Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey wanted to ask others stone lover. I really live my j15 cb. The head shape, topline, the sound, feedback and even the forgiveness i got from it. I even went play a game on a simulator yesterday because i miss striking the ball with them and the winter just started.

Basically, i think those irons are great. But i just made a research on google taping " j15 cb review" and all the feedback you can read are almost neutral. Some sites gives them a silver metal.

I just cant understand why. Theres is no 360 face cup, or thingsten hidden, or rzn cavity. These are just a simple well made golf cavity design that actually works!

The stone are unaivable here in canada so i had to count on what i read on this forum. And man, im glad i did.

Love my stones.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

C-rad what shafts do you have in them?

I test drove some with the modus 120s and really liked them. Surprisingly they flighted lower than my ap2 with dgti. About 10 yards longer due to the lower ball flight.

Not sure I can justify purchasing them because I like my ap2s but really liked the stones. I'd say forgiveness was close between the ap2s and the cbs

[quote name='C-rad' timestamp='1450790943' post='12750974']
Hey wanted to ask others stone lover. I really live my j15 cb. The head shape, topline, the sound, feedback and even the forgiveness i got from it. I even went play a game on a simulator yesterday because i miss striking the ball with them and the winter just started.

Basically, i think those irons are great. But i just made a research on google taping " j15 cb review" and all the feedback you can read are almost neutral. Some sites gives them a silver metal.

I just cant understand why. Theres is no 360 face cup, or thingsten hidden, or rzn cavity. These are just a simple well made golf cavity design that actually works!

The stone are unaivable here in canada so i had to count on what i read on this forum. And man, im glad i did.

Love my stones.
[/quote]

Most of those types of reviews are in Magazines who's biggest sponsors are the OEM's that spend the most on advertising in the said magazines. Take from those types of reviews as you will.

[quote name='jonflesh' timestamp='1450802649' post='12751776']C-rad what shafts do you have in them?

I test drove some with the modus 120s and really liked them. Surprisingly they flighted lower than my ap2 with dgti. About 10 yards longer due to the lower ball flight.

Not sure I can justify purchasing them because I like my ap2s but really liked the stones. I'd say forgiveness was close between the ap2s and the cbs[/quote]i have dg pro s300. Wasnt sure at the beginnig that these shaft were the best for my swing. So i went to a club fitter, hit 10 balls for him to say that if we were doing a iron fitting with him, he would be really happy to get me to those numbers. My spin is a bit low but i mostly play in a very windy course.

Is it the 714 ap2?

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

Yeah, 714.

That's cool you got to hit them with a fitter. No one has those clubs in my area and I'm lefty to boot so it's extra hard to find them. The test drive is cool, got to try the modus and c taper lites. Maybe I will give the dg pro a try. Really liked the modus. I go back and forth daily about whether to buy them or keep the ap2s

[quote name='jonflesh' timestamp='1450811421' post='12752428']Yeah, 714.

That's cool you got to hit them with a fitter. No one has those clubs in my area and I'm lefty to boot so it's extra hard to find them. The test drive is cool, got to try the modus and c taper lites. Maybe I will give the dg pro a try. Really liked the modus. I go back and forth daily about whether to buy them or keep the ap2s[/quote]no one carry the stones in the north. I bought them on ebay, and then i went to a fitter with the set. The shaft gave good numbers and he weaken almost every iron to have a consistent 4 degree gap between every iron. And it gave a bit more height.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

[quote name='howler2' timestamp='1450819070' post='12752878']The beginning of this year, Golf Town had them on the website for a brief stint and then they were gone and never seen them again. Not sure what happened there.[/quote] i would like to know as well.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

[color=#282828]Used to have Mizuno MP64 (almost blades), cut 2" off each shaft, played it for 2 years and never got used to it, it is only now with these set of J15MB that I knew I had cut the shafts down too much, couldn't feel the club head at all.[/color]

[color=#282828]In the couple of months after I ditched MP64, I tried a few cavity backs, Callaway, Titleist, Taylormade, they all felt a bit off in terms of working the ball. I see and try to curve shots into the green, with the cavity clubs, the shot shapes were either straight or curve way too much. [/color]

[color=#282828]One day I saw $1 reserve auction on a set of J15MB, at first look they got my attention straight away, just how simple it looked got me hooked on to it. I done some more and more research online. (Couldn't find any demos to try in my city), eventually took a gamble and won the auction. [/color]

[color=#282828]A week later, upon receiving the clubs, the looks did not disappoint. Took it for a practice round, first thing I found that is how easy it is to strike in the centre, and no loss of distance from previous MP64 model. Second thing was that it is so easy to curve the shots how I want, for example, if I want to draw, the ball will only draw, just matter of how much. With the new gained trust in the clubs, I started to hit 4 Iron (I was always too afraid to hit anything higher than 7 Iron), and I had no problem hitting these too. Only thing I am not used to at the moment is that anything slightly thin and the right hand fingers get a "shock".[/color]

[color="#282828"]Now I fully understand why most pros and scratch players use blades, because the the workability that the blades can offer.[/color]

[color=#282828]I'm on a 9.5 index when I got these irons, I imagine in the next few months, handicap will drop by at least 1 shot per round, especially with club champs coming up in 1 month time.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

On a serious note, I have been following and have been a part of this, and the srixon thread since the beginning........thanks to some trading around and good deals with some great members, I have had the BS CB's with two diff. shafts......The BS blades......The 745's with two diff. shafts, and have hit the 945's......They were all great, but it's funny how things work......I recently bought a set of mint cobra S3 pro's for less than 200.00 with my beloved PX 6.0's, and for me they are the best of the bunch.....I am happy as a lark......Too bad it is 22 degrees outside......I don't say this to bash the BS or Srixon. Just saying that there is a lot of great stuff out there and the newest stuff isn't always the best for everyone.

On a serious note, I have been following and have been a part of this, and the srixon thread since the beginning........thanks to some trading around and good deals with some great members, I have had the BS CB's with two diff. shafts......The BS blades......The 745's with two diff. shafts, and have hit the 945's......They were all great, but it's funny how things work......I recently bought a set of mint cobra S3 pro's for less than 200.00 with my beloved PX 6.0's, and for me they are the best of the bunch.....I am happy as a lark......Too bad it is 22 degrees outside......I don't say this to bash the BS or Srixon. Just saying that there is a lot of great stuff out there and the newest stuff isn't always the best for everyone.

Β 

I've had them all as well. Great sticks. Now on to my new Cobras :)

Titleist TSR3 10* Diamana GT 60
Titleist TSR3 15* Diamana GT 70
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Srixon ZX7 MKII DG Mid 115 S300
Mizuno T24 Raw 50.54,58 DGTI S400
Bettinardi SS28 Tour

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

^enjoy those fourteen wedges jay. I regret selling my rm12's.

Β 

Β 

745/945 firmly in the bag

You must have got some new glue..... :happy:

I was just telling you about the nightmare I had last night :)

Β 

14s are temporary. Eyeing the new blue Wilson PMP. But can't find any of the tour grinds.

Bettinardi SS28 Tour

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

^enjoy those fourteen wedges jay. I regret selling my rm12's.

Β 

Β 

745/945 firmly in the bag

You must have got some new glue..... :happy:

I was just telling you about the nightmare I had last night :)

Β 

14s are temporary. Eyeing the new blue Wilson PMP. But can't find any of the tour grinds.

Β 

I will keep any eye on the BST for them

Where has our man TMelectric been?

Β 

I will let both he and fuji share with you what their recent purchases have been but there's been been a bit of a bag overhaul. Let's just say the OEM that lost Keopka to the swoosh won't miss him with these two guys in their stable of players. Lol

Β 

Bettinardi SS28 Tour

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hey guys. Been a busy year with starting a new career and all. Work is cutting into my golf time. I picked up another set of 716 cb's from Jay. When I get the time, I will be comparing all three sets.. 945's, 716 cb's, and of course the J15 cb's.

Β 

The problem with my other set of 716's was the S300 shafts. A little too heavy which was causing my elbow to hurt. This set has Dynalite S300 shafts. If they don't work, I will pull a shaft (Modus 120 shaft) from either my 945's or J15's to try. Love that shaft.

Β 

Jay jumped ship like Zach Johnson.. He is starting a Cobra club.. It will be called the Cobra Kal'i. I believe Wobgon is eligible to join now.. He can be the Sgt. Of Arms.. Someone needs to keep Fuji out of the club.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

W

Hey guys. Been a busy year with starting a new career and all. Work is cutting into my golf time. I picked up another set of 716 cb's from Jay. When I get the time, I will be comparing all three sets.. 945's, 716 cb's, and of course the J15 cb's.

Β 

The problem with my other set of 716's was the S300 shafts. A little too heavy which was causing my elbow to hurt. This set has Dynalite S300 shafts. If they don't work, I will pull a shaft (Modus 120 shaft) from either my 945's or J15's to try. Love that shaft.

Β 

Jay jumped ship like Zach Johnson.. He is starting a Cobra club.. It will be called the Cobra Kal'i. I believe Wobgon is eligible to join now.. He can be the Sgt. Of Arms.. Someone needs to keep Fuji out of the club.

Back from the range......I may be wavering already......Only someone on wrx would be making iron decisions hitting off mats in 32 degree weather.

A lot of bag changes by you fellas, you should just get some 745 and call it a day like me

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Β 

Β 

So is he lying or what? :busted_cop:

The fujiman Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :smilie_fuji:

Β 

Can lightning strike a website? Just asking.lol

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

W

Β 

Β 

Back from the range......I may be wavering already......Only someone on wrx would be making iron decisions hitting off mats in 32 degree weather.

Β 

You definitely belong here.lol

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter