Accra TZ6 M4 85

Taylormade P760 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0

Vokey SM8 - 50* 54* 58*

Taylormade Spider X - 34.75"

Bridgestone Tour B X.

I would say they are in the same ballpark, with the Raw Orange being slightly stiffer. The biggest difference of feel between the two shafts is that the IZ has more of a linear load.

LAB DF3

Got to take our the AV White 65S with my TS2 9.5* yesterday on the course. Played 9 holes with my gamer Tensei Pro White 60 Stiff and the other 9 with the AV Raw White. The AV definitely feels a lot "tighter" in the handle section of the club compared to the Pro White. My tendency is to hit a straight to slight draw with the driver and the AV produced a straight and slight fade flight compared to the Pro White. Pro White I feel, feels a little better to me in the handle section as I can really load the shaft with my driver but consistency wise the AV may have won that battle. Im going to get on a simulator this week and get raw numbers to compare but so far AV White is promising!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Got the Raw Blue 75TX for the 3 wood to match the Raw Orange in the driver.  Too early to give a full review on the Raw Blue in the 3 wood but I will say my first shot on the course with it was off the deck from 260 that reached the green.  The same straightness I saw in the Raw Orange seems to be in the Raw Blue as well.

LAB DF3

Played three rounds with the Raw Blue 60S and its a good shaft - no doubt about it. I wanted to take it to a local store with a simulator but my buddy who worked there doesn't anymore and so I'm having to work some different angles to get in.

I'm not sure its a better fit for my swing than my Tour AD DI but I want to play several more rounds with it. The three rounds I've played with it are 5 yards shorter than the Tour AD according to ShotScope but I need more hits for that number to mean anything.  I am hitting the club as straight as the Tour AD and to be honest its hard to tell a difference in the feel. Its very likely I'm not that good of a golfer to tell the difference between equally high quality shafts. 

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

A couple of additional rounds in with the Blue during the time the site update was taking place.  In summary, it has earned a spot in the bag for the balance of 2020 over the Ventus black, KKXD and Smoke Green.  I have had a ton of success over the past 14 months with an M6 FW with Pro Blue, that is what intrigued me on this shaft.  Dispersion has been really good.  No real foul balls unless I just make an awful swing that no shaft could save or help.  Distance has been good.  I would say overall the longest of the shafts I have tested for this reason.  Anywhere between 1/3 times per round, I find one that is 10-20 yards further down the hole than I expect it to be.  No explanation for it, but has been consistent enough pattern to say it happens every round.  I also have found that the miss hits do not lose as much distance.  Maybe added launch and not as low spin but for me this is the perfect blend in a shaft.  

Appreciate the opportunity and will probably be a BST add coming soon for others... haha

Cheers!

DV 

I'm in the same boat as a lot of the other testers. The Raw White has earned a spot in my bag.

I used it last weekend in an Interclub type of event with a Ryder Cup format, so match play and pretty much the most pressure I'll face on a golf course, and I hit the driver great, and helped me get 2 points for my team.

I like this shaft so much I'm exploring either another Raw White or Raw Blue in 75TX for the 3 wood

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Got another two rounds in with the Tensi and without having hard data from a LM all I can go by is feel and performance. I have lost yardage according to ShotScope, but the accuracy is pretty much the same. I'll give it a couple more rounds but I don't think its an improvement over the Graphite Design Tour AD DI that I currently use - and that is referring to me only. I'm an older 6 handicap who averages 256 with driver.

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

8th round with the Raw Orange in the driver and 3rd with the Raw Blue in the 3 wood today.  Shot my low 9 holes of the year with a 31 on my last 9 holes today and a -4 for the 18 and a lot of it has to do with the driver.  I was -4 on the par 5s with a birdie on all of them and was on in 2 on three of the four.  I can't say enough great things about the Raw Orange for a driver shaft; it's pinpoint accurate, smooth, predictable and easy to feel through the entire swing.  I hit some great shots with the Raw Blue in the 3 wood, but still need some more time with it to convince me that it is better than the IZ 7X for me.

LAB DF3

17 minutes ago, burns9304 said:

8th round with the Raw Orange in the driver and 3rd with the Raw Blue in the 3 wood today.  Shot my low 9 holes of the year with a 31 on my last 9 holes today and a -4 for the 18 and a lot of it has to do with the driver.  I was -4 on the par 5s with a birdie on all of them and was on in 2 on three of the four.  I can't say enough great things about the Raw Orange for a driver shaft; it's pinpoint accurate, smooth, predictable and easy to feel through the entire swing.  I hit some great shots with the Raw Blue in the 3 wood, but still need some more time with it to convince me that it is better than the IZ 7X for me.

Good playing! Rory just joined you and put a Raw Orange in the bag.

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Shot -2 (69) yesterday and drove it solid again. I hit a couple weird ones trying to swing out of my shoes, but as long as I stay in my usual rhythm, I hit it solid and straight. 

I'm selling the AD-DI that I was using previously if that gives you any indication of how well the shaft is working for me

• Like 1

Srixon Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

Played another half round with the Orange. After 7-8 holes I swapped the Tour AD back in as it definitely was shorter. I play with the same group of guys a couple of times a week and maybe once or twice a week they will hit driver as far as me (I'm not long at 260+ - they're short) but I was behind them almost every drive. Put the AD back in and the universe was in balance again. I'm guessing a lot of it is mental, but I'm not going to fight it. 

• Like 1

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mrekalic said:

Can someone please comment on which model Tensei AV Raw is most similar to Ventus Blue?

thanks!

AV Raw Blue is the closest. 

• Thanks 1

LAB DF3

Now up to 15 rounds in with the AV Raw Orange in the driver and 7 rounds in with the Blue in the 3 wood.  The Orange is still amazing and a perfect fit for my swing.  I've hit a lot of great shots with the Blue in the 3 wood as well, but not as comfortable with it as I am the Orange in the driver.  Handicap is down to another all time low for me to +3.6 and shot a -5 (74.5/137 course) a few weeks ago for my low round of the year.  These shafts just plain work.

• Like 3

LAB DF3

2 hours ago, mrekalic said:

Can someone please comment on which model Tensei AV Raw is most similar to Ventus Blue?

thanks!

it might be the White. I find the Ventus Blue with velocore to be tighter than any blue profile from MRC

• Thanks 1

Srixon Z Star Diamond

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2020 at 5:51 PM, burns9304 said:

4th round today with the Tensei Raw Orange 65TX and I still am loving it. Played a much longer course (7159) this week and was able to hit driver 9 times with fantastic results. Had 4 GPS measured 300+ yard drives with the longest being 332 yards setting up an iron into a 550 yard par 5. Fairways hit was 8/9 with the only miss being slightly left from a pull.

The best attribute of this shaft is the straightness I get out of it. I thought it would be a tough challenge getting the IZ 6X out of my driver but it's no doubt the Tensei Raw Orange is the better shaft for my swing.

The Tensei Raw Blue 75TX should be here to try in the 3 wood on Tuesday,; I plan to review that as well. If it is 1/2 as good as the Raw Orange in my driver, I will be very happy.

I'm  very interested in your thoughts on launch angle.  I have a 410 lst at 10.5, and I really struggle getting a launch above 10 with my aldila xtorsion tx 70.  SS is currently 107 to 110, but I haven't swung much in 3 months so should be able to get back to 113.

I'm a moderate tempo player, do you think the orange would help increase launch or have other recommendations?

Thanks 

I just bought an AV Raw White 2.0 and I CANNOT WAIT to get this thing in play!

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

On 9/26/2020 at 5:24 PM, burns9304 said:

Now up to 15 rounds in with the AV Raw Orange in the driver and 7 rounds in with the Blue in the 3 wood.  The Orange is still amazing and a perfect fit for my swing.  I've hit a lot of great shots with the Blue in the 3 wood as well, but not as comfortable with it as I am the Orange in the driver.  Handicap is down to another all time low for me to +3.6 and shot a -5 (74.5/137 course) a few weeks ago for my low round of the year.  These shafts just plain work.

Great job on the review of this shaft. I am also a iZ 6x player in a sim 9deg. I play it at 7.5 to keep the launch down and open the face a bit. Ss 112. I stumbled across the iZ this spring and as far as strike I have never had a better driver, it’s in the dead center 95% of the time it’s bizarre, So I am VERY happy with it I get great numbers with it but it launches a bit high in the SIM. I am curious how you feel the orange launches in comparison to the iZ? Also have you ever played the white?

On 11/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, Nick_E said:

I'm  very interested in your thoughts on launch angle.  I have a 410 lst at 10.5, and I really struggle getting a launch above 10 with my aldila xtorsion tx 70.  SS is currently 107 to 110, but I haven't swung much in 3 months so should be able to get back to 113.

I'm a moderate tempo player, do you think the orange would help increase launch or have other recommendations?

Thanks 

I don't think the Raw Orange will help increase launch; I launch it lower than what I came from.  If you want to launch it higher I would look at a Graphite Design IZ or find a shaft that helps you increase your attack angle

• Like 1

LAB DF3

On 11/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, LIGHT THE CANDLE said:

Great job on the review of this shaft. I am also a iZ 6x player in a sim 9deg. I play it at 7.5 to keep the launch down and open the face a bit. Ss 112. I stumbled across the iZ this spring and as far as strike I have never had a better driver, it’s in the dead center 95% of the time it’s bizarre, So I am VERY happy with it I get great numbers with it but it launches a bit high in the SIM. I am curious how you feel the orange launches in comparison to the iZ? Also have you ever played the white?

I played the IZ in my driver at -1* in loft and the Raw Orange at standard loft.  If you are looking to take the launch and spin down from the IZ the Orange is worth a shot.  If you don't want to lower your spin I would stick with the IZ over the Orange.  I've played a few Mitsi White profiles before, but I tend to favor a stiffer handle profile than the white line offers.  The Raw Orange loads differently than the normal white profile in my hands.

• Like 1

LAB DF3

7 hours ago, burns9304 said:

I don't think the Raw Orange will help increase launch; I launch it lower than what I came from.  If you want to launch it higher I would look at a Graphite Design IZ or find a shaft that helps you increase your attack angle

Thanks for the information, I am looking at IZ as an option

Never knew if I heard exactly but is the AV raw blue the same shaft as the AV blue?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Wedges ???

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag